Alicia. we, we need you to... do something that we didn't expect.
Alicia 我们...需要要你做些 我们并不想让你做的事情
Will you testify?
你会去作证么?
Mrs. Florrick?
Florrick女士?
Sorry to keep you waiting. We had to move them.
抱歉让你久等了 我们必须转移他们
I put them in the jury holding room.
他们在陪审团休息室
And I'd do it again.
我以前送人进号♥子 送过很多人 事实上 我将来还会这么做
But I do wish that every prosecutor Had my experience of walking in a convict's shoes.
但我衷心希望每个检察官 都能从我的滑铁卢中吸取教训
Well, you must've seen the articles or heard the rumblings.
你一定看过那些文章或听说了一些流言
With crime rates up and disappointment in your successor rising, The voters seem to want you back.
犯罪率居高不下 继任者正丧失人心 选民们想让你重回政坛
Well, Russ, I'll always remember what my dad told me.
Russ 我一直记得我父亲的话
And he said, "if you're ever granted a second act in life, don't repeat the first one."
他说 如果你获得人生第二次机会 就不要重蹈覆辙
So as gratified as I am by all the talk, I think...
这次访谈让我很高兴 我想...
I think that's all it is: "Talk".
我想重点应是...谈话
So, then, what's next for Peter Florrick?
那么 Peter Florrick接下来要做什么 呢?
I've got to go into that courtroom in the next few weeks and win this appeal.
在接下来的几星期我要上庭 争取胜诉
That's not gonna be easy.
不会是手到擒来
I have a family. A wife who's been nothing short of amazing, Two kids...
我拥有家庭 一个了不起的妻子 两个孩子
strength through all of this.
坚强地挺过一切
I'm very proud of them.
我为他们感到非常骄傲
I promised to address the elephant in the room, and so I have to do that now.
我承诺过要勇敢面对 所以现在我不得不这样做
What drove you to seek prostitutes When you know it could put your life and your career in so much danger?
你明知会危及你的生活和事业 为什么还要去召♥妓♥呢?
I'm a flawed human being.
人无完人
And... And I've paid a heavy price.
而且 我为此付出了沉重的代价
I'm not complaining. That's just the truth.
我不是在抱怨 这就是事实
But I've looked in the mirror, and what I've seen, I don't like.
但当我回首往事 看到曾经的自己 我不喜欢
And I'm gonna change it.
我要改变自己
That said, I do think it's time to turn the page, look to the future.
也就是说 我确实认为这是 忘记过去 展望未来的时候了
Thanks, love.
谢谢 亲爱的
Oh, god, you smell good.
哦 天 你真香
How'd it go?
怎么样?
Good, I think. It was kinda weird.
我想不错 就是有点怪
By the way, this is Kya Poole, Llc consultants.
介绍一下 这是Kya Poole LLC咨♥询♥公♥司♥的
She's a reputation manager.
她主管名誉方面
Hello, Mrs Florrick. I have a lot of respect for you.
你好 Florrick女士 久仰大名
Thank you. Thanks.
谢谢 多谢
Hope it fits. Prison fare takes its toll.
放监狱那么久了 希望能合身
So I'll just change. Jim, can I use the bathroom?
我要换衣服 Jim 能用下卫生间么?
That's the look the public misses: Confident, real, optimistic.
这就是民众想念的面孔 自信 真实 积极
Know what he was talking about at that moment?
知道那一刻他在谈什么么?
You.
谈你
I have to go.
我得走了
Stern, Lockhart & Gardner, right?
Stern,Lockhart & Gardner事务所 对 么?
Say hello to will.
是的 代我向Will问好
Hey, you'll drop by later,
嘿 你稍后会过来吧?
right? - Yeah, I'll stop by after work.
没错 下班后我过来
Good.
那就好
I'm sorry. What was the question again?
对不起 问题是什么?
You work at Chicago Polytech, Isn't that correct, professor Whitton?
Whitton教授 你在芝加哥理工学院工作 是吗?
Yes. I... I received a grant to research cellular reproduction...
是的 我...有一笔补助 用来研究细胞繁殖...
I'm sorry, cellular reproduction in pluripotent stem cells.
对不起 是关于多能干细胞的细胞繁殖
More commonly known as cloning?
就像平常所说的克隆?
Yes, I'm sorry. Yes, cloning.
是的 对不起 就是克隆
Why does she keep apologizing so much?
她为什么总是不停地道歉?
That's who she is.
就是这样的人
Now, the prosecution contends that you buckled under the pressure of your research.
现在 控方认为你受不了研究的压力
You were supposed to deliver your results, and you missed several deadlines.
你本应该交出研究成果 却三番五次错过最后期限
Missing deadlines is just, I mean, everybody misses deadlines.
错过最后期限只是...我的意思是 每个人都会有这种时候
Did you set the fire that destroyed your lab, professor Whitton?
是你放火烧了实验室吗 Whitton教授?
No...Never.
不...不是我
I... Look, I was on the verge of a career-defining fellowship at cambridge.
我 呃..我马上就能获得剑桥大学的 职业定位奖学金了
I would never do anything to hurt my research.
我绝不会做不利于我研究的事情
Where were you at the time of fire?
事发的时候你在哪里?
I was running... on the... track across campus.
嗯 我在跑步 沿着校园跑道
This is like watching a baby seal being clubbed.
这就像在看一个小海豹正在被棒击
That's after how many sessions of witness prep?
进行了几次作证预演?
Three.
三次
You can't put her on the stand.
