Simple assault.
一般伤害罪
Six months' detention, three years' probation.
拘留6个月 缓刑3年
Two years' probation, no jail time.
缓刑2年 不用坐牢
You do know it's called bargaining, right? Why am I the only one making concessions?
你知道这是在谈判 对吧? 为什么只有我在让步?
I gave you an extra year on probation.
缓刑方面我让了一年
You're not giving me anything on detention.
拘留你可没有让步
Because my client doesn't deserve it... He's a 98-pound wallflower.
因为我的委托人不应得 他只是个98磅重的害羞小孩
Who clocked a classmate with an algebra textbook.
他用教科书砸同学
Because he was being bullied.
是因为他被欺负
19 stitches, a cracked eye socket.
缝19针 一只眼眶破裂
What's someone from Stern, Lockhart doing in juvenile court, anyway?
那这位少年犯和Stern Lockhart 公♥司♥有何关系呢?
God's work. One of our big clients; it's his housekeeper's son.
这是件大事 是我们大客户之一 这是他管家的儿子
Let him plead no contest; three years probation.
让他认罪不抗辩 三年缓刑
Come on. I make that deal, I'm looking for a job.
别这样 我要答应你就得丢饭碗了
No. You have the flexibility to go to zero or you would have made a call.
不 你有降低到零的弹性 否则你会打电♥话♥的
Your husband told you all our secrets?
是你丈夫告诉你我们所有秘密的?
Some.
有一些
Look, my client is a straight-a student. Never had a bad day before, never have a bad day again,
听着 我的委托人是个老实学生 过去没有犯错 也不会再犯的
unless you incarcerate him.
除非你监禁他
One year probation, 200 hours community service,
缓刑1年 200小时的社区劳役
and he takes responsibility in open court.
而且他要在公开法庭上承担责任
No "bully did this, I did that".
不是 "因为被欺负 所以才这么做"
Thank you.
谢谢
Go and sin no more.
"去吧 从此以后不要再犯罪了" (引自约翰福音第8章1-11节)
We've been watching you.
我们一直在关注你
Now, that sounds sinister.
听起来有点阴险
I know how you hate praise, Diane.
Diane 我知道你讨厌称赞
So please, forgive us.
所以请原谅我们
What you have done for women, through example, encouragement and perseverance,
通过树立榜样 激励人心和坚持不懈 你为女性所做的
is truly unparalleled.
是空前绝后的
Your work on Emily's list, your mentoring of young lawyers,
你在Emily's List的工作 你对青年律师的指导
your shattering of the glass ceiling...
你打破职场限制...
I have a feeling we're coming to a very significant "but".
我有预感我们接下来会说到 一个意义重大的"但是"
No, a small one.
不 没那么大
But you now have a hard decision to make.
但你现在要做出艰难决定
And that is? Diane...
那是? Diane...
We want you to be a judge.
我们希望你成为一名法官
不!
是的
We're here as representatives of the democratic ward and committee chairs,
我们代表民♥主♥区委会主委
and we would like to slate you for the upcoming election.
想在即将举♥行♥的选举中推举你
I... I
我 我...
I'm startled. We need more women judges,
我很吃惊
Diane. We need better judges.
Diane 我们需要更多女法官 我们需要更好的法官
Right now we have two lifeguards for every swimmer...
现在我们有两个"游泳救生员"
Two judges who understand the law for everyone who doesn't...
两名为不懂法的大众诠释法律的法官
And we need to maintain that ratio.
我们需要保持那个比例
Well, I hope I'm a lifeguard.
好吧 我希望我是那个救生员
That's the reason we're here.
那就是我们来这的原因
And my firm?
那我的事务所呢?
You'll have to divest, of course.
当然你必须有所放弃
We don't do the smoke-filled rooms anymore, but we do manage the primary ballot.
Diane 我们就不拐弯抹角了 我们掌握基本投票数目
So if you agree, you'll be the only woman slated, and thus, a shoo-in.
所以如果你同意 你将会是唯一候选女性 而且 会十拿九稳
That's how I became chief justice.
我就是这样成为首席大♥法♥官的
But it means leaving all this behind.
但这意味着要抛开一切
I
我 ...
don't know what to say.
不知道该说什么
Say yes.
说同意就行
Can I take a few days?
能给我几天时间考虑一下吗?
You can take a week.
你有一星期的时间
You've done well, Diane.
Diane 你非常出色
Claim your prize.
来领赏吧
You want Terrence to plead guilty?
你想Terrence认罪?
I want him to go home... the plea is just a formality, Thalia,
我想他回家 辩护只是一种形式 Thalia 仅此而已
that's all. And it's just a minor misdemeanor.
而且这只是轻微轻罪
But he'll have a criminal record.
但他会有犯罪记录
That will be expunged - When his probation's finished.
缓刑完成记录就会被删除
He's not a criminal.
可他不是罪犯
I know.
