but it appears we have a conflict of interest... you.
但看起来我们有利益冲突 就是你
Anyway, glad to meet you.
无论如何 很高兴见到你
Peter always said he was a lucky guy. Now I see why.
Peter总是说他自己很幸运 我现在明白为什么了
Would you tell Peter something for me?
能向Peter转告一下吗?
Tell him I'm sorry.
告诉他我很抱歉
For?
为什么?
He'll know.
他明白我的意思
My great grand father Lucius Clay founded the Vindicator.
我的曾祖父Lucius Clay 创办了<维♥权♥者>杂♥志♥
In his first editorial he endorsed Abraham Lincoln.
他的第一篇社论中就支持林肯
In his last he railed against Prohibition.
最后一篇中反对了诉讼禁制令
The Trib and the Sun-Times may be bigger,
论♥坛♥报 太阳报确实规模更大
but they have to answer to corporate ownership. Dumbwaiters.
但他们要对股东负责 升降梯
Lucius set them up to shuttle in the booze.
Lucius装的 用来运送酒类
And so
所以我们很乐于承认
we gladly admit that we have committed this attack upon the blasphemous,
我们对这起袭击负责
who published this cartoon,
画这幅漫画的人亵渎了真♥主♥
to defend the honor of all Muslims and of Allah's beloved prophet.
为了维护所有穆♥斯♥林♥的荣耀 和安♥拉♥所深爱的先知
Peace be upon him.
祝愿他安息
Yes, I've seen this.
我们看过这个
How does it hurt us?
对我们有什么不利?
The plaintiff says it's no secret this group's been active in Chicago.
控方说这个组织在芝加哥很活跃 这是人尽皆知的
Six months earlier, they committed an identical bombing at a synagogue.
6个月前 他们在犹太教堂 制♥造♥了一次完全一样的袭击
And you had to know that cartoon might provoke them.
你们肯定知道这幅漫画会惹怒他们
My job is to provoke.
我的工作就是引发争议
Because it sells papers?
因为可以提高销量?
Because freedom of the press is meaningless unless somebody actually uses it.
因为不这样做新闻自♥由♥就是扯淡
I'm not trying to be insensitive.
我不是冷漠无情
Jeff Sanborn was a very good friend.
Jeff Sanborn和我关系很好
We came up together.
我们一起成长
The problem, is their argument is,
但问题是 Clay先生 控方的论点是
you did it to increase circulation.
你这样做是为了提高销量
It's not like I commissioned this cartoon, hoping
又不是我让他画这幅漫画
it was going to anger Muslims.
希望能激起民族争端
We had an online contest...
我们举办了一个线上竞赛
best political cartoon, any subject.
最好的政♥治♥漫画 任何题材
And you picked the cartoon?
你挑选的作品?
In consultation with my editors.
和我的编辑们一起商量的
Jeffrey Sanborn, too?
Jeffrey Sanborn也参与了?
Sure, of course.
当然
Even if Stern can show he intended this to happen,
即便Stern可以证明他是故意为之
Sanborn was negligent.
Sanborn也犯有共同过失
Might not be a total win, it's enough to get us back to the table.
这还不足以赢得案子 但起码是个谈判的砝码
We'll need something more than Mr. Clay's testimony to establish it.
除了Clay的证词我们还需要其他的东西
What about the cartoonist?
漫画作者?
It was an anonymous submission.
漫画是匿名提交的
I sent the money to a Paypal account.
稿费是线上支付的
Routed through a proxy. - There's no way to trace it.
通过代理 根本没法追踪
We'll see. I'll get Kalinda on it.
我们试试 让Kalinda查一下
Returning to the scene of the crime?
回到犯罪现场了?
You're not going to pout, are you? I hate when men pout.
要生气了? 我可不喜欢男人撅嘴
Go away.
你先去吧
Okay, let's inspect the level of coincidence here.
我们来看看这有多巧合
I haven't seen you since college.
我们毕业以后就再没见过了
We bump into each other here.
然后又在这碰到了
You ask me what I'm doing.
你问我最近忙什么
I talk about the Muhammad cartoon case,
我说了先知卡♥通♥案 不料第二天...
then the next day... lo and behold... you and your firm are suing my client.
你们事务所就出现了 起诉我的委托人
Cary, think about it.
Cary 想想看
If I let slip a piece of information like that to you,
要是我给你透露了这样一条讯息
you'd be on the phone to your boss before our second drink.
你都等不及和我喝第二杯 就会告诉你老板的
Ok
好吧
Your turn. What's going on at work?
