What?
怎么了?
This is the memo in our discovery.
这是我们调查中的备份
This is the same memo sent to our clients.
这是送给我们委托人的
They left off three names.
少了三个人的名字
You can go to yoga now. We'll see you in court.
去练瑜珈吧 我们法庭见
Bottom line is Cross National Freight deliberately denied us discovery by concealing
跨国货运公♥司♥隐藏Merriman先生 和其它两部门的负责人信息
Mr. Merriman and 2 other department heads. Your Honor, no one has been denied discovery here.
故意误导我们的调查 法官大人 没人在误导调查
If names were left off documents, it was inadvertent.
如果文件上少了名字 也是疏忽所致
Inadvertent? Is that what they're calling Wite-Out these days?
疏忽? 现在都这么说"涂改液"的吗?
Your Honor, that is just...
法官大人 那简直太...
I'm sorry, I find Mr. Gardener's charges personally offensive.
抱歉 Gardener先生的指控是个人偏见
Mr. Merriman and these other two people have nothing to do with overtime.
Merriman先生和其余俩人 与超时工作没有任何关系
Then why were they CC'd on a letter denying it?
那为何他们名字出现在否认声明上?
Mr. Gardner, you don't have enough here to convince a jury.
Gardner先生 你没有足够证据说服陪审团
Your Honor, with all due respect Don't all due respect me, Counselor.
法官大人 恕我冒犯... 别冒犯我 辩护律师
I'm not your high school gym teacher.
我不是你高中体育老师
On the other hand, Ms. Nyholm inadvertent, my ass.
不过 Nyholm女士 "疏忽"...扯吧你
Mr. Gardner, how long would it take to depose these witnesses?
Gardner先生 何时能说服那些目击者作证?
To properly prepare and depose, I would say one month.
完全准备好作证 一个月吧
You have three days. Three?
给你三天 三天?
Your Honor, that isn't... Now you have 2 days.
可是 法官大人 那不... 两天
Want to try one? No, thank you.
要我说"一天"吗? 不用了 谢谢 法官大人
Your Honor, if I could just interject here.
法官大人 容我插句嘴
These executives are very busy people. Even two hours out of their work day...
那些管理人员都是大忙人 工作日抽两小时都...
Ms. Nyholm, you just gave Mr. Gardner back his third day.
Nyholm女士 你帮Gardner先生争回了三天
You'd like to give him a fourth?
还要帮他争取四天吗?
No. Your Honor. I stop.
不 法官大人 我闭嘴
Good. We'll meet back here on Friday to decide whether a dismissal is in order.
好 周五我们再决议是否驳回诉讼
Does anybody have anything to say?
还有人有话说没?
Okay. Next case.
好 下一个案子
Next on docket... Cancel everything.
下面审理... 取消一切计划
For the next 72 hours, we eat, drink and sleep this case.
接下来的三天 我们就围着这个案子转
I wanted to bring you a birthday cake.
本来想带生日蛋糕来的
How's everything at home, Mom? Good.
家里还好吗 妈? 好
She's working too much, but that's about it.
就是她工作太忙了
Alicia? What did I say?
Alicia? 怎么了?
Every time you refer to Alicia, you say "she." Do I?
每次你提到Alicia 总是说"她" 有吗?
Alicia came home last night at midnight, left this morning at 6:00.
Alicia昨晚午夜回家 今早六点就出门了
I warned her about Diane Lockhart.
我早就让她当心Diane Lockhart
No, it's the other one, Will Gardner.
不是 是另一个 Will Gardner
I'm glad they're friends and all, but he needs to give her a break.
他们是朋友是好事 不过也得让她喘口气啊
Day and night, she never stops.
她夜以继日地工作
Okay, so the goal is this. I'll depose Merriman.
好 那我说服Merriman作证
He's the VP of Operations. That's who I think Patti's hiding from us.
他是营运部副部长 估计Patti想瞒着我们的就是他
The other two, what are their names?
另外俩...啥名字来着?
Jonathan Eldredge and Sarah Conley.
Jonathan Eldredge和Sarah Conley
He's a systems engineer, she's in industry relations.
他是系统工程师 她是劳资关系部门的
Whatever you do, just keep the depos going.
好 拼尽全力也要让他们作证
Just keep asking questions, so Judge Parks doesn't pull the plug on this.
不停的问问题 Parks法官就不会终止审理
If I draw enough blood with Merriman, they'll up their offer.
但愿 我能让Merriman大出血 增加和解金
The point isn't to go back to court.
记住 重点是不是要闹到上庭
The point is to open their wallets further.
重点是让他们多掏点银子
And you're a mechanical systems manager.
你是机械系统主管
Is that correct, Mr. Eldredge?- Yes.
对吗 Eldredge先生? 对
And this says that you ordered a new publicaddress system
上面提到你为客运汽车购入了 新的有线广播系统
for passenger cars. Could you explain?
能说下原因吗? 标准升级
Standard upgrade. And this says you authorized a new coupling mechanism.
还提到你批准使用一种新的耦合器
Is that right? Yes. Standard upgrade.
对吗? 对 标准升级
And this says... let's see... that you replaced the automated LRS,
还提到...稍等... 你替换了自动化LRS
"Load Regulator System." Standard upgrade.
"负荷调节系统" 标准升级
Your rail traffic has doubled in the last decade, but you've cut your crews in half, correct?
过去十年中 贵公♥司♥铁路运输量增加两倍 却裁掉了半数的员工 对吗?
There's more automated equipment. Trains are easier to drive.
更多的自动化设备使火车容易驾驶
And yet it still takes the same amount of time to drive them.
但还是要花同等的时间
Let the record reflect that Mr. Merriman shrugged.
记录下Merriman耸肩的动作
Let the record reflect, I shrugged, too.
