This is the other lawyer Anna mentioned.
这是Anna提到的另外一位律师
We were just discussing the suit.
我们刚巧在讨论案子
Our firm feels that it could offer you some... assistance.
我们事务所认为可以提供你一些帮助
Odd, I didn't know I needed some... assistance.
奇怪 我并不需要一些...帮助
M. And M. s. Loeb, could you give us a moment to talk?
Loeb先生 Loeb夫人 能让我们单独谈下吗?
Yes, yes, please.
好的 请便
Ryan, if you could make this work, we'd prefer that.
Ryan 如果你可以做这项工作 我们很感谢
And Ms. Florrick, next time you see your husband, please tell him how much he is appreciated.
Florrick夫人 下次见你丈夫时 请代为转告我们的谢意
So... I do the depositions, the pretrial motions, prep for next week's trial,
我准备证词 预审动议 预备下周的庭审
and here comes the 600-pound gorilla.
忽然来了个600磅的大猩猩
Yep, that's me, 600 pounds.
是的 是我 600磅
Did you read the brief? Nope.
你读了案件摘要吗? 没有
Talk to the plaintiff? Nope.
和原告谈过吗? 没有
Came on this case two hours ago.
2小时前才接了这个案子
Our firm is doing it as a favor to M. s. Loeb.
我们事务所是为了帮助Loeb夫人
Why willful and...?
为什么说故意和...?
I was put on this case.
嘿 我是被指派来这个案子的
It's not my choice and I really don't care if it's your choice.
不是我的选择 我也不关心是否是你的选择
You call it a 600-pound gorilla or whatever you want, but now I'm your second chair. They saw the eruv wire was down,
你可以叫我600磅的大猩猩 但现在我是你的副手
they knew it could trip somebody up, and they didn't try to repair it.
他们看到教区线掉下来 知道可能会绊人 却没去修理它
That's why it's willful and wanton conduct nd subject to high punitive damages.
这就是故意和肆无忌惮的行为 所以遭受了高额的惩罚性赔偿
They admitted to that?
他们承认了?
In their depositions.
在供词中
And why would they admit to that?
为什么他们会承认?
The wire fell on the Sabbath.
线是在安息日掉下来的
They couldn't do anything.
那天他们不能做任何事
It's the perfect legal trap.
是的 这就是完美的法律漏洞
They're liable because their religion wouldn't let them act. And your defense?
他们承担法律责任是因为信仰让其不作为 你打算如何辩护?
My defense is to suggest that you go tell your boss you're meeting regularly with me
我的辩护是建议你去和你老板说 你已经和我见过面了
and I'm doing a great job and let me win this case.
我工作做得不错 我会赢这件案子的
That's not going to happen, M. Alprin.
这不可能 Alprin先生
We're in this together.
我们是一起的
Can't hear you.
听不到
You were maintaining that injured so badly as to require a large judgment?
你坚持你严重受伤 所以诉求法庭裁判?
I'm maintaining that I have pain every single day.
我坚持我每天都很痛
I... I tried to ignore it.
我试着不去想它
I tryed to pick up my little girl, but I can't.
我试着去接我小女儿 但不行
It keeps me from pushing her on a swing.
它让我无法推她荡秋千
It keeps me from playing with her on the floor.
它让我无法在地板上陪她玩
And this grocery store was a half mile from your home.
那家杂货店离你家半英里远
Why did you pass up five closer grocery stores to go to this one?
你为什么错过附近5家杂货店去这家呢?
My daughter needs gluten-free foods and... i>this grocery store...
我女儿需要无麸质食品 这家杂货店...
the kosher grocery store... had more options.
犹太食品店...有更多的选择
Good answer.
不错的回答 你跌倒以后 过了多长时间...?
Great answer.
很棒的回答
Anything to undercut the injury testimony?
有什么可以削弱受伤的证词?
I'm still checking.
我还在查
I mean, as far as I can tell, nobody witnessed her fall, but I'm checking with first responders.
据我所知没有人看到她跌倒 但我在和首先到现场的人核查
Any word from your cocounsel?
你的合伙律师说了什么?
No, our friend Mr. Alprin doesn't pick up his phone.
没有 我们的朋友Alprin先生不接电♥话♥
This one's a tough one.
那家伙很强硬
The jury's gonna love her.
陪审团会喜欢她
And you're dealing with sympathy issues.
你面对的是同情问题
Is that a euphemism for something?
这是什么的婉转说法?
AntiSemitism.
反犹太主义
We'll deal with that in voir dire.
甄选陪审员时我们会处理的
Wonder what those questions will sound like
想想那些问题听起来会是这样的
"Do you dislike Jews?"
"你讨厌犹太人吗?"
You're a bundle of fun today. You're kidding me!
今天你很开心嘛 你在跟我开玩笑吧!
Layoffs.
裁员
Hi, I'm Katarina.
嗨 我是Katarina
And I am so excited to chat with you.
很高兴能与您聊天
You must be 18 or older to chat and please have your credit card ready.
您必须年满18周岁才能聊天 并请您准备好信♥用♥卡♥
And as if life wasn't full enough.
生活就是这么不完美
Mr. Alprin...
Alprin先生...
So, I asked for a continuance until Monday morning because Vice cops like to sleep in,
我申请延期到周一上午了 扫黄扫毒组的警♥察♥喜欢睡懒觉
so don't fail to show up in court, okay?