那轮到你了 你最近在忙什么?
I'll play.
好啊 我陪你玩
Stern wants you.
Stern想挖你过去
Stern wants me?
想要我?
Last night you wanted me, now he wants me.
昨晚是你 今天是他
Lockhart, Gardner is going under.
Lockhart&Gardner事务所现在是江河日下
It's a hollowed-out shell.
现在就是一个空壳 203
Because he keeps taking our clients.
那是因为Stern一直在挖我们的客户
In one year, your firm
一年之内 你的公♥司♥
will be nothing but an empty floor in an office building.
除了一个空楼层外 将一无所有
Stern's got equity, plenty of business, and one more thing:
Stern事务所办事公正 有大量客户 还有一点
no contest.
没有竞争
That's right, your little contest with Mrs. Florrick.
没错 就是你和Florrick女士的竞争
You're losing.
你处于下风
I got more billable hours.
我得到更多的计时收费工作
And Florrick's got a name.
而Florrick得到了名誉
Stern is new.
Stern是新公♥司♥
There's a better path to partnership.
成为其合伙人更容易
Think about it.
考虑考虑吧
You won't be alone.
你不会独自一人的
I won't be alone?
不会独自一人?
In leaving Lockhart, Gardner.
在离开Lockhart&Gardner事务所这事上
You're raiding us?
你们在挖我们的角?
So where are we on getting me to church?
我去教堂的事进展如何了?
I'm filing a religious exception to electronic monitoring.
我正在向法庭申请电子监视的宗教豁免
It doesn't always work, but we'll hope.
不一定行 但我们希望有最好的结果
Maybe next Sunday.
或许下个礼拜搞定
I am getting a photographer.
那我就能拍到在教堂的照片
I don't care what the good pastor has to say.
我才不在乎牧师先生会说什么
Eli, we're not doing that.
Eli 别那样做
What is it? What's the mater?
怎么了? 有什么事?
It's probably nothing.
是...可能没什么
Childs is changing the direction with the retrial.
额 Childs要改变再审的方向
He's giving up the sex angle. What?
他要放弃性行为控告 什么?
That's all he's got. Is he changing the trial date?
他只能从这方面入手啊 再审日期也变了?
Two months away.
没有 还是两个月以后
I don't understand, then.
那我就不明白了
I am hearing chatter about a surprise witness.
我听到了流言 说有个神秘证人
So who can hurt you?
那谁能对你不利?
If they're going to lie, anybody can hurt me.
如果他们撒谎的话 那任何人都能对我不利
Maybe Childs is trying to quietly make this disappear.
或许Childs是想悄悄地让这件事不了了之
I doubt it.
鬼信啊
Hey, hon.
嘿 亲爱的
Gerald Kozko was at my office today.
Gerald Kozko今天来我办公室了
&He wanted me to tell you something.
他让我给你带话
He said, "Tell Peter I'm sorry".
他说"告诉Peter我很抱歉"
Damn.
该死的
Kozko and Childs hate each other.
不 Kozko和Childs互不待见
No way he's going to grant immunity.
他不会让他获得豁免权的
He would if it's the only way to get Peter.
如果这是扳倒你的唯一办法 他会的
We need...
我们需要...
You're standing in my kitchen.
你现在站在我的厨房♥里
Whatever you have to say, you can say it in front of me.
不管你要说什么 都可以当着我的面说
You heard her.
你听到了
Did your husband have a close relationship with his employer?
Sanborn夫人 你丈夫和他老板关系很铁吗?
Mr. Clay? Until recently.
和Clay先生 是的 直到最近
It had become strained... their friendship.
他们的关系 变得紧张了
And why was that? Objection. Beyond the scope.
那是为什么呢? 反对 超出询问范围
I really think we're safe here. Don't you?
我真的认为这没什么 不是吗?
You may answer.
你可以回答 Sanborn女士
The paper was in financial trouble.
报社遭遇财政困难
They had to lay off a lot of staff.
他们不得不裁掉大量员工
The stress took its toll. Jeff was also frustrated
压力造成了损失
Something controversial.
在某些事上意见分歧
Something that would increase readership.
能增加读者人数的事
Mrs. Sanborn, did your husband help
Sanborn夫人 你丈夫帮Clay先生
It was a contest, and he helped Mr. Clay judge it.
是的 那是个竞赛 他帮助Clay先生进行了评估
But the cartoon that appeared was different.
但最后出版了不同的漫画 对吗?
Wasn't it? Yes. I saw the original. It didn't depict Muhammad.
是的 我看过原版的 没有先知
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表