to rescind his policy entirely.
国安人寿公♥司♥有权 与其完全解除合约
Your Honor, this is not a buffet.
法官大人 这又不是吃自助餐
Ms. Nyholm can't pick one attack and then failing that,
Nyholm女士不能随便找一个辩护点
try another.
失败了以后再换一个
Your Honor, I would argue that
法官大人 我认为
this goes to the heart of contract law.
这涉及到合同法中至关重要的内容
Even if you are prone to rule in the plaintiffs' favor,
即使您有心判原告胜诉
at the minimum,
但至少前提是
you should hear whether there's a legal contract to begin with.
你要看看是否有合法合同存在
Your Honor, I want to remind you that
法官大人 我必须提醒您
we are racing against a ticking clock.
我们现在是在跟时间赛跑
Ms. Nyholm is counting on this surgery being irrelevant
Nyholm女士在请求您的决定同时
by the time you decide.
根本没有考虑这个手术的紧急性
Mr. Gardner, urgency is not its own rationale.
Gardner先生 紧急也不能说明一切
A just decision cannot, will not be rushed.
公正的决定不会也不能被催促
You still have two days for the surgery.
你还有两天时间能手术
Ms. Nyholm, prepare your witnesses
Nyholm女士 准备好证人和证词
and your exhibits, and I will hear on this matter tomorrow.
我们明天继续开庭
You understand what you're doing here, Patti?
你知不知道自己在做什么Patti?
You take away their coverage altogether,
你剥夺了他们所有的保险内容
that baby gets no surgery at all.
那孩子根本不可能手术了
That's on you, Will.
那都怪你 Will
You have another option.
我给过你选择的
Drop the class action.
你大可以撤消集体诉讼的
I wanna speak to you today about the path, God's path.
上帝指引你前方的道路
Jesus said, "I am the way,
主说 我就是光明大道
the truth and the life"
真理和人生
when we walk with him,
我们与之同行
our souls are right with him.
灵魂同在
I never realized you rehearsed these sermons.
我还从来不知道你要排练布道呢
Thought they just came down from the Holy Spirit,
还以为你们都能出口成章
like a dove.
犹如神鸽降临呢
Hello, Mr. Gold.
你好 Gold先生
Reverend Isaiah.
Isaiah教士
I believe I've been crimping your style.
我们俩一直不太对盘
Peter did wrong. He apologized to his constituents.
Peter是做错了
He would now like to apologize to his God.
他现在希望对上帝忏悔
And I approve.
这我已经批准了
No, sir. Reverend,
不 教士先生
you're doing more than approving.
你现在不止批准了他这么做
You're trying to take advantage of a man who's feeling raw
你因为他犯了见不得人的错误
about his mistakes.
而在企图利用他
I love that word, "mistakes."
我喜欢你用"错误"这个词
Sleeping with a prostitute is just like
招♥妓♥就像是
a dropped zero on a tax form.
在税单上漏填一个零
You're young, sir.
你还年轻 小伙子
Youth tends to see things in black and white.
年轻人总是喜欢那么是非分明
Things are black and white.
事实不正是如此吗?
Let's put things into black and white for you, then.
那我就干脆跟你挑明了
Four point two grams of crack cocaine,
关于你故意未申报的那
you were just short of intent to distribute.
4.2克强效纯可♥卡♥因♥
And you want to what?
你想怎么样?
Tell my congregation?
向教会举报我?
Shock them?
雷死他们?
You're gonna have to look for new.
那恐怕你要再另辟蹊径了
I could give you my license plate number.
要不要我把车牌号♥码报给你
Reverend, Peter could make a difference...
教士 Peter有能力改变...
in people's lives.
很多人的一生
He needs to make a difference in his life first.
那他必须先改变自己的
He has.
他已经在改了
No, He don't
不 他没有
I have to go.
我要走了
I've enjoyed this.
很高兴和你谈话
Let's stay in touch.
