Me? Well, whoever we put on the case.
送给我? 送给负责本案的律师 无论是谁
He's in Bora-Bora.
他人在波拉波拉岛
Thanks.
谢谢
How's it going?
进展的怎样?
Good.
挺好
We're going for a First Amendment defense.
我们打算用"第一修正案"来辩护
On a slip and fall?
辨滑倒案?
Religious freedom trumps liability.
信仰自♥由♥高于法定义务
Smart.
聪明
Maybe I'll sneak into court, see how it's going. How's the cochair?
也许我会潜入法庭观摩 联席律师怎样?
He's... interesting.
他很有趣
Interesting is good.
有趣不错
He was saying some things.
他说了些事情
Yeah? What?
是嘛 什么?
Nothing. Another time.
没什么 下回说
Look, here's my take on it.
跟你说 我是这样想的
We're too low on the totem pole to get fired because we don't cost enough.
我们在图腾柱的位置太低不会被解雇 因为我们薪水不高
The problem is these older people.
有麻烦的是那些"老人"
I don't mean that in a generational sense.
我不是指年纪
I just mean, you know,
是说那些待这里比我们久的人
the ones who have been here longer.
而且薪水太高
Cary, have you ever heard of a case here defending a toy company against lead poisoning?
Cary 你听说过我们代理一家 玩具公♥司♥办铅中毒的案子吗?
No. - Why, should we be on it?
没 怎么了 我们要接手吗?
No, no, it was two years ago. The kid died when we didn't settle.
不 是两年前 我们还没达成和解 孩子就死了
Two years ago? Why are we talking about something happened two years ago?
两年前? 干吗谈两年前的陈年旧事?
Hey. How's homework going?
作业怎样了?
Done.
做完了
What've you been up to?
你一直在忙什么?
Nothing. Homework.
没什么 就作业
Grandma left her wallet again.
奶奶又落钱包了
Can you put it by the door so she doesn't forget it next time?
放到门旁边省得她下次又忘了 好吗?
Sure.
当然
Shoymer is a purely volunteer policing force for the Hasidim.
Shurmia是保护犹太虔诚派的志愿警♥察♥组织
Mostly we deal with hate crimes.
我们一般处理仇恨犯罪
And you were the first responders on the scene?
你是第一个到达事发现场的人?
Yeah, right here. Lady was on her back, screaming.
是的 就这 女士仰躺在地上尖叫着
On her back? But she fell forward.
仰躺? 可她是往前摔倒的啊
Yeah, and then she rolled on her back.
是 然后她滚成仰卧了
There was a lot of broken glass in her groceries.
她的购物袋里有很多玻璃碎片
That camera seems to have a direct view.
那摄像头似乎正对着这
It was put in before the lady fell, but wasn't hooked up till after.
虽然是在女士摔倒前装的 但直到摔倒后才接通
It's unlucky, yeah?
噢...真是背 是不?
Just happened like that.
就这么不凑巧
You know with all the hate crimes
因为这里频发仇恨犯罪
around here, we have almost every square yard of this block covered by cameras.
这个街区的每平方码都装了监控
Can I ask a favor, Ezra?
能帮个忙吗 Ezra?
Could you stand here for a minute where down fell?
站在Dawn摔倒的地方一分钟好吗?
Sure.
好
Okay, hold up, hold up.
好了 别吵了
So, Mr. Alprin, let me get this straight.
Alprin先生 我们就直说吧
You intend to argue a slip and fall as a First Amendment issue?
一桩滑倒案 你要上升到"第一修正案"的高度?
Yes, Your Honor. This is ridiculous, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人 太荒谬了 法官大人
They can't even keep a straight face.
他们自己都忍♥不住不笑的
In Kolatch V. Harper, 1983, Your Honor,
1983年 Kolatch诉Harper案 法官大人
it was argued, the Constitution can't be segregated from peripheral areas of law.
辩论过不能把宪法和其他法律分离开
Kolatch V. Harper?
Kolatch诉Harper?
You can't just bring up some two-bit case from 1983
你不能举证1983年的一个二文不值的案子
It was my first one as a litigator.
我当诉讼律师时接的第一个案子
And as I remember it,
我记得 我输了
Your Honor, shouldn't a jury be allowed to decide?
法官大人 难道不该让陪审团来决定吗?
Yes, that's what I argued then.
是 当时我就这么辨的
Your Honor, this is about liability.
法官大人 这事关公民的法定义务
This is not about the Constitution.
不是关于宪法
Counselor, everything's about the Constitution.
原告律师 每个案子都和宪法有关
Life rarely gives you a chance to reverse a past regret.
人生很少会给你重来的机会
So, what the hell?
所以 管他呢?
Let's our jury decide.
就让陪审团来定夺吧
Step back.
