Ow! You're hurting me!
你弄疼了我!
What's he being charged with?
他被指控什么?
Who the hell are you? His attorney.
你是谁? 他的律师
Felony murder.
重罪谋杀
They're saying kenny did this? Yep.
他们说是Kenny干的? 是的
Along with brian keller.
和Brian Keller一起
The police allege that these two broke into a guest apartment - Owned by the rankin family.
警方称他们闯入Rankin家族公♥司♥ 的公♥寓♥酒店
They broke in? Nothing was reported stolen,
他们闯入? 没有报失任何东西
but the police have Kenny and Brian's fingerprints on a window that was jammed open.
但警方在一扇卡住的窗户上提取了 Kenny和Brian的指纹
Kenny said he was at a friend's.
Kenny说他在朋友家
That would be the rankin's 17-year-old son, Spencer.
是的 是Rankin家族17岁的儿子Spencer
He lives above the garage, but obviously wasn't home at the time.
他住在车♥库♥上面 但显然当时他并不在家
And because the guard was killed in the commission of an alleged burglary, It's felony murder.
因为警卫被杀并涉嫌夜间行盗 所以是重罪谋杀
Yep. The police theorize that the boys encountered a security guard
是的 警方称两个孩子正要离开时遇到了警卫
as they were leaving, struggled with him, then shoved him down the stairs, where he hit his head on concrete.
和他扭打起来 然后把他推下楼梯 他头撞到水泥地
He died at approximately 11:20 p.m.
据法医检查
According to the medical examiner.
死亡时间大约是夜里11点20分
Kenny isn't capable of doing this.
Kenny不可能这样做
How well do you know him? Very. His mother was my first friend in Highland park.
你怎么认识他的? 他妈妈是我在海兰帕认识的第一个朋友
Oh, yeah?
是吗?
And the first person to stop talking to me.
也是第一个不和我说话的人
You getting me out? Not yet. I came by to see how you're doing.
你来保释我? 不 我只是过来看看你
I didn't know anybody died, I don't know how anybody could have.
我不知道有人死了 我都不知道是谁死了
We shouldn't talk in here.
我们或许不该在这谈论这些
I told you, I ran home.
就像我和你说的 我跑回家了
I yelled up at Brian to get out, but he couldn't hear me, he was still inside.
我大声喊Brian出来 但他没听见我 仍待在里面
The police is saying... I never even saw the guard, just his car!
警方说... 我从未看见警卫 只看到他的车!
Then why did you lie to me, Kenny? Why didn't you tell me you broke in?
Kenny 你为何对我撒谎? 你为何不告诉我你们是闯入的?
Because we didn't.
因为我们没有
Okay. There'll be a bail hearing, and a judge will decide - if you can be released pending trial.
好吧 听着 将会有保释听证会 法官会决定你是否可以保释等待开庭
Talk to spencer. He's my friend.
和Spencer谈谈 他是我朋友
He knew we were coming. He said to take whatever we needed, he even told us where the spare key was,
他知道我们会来 他说我们随时可以过去 他甚至告诉我们备用钥匙在哪里
we couldn't find it so we pushed a window open.
我们只是...没找到 所以我们推开了窗户
Mrs. Florrick, I swear... I ran Home when I saw the guard's car.
Florrick夫人 我发誓... 我看到警卫的车我就跑回家了
Ok
好的
Not the strongest case.
不是什么大案子
But she's signing a client.
不过她在签客户了
And if his parents live in highland park, - Payment won't be an issue.
如果他父母住在海兰帕 辩护费肯定没问题
I don't know.
我不知道
When the connections are personal, it can get tricky.
涉及到私人关系 可能会变得棘手
Blurring the line between friendship And business usually is.
友谊和生意的界限一向是模糊的
Actually, I don't have a relationship with his parents anymore,
其实我和他父母已没什么来往了
which is why I would prefer someone else Be the attorney of record.
所以我宁愿别人做出庭律师
I don't understand. If you're no longer friends, why do this at all?
我不明白 如果你们不再是朋友 为什么你要这样做?
Because my relationship with his parents Has nothing to do with how I feel About their son.
因为我与他父母的关系并未影响 我对他们儿子的看法
I used to baby-sit him.
我过去照看过他
I'll do all the briefs, all the legwork.
我会做简报和资料搜集的
I would just feel more comfortable If someone else tried the case.
如果别人审理案子 我将会感觉更舒服
You sign your first client, But you want a second associate To be the face of the case.
那么 你签了你的第一个客户 但你想让另一个律师出面
Give herself a bridge. I get that.
好的 我明白
For my son just got turned away?
你能否解释一下为何我为我儿子 聘请的律师会被拒绝?
Didn't lauren tell you? I was there... Terry streiger.
Lauren没有告诉你? 我当时在场... Terry Streiger
And excuse me for saying so, mrs. Florrick, But I think you're in over your head.
Florrick夫人 请原谅我这么说 但我想这案子你接不来
Terry's been a defense attorney For more than 20 years.
Terry做了20多年的辩护律师
He's a top-rated aba member, He's well-known and well-respected.
他是顶级律师协会的成员 他名扬四方 备受尊崇
Thank you for your time, but we'll take it from here. Okay?
那么 谢谢你关心 我们从这儿接手 好吗?
Your son asked me to represent him.
你儿子请我代表他
Without our consent.
没有我们的同意
He doesn't need your consent, he's 18.
他不需要你们的同意 他18岁了
How do you think he's going to pay for it?
你想他能支付律师费吗?
