What? When? How do you know?
什么? 什么时候? 你怎么知道?
The Chief Justice's clerk.
主法官助理那里
He sets up time for writing opinions. - It was an easy no.
他会按时写下意见 答案很简单 "不通过"
I thought we had it. To be honest, I did, too.
我以为我们成功了 老实说 我也这么想
So, what do we do now? Go back to the office.
那么 现在怎么办? 回办公室
Well, about the case. The case? It's not ours.
关于这个案子 这个案子 不是我们的
It's Legal Aid's. rédits... Team
是属于法律援助署的
Actual innocence? Yes.
实际无辜? 是的
We lost the automatic appeal. Now you want to appeal on actual innocence?
自动上诉被驳回了
现在你想提出无罪上诉?
I read the trial record.
我读了审判记录
Defense never put his wife on the stand.
辩方从未让他妻子出庭作证
She was his only alibi, and the jury never heard from her.
她是唯一可证明他不在场的证人 陪审团没听过她的证词
Because wives lie.
因为妻子会包庇
I can't believe I'm having to tell you this.
真不敢相信我要告诉你这些
And she had priors.
而且她有前科
I read the trial record, too.
我也读过审判记录
Juvenile priors. hen, those don't count.
少年犯前科 好吧 那些不算
What am I missing here?
我错过了什么?
When I worked at the state's attorney's office, we called these "appeals by hunch."
在地方检察院工作的时候 我们称之为"凭直觉上诉"
This guy had his trial, an expensive trial. He killed a cop.
对这家伙进行了庭审 花费很多 他杀了警♥察♥
Allegedly. No.
据说 不
12 jurors, strong and true, found him guilty.
12名陪审员 强烈而又坚定的 裁定他有罪
That means not allegedly. That means he killed a cop.
那意味着不是据说 意味着他杀了警♥察♥
You know, sometimes eople with cute daughters and sweet little wives do bad things.
有时候一些人 尽管有可爱女儿和妻子 也会做坏事的
Sometimes very bad things.
有时候会是非常坏的事情
I'm not helping you on this one.
这个案子我不会帮你了
Suit yourself.
随你的便
Cary wants to take a week on Clarence Wilcox.
Cary想跟进Clarence Wilcox案子一周
See if there's any foundation for an evidentiary appeal.
看看是否有证据可以上诉
On actual innocence.
以"实际无辜"上诉
We think it's a good idea for a week. It's good promotable work.
我们认为一周还不错 是个有利可图的好差事
And, not to sound too cynical, it burns off the hours we owe the pro bono consortium.
不想太见利忘义 但这会减少我们 欠公益性服务联盟的时间
So you two up to doing this?
那么你们俩要一起吗?
You did a good job on the Wilcox brief.
Wilcox案的辩论状 你们做的不错
Bree sings your praises as a team.
Bree称赞你们很有团队精神
Sure. Why not?
当然 必须的
What? It's a good cause.
什么? 是个不错的案子
I'm just trying to fit this into the fuller Cary picture.
我只是在尽力适应Cary时代
Hey, there aren't that many generations left.
嘿 没什么可留给我的了
You've taken the greatest generation, the lost generation,
你已经经历了最伟大的时代 迷惘的时代
the Pepsi generation, so what do we have left?
百事时代 那么还有什么留给我呢?
The surprise generation? So, surprise.
令人诧异的时代? 怎样 惊喜吧?
No. Look... the truth is, his wife came up to me yesterday with his daughter...
听着 其实昨天他妻子带着女儿来找我
really cute, you know... and gave me this.
真可爱 然后给了我这个
What? It meant something to me.
什么? 对我来说很有意义
You think she has a car full of them?
你认为她会不会有一车照片?
Hey, it worked. We're on it.
嘿 真有效 我们重视了
I'm kind of liking her more now.
我有点喜欢上她了
Mrs. Florrick, thank you so much for doing this. Thank you.
Florrick女士 感谢你这样做 谢谢
Would you've pursued it if I hadn't given you pictures?
如果我没有给你们照片 你们会追查吗?
That's what I said.
那是我说的
Do you hand these out like party favors?
你把这照片当成派对礼物送吗?
Lawyers tend to forget he's a person.
律师常会忘记他是个人
I love my husband.
听着 我爱我丈夫
He's innocent, and I know he's innocent, and I would do anything for him.
他是无辜的 我知道他是无辜的 我愿意为他做任何事
Patrice, How are you, I'm good
Patrice 你过得怎么样? 很好
I just wanted to introduce you.
我只是想向你介绍
Josh Baldwin. Cary Agos. Nice to meet you. Alicia Florrick.
Josh Baldwin Cary Agos 很高兴见到你
Follow me. Now, I thought we had a good defense.
跟我来
We could have won. Except?
现在我认为我们有很好的辩护 我们会赢的
Except it was me against about a half-dozen Asas.
