法官大人 Duke是在代表自己辩护吗?
No, no, it's all right, Mr. Gardner.
不 不 没关系的 Gardner先生
A smidgen of informalityis, allowed us all.
一点非正式的话 对大家都是允许的
And yes, Mr. Roscoe, I clearly admit that we probably wouldagree on very little,
是的 Roscoe先生我承认可能我们不能达成什么一致
but this court is a blind court,and I will endeavor to be fair.
但这是非公开审理 我会努力做到公正
Thank you.
谢谢
Talk about playing the refs.
又在扮演大裁判了呢
Yep, he's good. Your Honor,
是啊 他很厉害
the defense moves for a summarydismissal based on the First Amendment.
法官大人 辩方依据宪法第一修正案要求即决驳回
The plaintiff would deny Mr. Roscoe - the right to speak his mind...
原告否定了Roscoe先生自♥由♥言论的权利...
No, Your Honor. We want to deny Mr. Roscoethe right to slander and lie.
不 法官大人 我们要否定的是Roscoe先生诽谤和撒谎的权利
The truth is an absolute defense.I've been nothing
事实胜于雄辩
but truthfulabout that child killer.
对于那个小孩谋杀案我说的全部都是事实
Your Honor,if you're gonna yell "fire" in a crowded theater, theredamn well better be a fire.
法官大人 如果要在电影院里大叫"着火了" 那最好是真的着火了
Counselors, thank you.
各位律师 谢谢啊
A second.
稍等一下
It's like Lucy with the football.
就像Lucy有关橄榄球的案子一样
He's gonna screw us again.
他又要折腾我们了
You argue that the First Amendmentguarantees the right to speak but not the right to lie.
Gardner先生 你辩称宪法第一修正案保障了言论自♥由♥但不是撒谎自♥由♥
I agree with that statement.
我同意那样的论述
But our case will be decided onvery narrow grounds.
但这案子的裁决会基于很有限的层面Gardner先生 Lockhart女士
To use your example, it's not enough to provethat there was no fire in the theater.
就用你的例子来说仅仅证明电影院里没有着火是不够的
You must also prove that Mr. Roscoe knew there was no fire or had a reckless disregardfor the facts.
你还得证明Roscoe先生知道没有着火或者是非常草率的不顾事实
Okay, Cary, Kalinda,this now turns into a fact-finding case.
好吧 Cary Kalinda现在这成了找事实的案子了
Who was leaking Duke all his informationin the police investigation?
是谁一直在向Duke透露警方调查的信息?
We need to find out what he was givenso we can prove he was lying.
我们得找出他透露了什么我们才能证明他是在撒谎
And Alicia, you keep on Tim.
还有 Alicia 你跟着Tim
Hand-hold him,make sure he stays on the reservation.
看好他 确保他待在住处
Alicia needs to split her timewith the Childs' divorce.
实际上Alicia得抽时间处理Childs的离婚
Right.Okay, Cary, you stay with him.
对啊 好吧 Cary 你跟着他吧
Hand-hold him.
一定要看紧他
Look
听着
The woman is a murderer.Nothing else matters.
那女人是凶手 其它的都不重要
Look, we all want to save face here, so let's chat.
我们都想保住面子 我们谈谈吧
Outside the spotlight, Duke can't know,just you and me.
远离闪光灯 Duke不知道的 就你和我
And if any money changes hands,it's out of the press.
任何赔钱的问题 都不会告知媒体
Can we have a secret handshake?
我们能秘密达成协议不?
8:00 tonight, my hotel.
今晚8点 在我的宾馆见
Cheryl Willens killed her child.
Cheryl Willens杀了她的孩子
Your spray pattern'slike a fingerprint, K.
你射击就像在按指纹一样 K
Hi, Frank.
嘿 Frank
What do you need?
你需要什么?
Why do you think I need anything?
为什么你觉得我需要什么?
There's eight open alleys,you're in the one next to me.
那有八个空道 你却在我旁边这个
Willens kidnapping,everything you got.
Willens绑♥架♥案 所有你知道的
And what do I get out of it?
我能有什么好处?
Satisfaction fromdoing the right thing.
做正确事的满足感
It's an ongoing investigation.
这是个进行中的调查
The Lindbergh babyis an ongoing investigation.
Lindbergh婴儿也是个进行中的调查
What do you need?
你想要什么?
The 911 tapes?
911电♥话♥录音带?
Yeah, the 911 tapes.
是的 911电♥话♥录音带
And the investigative reports.
还有调查报告
They're under lock and key.
那是被锁着的
Upstairs is upsetthat someone's leaking this stuff to Duke Roscoe.
有人Duke Roscoe透露情况上头很不高兴
Okay.
好吧
Two shots; whoever hits closest.
两枪 看谁最准
I win, you give me everything.
我赢了 你给我所有东西
911 and the reports.
911录音带和报告
And if I win?
