9mm auto-shot 6.
9毫米自动6连发
They have a hair trigger.
不再生产了 因为它们一触即发
A slight pressure fires the mechanism.
一点点的压力都能扣动扳机
An accidental firing?
意外走火?
But not the one that you'd expect.
是的 但不是你想象的那种
The prosecution was correct. The shot came from three feet away.
检方是对的 枪击在三英尺之外
The weapon was in the drawer of your client's bureau.
枪♥支♥就在你们委托人书桌的抽屉里
Heather was a thief, and when Bianca was in the bathroom,
Heather是个贼 Bianca当时在卫生间
Heather checked the drawer for valuables, money.
Heather翻抽屉找值钱的 现金
My God.
我的天哪
She checked the drawer with the weapon reached in to take it, and...
她在抽屉里找到枪♥支♥... 拿起来...然后...
You're kidding.
你开玩笑吧
The shot was fired from three feet away, but vertically, not horizontally.
枪击是在三英尺之外 是垂直方向的 而不是水平方向的
And it was accidentally fired by Heather.
还是Heather意外开火的
There's no service.
这里没有信♥号♥♥的
And once it was fired, the gun fell to the floor.
开火之后 枪就掉到了地上
There was no blood or gunshot residue below the impact. I didn't see it.
中枪处下方没有血迹或残留物 这就是为什么我看不到
He took his jacket. That's right.
他拿走了他的外套 是的
Mr. Mundy took his leather jacket from the floor, and that had the blood and the GSR on it.
Mundy先生从地上捡起了他的皮夹克 上面还有血迹和残留物
You'll testify to this?
你会为此作证吧?
Of course. Usual fee.
当然了 正常收费
The problem is, it's not a good story.
问题是 这不是个好故事
It's just a freak accident. There are no villains.
只是个可怕的意外 没有坏人
But if it's true... But it doesn't sound true.
但是如果它是真实的... 但是它听起来不太真实
The prosecution's story sounds like the truth... there's a villain: Bianca, there's a motive: jealousy.
控方的故事听起来像是真的 有个坏人"Bianca" 有动机"嫉妒"
This story just says there's no rhyme or reason. - Everything's random.
我们这故事没有任何原因 完全是偶然的
We're not trying to teach a lesson. Just win a verdict.
我们不是要去上课 我们只要赢下官司
There's another problem. We've already set our story that Josh did it.
还有个问题 我们已经 把我们的故事设定为是Josh干的了
Even our own ballistics expert supported that.
即使是我们自己的弹道专家也支持这点
We'd have to contradict our own ballistics expert.
是的 我们得推♥翻♥我们自己的弹道专家
There's an another way to settle this: ask the client.
还有另一个办法解决这个 问委托人
That's what happened?
那就是实际发生的情况?
That's what our ballistics expert said happened.
我们的弹道专家这么解释的
I don't know. Do we put this new evidence on the stand
我不知道 我们要提交这新证据吗?
or not? Which is smarter? That's up for discussion.
哪个更好? 这就是要讨论的了
Our worry is we tried one defense with the jury, now if we try another, we might do two things:
我们担心我们向陪审团尝试了一种辩护 如果再尝试另一种 可能会有两个问题
undercut our credibility and hurt our chances if the jury was believing our first defense, that Josh did it.
降低我们信誉度 如果陪审团采纳 Josh干的那个辩护 还会减小我们成功率
What should I do?
那我应该怎么办?
You go with the truth.
你只管事实
The truth has the advantage of being true, and on some level, the truth is always more believable.
事实有其真实的优势 某种程度上 事实总是更令人可信
Then that's what we go with, the truth.
那么就这么办了 跟定事实
And you believe the gunshot was self-inflicted?
你确信枪击是自己造成的?
I don't believe. The science points there.
我不是确信 科学分♥析♥是这样的
The gunshot was accidentally self-inflicted.
枪击是受害人自己意外造成
Thank you, Mr. McVeigh. No problem.
谢谢你 McVeigh先生 没问题
As you said, Mr. McVeigh, you originally didn't want to testify in this case?
正如你所说的 McVeigh先生 你本来不想为此案作证?
Yes. I thought Miss Price was guilty.
是的 我本认为Price小姐是有罪的
Right.
好的
Then two days ago you had an epiphany?
然后两天前你就顿悟了?
If by epiphany you mean a new piece of evidence...
如果你说的顿悟就是一条新的证据
this jacket with bloodstain and GSR... then yes, - I did have that.
有血迹和残留物的外套 那么是的 我确实顿悟了
A change of heart?
改变主意了?
Not my choice of words, but I won't object to 'em.
我不会这么说 但是我不反对你的说法
You're staying at the Westin while you testify in another case?
你为另一个案子作证时住在威斯汀酒店?
Yes
是的
This is a hotel where many prosecutors house their witnesses?
那是公诉人给证人安排的住所?
Yes, I believe that's true.
我想是的
It's a hotel where several prosecutors observed you meeting with alawyer.
就在那里 许多公诉人见到你跟一位律师在一起
Is that a question?
这算个问题吗?
Here's the question: Two nights ago before you magically changed your mind about this case,
不算 但这个算 两天前 就在你 奇迹般地改变对这案子的看法时
did you have dinner with a partner from the law firm, Stern, Lockhart & Gardner?
你是否跟一位SLG律师事务所 的律师共进晚餐?
Objection!
是的 反对!
The question's been answered.
证人已经作答了 Gardner先生
I'm sorry, but it was answered too quickly.
是的 法官大人 很抱歉 他答得太快了
Well let me overrule just as quickly.