你不能让她作证
The stammering, the nerves, she looks guilty.
结巴 紧张 她心里有愧
She's innocent.
她是无辜的
So's my four-year-old niece, but I wouldn't put her on the stand either.
那好 我四岁的侄女也是无辜的 但我也不会让她作证人的
What do you get from her? Denial, alibi, context.
你从她身上发现了什么? 否认罪行 有不在场证据 有背景
You still have the alibi witness?
还有证明不在场的证人么?
And the guard and the Arson expert.
还有门卫和纵火案专家
I'd keep her a mile away from the stand.
我不会让她出庭作证的
You put her on, she's going away for 15 years.
你让她作证 她就会被判15年刑期
That puts more pressure on the other witnesses.
那别的证人的压力就会很大
Get some tougher witness prep, will ya?
选拔证人时更严格些吧
Those were wiffle balls you were throwing at her.
这就像向她投威浮球 (一种新兴的垒棒运动)
Will, we're stretched a little thin here.
Will 我们的人手有点紧
The layoffs?
要找被裁的人回来吗?
I'll put Josephson on it.
那我让Josephson过来帮忙
Josephson? No.
Josephson? 不
I need it to be tougher. More blood sport.
我需要更强硬的 更血性的人
You get two lawyers who really butt heads, make them prosecution-defense.
你应该要两个异常精明的律师 让他们扮演控方
You need this to be more darwinian, more real world.
他们应该更能钻牛角尖 更现实
Doesn't get more darwinian than that.
没有比他们更钻牛角尖的了
Witness prep 108. Keith Thomas, Arson expert.
作证预演 1-08 Keith Thomas 纵火案专家
Mr. Thomas, can you give us your professional opinion of the Arson investigations?
Thomas先生 你能说说对于关于这起 纵火案调查的专业观点么?
It was a rush to judgment.
下结论为时尚早
The fire department labeled it an Arson, but the reality is, it could've been an accident.
消防部门认为是人为纵火 但是实际上有可能是意外原因
But Arson investigators said they found traces of lighter fluid at the crime scene.
但是调查员说他们在犯罪现场 发现了打火机液体的痕迹
They're calling it lighter fluid, but what they really found was butane,
他们认为那是打火机液体 但实际上是丁烷
which is not only commonplace in a lab, but could spontaneously ignite.
在实验室是很常见的东西 很容易自燃
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
Spontaneously ignite?
自燃?
Are you serious?
你是认真的?
Yes, I am serious. I try to be.
是的 我是认真的 一直都是
Okay, well, then let's continue in this serious vein.
那好 那让我们按着这个想法继续
Aren't all the flammable liquids stored in steel cabinets on the other side
不是所有的易燃物品都被存放在 实验室另一边的钢化柜里么?
of the lab? Yes, I believe that's correct.
没错 我认为你说的对
You believe that's correct, but you don't know.
你认为我说的对 但你并不知道
Wouldn't you object at this point?
你不反对这点么?
No, she wouldn't.
不 她不会
Just do your best.
尽你所能 先生
We're just trying to prep you for the tough questions.
我们只是为你们应付难缠的问题做准备
I misspoke. I should have said, "yes, that's correct."
我晕了 我本应该说"是的 那是正确的"
What about the wax residue found at the crime scene?
怎么解释在犯罪现场发现的蜡残余?
Investigators say it came from a birthday candle used as part of a time-delay incendiary device.
调查员说那来自于一根生日蜡烛 是一个时间延迟引爆装置的一部分
You ever seen that before?
你以前见过那种装置么?
A birthday candle can be used as a three-minute fuse allowing the Arsonist to flee before a fire.
一根生日蜡烛可作导火线燃烧三分钟 这样纵火犯在着火之前就可以逃离现场
But I think it's far more likely to have come from some wax paper,
但我认为那更可能是一种蜡纸
Which would not be out of place at a lab.
那出现在实验室也情有可原
Yeah, I seen that all the time in labs, for sandwiches or comb harmonicas.
没错 我在实验室也见到 用来包三明治或是口琴
That's kinda rude.
那样有些无赖吧
I'm just getting started.
我才刚刚开始
Did you ever visit Dr. Whitton's lab, sir?
你参观过Whitton博士的实验室么 先生 ?
No. I'm an expert witness; I'm not an investigator.
没有 我是专家证人 不是调查员
Did you evaluate photos of the crime scene?
那你看过犯罪现场照片么?
Yes, I did. But ultimately,
看过
your assessment of the fire is based on pure conjecture.
但最终 你对这次失火的评估 是基于纯粹的推测
I'm offering my theory based on years. Which you're being paid for.
我的推断是基于多年的... 你拿了钱
As are you! Yeah, but only one of us is trying to sell their theories as truth.
你也一样 没错 但我俩只有一个人是以事实说 话的
Okay.
好了
Let's just sum up, shall we?
我们总结一下 好吧?
Your belief is that a rag soaked in butane. A chemical which Dr. Whitton never used in her work...
你的观点 是一块浸透了丁烷得碎布 Whitton博士从未用过的化学物质
Somehow migrated across the lab and into her research area,
不知怎么地它溜进实验室 刚好就在她的实验区
and then spontaneously ignited on a piece of discarded wax paper.
然后就自发地引燃了一张废弃的蜡纸
He was the best. Really.
他是最好的 真的
We had three other Arson experts, all half as good.
另外有三个纵火案专家 只有他的一半
Well... You know how I'm always looking for a silver lining.
那...你知道我怎么寻找一线生机
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表