到时一定要到庭 知道吗?
If you don't show up, you're going to have to take a plea.
如果不到 会视作认罪
Alprin & Associates.
Alprin事务所
I thought you were taking away his keys, Mrs. Frazzi.
我以为你是要拿他的钥匙 Frazzi先生
Okay, the arraignment won't be until 3:00.
好 传讯定在三点
I'll see you there.
到时见
Okay, you let me know when you can talk.
好 能谈时再告诉我
Just... sit here and wait.
我就先坐这等等
So... Mrs. Florrick.
Florrick夫人
Mrs. Peter Florrick. Right here in my office.
Peter Florrick夫人 正在我办公室 是
That's me. So this is what idealism looks like.
正是在下 原来这就是"理想主义"啊
I liked your husband.
我挺中意你丈夫的
He was better than this current state's attorney.
比现任地方检察长好多了
Easier on Duis and drug cases.
酒后驾车和毒品案好办多了
So, here's your problem.
你现在棘手的是
You've got a client who admitted to liability, and a sympathetic plaintiff.
委托人承认负有法律责任 以及一位令人同情的原告
You saw the depositions?
你看了证词?
Got them from the plaintiff's attorney.
从原告律师那弄到的
You wouldn't answer your phone.
你一直不接电♥话♥
The only play I see is you attack the medical evidence, and try to reduce the punitive amount.
我看你只能攻击医学证据 并努力减少赔偿金
What do you think of the First Amendment? - I like it.
觉得"第一修正案"怎样? - 挺好的
Isaac and Anna's religion requires they not act on the fallen eruv wire, because it's the Sabbath.
因为是安息日 Isaac和Anna的宗教信仰 要求他们对掉落的电线不作为
Therefore they can't be held liable for not acting.
因此他们对不作为不负法律责任
You want to use the First Amendment to attack a slip and fall?
你想用"第一修正案"来辨滑倒案?
They believed God would judge them if they acted, so they couldn't act.
他们坚信 如果作为 上帝会怪罪 所以他们不能采取任何行动
And what about OSHA v. Smith? OSHA v. Smith can kiss my ass.
那Osha诉Smith案呢? Osha诉Smith案是鬼扯
Liability is outweighed by the Loebs' right to exercise their religion.
法定义务并不比Loebs夫妇的信仰自♥由♥重要
Up to what point? If they saw someone dying outside...
要如何横量?
Well, yes, when that happens, I will call on you, Mrs. Florrick.
如果目击外面有人要死... 如果那样 我就召唤你了 Florrick夫人
But you're creating a loophole in liability law.
但你是在钻义务法的空子
No. The Constitution is.
不 宪法是...
How long were you married?
你结婚多久了?
15 years, and don't do that. What?
15年 还有别那样 怎样?
Throw a personal question into the middle of an intellectual argument.
智力辩论时抛出私人问题
It gets more honest answers.
那能套出更诚实的答案
Judges in civil courts crave two things: novelty nd getting out of civil court.
民事法庭的法官只渴望两件事: 新颖和从民事法庭抽身
The First Amendment is novel.
"第一修正案"就很新颖
We'd have to put a First Amendment scholar on the stand.
我们要请"第一修正案"的权威作证
I was about to make calls.
我正要打电♥话♥呢
Give me half.
我分担一半
How can you work there?
你怎么能在那工作?
How can I work where? What are we talking about now?
在哪工作? 我们现在扯什么?
Stern, Lockhart & Gardner. Oh, right.
Stern Lockhart及Gardner事务所
The big bad corporate overlords.
对 坏律师事物所的巨头
Much better to work in a storefront, fighting for Duis and prostitutes.
与之相比 蜗在小店办酒后驾车和卖♥♥淫案 显然要高尚许多
Two years ago, I had a case of lead poisoning in toys.
两年前 我接了桩玩具铅中毒案
Benny Brauer. Eight months old.
八个月大的Benny Brauer
Fell into a coma after sucking on a crib mobile.
误食婴儿床移♥动♥转铃陷入昏迷
The insurance company offered to settle until your firm got involved.
你们事物所插手前 保险公♥司♥同意和解
Isn't the point of representing clients to help them win?
代理委托人不就该帮他们赢吗?
Meet me in open court, I'll beat you every time.
开庭时光明正大的来 我会让你们屡战屡败
That's not what your firm did. You buried us
可你们律所来阴的
in paper, continuances, trial motions waiting for Benny Brauer to die.
把我们困在文件 延期诉讼 庭审动议上 就等着Benny Brauer死掉
A week later, I heard your chief litigator had a name for it.
一周后 我听说你们首席律师为此计取名
"Litigating the margins."
"围着保险金辩论"
Delaying the reward to exhaust the opposition and therefore reduce the payout.
"拖延交付罚金 来拖垮敌手以至减少赔偿金"
We do pro bonos. We do death row cases.
我们也做义务法援和死刑案件
You can't tarnish an entire firm - based on one case.
你不能因一件案子就看扁整个事物所
Sure you can.
当然可以
Especially when one of the partners was the chief litigator.
特别是那个首席律师就是合伙人之一
Will Gardner.
Will Gardner
Just give me one second, all right?
失陪一下 好吗?
Alicia.
Alicia
Stern called for an update on his daughter's case, he sent you something.
Stern致电询问他女儿案子的进展 还送了件礼物给你
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表