How do you even know that?
你怎么知道的?
Would you believe me If I told you I was a track coach in a previous life?
如果说我以前是田径教练 信不?
No. Okay.
不信 算了
Okay, it's two minutes and we're...
好 现在过了2分钟 我们到...
Ass! Nice.
蠢蛋 很好
Nice.
很好
You oughta try it sometime. What, flipping someone off?
你有时候也可以试下 怎么朝别人竖中指?
It's good for your soul.
可以净化你灵魂
So, from kenny's house to spencer's... Just under five minutes.
所以从Kenny家到Spencer的家 只需要五分钟
It's pretty tight, but the prosecution's right It's doable.
时间很紧 但是控方没错 的确可行
In other words, the nurse's testimony will only go so far.
换句话说 那位护理的证词也只能到此
Yes
是的
Guess there's no chance the s.A. Will let us in without permission.
我猜未经允许 检察院也不会让我们进
I don't exactly have a good relationship with that department anymore.
我和那个部门关系也不怎么样
You come Within 100 feet of my son again, And I swear, I'll sue you, The chathams, and your entire firm.
你走进离我儿子100尺内 我发誓 我肯定会告你 chathams一家 还有你公♥司♥
Spencer's got nothing to do with this and how dare you Intimidate him into giving false information.
Spencer与这事毫无关系 你怎么敢威胁他让他做伪证
There was never any permission given to enter, There was never any pot and he is never going to testify!
我是不会允许你进来 也没什么好说的 他不会上庭做证的!
I had the plea in my hand.
我知道怎么辩护
And I had no idea you went to the state's attorney.
我真不知道你跑去找地方检察官
I told you what the plan was.
我跟你说过我的计划
But I never agreed to it, cary, And we never presented it... I cleared it through diane.
但我没同意 Cary我们从没提过 我得到Diane同意了
All right?
好吧?
And now we've got nothing. No,
现在我们一无所获
we have an eyewitness who'll testify that at 11:19 - She saw... - A figure from a distance.
不 有目击证人证明在11点19 她看到 远处的一个身影
And the asa has an eyewitness who will positively identify kenny as theiller.
而控方律师有证人明确指认Kenny为凶手
We don't have a case.
我们不占上风
And they don't have conclusive physical evidence.
但他们也没有确实的物证
I gotta go. I gotta prep for court.
我要走了 我要为上庭做下准备
You realize cary's never been to trial before.
你要知道Gary从没上过庭
How is that even possible?
这怎么可能?
Easy. By pleading out every court case that comes your way.
很简单 把你辩护的每件案子都过一遍
This is a pre-trial hearing.
这次是预审听证会
Which is another way of saying both sides should come to an agreement Before we go any farther.
就是说在开庭前双方可达成一致
I guess my parents aren't coming.
我猜我爸妈他们不会来了
But since you haven't yet Be advised there is no jury in this proceeding, there's just me.
但鉴于你们并没达成共识 所以这个过程就没有陪审团 只有我
And my determination as to whether or not there's enough probable cause
我来决定是否有足够可能原因
To hold this defendant for a long, expensive trial.
来让押被告进行长时间并昂贵的审判
They're probably on their way.
他们也许在路上了
And because this is all about me, I get to ask questions, too.
因为决定权在我手上 所以我也要问些问题
Particularly if our esteemed attorneys don't ask the right ones.
尤其是如果我们尊敬的检察官 问得不对时
Ms. Raines, you're up.
Raines女士 你开始
At 11:24 p.M., Brian was pulled over for speeding, Approximately four blocks from the rankin house.
在晚上11点24分在离Rankin家大概 四个街区处抓到Brian超速行驶
And officer diaz, did brian give any statement At that time?
Diaz警官 Brian那时候有没给出 任何解释?
Yes, he did. He immediately confessed to having fled The scene of a burglary on belson street.
有他说了 他马上承认了 从Belson街一处盗窃现场逃走
So, in effect, he placed himself at the crime scene.
所以 事实上他置身于犯罪现场
Yes, and was arrested at that time.
是的 而且当时已经被捕
In your experience, do spontaneous Confessions such as this tend to be accurate?
依你的经验 这种自首的趋向 是准确无疑的吗?
Typically, the perpetrator won't have had enough time to concoct a story, So, yes. They usually are.
很典型 犯人没时间捏造 所以 是的 通常是真的
Nothing further.
我没问题了
Mr. Agos...
Agos先生
Officer diaz.
Diaz警官
Sorry, I need to refer back to my notes.
对不起 我要参阅下我的笔记
Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.
好 好 我知道 我知道
Sometime before I go gray, counsel.
我头发都等白了 律师
Officer diaz, Mr. Keller had this "spontaneous utterance", Did he mention that anyone had been killed?
Diaz警官当Keller先生"主动交代"时 他有没提到有人被杀?
Not until after we got to the station, no.
没有 直到我们到达现场前才说
So, when brian told you that Kenny chatham was responsible for the victim's death, He had had time to concoct a story.
所以当Brian告诉你Kenny Chatham要为 受害人的死负责时 他有时间去编段故事
Objection. Sustained.