那我也同样迅速地宣布反对无效
And after this dinner, the partner in question, Diane Lockhart, joined you in your hotel room?
这一餐之后 我问到的合伙人 Diane Lockhart是否去了你房♥间
Yes
是的
Did you have sexual relations?
你们发生性关系了吗?
Objection, Your Honor! How is this relevant?
反对 法官大人 这跟案情无关
I would imagine that Mr. Brody would say that the witness's testimony was bought these alleged sexual relations,
我可以想到 Brody先生会指证 证人的证词由性♥交♥易得来
isn't that correct, Mr. Brody? - It is, Your Honor.
是这样吗 Brody先生? 是的 法官大人
Mr. Brody, I will sustain Mr. Gardner's objections,
那么 Brody先生 我会判Gardner先生反对有效
but I don't think you'll mind much because you just threw a stink bomb into the lap of the jury,
但我觉得你不会介意的 因为你 之前在陪审团内掀起了轩然大♥波♥
and now you're running for cover.
现在你只是想转移话题
Your Honor, this is an instance...
法官大人 我只是建议...
And, Mr. Gardner, yes, I see the outrage on your face,
另外 Gardner先生 没错 我能看到你脸上的愤怒
which I might be more moved by if you hadn't done the exact same thing with Detective Burton's testimony.
如果你没有在Burton侦探作证时 耍出同样的手段 我可能会更信服
Excuse me, Your Honor... Please, Your Honor...
法官大人 恕我直言... 法官大人 请...
This one we're calling a draw, gentlemen.
不 我们不要再谈这些了 先生们
You have both been playing fast and loose with implications, not facts,
你们都在漫不经心的耍把戏 而忽略了事实
so we're gonna try and let justice take care of itself.
现在我们要试着让事实说话
You have any more questions, Mr. Brody?
还有问题吗 Brody先生?
No, Your Honor, but we do request a limiting instruction.
没有了 法官大人 但我们申请限制令
Members of the jury, in weighing Mr. McVeigh's testimony,
陪审团成员 在评估McVeigh先生的证词时
you may consider ,any potential bias in assessing the weight you want to give to what he had to say.
你们可以考虑任何你们认为 证人可能存有的行为偏误
You know, I think it's almost medieval.
知道吗 我觉得简直像回到中世纪
They toss us in here, they lock the door, they throw a contradictory evidences at us,
他们把我们扔在这儿 锁上房♥门 留给我们一堆互相矛盾的证据
and then they expect us to come up with a fair decision.
还指望我们做出公正的裁决
Come on.
别扯了
Shall we take another vote?
那...我们再表决一轮?
I am finished with this conversation. You're in my office.
我不想谈这个了 你在我办公室里
You don't have the courtesy... You don't understand what you did to this firm.
你真是无理取闹... 你不知道你对公♥司♥刚做了什么
I'm getting out.
好了 我要走了
Did it occur to you to tell me?
你都没想过跟我报备一下?
No, it didn't. I was under the mistaken impression that it was my life.
没想过 我错在当时以为这是我的私事
It's your life when it doesn't impact our clients.
对客户没有影响时 这是你的私事
It didn't impact our clients.
对客户没有影响
Diane, the jury ate it up.
Diane 陪审团受到影响了
It was sex. It wasn't GSR, or ballistics, - it was sex.
那是性♥爱♥ 不是测谎结果 不是弹道学 是性♥爱♥
I'm going home.
我要回家了 只要你告诉我了
If you had just told me or given me a sign!
只要你曾经给过我点提示!
Come on. Come on.
行了 行了
Don't be a hypocrite.
别装蒜了
A hypocrite? How am I a hypocrite?
装蒜? 我哪里装蒜了?
Alicia.
Alicia
That's supposed to what, make me quake, - make me humble?
你想干嘛 吓唬我 让我心虚?
Make you honest. There's nothing going on with Alicia.
我想让你说实话 我跟Alicia什么都没有
That's not true. It is true.
说谎 我没有
Will... I have two eyes.
Will... 我不是瞎子
Then use them.
那你就自己看
Watch me. Watch us.
看着我 看着我们
There's nothing going on with Alicia.
我跟Alicia没什么
Turn out the lights.
走时关灯
Prosecution's come in with a last-minute offer:
检方开出了最后的条件
second-degree murder, ten years.
二级谋杀 10年监禁
We don't have a lot of time. When the verdict comes in, the offer goes away.
我们没太多时间 一旦裁决下来 这条件就无效了
You'd be 34 years old, baby.
你出狱时是34岁 宝贝
You'd still... you'd still have a life.
你还...你还能好好生活
But if they find you guilty... 45 years, no parole.
如果他们判你有罪... 45年监禁 不得保释
2055. What do you think?
2055年 那时我就... 你怎么想?
I think you didn't do it... and the jury will see that.
我觉得你是清白的... 陪审团会知道的
Really? You only need one juror.
真的? 只要有一个陪审员站在你这边
Yes, but if you're wrong, you'll go back to work, and I watch my daught...
但如果你判断失误 你回去上班 我得看着我的女儿...
My God, I can't do this.
哦 天哪 我做不到
I know.
我知道
Can you give us a minute?
能让我们单独待会儿吗?
Listen, listen, they were just arguing the opposite!
听着 他们只是在不断反对!
Which they're allowed to they're the defense.
这理所应当 他们是辩方
But two ballistic experts, one saying one thing, the other saying...
但两个弹道专家的观点南辕北辙
They're the defense. The whole point is to poke holes - in the prosecution's case.
他们是辩方 他们只要指出控方的漏洞即可
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表