I don't know. We'll work something out.
我不晓得 我们会想办法的
And although I might not be as seasoned as mr. Streiger is, I can guarantee you
虽然我可能不如Streiger先生老练
I care a lot more about your son than he does.
但我向你保证我会比他更关心你的儿子
Kenny will get the best defense.
Kenny会得到最好的辩护的
...With my buddies and I'm bombed.
...和我的朋友 我喝的烂醉
And my ex-girlfriend, I hadn't seen her... - What are you doing here?
没见过我前女友她... 你怎么在这?
Excuse me.
失陪下
Diane said you needed a first chair.
Diane让我做首席
Kenny, this is my associate, cary agos.
Kenny 我同事Cary Agos
He's one of the best attorneys with the firm.
所里最棒的律师之一
He'll be helping me with your defense.
他将和我一起为你辩护
Good to meet you. This should be pretty simple. We get you out on bail and get you home.
很高兴认识你 把你保释回家只是小菜一碟
Court is now in session. The honorable earl hovick presiding.
现在开庭 有请Earl Hovick法官
Ms. Raines. Your honor,
Raines小姐 法官大人
Due to the seriousness of the charges, The state opposes bail at this time.
考虑到指控的严重性 检方反对保释
We believe the defendant Not only poses a flight risk but a danger to the community.
被告不仅可能逃匿 也许会危害社会
Excuse me, your honor, but based on what? Mr. Chatham has no criminal history,
抱歉 法官大人 但是根据何在?
Close ties to the community, In fact, his parents are seated in the gallery here
Chatham先生既没有前科 也很好的融入了社会
To assure the court that their son will appear for trial.
而且坐在旁听席上的他父母 也会担♥保♥他会参加正式审判
Begging your pardon, your honor, but the state has secured A cooperating witness,
不好意思 法官大人 但是检方有目击证人
co-defendant brian keller.
共同被告 Brian Keller
Who not only places mr. Chatham At the crime scene But identifies him as the attacker.
指证Chatham先生不仅在犯罪现场 而且是凶手
Then bail is denied. Defendant is remanded to custody. Next case.
驳回保释请求 继续羁押被告 下个案子
You told me it was gonna be simple.
不是说小菜一碟吗
Your friend brian must've cut a deal with the state's attorney.
你朋友Brian一定与 地方检察院达成了协议
The first one who does is usually the first one out. Let's go.
先坦白者先从宽呐 走吧
I need to talk to you guys about something.
得和你们说个事
That sounds serious.
很严肃哦
It is, actually.
是的
Is it about dad?
爸的事?
- Oh, no, no, no, no, he's fine.
不 不是 他没事
I just would rather you hear this from me.
只是希望你们从我这得知
Kenny chatham got arrested.
Kenny Chatham被捕了
For murder, right? And you're like one of his lawyers.
因为谋杀 对吧? 你是他的律师之一
That's what janna told me.
Janna告我的
Yeah, shane im'd me about it.
Shane也在网上给我留言
Everyone's totally freaked.
大家都很震惊
Are there any questions you'd like to ask me?
那你们有没有要问我的?
Or do you want to talk about any of it at all?
或是想了解下情况之类的?
Not really. Been hearing about it all night as it is.
没 一晚上都听烦了
Yeah, it's really all Anybody back there is taking about.
那是 大家都在八卦那事
I'm sure.
那肯定
And it must be pretty upsetting to you guys, too.
你们也一定觉得很遗憾吧
Mom, we only ever saw Kenny 'cause he was your friend's son.
妈 我们以前和Kenny来往 只是因为他是你朋友的儿子
We have our own friends back in highland park. At least on facebook.
在海兰帕我们有自己的朋友 至少在Facebook上
Since we're not allowed to go back.
因为我们不能再回那了
That's not true.
不是那样的
I'm done. Can I be excused?
我吃饱了 能先回房♥吗?
I guess. Me, too.
好吧 我也是
By the way, I didn't make the soccer team.
对了 我没能加入足球队
You're here early.
来的很早啊
Ah, but not the first.
但不是最早的
That's what happens When you're single and childless.
不拖家带口的自然容易
I was going to leave you a note. I wanted to see how things were going With him as first chair.
本来想给你留个条 想知道他首席做的怎样
Well, he's certainly confident.
还好 很自信
Look, this is your case.
听着 这是你的案子
Diane assumed, rightly so, that you were just looking for a front man
Diane觉得你在为朋友打官司 需要一个帮你出面的人
To provide a little cushion Since you're dealing with friends.
是以前的朋友
Sounds complicated. It is.
很复杂啊 是的
Legally or emotionally?
法律上还是情绪上?
Both.
一样
We didn't get bail because brian cut a deal with the s.A.
因为Brian和检方有协议没能保释
He got immunity on felony murder By taking a lesser charge of burglary And agreeing to testify against kenny.
他承认入室行窃并指证Kenny 来逃脱重罪谋杀的指控
So what we need to do is... Establish there was no burglary.
那我们要做的是... 证明不存在入室行窃
I'll dig up what I can on this brian character.
那我去调查下Brian这人的品性
And we'll question Spencer rankin, hopefully get him to agree To testify for the defense, right?
好 我们去和Spencer Rankin交涉 希望他能为辩方做证 是不?
These kids go to a fancy campus.
嗯 这些孩子上的学校好啊
Mom, I don't like it.
妈 我不喜欢这
Grace, this is the best school in the county.
Grace 这是全郡最好的学校
You just give it some time.
过些时日
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表