Didn't you?
你不是吗?
Thanks.
谢谢夸奖
I could be wrong. It's a small sampling.
我可能会搞错 毕竟是小范围抽样
Get a larger one.
找更多的案例过来
So you think I should pursue the biased sentencing charge?
那你认为我应坚持这是带偏见审判咯?
What else do you have?
还有什么选择?
Mitigation. Or withdraw the plea.
降低刑量或者是撤回抗辩
Argue that Baxter didn't properly admonish Terrence.
说Baxter并没给予Terrence合适的教训
Maybe on an appeal,
上诉的时候才用吧
but you have to get back to Baxter with this motion.
但是你一定要带着这份动议去找他
When Illinois still had death penalty,
只要伊利诺斯州还有死刑
juries were ten times more likely to sentence an African-American than a white one.
陪审团绝对会倾向于重判一个 非裔美国人而不是白种人
I challenged three death sentences with that argument.
我试过在3个死刑法庭用这项论据
And did it work? Twice.
有用吗? 两次
Judges should know they can't get away with bias in sentencing.
法官也知道他们的判决会有偏颇
But I don't want to fight a cause at the expense of a client.
我不想以失去一个客户为代价打官司
You won't. Get a larger sampling.
不会的 去找更多案例来吧
Don't make your argument specific to Baxter. Throw in a few other judges, too.
别让你的观点只针对Baxter一个 给些别的法官的例子
If Baxter is smart, he'll read between the lines and reconsider.
如果Baxter够聪明 他就会仔细地读然后重新考虑判决
You know judge Baxter is a friend of Will's?
你知道Baxter法官是Will的朋友吗?
I don't see the relevance. This isn't personal.
没有任何相关性 这不是针对个人的
A judge's job is to be an impartial arbiter. Two lifeguards to every swimmer.
法官的任务就是要公正地仲裁 作每个人的双保险
If Baxter fails, it's in everybody's interest to make that known.
要是Baxter是错的 那所有人都应当了解
Thank you. No problem.
谢谢你 应该的
You should knock on my door more often, Alicia.
你应该经常来找我的 Alicia
I will.
我会的
You're doing a good job.
你一直干的不错
My apologies if I haven't told you that until now.
直到现在才跟你说是我的错
Thank you.
谢谢你
Her name is Shannon. She rode her bike here.
她叫Shannon 骑着自行车就过来了
She wouldn't let me phone her mother.
她也不让我打给她妈妈
Well, I just think she's a little mature for Grace.
我觉得她对于Grace来说太成熟了点
Her father's in prison, you know.
你知道吗 她爸爸是囚犯呢
Jackie, your son's in prison.
Jackie 你儿子也在坐牢啊
Yes, but he's not in Statesville.
是啊 但他又不是关在斯泰茨维尔
What?
怎么了?
I wish laugh about it.
我倒希望我能一笑置之呢
I'm not laughing about it.
我不是笑这件事
I'm laughing about you.
我是笑你啦
Yes, that would be me... figure of fun.
是 我就是个笑料
I'm just glad that Grace has a friend.
Grace能有个朋友我很开心的
She's been slow to make friends at school.
她在学校交朋友很慢的
Then let me introduce her to some friends at the DLC.
这我倒可以给她介绍些在DLC的朋友
No, Jackie, not the diutante stuff.
Jackie 别跟我说是社交圈的东西
It's not the way it used to be.
以前不是这样子的
There are black cotillions,
有黑白舞会
Mexican cotillions.
墨西哥舞会
The girls work in soup kitchens.
女孩们都在食物救济站工作呢
Jackie, why...
Jackie 不如...
Why don't we just let Gracie pick her own friends?
不如就让Gracie自己交朋友吧 好不?
Have you even asked Grace what her friend's father is in prison for?
你问过Grace她朋友的爸爸为何坐牢了吗?
Don't you think we should at least find that out?
你不觉得至少问个明白么?
What if it's something bad?
要是很不好怎么办?
What if it is?
是又怎么样?
She's not her father.
有其父不必有其女啊
Hello?
喂?
Much as I hate to admit it,
尽管我不想承认
stat boy may have something.
但精算男找到了好料
We looked at all the kids Baxter sent to detention, sorted by date.
我们把Baxter判监禁的孩子按日期排序
The racial pattern didn't exist The racial pattern didn't exist before June 2008. Why?