请回步
Oh, and, Mr. Abbott, you may call your first witness.
Abbott先生 可以传唤你方第一位证人了
So, when you installed the wire a year ago, you warned the Loebs about maintenance?
一年前当你装电线时 警告过Loebs夫妇关于维护的事?
Yes, I did.
是 我说过
I always recommend that I be called once a month to maintain and inspect.
我一直建议每月来电一次 让我进行检查和维护
And how often did the Loebs phone you after you installed it?
那装好后Loebs夫妇多久致电一次?
Zero.
一次都没
Thank you, Mr. Knox. No more questions, Your Honor.
谢谢 Knox先生 提问完毕 法官大人
Mr. Alprin?
Alprin先生?
Good morning, Mr. Knox. Good morning.
早安 Knox先生 早安
Every time a customer phones you for maintenance, you make money, no?
顾客每次致电请你维护 都要缴费给你 对吗?
That's not why I ask them to.
那不是要他们致电的原因
You ask customers to phone you once a month not because your work is shoddy?
要顾客每月致电1次 不是因为你做的是豆♥腐♥渣♥? 不是
Because that'd mean you'd liable in this case if your work was shoddy.
如果你做豆♥腐♥渣♥工程 也要对这起案件负责
Objection. Sustained.
反对 有效
When was the last time you were sued for shoddy workmanship, Mr. Knox?
你上次因豆♥腐♥渣♥工程被起诉是何时 Knox先生?
I've never been sued.
呃 从没有过
And have you ever been served?
收过出庭作证的传票没?
I guess I might have.
我想也许收过吧
Isn't it true that the plaintiff tried to sue you - for the shoddy... - Objection.
本案原告曾试图控告你替Loeb家做豆♥腐♥渣♥ 反对
And it was until you agreed with a proverbial gun
直到你同意...发毒誓愿意
to your head to testify for the plaintiff... - Your Honor, objection!
帮原告作证... 法官大人 反对!
Mr. Abbott, the question hasn't been asked yet.
Abbott先生 还没有提问呢
Wasn't it only when you agreed to testify against the Loebs that the lovely Mr. Abbott over here agreed to drop the lawsuit against you?
是否你同意指证Loebs夫妇 可爱的Abbott先生才撤销对你的控告?
Go ahead, you can object now.
说吧 现在你可以反对了
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人 反对无效
Overruled. You're making this sound bad.
你说得真难听
Help me make it sound good.
那你可以帮我说得好听点
You did shoddy construction, connecting the eruv wire,
你装的教区线是豆♥腐♥渣♥工程
you got sued, and then you tried to blame the customer for...
被控告了 然后想归咎于顾客... 虚假陈述 反对!
Objection! Help me make that sound good.
来摆脱对自己的诉讼 帮我说得好听点
Your Honor, objection.
法官大人 反对
Withdrawn.
收回
Your witness.
提问完毕
Nice cross. Thanks.
交叉提问很棒 谢谢
Where did you go to school?
哪毕业的?
So we're getting intimate now?
现在我们变亲密了?
Yes, school talk. Very personal.
是 谈谈学校 非常私人化
Samford University.
桑佛德大学
Stanford, really?
斯坦福 真的?
No, Samford. Cumberland.
不是 坎伯兰的桑佛德大学
Ranked in the top 133 of law schools.
法学院在全国前133名之列
I make up in passion what I lack in law books.
法学院没学的我用激♥情♥来弥补
You're good.
你很棒
So, you can't use any machinery during the Sabbath, because God would disapprove?
你在安息日不能用任何机器 因为上帝不许?
Yes.
是的
So that's why you couldn't call about the eruv wire being down, because that would be operating machinery?
所以没有致电告知教区线掉了 因为那样就算动用了机器?
Yes. Okay. I think I get it.
是的 好 我想我懂了
What's he got? Mrs. Loeb, this is a record of your cell phone bill.
他拿的啥? Loeb夫人 这是你的手♥机♥帐单
If you could look at the underlined item there.
请看有下划线的那条
There's a phone call you made at 9:33 p.m.
晚上9:33你打了通电♥话♥ 哪天呢?
On what day? Would you read that?
能读出来吗?
September fourth?
九月四日?
Yes, what day was that? What day of the week?
是 那天是什么日子? 星期几?
Mrs. Loeb.
Loeb夫人
Friday.
星期五
That would be the Sabbath?
那就是安息日了?
You... made a phone call on the Sabbath?
你在安息日打了电♥话♥?
I... I'm...
我...我...
Yes.
是的
And this was a call to?
打给谁的呢?
To my father. We've been estranged, and I...
打给我父亲 我们一直很疏远 所以我...
And you called at night on your cell,
你晚上用手♥机♥打的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表