除非? 除非是我一个人对付六个ASA
This was the first case in that high-profile task force
你丈夫高调成立特别工作组 这是他们的第一个案子
your husband set up. They only handled four or five cases a year, but they put all their resources into this.
他们一年只处理四五个案子 但他们会投入所有的人力物力
Tammy, how do I work this thing?!
Tammy 这东西怎么弄?!
Thanks.
哦 谢谢
do you know who your husband put in charge of that task force?
那么 你知道你丈夫 让谁负责那个工作组吗?
Glenn Childs.
Glenn Childs
Small world?
世界真小 对吧?
Go to the deepest heart of Appalachia, ou won't find a town smaller than Chicago.
你不走进阿巴拉契亚山区最深处 就不会发现还有比芝加哥更小的城镇
Up there, top two boxes.
在那里 最上面两个盒子
Why didn't you put Patrice on the stand?
你为什么不让Patrice做证?
She had priors. he jury would think she was lying to protect her husband.
她有前科 陪审团会认为 她为了保护丈夫撒谎
You need to be calm for that.
你需要冷静
You know, I just think I'll live with the mystery.
我只是认为我会生活在谜一样的世界里
Look, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
听着 没关系
It all came down to the eyewitness. The med student?
这一切来自目击者 医学院学生
Everything else was circumstantial.
嗯 其他都是间接证据
The blood spatter. Clarence was wearing a Bulls sweatshirt two days after the murder.
当时鲜血飞溅 案发两天后Clarence 穿着一件公牛队的运动衫
But that lady stood right up in court, pointed at Clarence and said, "He did it."
那位女士在法庭上站起来 就指着Clarence说 "他干的"
That's when I knew it was over.
那时候我就知道一切结束了
That movie was awful, wasn't it?
电影真烂 对吧?
My dad taped it for me.
我爸爸给我录的
First of all, I was in there buying cat food.
首先 我在那儿买♥♥猫食
And I was alone. And all of a sudden, I'm this blonde coed who falls in love with a married man.
我独自一人 然后突然之间 我是个爱上已婚男人的金发女郎
Was anything right in it?
店里有什么人吗?
Well, I did see him... Wilcox, that was true.
我的确看见他...Wilcox 那是真的
He ran through the door, he fired his gun, he yelled at me to kiss the floor,
他跑着闯进门 开了一枪 大声叫我趴在地上
but I peered up, and I saw him kill that police officer.
但我往上看了看 我看到他杀了那个警官
You have no doubts?
你确信无疑?
I've seen people die... I... a lot of people die, actually, on the operating table.
我曾看过很多人死亡 很多人都死在手术台上
I worked for a summer in South Chicago.
我在南芝加哥工作了一个夏天
But I've only seen one person murdered.
但我只看到一个人被谋杀
It's not something you forget.
那是我难以会忘记的
Do you think we're on a fool's errand?
你认为我们在徒劳的奔波?
I think we all have a job to do.
我想我们都必须做本职工作
I save the lives of some people who I know, as soon as they get well,
我救了很多人 我知道那些人一旦 恢复健康就会出去杀人
are going to go out and kill. But I still try to save them.
但我还是尽力救他们
It's your job to try to get him off.
使他脱罪是你们的职责
It's the prosecutor's job to stop you.
阻止你们是检察官的职责
It's my job to tell the truth.
我的职责是说出事实
I would say, "Good luck," but I wouldn't mean it.
我想说"祝你们好运" 但我其实一点都不想
Take care.
多保重
What do you think? I think we're in trouble.
你怎么想? 我想我们有麻烦了
What am I looking for?
我要找什么?
Just watch.
继续看
The police believe that man just killed someone, and you are the only eyewitness, so...
好的 警♥察♥相信那个人杀了人 你是唯一的目击者 所以...
That's the six-pack photo array the police present to you.
这是警♥察♥给你的六张照片
Which one is it?
哪一个是他?
That's him.
那是他
Yeah, maybe. Hold on.
也许是 等等
Is him
是他
You're confident?
你确定?
I'm confident.
确定
You're wrong.
你错了
The culprit isn't one of these.
罪犯不在他们中
This is when we explain to the jury about cross-racial identification.
这是我们要向陪审团解释的 跨种族识别问题
Studies still haven't adequately explained why,
研究还没给出充分解释原因
but it's harder for Caucasians to identify subtle differences in African-American faces,
但白种人在识别非裔美国人 和非裔美国白种人时
and African-Americans in Caucasians.
很难认出细微的差别
How much do you charge to say that?
你收费多少?
My consultation rates are comparable.
我的咨♥询♥率是可比较的
$20,000 for a routine appeal.
一次常规上诉2万美元
Well, we filed an evidentiary appeal, but we don't know if we have it yet.
我们提起上诉 但我们不知道是否有证据
Would you like to try it?
你想试试吗?
Let me guess.
让我猜一下
A terrorist.
恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
You don't need a story, do you?
你不需要知道案情 对吧?
Which one is it?
是哪一个?
None of them.
他们都不是
You're confident?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表