Previously on The Good Wife
傲骨贤妻 前情提要
You put me in with the general population?
你指使人把我转到普通牢房♥的 是吧?
Yes
没错
Ms. Madison
Madison小姐
Do you recognize this man?
你认识这名男子吗?
Prior to your relationship
在你与我的委托人建立关系之前
with my client, you had a similar relationship with him.
曾和他有过类似的往来
You wouldn't.
你不会这么做的
To protect my family, you have no idea what I'm capable of.
为了保护家庭我会不择手段
This is not about sex.
这无关性事
Now let me repeat that because it bares repeating.
让我再重申一下事实
This is not...
这...
about sex.
无关性事
So... what is this really about?
那 这到底关乎什么呢?
My client was convicted and sentenced to prison for a very simple and almost
我的委托人被扣上莫须有的罪名 送进监狱
prosaic reason.
原因昭然若揭
He told his subordinates to DP...
他让下属撤诉
Decline to prosecute...
撤销对一些案子的起诉
certain cases, and the prosecution believes
控方认为
this was in trade for financial and sexual favors.
这是金钱和桃色交易的结果
That... is what it comes down to.
这... 就是这宗案件的起因
The prosecution has a problem.
但控方有个漏洞
The evidence that they presented at the trial was entirely circumstantial,
他们呈递给法庭的所有证据都是 间接证据
and to be granted a new trial, we don't even have to disprove any of it.
如果重新开庭审理 我们甚至不 需要驳倒这些证据
What we need to do, what we intend to do,
我们需要做的 想要做的
is to persuade Your Honor that if the jury had heard the new evidence
是要请法官大人准许我们 在接下来两周向您
that you will hear over the next two weeks,
提呈新的证据
they likely would have reached a different verdict.
这些证据足以推♥翻♥陪审团之前的判决
No, I'm all right. I'm just...
不 我没事
staying for the opening arguments.
我只是...在等着听庭辩
How is it going? Good. They feel good.
进展如何? 不错 他们自信满满
Good. The judge likes Peter.
那就好 那法官喜欢Peter
He just needs to be given a reason to decide for him.
他只需要个改变判决的理由
Sorry to be loading up,
不过 抱歉又要让你做事了
but the client is going to be here in an hour.
客户一小时后就过来
What client? Colin Sweeney.
什么客户? Colin Sweeney
I love the reaction that name gets.
我很享受说完这名字后你的反应
It's like the horses in young Frankenstein.
像"新科学怪人"里面的马一样
Are we really going to represent him?
我们真要做他的代理人吗?
We are really going to represent him.
我们真要做他的代理人了
And, lucky you, you're now second chair.
另外 你很幸运地被选为这案子的 助理律师
Lucky me. I'll see you in an hour.
我还真幸运 一小时后见
Clients are going to bolt.
客户们会发飙的
Your clients.
是你的客户
You mean the bleeding heart feminists who don't pay the bills?
是那些不肯付账单的 心碎女权主义者么?
Don't play that game. This isn't a feminist issue.
少来这套 这跟女权主义不沾边儿
Colin Sweeney killed his wife.
Colin Sweeney杀了他妻子
He was found not guilty of killing his wife.
Colin Sweeney在他妻子的谋杀案 上被判无罪
So was OJ.
O.J.也曾被判无罪 是啊 而且...
Why am I the one standing up for "Innocent until proven guilty" here?
为何我要在这支持
Because you're not. You want his company's business.
因为你也没觉得他无罪 你只是想接他公♥司♥的业务
Yes, as should you.
是啊 你也该这么想
We lost a third of our business with Stern leaving the firm.
Stern带走了公♥司♥三分之一的业务
We can't turn our noses up at any clients these days.
现在轮不到我们对客户挑挑拣拣
Because we know we're not making any money from your pet causes.
从你的爱好上我们赚不到一毛钱
It's not a pet cause.
那不是什么爱好
It's not even a lawsuit yet. I'm just considering it.
甚至都还没立案呢 我只是在考虑
Come on. You can't win. You don't even want to win.
承认吧 你赢不了 你甚至不想赢
You just want to harass gun manufacturers.
你只是想给枪♥支♥制♥造♥商添点堵
It's the wild west, is it?
看来 是要上演西部牛仔片了?
Without Stern, you have one vote, I have one vote,
Stern不在 你是一票 我也是一票
and now it's every man for himself?
所以干脆各自为政了?
Looks like it.
大概是吧
We're heading into a bad time.
大事不妙了啊
Revolvers, semiautomatics, six-shot, eight-shot.
左轮手♥枪♥ 半自动步♥枪♥ 六连发 八连发
To win, we have to show that
哇 要打赢官司我们得展示下这个
the gun manufacturer knowingly violated law
枪♥支♥制♥造♥商对州法律明知故犯
when they allowed guns to be illegally distributed.