反对 反对有效
If for no other reason than the use of pluperfect tense.
如果只是因为用了过去完成时
Nothing further.
没别的问题了
It gets easier as you go.
走出第一步后就会好些
My interests have never been in litigation.
我的兴趣从来就不在诉讼
Prosecution calls brian keller.
控方传叫Brian Keller
Brian, tell us what happened that night.
Brian告诉我们那晚发生了什么事
Kenny wanted to get high and he said he knew where he could get some weed.
Kenny想过过瘾 他说他知道 可以从哪搞点大♥麻♥
He never said anything about breaking in, which is why I was surprised when he asked me to help jam the window open.
他从没提过要私闯 所以 当他要我帮忙 破窗而入的时候我有点吃惊
I mean, I did it, but... I was kinda freaked out afterward. So I went downstairs.
我是说我做了 但我后来有点发疯了 所以我跑下了楼
And did what?
然后呢?
To wait for him so we could get the heck out of there.
等他 然后我们可以赶紧离开那
But then I saw the security guard.
但我看到保安
Did he see you?
他看到你了吗?
No, I hid behind a bush. Right in there.
没 我躲在草丛里 就在那
I know this is difficult, but could you tell the judge what you saw?
我知道这有点难 但是你能告诉法官你看到了什么?
I can't believe he could lie like this.
我不敢相信 他可以这样大言不惭
People do it all the time.
人都是这样
I saw the guard go up the stairs.
恩...我看到保安上楼了
Here?
这里?
Yeah and I guess he kinda surprised kenny because They kinda got into it,
是的 我猜他吓到Kenny了 他们打成一团
And kenny sorta shoved him, And the guard fell backwards.
kenny可以说是猛得一推 那个保安向后倒下
And he just... Just stopped moving.
然后他.. 一动不动了
Then kenny just took off.
Kenny匆匆离去
What's the matter? Nothing.
怎么了? 没事
Just manicured lawns.
刚修剪了草坪
So from where you were standing, You had a clear view of the crime.
所以从你所在的位置 可以很清楚得看到犯罪经过
Yes.
是的
No further questions.
没其他问题了
That's plenty for today.
今天到此为止
Court's adjourned till 9:00 tomorrow.
明早9点继续开庭
Heads up.
抬起头来
You guys want to go for a ride?
你们想不想出去溜达下?
Where to? I don't know. See some old friends?
哦 去哪? 我不知道 去看看老朋友?
Hey, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, okay?
嗨 我要走了 我迟点跟你说好吗?
Mom? Highland park?
妈妈? 去海兰帕?
Didn't think anyone was still here.
没想到还有人在这
Just prepping for court.
为上庭做准备
By reading case law?
读判例法?
You're better off atching experienced trial lawyers.
你最好观察下有精经验的律师
New kid on the block. I don't get much opportunity to shadow seniors.
是的 初来乍到 还没什么机会向长辈们学习
I have learned a lot by watching Alicia. She's got some serious skills.
虽然我通过观察Alicia学到不少 她肯定有些真功夫
We suspect it's a georgetown thing.
我们怀疑和乔治城有关
No doubt. No doubt.
很有可能 很有可能
Yeah, that's a long time to stay friends Since college and all.
自从大学以来一直保持着朋友关系
It's really commendable you championing her the way that you do.
所以的确值得赞扬 你用你自己的方式向她挑战
Yeah, know what's great about someone like alicia?
你知道像Alicia这样的人有何可取之处?
She's a natural.
她有天赋
She doesn't have to try so hard.
她不需要怎么努力
Have a good night.
晚安
Would you like a drink?
想喝一杯吗?
No, thanks.
不 谢了
Where are your kids? I dropped them at their friends.
你孩子呢? 我把他们丢到朋友那去了
They really miss it here. How bad?
他们真很想念这 多想念?
I noticed you two weren't in court today. I came by to give you an update.
我注意到你们俩今天没来 我过来通知下你们最新进展
Lauren couldn't handle it.
Lauren没办法接受
She's not like you. She's not that strong. She's asleep now.
她不像你 没那么坚强 她现在睡着了
Took a valium.
吃了片安定药
It must be hard on her. On both of you. To see your son like that.
看到儿子成这样 这对她来说肯定很难 对你俩都很难
But it's really important that at least one of you be there.
但你们至少要有一个在那 这点很重要
So, how did it go?
那进展如何?
To be honest, not great.
老实说 不太好
They have Kenny's fingerprints at the scene, nd someone who will testify that he pushed the guard.
现场有Kenny的指纹 还有人做证说他推了保安
You think he's guilty?
你认为他有罪吗?
Non
没
Do you?
你呢?
I don't know who he is anymore.
我都不知道他到底是谁了
Did you have a good time? Yeah, except I forgot how much of a whiner janna was.
你们玩的高兴吗? 是的 除了我忘了Janna多喜欢哀嚎
I didn't.
我没
Like your friends aren't geeks. Can we go home now?
好象你的朋友就不是怪胎似的 我们可以回家了吗?
I just have one more stop.
我还有一站
Tell me you're not taking us to the crime scene.
别告诉我 你要带我们去犯罪现场
Seriously?
真的?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表