以种族定案的现象是从08年6月开始的
Do you want to talk to her? Nah.
你来跟她说好不好? 不好
We don't know, but something in June changed for Baxter.
我们也找不出原因 但是6月份发生的事情改变了Baxter
What?
什么事?
I don't know.
不知道
Can you find out?
你能找出来吗?
Oh, yeah.
当然能
Went for it?
你要去找他对不对?
I had to.
这是必须的
It's a beautiful day, isn't it?
今天真是好天啊 是不是啊Danny?
Let's all take a short break, shall we?
我们休息一下吧
Everybody get some sunshine.
大家都去晒晒太阳
Counselor... in chambers.
法律顾问来我房♥间
Not you, Mr. Richards.
Richard先生你不用进来
Have some birthday cake?
吃点生日蛋糕?
No, thank you, your honor.
不用了 谢谢您法官大人
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
It's not mine. Court reporter.
不是我的生日 是法庭书♥记♥的
So...
嗯...
I'm biased against African-Americans?
我对黑人有偏见哈?
Your honor, we looked at five years... Who's that?
法官大人 我们看过五年的... 那是谁
President Obama,
奥巴马总统
Senator Burris...
Burris议员
I don't think I need to take lessons.
我觉得我不需要听你说教 女士
I didn't think I was teaching you...
我认为我没有试图去教你任何...
What was your husband's record on racial issues?
你丈夫是如何对待种族事件的?
Before the prison?
在他进监狱之前?
Your honor, this isn't about him.
法官大人 这不关我丈夫的事
- You're right it's not. It's about me.
没错 这关我的事
You sentenced Terrence Ramsay... Do not interrupt me!
你对Terrence Ramsay判刑过于严重 别打断我!
Who are you?
你♥他♥妈♥的是谁呀?
I'm a lawyer in your court, sir.
我是你法庭上的一个律师 先生
I'm a lawyer who filed a motion to... Did you...
我曾向法庭提议...
consider the education of the defendant
在你的长篇大论里
in your little statistical jeremiad?
你考虑过被告的教育背景么?
Did you consider family structure, community services, quality of representation?
你考虑过家庭背景 社区服务还有表达能力么?
No.
没有
You went right to race?
你就认定是种族问题 对吧?
My motion didn't single you out, sir.
我的提议不是单独针对你 先生
And how clever was that?
那多聪明啊?
Nice one. Warning shot.
很漂亮 警告我
Send Mr. Ramsay home or else.
让Ramsay回家或是别的
That's not what I was trying to do.
这不是我目的
I was trying to point out a pattern that you might not be aware of.
我在试着指出你或许没意识到的一种行为
Look, here's the thing:
听着 是这样的
I don't respond well to being threatened,
我不鸟什么威胁
Mrs. Florrick,
Florrick女士
so why don't you withdraw this motion before it becomes a part of the record?
你何不在提议被记录在案之前撤销它呢?
Withdraw it.
撤销它
Are we understood?
明白么?
We're understood.
明白
All your cell phones. Come on, let's go.
你们的手♥机♥ 快点
I didn't even know Alicia had a case before you.
我都不知道Alicia有个你负责的案子
Pretty sure she doesn't anymore.
以后肯定不会再有了
Guess he's back already for another lesson.
啊...估计他又回来被虐喽
How's his honor today?
今天法官当的怎么样?
His honor's getting ready to skywalk your ass.
法官准备好让你屁♥股♥挨揍啦
How they treating you in kiddie court?
在儿童法庭上他们待你怎样?
They love me.
爱死我了
There you go, judge.
给你 法官
So how long's she been at the firm?
她在公♥司♥里多长时间了?
A few months.
几个月
What's the case?
办些什么案子?
Run of the mill.
小案子
Of course, she treated it like a matter for the supreme court...
当然 她是当最高法庭的案件对待的
Precedents from death row appeals,
死囚上诉的先例
Constitutional references on every page.
每一页都引用了宪法
You know, rookie mistakes.
你知道的 新手会犯错的
Her heart's in the right place. She'll get there.
她心用在正道上 会成功的
Her heart's in the right place?!
心用在正道上?
That used to be the quickest way to get fired from your firm.
那常常是被你们公♥司♥解雇的最快捷径啊
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表