保持联络
Mr. Willoughby,
Willoughby先生 国安人寿公♥司♥认为
Life State is saying that this question wasn't answered accurately.
你回答这个问题时有所保留
Can you see that? Yes.
你能看到吗?
including but not limited to chest pain,
包括但不限于胸痛
heart murmur, palpitations, phlebitis.
心杂音 心悸 静脉炎
Do you know what that is? I don't.
你知道这些病症都指什么吗?
Mrs. Florrick.
Florrick女士
Sustained.
反对有效
Mr. Willoughby, why didn't you check box number two?
Willoughby先生 你为什么没有在第二个框里打钩?
Because it says "circulatory disorders/problems."
因为问题上写着血循环障碍
The doctor said the heart palpitations were nothing to worry about.
而医生说心悸没什么好担心的
They weren't a problem.
不算毛病
So, I just thought I was being accurate.
所以我觉得我算是如实回答了
Thank you.
谢谢
Let's chalk question two up to a misunderstanding.
就当证人对第二个问题的作答 是出于误解好了
But if someone outright
但如果一个人在关乎健康的
lied on an application regarding a relevant
申请表明显作假
health issue, that would be grounds for voiding their policy, correct?
他索偿权可以被废除 对吗?
Yes
是的
But I didn't.
但我没作假
Question 10.
第十题
During the past 12 months,
在过去12个月里
has any applicant smoked cigarettes,
任一申请人是否吸过香烟
pipes, cigars, or used chewing tobacco?
烟斗 雪茄 或嚼服烟草?
You answered no, correct?
你的回答是没有 对吗?
Correct.
是的
Yes, good.
那好
Last fall,
去年秋天
did you go on a fishing trip with a friend,
你是否跟一个名叫
with the lovely
Brent Boyle的朋友一起钓鱼?
name of Brent Boyle?
马上就有关了
Overruled.
反对无效
The witness may answer the question.
证人需作答
You did go on such a fishing trip?
嗯 你确实去钓了那么次鱼? 是的
Good.
很好
Here.
看这个
Here's you.
这是你
And...
还有...
Here.
这里
Looks like you're smoking a cigarette there.
看起来你是在抽烟吧
That was...
那...
it was only one.
只是那么一支
I've never been a regular smoker.
我从没染上过烟瘾
The question wasn't whether you were a regular smoker.
问卷不是问你有没有烟瘾
Yes, but I didn't think...
没错 但我没想到...
Your Honor, the question was simple.
法官大人 问题很清楚
Mr. Willoughby's answer was a lie.
Willoughby先生在问卷上说谎了
Laying aside my sympathy for the plaintiff,
姑且不论我对原告的同情
what this boils down to is a simple matter of contract law.
案件归结为一个简单的合同问题
Mr. Willoughby's material omission gives Life State
Willoughby先生的申请材料有假
the right to render this contract null and void.
国安人寿公♥司♥有权宣布合同无效
Plaintiff's motion is denied.
原告的申请被否决
Policy recision stands.
保险公♥司♥可以废除其索偿权
Your Honor, I would ask for an emergency motion to reconsider.
法官大人 我申请法庭重新审理
Sending Kate Willoughby home without this surgery
不许Kate Willoughby接受手术
is a death sentence for her child.
无异于判决她的孩子死刑
I'm following the law, Mr. Gardner.
我得依法裁决 Gardner先生
Not agreeing with it.
不能随心所欲
Motion to reconsider denied.
重新审理的申请被否决了
Okay, let's make a deal.
好吧 我们来谈谈交易
You just lost at craps, Will.
你赌输了喔 Will
You don't make a deal with the croupier;
你没资格来跟庄家谈交易
you just go home.
灰溜溜地回家就好了嘛
If I were you, Patti,
如果我是你 Patti
I'd still want to be certain.
我还是会想确保万无一失
Oh, come on.
别这样啦
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表