如果我赢了呢?
Okay, you first.
你先来吧
Go for it.
上吧
Not bad. Your turn.
不错啊 该你了
That's right,you're a heart man, Frank.
对啊 你是个有心人啊 Frank
Put up or shut up, K.
要么上膛 要么是闭嘴 K
Let me start by saying,although this office may not have the trappingsof a courtroom,
我这么说吧 尽管这间办公室没有法庭的样子
both parties have agreedto arbitration, and as such, my decisionshave the force of law.
双方都同意仲裁这样我的决定同样居于法律效力
Do both parties understand?
双方都清楚了吗?
We seem to be only one party.
我们这似乎只有一方
As you know, Mrs. Childs,your husband is a busy man.
你知道的 Childs夫人 你的丈夫很忙的
He's asked me, as his lead attorney,to handle matters in his stead.
他已经请我作为首席律师来代表他处理事情
There are no mattersto handle in his stead.
这事情不能代表
You signed a prenuptialagreement, Mrs. Childs.
你签过婚前协议的 Childs夫人
The only matter to discussis when are you moving out.
需要讨论的只是你何时候搬出去
The matter to discuss is the amountof Carla's spousal support
需要讨论的是Carla的赡养费
and whether she's goingto allow Mr. Childs to visit his children at all.
以及她什么时候允许Childs先生来探视他的孩子
You seem to be takingfor granted that my client would ignorea legally-executed contract.
你似乎想当然地认为我的委托人会无视一份法律认可的协议
Why would he do that, Mrs. Childs?
他为什么要那样 Childs夫人?
Because of her.
因为她
Tell your clientthat if he doesn't make it to our next arbitration,
告诉你的委托人 如果下次仲裁他再不来
I will tell Mrs. Florrickwhat I found on his laptop.
我会告诉Florrick夫人我在他笔记本里发现了什么
Is that supposed to scare him?
你是要恐吓他?
Yes.
是的
So you're using me for leverage.
你是在拿我当筹码
Yes.
是的
Does that make you uncomfortable?
那样让你不舒服了吗?
It makes me mistrustful.
那让我不信任你
So use me back.
那就也利用我吧
I know exactlywhat you're going through. I...
我知道你在经历些什么
my uncle died.
我...我的叔叔去世了
Hardest day of my life. Ruptured ulcer.
一生中最艰难的一天 溃疡破裂
The whole... the...
整个...
God.
...天哪
Then my aunt insisted on havingan open casket.
然后我的婶婶坚持要开棺
I have no idea why. To get to see the dead body?
我不知道为什么要看他的遗体?
You are playing with fire.
你这是在玩火啊
Who let you in here?
谁让你进来的?
It's my family.
那是我的家庭
Let me show you the way out.
我来带你出去吧 Childs先生
You're poisoning her against me.
你在害她 来针对我
You want to talk to me, you phonemy assistant and make an appointment,
你想要和我谈你给我的助手打电♥话♥ 预约一下
don't you ever come into my officewithout my permission.
但别再不经我允许就跑到我办公室来
You know, she was fine.
她很好
Carla was happyuntil you talked to her.
你和她交谈之前Carla都很好
My God.
我的天哪
Are you blind?
你难道看不见吗?
I have two sons. Don't you touch me!
我有两个儿子 别碰我!
I have a life!
我有生活!
Those envelopes on your doorstep,they're the beginning.
那些在你家门口的信封 那只是个开始
I have more.
我还有很多
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Don't play stupid with me.
别跟我装傻
Those photos, the DVDs...
那些照片 那些DVD碟片
I have eight years of evidence.
我有八年的证据
Then use it!
那就用啊!
Who's stopping you?
谁拦住你了?
Security, 27th floor, please.
保安 请到27楼来
You want to make this about family? Fine.
你想把家人扯进来吗? 好啊
I can make it about family, too.
我也能扯上你的家人
Look, your only play is to winthe sympathy of the jury.
你唯一的策略就是赢得陪审团的同情
They get so outraged,they ignore jury instructions, and they awardyour poor widower something.
他们十分愤怒 不顾陪审团指示他们给你那可怜的鳏夫些好处
Actually, I have another play.
实际上 我还有其他策略
Emm
嗯?
I make your network look so bad, - they pay the four million.
我让你们电视网看起来很坏然后你们得赔偿四百万
Four million, is it now?
四百万 现在吗?
Hand that's cheap.
那还是便宜的了
Did I tell you I got a 911 tape of a distraught Cheryl Willens phoningthe police about her missing daughter?
告诉你我有一个911电♥话♥录音带里面是Cheryl Willens焦急地报♥警♥她女儿失踪了
Now I know you're bluffing.
我知道你是在虚张声势呢
Yep.
是啊
Just me and a tape recorderdoing a great imitation of a panicked mom.
只是我和一个录音员在模仿慌乱的母亲
So did it hurt to have it removed?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表