我知道
What do you think, Terrence? I don't know.
Terrence 你认为呢? 我不知道
Do you think you could go in front of a judge, tell him what you did and apologize for it?
你认为你能在法官面前 告诉他你所作所为并为之道歉吗
I guess.
我想可以
I am sorry.
我很抱歉
I know.
我明白
Hey, mom, pick up the phone. Hey, mom, pick up the phone.
妈妈 接电♥话♥ 妈妈 接电♥话♥
It's my daughter. I'll just be a minute.
是我女儿 一会就好
Hi. Is everything okay?
嗨 Grace 一切还好吧?
Yeah, everything's good.
嗯 一切都很好
Can Shannon come over today?
那么 今天Shannon能来家里吗
Who's Shannon?. She's a girl in my class.
谁是Shannon? 她是我班上的女生
How old are you? 13.
你多大? 13岁
She's 13, too.
她也13岁
My mom said I can go.
我妈妈说我可以去
Her mom says it's okay.
她妈妈同意
Is it all right with Jackie? Yeah, she said
Jackie同意吗? 嗯 她说没事
it's fine. She just wanted me to ask you first.
她只是希望我先问一下你
Okay, then... just help grandma with any cleanup.
好吧 那么...要帮奶奶打扫卫生
Yeah.
好的
Guess what, mom?
妈妈 猜怎么着? 什么?
What? Her dad's in prison, too.
他爸爸也在坐牢
I'll see you tonight.
晚上见
Six months' probation, a hundred hours' community service.
缓刑6个月 100小时社区服务
You're lucky it's Christmastime, Mr. Thompson.
Thompson 你真幸运 现在是圣诞时节
Defecate again in your neighbor's closet, I won't be so jolly.
如果你再在邻居壁橱里大便 我就不会通融了
And who's our next contestant, Danny?
Danny 下一个被告人是谁?
Terrence Ramsay, your honor.
法官大人 Terrence Ramsay
Young master - Terrence Ramsay.
少年Terrence Ramsay
Where are his glasses? Where's your counselor, young man?
不 能给我用下吗? 小伙子 你的律师呢?
Here, your honor.
法官大人 在这里
Good! Shall we all gather around the campfire here, counselor?
很好! 我们可以开始了吗 律师?
I understand you've reached a plea agreement, Mr. Richardson?
Richardson先生 你们已经达成辩诉协议吧?
Yes, your honor. Mr. Ramsay has agreed to plead guilty to simple assault.
是的 法官大人 Ramsay先生已经 承认犯下一般伤害罪
Is that correct?
Ramsay先生 是这样的吗?
You're ready to plead guilty?
你准备认罪了吗?
Yes, sir. Mr. Ramsay,
是的 法官大人
you understand that you have the right...
Ramsay先生 你知道你有权利...
Is there a problem, counselor? No, your honor.
有问题吗 律师?
Does Mr. Ramsay need his glasses to see me?
没有 法官大人 Ramsay需要戴眼镜才能看见我吗?
Ms...? Florrick, your honor.
...女士?
Well, we're in for a treat today, Danny?
很好 我们今天真幸运 对吧 Danny?
Some good old Florrick magic.
见识到Florrick老套的把戏
Why don't you take off those glasses and put them in your pocket.
小子 摘掉眼镜放在口袋里
To the charge of simple assault, how do you plead, Mr. Ramsay?
Ramsay先生 对于一般伤害罪的指控 你如何抗辩?
Guilty, your honor.
法官大人 我认罪
And in your own words, why don't you tell us what happened?
用你自己的话 告诉我们发生了什么?
At lunch, Reggie said he was gonna beat me up after school.
午餐时 Reggie说他要在放学后打我
He called me a little bitch.
他叫我小杂种
And he said he was gonna break my glasses.
他还说要打碎我的眼镜
He scared me, and I threw my book at him.
他恐吓我 所以我朝他扔了书本
And the state's recommendation?
控方的建议?
One year probation and 200 hours of community service.
缓刑1年 200小时的社区服务
You caused some serious injuries, Mr. Ramsay.
Ramsay先生 你造成了严重的伤害
Broken eye socket, stitches...
眼窝破裂 缝针...
The other child is recovering quite well, your honor.
法官大人 另一名儿童恢复的不错
Break a nose, and your punishment is picking up trash?
打破鼻子 对你的惩罚就是捡垃圾?
What's the lesson there? Your honor, I would like to say...
你得到什么教训? 法官大人 我只想说...
The agreement that you have,
你们达成的协议
Mr. Ramsay, is between you and the government, and as such, I am not party to that agreement and can impose a harsher sentence.
Ramsay先生 那是你和政♥府♥间的协议 而我本不是协议方 我可以加强惩罚度
Do you understand that?
你明白吗?
Mr. Ramsay
Ramsay先生...
I am sentencing you to nine months' detention.
我判处你9个月的拘留
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表