Because you're married?
因为你结婚了?
For a start.
一开始就是啊
Your husband cheated on you.
你丈夫背着你偷吃耶
And so what? What does that mean?
那又怎样? 你是什么意思?
What do you want?
你想要什么?
Ryan, I've got two teenage kids and a to-do list you wouldn't believe.
Ryan 我有两个小孩 我还有一大堆事情要处理
You're not convincing me.
你不信任我
Just do the work, okay?
投入工作吧 好不好?
We're doing this wrong.
我们这样做是不对的
Probably.
可能吧
I can't fire another person.
我不能再裁人了
I can't look another one in the eye and say, "You're going to land somewhere," when I know they're not.
我不要明知不可能还要看着他们眼睛 跟他们说"你会再找到工作的"
What do you propose?
你有什么提议?
You have a lifeboat that holds 15 people or one person... who do you put in it?
如果一个救生艇只能装15个群众 或者一个伟人 你会放哪个?
Is one a priest and one a rabbi?
那伟人是牧师还是法学博士?
Stern costs just as much as 15 litigators, Diane.
Stern的支出相当于15个诉讼律师 D
You want to make a move against Stern?
你想让我把矛头指向Stern?
I want to save 15 jobs.
我想保住15个人的饭碗
Stern brought us together.
是Stern招我们过来的
We're only a firm because of him.
因为有他我们才能成一家事务所
The wedding is over, the minister can go home.
婚礼结束 牧师就可以回家了
He costs us. He's not what he used to be.
他开销太大 已经不是以前的他了
He doesn't bring in any clients.
他不再带来任何客户
You know, this would be a whole lot less galling if you were just honest.
你早挑明了就不用现在这么难做了
There are three votes on this board, and you want to get rid of the one that sides with me.
董事会一共就3票 你想除去在我这边的一票
This is a power play, pure and simple.
这就是纯粹而明了的权利游戏
Get off it, Diane. Nothing here is pure, and nothing here is simple.
得了吧Diane 这儿没有什么是纯粹 也没有什么是明了的
This is.
这样够明了没
It's going to be hard.
接下来会很艰难
I know. I'm sorry.
我知道 对不起
I can see, even with the small things, he doesn't trust me.
他现在在小事情上都不信任我了
It's like... with my dad after rehab the first time.
就像第一次和我爸恢复关系一样
He looked at me differently.
他看我的眼神不一样了
Like I was a time bomb.
就像我是个计时炸♥弹♥一样
I'm sure he wants it to work.
我确定他也希望事情向好的发展
He does.
他是想
You can't just throw a marriage away, can you?
你不能弃婚姻而不顾吧 对不对?
You good?
准备好了吧?
Mr. Alprin, are you ready?
Alprin先生 准备好了吗?
Yes, Your Honor.
可以了 法官大人
So, you are the owner and operator of Megalith Security. Is that right, sir?
你是巨石物业的老总和操作员 对吗?
Yes, it is. And how do you know the plaintiff?
是的 你怎么认识原告的?
Well, I don't know her.
呃 我不认识她
You're under oath, and you're saying you don't know her?
你宣过誓的 你是说你不认识她吗?
Yes, I am.
没错
Fair enough.
好
Sir... What's this?
先生...这是什么?
It's a phone bill.
电♥话♥账单
It's your phone bill, correct?
这是你的电♥话♥账单对不对?
And this number here... you see that?
看这个号♥码 看到没?
That number belongs to the plaintiff.
这是原告的电♥话♥号♥码
So, was that a wrong number, sir?
难道说打错了吗 先生?
Probably. I don't know.
应该是吧 我...我不知道
And here on this page, did you phone that wrong number three more times?
那这儿 你打给这个错号♥码3次?
I don't know.
我不知道
And this phone call was eight minutes long.
这通电♥话♥的长度足有8分钟
Is that ypically how long you... talk to a wrong number?
你会和打错的号♥码...说上这么久?
Well, I would contest that bill.
我对这账单有异议
And this call of five minutes, and this one of 23 minutes... would you contest that, as well?
那这通持续5分钟 这通持续了23分钟 你通通都有异议?
I would.
是的
Now, this surveillance camera that you installed near the Eruv wire in the week before the... accident,
在事故发生的前一周 在教区线附近的这个摄像头
you were in a cherry picker bucket, right?
是你用装卸机按上去的 对吧?
Up there installing the camera? Yes.
在高空安装摄像头? 是的
And that would have put you right in the exact place where the Eruv wire attached to the Loeb house?
那你当时的位置就正好在那条教区线 粘附在Loeb的房♥子的地方?
