Right now his firm seems more stable, - and I consider him a mentor.
现时他的公♥司♥状况更稳定 而且我视他为导师
So do I. But at the end of the day, I bet on myself, not him.
我也如此 但我赌今天这官司是我赢 不是他
With Stern, it's all about Stern.
Stern太自我了
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Julius
Julius
You're one of the best lawyers we have.
你是我们最好的律师之一
You have a great client list.
你掌握很多大客户
So what's it gonna take?
你要什么条件?
Here's my offer from Stern.
这是Stern给我开的条件
We can match it.
我们也能做到
What about, gearing up that diversity program we keep talking about?
那 关于我们一直商讨的 推进多元化招聘的事呢?
That'll cost us money we don't have.
我们花不起那个钱
We lag behind every other major Chicago firm in diversity hiring.
我们在多元化招聘上远远落后于 任何一家芝加哥大公♥司♥
I'm tired of being the poster boy for affirmative action around here.
我受够了充当少数派代表投赞成票
Okay, fine.
好吧 好吧
We'll find the money.
我们会想办法筹钱
All right.
那好
Now, it's your turn to do something for us.
现在轮到你为我们做点事了
Ten other lawyers who were gonna go with you...
要跟你一起跳槽的其他10位律师
Their names.
告诉我名字
What, you want me to...
什么 你要我...
But now they'll stay.
但如今他们会留下的
Stern wanted me, not them.
Stern想挖的是我 不是他们
We don't want turncoats with access to proprietary information.
我们不会姑息知道太多的叛徒的
You're gonna fire them.
你要炒掉他们
It's for diversity hiring.
这样就有更多资金雇佣其他人才了
Write down the names.
列名单吧
What is that?
这是什么? 我询问那些雇员后得出的结果
One received that the week before the attack.
其中一人在袭击前一周收到了这个
Tell they didn't take this to Clay.
他们没把这个拿给Clay吧 他们给了
They took it to Clay. And he ignored it?
他竟然视而不见? 没错
Which makes it even worse that it was an inside job.
这让是内鬼干的情况更糟糕了
Clay isn't liable for unforeseeable acts of his employees.
Clay对他雇员的不可预见的 行为没法负责倒也情有可原
But now? If he had prior notice?
但这下倒好 他居然事先知情?
If we know this, Stern knows this.
我们知道了 Stern肯定也知道了
That's a happy thought.
真是想得太美了
That's me, Mr. Cheer.
我就是快乐先生
It makes Clay's questioning tomorrow that much more important.
这样一来 Clay明天的质询就尤为重要
Which brings up another problem.
还有一个大♥麻♥烦
Julius was handling questioning.
这部分是Julius负责的
Why is that a problem?
这有什么问题?
Maybe Cary should take it.
或者让Cary来接手吧
No When Alicia
不 换Alicia
She can get in Stern's face more effectively.
她能更迅速有力地击溃Stern
The fact is, you know something about Stern no one else knows.
其实 你有Stern不为人知的软肋
I can't use it, Kalinda.
我不能利用这点 Kalinda
You can't not use it.
你不得不用
It violates attorney-client privilege.
这违反了律师当事人保密协议啊
Only if you tell someone, so don't tell someone.
除非你告诉其他人 所以就别说
All right, see you, then.
那好 再见吧
I want you to meet Bishop Grayson.
我建议你去见见Grayson主教
Mom. He's a nice Episcopalian priest.
妈 他是名优秀的圣公会牧师
He will help you put this religion stuff into perspective.
他会帮你把信教这件事带入正轨的
It is in perspective.
现在就在正轨上啊
That's not perspective.
这算哪门子正轨
This is about Alicia,
这都跟Alicia有关是吧?
isn't it? No, it's not. It's about me. And I need a change.
不是 没有啦 是我自己 我需要改变一下
You don't, Peter.
不 没必要Peter
You are a good man.
你是个好人
You want to blame yourself.
你要为某些行为自省
But you apologized.
但你已经道过谦了
You apologized again, and again.
而且还一而再再而叁地道歉
Anybody who wants another apology from you only wants you to be weak.
现在任何想要你 再道歉的人不过是希望你变弱
So stop this. Stop this now.
所以适可而止 马上停止
My son will not be made weak.
我的儿子不会被击溃的
You are one scary mom.
你不愧是个厉害的妈啊
And you are a good son.
