Michael's parents have custody.
Michael的父母取得了监护权
What am I going to do?
我该怎么办?
You're going to take it one day at a time.
总有一天你会重获监护权的
We got you housing. You're going to go there,
我们为你安排了住处 你先去那
take a shower, take a nap. Don't turn on the TV.
洗个澡 睡一觉 别看电视
You like reading?
你喜欢读书吗?
I'm going to get you some books. Fiction is best.
我会带些书给你 小说最好看了
You won't feel like it, but put on nice clothes and makeup.
虽然你不想 但是穿的漂亮些 化化妆
Force yourself to. Not for court...
打扮一下自己 不是为了出庭
for you.
是为了你自己
It's the superficial things that matter most right now.
这些虽是肤浅之物 但现在却很管用
Does it ever get easier?
这样会使事情顺利些吗?
No.
不会
But you do get better at it.
但你会感觉好些的
What?
怎么了?
If you identify with too many clients, you burn out.
如果你有很多委托人 早就崩溃了
Why don't you tell me when I do something right, okay?
如果我做对了 你就告诉我 好吗?
Sure.
当然
You go and interview the jurors and I'll try to figure out how a surveillance camera can lie.
你去拜访一下陪审员 我去看一下监控的问题
That's right. I was the jury foreman.
没错 我是陪审团主席
And you don't mind answeringa few questions for us, Doctor?
不介意回答我几个问题吧 医生?
It'll help us refine the case for the retrial.
以便在重审中完善我们的案子
No problem. I don't think you'll need much refining.
没问题 我觉得你们的案子不需完善了
Your case was very strong, very logical.
证据确凿 合情合理
I'm not even sure why the other side went to trial.
事实上 我不知道对方为何还要辩护
I voted for conviction right from the start.
从一开始 我就坚定了我的观点
Good. You... you mean, acquittal.
太好了 你...认为她无罪吗
No, conviction.
不是 是有罪
But I'm with the defense.
但我是辩方律师
She was lying about the pickup truck.
对于货车这点上 她撒了谎
She had the gunshot residue on her hands.
她手上还有枪药的残留物
Can I ask you how many voted for conviction from the start, sir?
先生 能告诉我最初由多少人认定有罪吗?
Eleven. What?
11个 什么?
There was only one holdout.
只有一人持有异议
Juror number nine.
9号♥陪审员
We argued with her for three days.
我们和她争辩了3天
But the judge polled the jury and they deadlocked six to six.
但法官让评审团投票结果是6比6啊
The judge would only declare us deadlocked if we were evenly split.
如果我们投出对等的票数 法官就会宣判僵局
So some of us agreed to change our vote to not guilty just to get out of there.
我们中一些人改投无罪票 只是为了早点离开那里
If it hadn't been for juror number nine we would have convicted.
如果不是因为9号♥陪审员 结果就是有罪
She didn't convince us. She exhausted us.
她不配合我们 却跟我们对着干
No tea for me, Mrs. Duretsky. Suit yourself.
我不喝茶 Duretsky女士 随便你
So the other jurors said you were a holdout. Is that correct?
其他陪审员说你持有异议 是吗?
They all thought they were so much smarter than me.
他们都以为他们比我明智
My vote counted just as much as theirs.
我只是像他们一样投票罢了
What exactly in the defense's case convinced you?
被告方的什么地方让你相信他们?
The whole thing, really.
所有地方 真的
I tend to look at a person and size them up pretty quickly.
我看到一个人 就会迅速做出判断
That lady, I liked her.
我喜欢那位女士
The defendant, Jennifer? No, that lawyer lady.
你说被告Jennifer? 不是 是那位律师
She never put on airs. I like that.
她从不装腔作势 我喜欢这样的
Just so I'm clear: the defense expert argued that the gunshot residue on Jennifer's hands came from the struggle.
那我明白了 辩方声称Jennifer手上的 枪药残余物是在搏斗过程中沾上的
So sweet. Is that why you held out?
哦 真可爱 你是这样认为吗?
I don't know about that.
我不清楚这些
I just tend to get a feeling.
我只是跟着感觉走
Don't I, Cyrus?
你说是吧 Cyrus?
Hi, Jackie.
嗨 Jackie
What's wrong? Nothing's wrong.
什么事? 没啥事
I was going through the laundry and I think some of Grace's school clothes - you would find inappropriate.
我在收拾要洗的衣服 发现Grace的校服有些不合适
We just moved away. Grace has left all her friends. I need you to go easier on her.
我们刚搬家 Grace离开了她的好友 你要多多关心她一下
All I said was I could take her shopping and help her find pants
我想说 我可以带她去购物并帮她
that would make her look slimmer.