No, not... not right there.
不 不是在那里
Five feet away?
5英尺之外?
I don't know.
我不清楚
I didn't measure it. Well, we did.
我没量过 我们量了
So, you were in a position to weaken the eruv wire
所以 你有机会破坏教区线好让它坠落
so that it could fall. Objection!
反对
Kalinda, I'm in the middle of trial. - Can't this wait? - No, it can't.
Kalinda 我正在庭上呢 不能等等吗? 不能
Look, Will was having me look
Will让我调查你的搭档
Okay. I'm on with a friend from the bar association.
好吧 我正在跟律师协会一个朋友通话
They can't find his bar number.
他们找不到他的律师号♥
What?
什么? 怎么会?
Ryan Alprin went to law school, but failed his bar exam and never took it a second time.
Ryan Alprin上过法学院 但没通过资格考试 也没再考第二次
They can't find his bar association number.
他们找不到他的律师号♥
How is that even possible?
这怎么可能?
The system is based on trust more than we think.
法律系统对诚信的依赖比我们想象的多
But he's up there right now cross-examining. - Yeah, I'm still here.
但他正在里面交叉询问证人 我还在
He's winning this case.
他就要赢了
This is not just about the case.
这关系到的不止是这件案子
He'll be arrested... this is a state crime... and you could be disbarred if you don't take this to the judge.
他会被捕 这触犯了行政法 你若不告知法官 也会被取消律师资格
If I know he's not a lawyer.
那是在我知道他不是律师的情况下
Which you'll know in two minutes.
两分钟后就见分晓
Once the jury starts deliberating, the verdict stands.
一旦陪审团开始合议 判决就成立
Yeah, but we need to... Okay. We're winning this case.
是的 但我们得... 好 我们要拿下这案子
The Loebs need us to win this case.
Loebs夫妇需要我们胜诉
I'm not going to let Ryan. I need you to take a walk around the block.
我不会让Ryan... 我要你出去逛一圈
What?!
什么?
I need you to take a walk around the block now, and we'll talk later.
你出去逛一圈 回来再谈
Wait. I want to be clear.
等等 说清楚
You want me not to be here when I get this information?
你不想让我得到确认消息时在这儿?
We are minutes away from sending this to a jury, so go for a walk.
还有几分钟就要交给陪审团了 快走吧
So, you're saying, sir, you're not connected to the plaintiff,
你是说你与原告没有关系
and yet you had access to the eruv wire just days before it fell,
在教区线坠落前一天你接触过它
you control the placement and view of your surveillance cameras,
你负责摄像头安置的位置和角度
and you phoned the plaintiff three times in the week before the accident?
还在事故前一周三次与原告通电♥话♥?
I don't know about any of this.
我什么都不知道
So, the documentation is lying?
那难道是证据错了?
All these phone records, all these bills - Stop.
所有电♥话♥记录 账单... 打住
What?
怎么?
You're resting the defense right now.
马上结束询问
I'm not... I know you're not a lawyer.
我还没... 我知道你是冒牌货
And I'm not going to let you endanger this case.
我不能让你毁了这案子
Mr. Alprin?
Alprin先生?
The defense rests, Your Honor.
被告方问完了 法官大人
This is what you're going to do.
告诉你怎么做
After jury instructions, you turn yourself in, or I'm going to the judge.
宣读判决后 你去自首 否则我就向法官举报
This is all a mistake.
这是个误会
Don't. I mean it.
别想溜 我是认真的
I'm sorry.
对不起
No, this isn't one of those "sorry" things.
这不是对不对得起的问题
You turn yourself in, or I will.
要么你自首 要么我揭发
All rise.
全体起立
Madam Foreperson, have you reached a verdict?
Foreperson女士 你们达成判决了吗?
Yes, we have, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
How do you find?
结果如何?
We find for the defense.
判决是被告胜诉
Thank you, jurors, for your services.
谢谢诸位 辛苦了
You are dismissed.
请退场
Yeah? Just quickly.
怎么? 就说一句
This lawyer, Ryan... I think I made a mistake.
那个律师... 我看走眼了
What do you mean?
什么意思?
I mean... I don't think he's right for us.
我想他不适合我们
Okay. I got it. Thanks.
知道了 谢谢
Hey, it's me. Look, the law is the only thing I'm good at.
是我 我唯一在行的就是法律
It's the only thing I've ever been good at.
这是我有生以来唯一在行的事
I made a mistake, and I'm going to fix it.
我犯了错误 我会纠正
I just... Alicia...
我只是... Alicia...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表