记录一下 我也耸肩了
So, you're saying you have nothing to do with approving or denying overtime?
那么 Conley夫人 你说 赞同超时工作与否与你无关
Right. And what about David Merriman?
是的 那David Merriman呢?
Has he ever approved or denied overtime?
他赞同还是否认超时工作呢? 我不记得了
I don't recall. Did any of the accident victims work overtime the week before the Lakeshore crash?
事故受害者中有没有人在 Lakeshore事故前一周加过班?
I don't recall. Did any of them routinely put in for overtime?
我不记得了 他们中有人经常超时工作吗?
I don't recall. Are you married?
我不记得了 Conley夫人 你结婚了吗?
I don't re... Oh, I'm so sorry, Ms. Conley.
我不... 很抱歉 Conley夫人
I've 3 clients who lost their husbands must have been a Freudian slip.
我的三位委托人失去了丈夫... 我肯定是无意中失言了
The truth is, hese three employees had gone 24 hours without rest when this accident occurred.
事实是 事故发生时这三位雇员 已经连续工作24小时 中间没有任何休息
No, they work hard, sure, but... You worked them hard, didn't you?
不 不 他们工作非常努力 但... 你逼着他们拼命工作 不是吗?
I did my job, Mr. Gardner.
Gardner先生 我只是做我的本职工作
And what was your job, Mr. Merriman? Tell us.
你的工作是什么 Merriman先生? 请告诉我们
We pay these people well, we expect results.
我们支付这些人高薪酬 同时期望得到相应的回报
You're a lawyer, you work people hard here? You bet your ass you do.
你是律师 你会让你的人拼命工作吗? 我打赌你肯定这样
This is America. You work hard, get the job done, whatever it takes.
这是美国 你拼命工作 完成目标 不惜一切代价
I think we should take a break.
我想我们应该休息一下
Definitely.
当然
Let Mr. Merriman recompose himself.
让Merriman先生冷静一下
This guy is a walking disaster.
这家伙是个大♥麻♥烦
No wonder they hid him from us.
难怪他们不想我们找到他
You should've seen Patti. She looked like she was ready to give birth right there.
你应该看看Patti 她看起来 像是要准备在这儿生孩子
How'd yours go?
你那边如何?
Well, I know more about trains than I ever wanted.
我对火车更了解了
Keep it going. Patti's on the phone with her overlords trying to up the offer.
继续 Patti正在和她上头打电♥话♥ 试图提高和解金额
If she does, can you get the widows on the line?
如果她谈妥了 你能打电♥话♥给那些遗孀吗
Linda said she'd stay by the phone. Thanks.
嗯 Linda说她会在电♥话♥旁等着的 谢谢
You kept them together. I know that hasn't easy.
你让她们团结一心 我知道那不容易
I didn't do anything.
我并没有做什么
You can just tell us the number, Patti.
Patti 你可以直接告诉我们金额
Have you ever known a fishing expedition to be free, Will?
Will 你知道一个审前调查 就可以把赔偿金额降为零?
Three more days for discovery... that went both ways.
3天多的调查 就是两种不同的结果了
Our clients passed every company drug test...
得了 我们的委托人 通过了公♥司♥的每一项药物检查
Yes, but this wasn't the company's.
是的 但这不是公♥司♥的
This was part of Underwood's application to renew his health insurance, a week before the crash.
这是Underwood申请更新他的健康保险 的部分文件 就在撞车前一周
Amphetamines? That's right. Your client was on speed.
安♥非♥他♥命♥? (一种中枢兴♥奋♥剂♥ 毒品) 是的 你的委托人超速了
When I was first starting out, I got a terrific piece of advice, and it's always stuck with me and this is it,
我第一次出庭时 得到了个了不起的忠告 它一直伴随着我 这就是
Everything that happens in a courtroom. Who did you say he was again?
发生在法庭上的每件事... 你刚才说他是谁?
Malcolm Overby.
Malcolm Overby
Yeah, I think I've heard of him. it was a common practice...
我想我听说过他
So, do you work with him?
那么 你和他一起工作?
Currently.
目前是
Rumor is he might be going to another firm.
传闻他可能会去另一家公♥司♥
I just hope he takes me with him.
我只希望他能带我一起走
... I'm sorry
古巴雪茄 他开始吸起来... - 对不起
Would you excuse me?
失陪一下
It's my mother. I'll be right back.
是我妈妈 我马上回来
What's up? Cross National
出什么事了 跨国货运公♥司♥
Is throwing an insurance drug test at us for Underwood. Could you check it out?
抛出一份Underwood的保险药物测试 你能检查一下吗?
Sure, but tomorrow.
可以 但要明天
Why? What's up?
什么? 为什么? 怎么了?
Diane's asked me to do further work on Sheffrin-Marks.
Diane让我跟进一下 Sheffrin-Marks公♥司♥的案子
She what?
她什么?
I've gotta go.
我得挂了
I can tell from your face, it's not good.
从你脸上可以看出 情况不太好
The company has a drug test.
公♥司♥提供了一份药物检测
It says Jimmy had amphetamines in his system.
上面说Jimmy体内有安♥非♥他♥命♥
For the longest time I didn't think there was evil.
很长一段时间内我认为世上没有邪恶
I just thought there were people who did good and bad things.
我只是认为世上的人分为两种 做好事的和做坏事的
But now...
但现在...
Sorry.
对不起
That's the kind of conversation Jimmy and I would have.
这是我和Jimmy谈话的方式
Linda, I have to ask, did you know about this?
Linda 我必须得问 你知道这事吗?
Jimmy never did drugs.
Alicia Jimmy从不沾毒品
There's nothing to know about.
没什么可以知道的
Go through your medicine cabinet.
检查一下你们的药箱
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表