挑选让她看起来更苗条的裤子
She's at a perfectly healthy weight.
她现在体重非常健康
I don't want her to have body image issues. She'll only have body image issues
我可不想她身材有问题
if she keeps gaining weight.
如果她继续增重 身材肯定出问题
Alicia.
Alicia
We'll talk about this when I get home later, okay?
我们一会儿回家再谈 好吗?
All right. Bye.
好吧 拜拜
You know the new associate Cary?
你知道那位新律师Cary吗?
The one in the Brioni?
你是指穿布莱奥尼的那位吗?
What? I'm observant.
什么? 我可明察秋毫
Yes, the one in the Brioni.
是的 就是穿布莱奥尼的那位
He said to me, "May the best man win."
他对我说"狭路相逢勇者胜"
What exactly does he mean by that?
他想表达什么意思?
What he means is something I thought we weren't making public.
他说的是一些我不想公开的事
What?
什么?
Look, we only have one associate position open.
是这样的 我们只有一个职位空缺
We agreed to hire two applicants, and in 6 months decide which one to retain.
我们决定录用两位申请者 6个月后只留下一位
So this is a contest between me and Cary?
所以这是我和Cary之间的竞争?
It was either that or a cage match.
或者说是"困兽之斗"
I'm just happy your pro bono's going well.
我很高兴你把工作做到很好
Visiting hours are almost over.
探监时间快结束了
They said a visitor.
他们说我有探视者
I thought Mom.
我以为是妈妈
I've been busy.
我一直很忙
It's good to see you.
很高兴能见到你
I need you to sign some things.
我需要你签一些东西
Okay.
好的
We didn't get everything we wanted on the house.
我们没能拿走房♥子里的所有东西
It's a bad market to sell.
市场不景气 不好卖♥♥
I see that.
我看见了
We used most of it for your court costs.
这些钱基本都用来为你打官司了
The rent will come out of my salary, The kids are going to have to stay in public school.
房♥租会从我工资中扣 孩子们也要去公立学校上学
How are they?
他们还好吗?
Mother says that she's helping out around the house.
妈妈说她还帮忙整理房♥间
They're good. Grace argues over clothes with your mother,
他们很好 Grace会和你妈妈为衣服争执
and Zach is using you to make friends at school.
Zach则利用你的名声在学校交友
Which I don't know if that's a healthy thing or something worse.
我不知道这是好事还是坏事
Using me?
利用我?
FunnyOrDie has a skit about you.
"笑死不偿命"网站登了一篇 有关你的讽刺文章
It's cool, I guess.
我猜一定写的不错
Here.
这些
Alicia, I know this has been hard on you,
Alicia 我知道你很艰难 但你要相信我
but you have to believe me. I'm innocent...
我是清白的...
of the abuse of office charges.
有关滥用职权的事
You think I give a damn about that, Peter?
你认为我会原谅你吗 Peter?
They were playing a tape in Grace's computer lab of you sucking the toes of a hooker.
他们在Grace的机房♥里放映 你舔妓♥女♥脚趾的录像
You think I care about the small print in your employment contract?
你以为我会在意你雇佣合同上那些字吗?
Come on, I was set up.
拜托 我是被诬陷的
The state attorneys...
那个地方检察官... 算了吧 Peter 我不想谈这...!
I don't want to talk...!
我不想和你吵
I'm not going to fight. I didn't come here to fight.
我不是来这吵架的 妈妈说你接手了一个案子
Mom says you're on a case. Congratulations.
恭喜你
The fake carjacking, right?
伪装劫车案 是吗?
Who's the judge?
法官是谁?
Richard Cuesta.
Richard Cuesta
You're kidding. He hates me.
说笑的吧 他讨厌我
I know.
我知道
Visiting hours are now over. Visiting hours are now over.
探监时间到 探监时间到
You know there was something weird about that case, don't you?
你知道这件案子有疑点 是吗?
The Lewis case?
Lewis之案?
There was a rumor going around that something got buried, pitted.
有谣言称有些证据被掩盖
What?
什么?
Evidence or testimony.
证据或是证词
I should go. Hey, listen,
我得走了 嘿 听好
thanks for playing the breadwinner for a while. It's not going to last forever.
谢谢你暂时养家糊口 我不会让你苦一辈子的
The lawyers think the appellate court is going to hear my case.
律师说受理上诉的法庭会审理我的案子
If they overturn it, everything goes back to normal.
如果能翻案 我们将回到原来的生活
It's time.
时间到了
Peter,
Peter
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表