那当然 你也是个好儿子
Mrs. Sanborn
Sanborn太太起誓声称
stated under oath that it was your decision to have the cartoon depict the Prophet Muhammad.
把漫画改换成先知默♥罕♥默♥德♥是你的主意
That's untrue.
一派胡言
The cartoonist contacted me with that idea.
那是我和漫画家商议的结果
It was your decision to run the cartoon, Mr. Clay. Why did you?
但仍是由你最终拍板使用这副漫画 Clay先生 你为什么这样做?
'Cause it was newsworthy.
因为这具有新闻价值
It wasn't sensational.
这也并非哗众取宠
And this is America... we can handle it.
这里是美国 我们能够承受
Thank you.
多谢
Mr. Clay, what is The Naked Columnist?
Clay先生 "裸体专栏作家"是什么?
An advice columnist in my paper
我的报纸里被设定为公开回答
who supposedly answers questions in the nude.
各项提问的一名指导专栏作者
And that is newsworthy. That's not sensational.
这可是有新闻价值的 并非哗众取宠哦
It is not on the front page.
这又不是在头版的
And this is America. We can handle it.
这里是美国 我们能够承受
The Naked... Columnist.
裸体...专栏作者
There's room for entertainment in every paper.
每份报纸都应该有娱乐的空间吧
A lot of room, apparently.
你们显然有很多啊
You devoted 10,000 column inches
你去年可是给了裸体专栏
to The Naked Columnist last year.
1万栏寸的版面啊
Do you know how many you devoted to Iraq?
你知道自己只给了伊♥拉♥克♥多少版面吗?
I'm battling Internet competitors, sir.
我还要和网络竞争呢 先生
Competitors who are willing to give away their product for free.
网络新闻可都是分文不取的
Mr. Clay, are you aware that the police now believe
Clay先生 你知不知道警方目前
that this bombing was an inside job?
有证据证明爆♥炸♥是内部人员所为?
Objection! Not in evidence. Yes.
反对! 无事实依据
Your Honor, this is plaintiff's exhibit N...
当然有 法官大人 这是原告出示的证据
the police report...
即警方报告...
filed... yesterday morning.
昨天早上...正式发布的
Mr. Clay, you don't know anything about this, do you?
Clay先生 你对此还毫不知情吧?
Objection! Argumentative.
反对! 争论性问题
It's a simple leading question.
法官大人 这不过 是个简单的诱导发问罢了
Overruled. You may answer.
反对无效 你需要回答
I'm sorry, what was the question?
抱歉 你问的是什么?
The question was...
我问的是...
The police now believe that the bombing was an inside job, that the bomb
警方目前认定爆♥炸♥是内部人员所为
was hoisted up through a dumbwaiter.
炸♥弹♥是通过升降机上升而引爆的
Objection! Again. Not in evidence.
再次反对! 无事实依据
It is in the investigative report.
在调查报告里有提到啊
This report merely states
这份调查报告仅仅提到
that it appears a bomb was planted from inside.
炸♥弹♥可能是从内部植入的
It doesn't say anything specifically about dumbwaiters.
也没有明确提到任何有关升降梯的
We ask that statement be stricken from the record.
我们要求将其从报告中删除
Is that really necessary, Mrs. Florrick?
真的有必要这样吗 Florrick女士?
Overruled.
反对无效
Thank you, Your Honor.
多谢 法官大人
Where was I?
我说到哪儿了?
Right, right. umbwaiter, employees.
恩对对 升降梯 雇员
So, Mr. Clay, have any of the employees
那Clay先生 你的雇员中是否有人
approached you about any threats.
向你提起过他可能受到的威胁等...?
Objection. Overly vague. Mrs. Florrick.
反对 过分含糊其辞
Mrs. Florrick.
Florrick女士
You're right. Withdrawn, Your Honor.
好吧 我撤回 法官大人
You may proceed, Mr. Stern.
你继续 Stern先生
Yes. Thank you, Your Honor.
好 多谢 法官大人
One moment.
等一下
Mr. Stern? Yes. Just one moment. Thank you.
Stern先生? 好了 请等一下 谢谢
Inside job. The threat.
内部人员作案 那个威胁 威胁
A threat. The documents.
Stern先生 档案 不
Do you have any further questions?
对这名证人还有问题吗?
Damn it, give me a minute!
去你的 等会儿会死啊!
I am sorry, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官大人 我...
I Just...
我只不过...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表