他们默许枪♥支♥非法散布
Every single one of them was bought within two miles of here.
方圆两英里内这些枪都可以买♥♥到
They're all unloaded?
子弹都卸了吧?
Slide the bolt to check for a chambered round.
滑动枪栓检查水准器
Drop the magazine. Do a physical check of the barrel.
卸下弹夹 查看枪膛
You're unloaded.
子弹都卸掉啦
It's so odd... The attraction to handguns. It's almost primal.
感觉真诡异 人对枪的控制欲 是种很原始的欲望
It's a good look... Sarah Palinesque.
看起来很帅气 像Sarah Palin
Thank you.
谢谢夸奖
What about that one?
那支是什么?
Walther PPK, sevenshot, 9mm.
华特PPK 七连发 9毫米口径
How much would this cost on the street?
这在市面上要卖♥♥多少钱?
It depends.
看情况 我花5万买♥♥的
That was 50. Check this out.
快看 好小巧啊
It's so small. Colin Sweeney?
Colin Sweeney?
I heard it was a necrophilia thing. Nope.
听说他是个恋尸癖
Chopped her up. Put her in the dog food.
才不是呢 他把她的尸体剁碎了 拌在狗粮里
Don't know what that jury was thinking.
真不知道那鬼陪审团怎么想的
Tough to convict when they never found a body. It's the perfect crime.
警方完全找不到尸体 完美犯罪
Do people still use sawed-off shotguns these days or is pass?
现在还有人用锯短枪管的枪么 还是只有以前才用?
Why is Alicia on it?
那为何是Alicia跟这个案子?
You know why. Her husband prosecuted him the first time.
你知道的 他上次是被她丈夫起诉
So?
所以呢?
Who better to defend him?
还有比她更适合的辩护人吗?
Ms. Florrick
Florrick太太
A pleasure to meet you.
见到你很荣幸
Don't worry. I killed her with my other hand.
别担心 我是用左手杀她的
Joking.
开个玩笑 抱歉
Sorry. I've developed a perverse sense of the comic over the last year.
去年以来我培养了变♥态♥的喜感
Okay, let's try not to joke like that in court, shall we?
好吧 不过在法庭上还是尽量避免 类似的玩笑 好吧?
You think it'll come to that... court?
你觉得事情会到那一步吗 要上庭?
Cantwell is a top litigator... he wants a trial.
Cantwell是个顶级的诉讼律师 他会想上庭的
Our goal is to avoid a jury. You're in a
我们的目标是避免陪审团参与
similar situation to OJ,
你现在的处境跟O.J.很相似
if you don't mind me continuing the metaphor.
如果你不介意我把你们相提并论
Like OJ, you were found
跟他一样你被判无罪
not guilty, but people think you did it, they want to see you hurt.
但人们认为你就是真凶 他们想看到你受惩罚
Your stepdaughter is counting on that,
你的继女正盼着这样呢
she's suing you in civil court.
所以她才将你告上民事法庭
Charlotte... we never saw eye to eye, I'm afraid.
Charlotte 恐怕我们很难合得来
She resented Carolyn leaving her father for me.
Carolyn为了我离开了她父亲 她对此一直怀恨在心
Unfortunately, the Illinois slayer statute says
遗憾的是 伊利诺斯州有关于 杀人凶手的条例
you can't inherit someone's estate if you cause their death.
如果你导致了某人的死亡 就无权继承他的遗产
If Charlotte wins, she gets the money, the company.
如果Charlotte赢了官司 她会得到钱和公♥司♥的股份
What do you think, Mrs. Florrick?
你有什么想法 Florrick太太?
What do I think about what? Your husband prosecuted me.
我能有什么想法? 你丈夫起诉过我
You must have an opinion as to my guilt or innocence.
关于我有罪与否 你应该有想法
My opinion is irrelevant.
我的想法跟案件无关
Not to me. Not at this moment.
我觉得有关 现在就有关
You think I killed my wife?
你觉得我杀了我妻子吗?
Of course.
当然
Look, you pay us to represent your interests...
你瞧 你付钱让我们代表您的利益
Even though her body was never found?
即使她的尸体下落不明?
I'm sure you found ways to dispose of it.
我想你有办法处理掉了她的尸体
Chopped her up and buried her in a landfill somewhere?
把她剁碎了埋在某处垃圾堆?
Or in Lake Michigan.
或者扔进密歇根湖
And my alibi?
不在场证明呢?
That you were driving from St. Louis to Chicago at the time?
从圣路易斯开车到芝加哥也能算?
So you have no problem representing a murderer?
为一个杀人犯辩护你也没问题?
I have a great problem with it.
哦 我太有问题了
But you'll do it anyway?
但你还是会为我辩护?
Unless you'd like to exclude me.
除非你拒绝接受我的辩护
Not for the world.
我绝不会的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表