Pastor Isaiah.
因为Isaiah牧师
What's going on?
怎么了?
Exactly what we wanted.
正是我们需要的
Spiritual guidance.
精神导师
What we wanted was a photo op.
我们要的是照片啊
And we'll get that, eventually.
对 我们最终是会得到的
And in the meantime?
而同时呢?
Peter's listening.
Peter要聆听教诲
I'm not liking the sound of this.
我怎么觉得大事不妙啊
In large,
大肆滥用就会上瘾
it's addictive. Talk to him.
不是Peter 是Isaiah教士
Pastor Isaiah, and I'll tell you what,
是Isaiah牧师 我看
why don't you talk to him?
不如你跟他去谈吧
You'd be better.
你说不是挺好的
Eli, aren't we living in a post-racial world these days?
Eli 你不是一直声称 我们现在已经处于后种族时代了吗?
Okay, I'll do it.
好吧 我来
Won't this be entertaining.
真不招人待见
I am incredibly sympathetic.
我这个人极富同情心
I can't even imagine the stress Kate must be under.
对Kate现在所面临的压力我感同身受
But a risky,
但我还是没法赞同
medically-unnecessary surgery is not the answer.
一项很冒险的且并不必须的手术
To be fair, you are a claims manager,
首先澄清 你只是个保险理赔经理
not a medical professional.
并不是医疗专业人士
retired doctors who are contracted
和有能力评估医疗记录的退休医师
to evaluate medical records and make a determination.
共同来做出决定
And what was the consultant's determination here?
那得出的结论是?
A fetal surgery is not considered medically necessary
当有尝试和实验的选择时 对腹中胎儿实施手术
when there is a tried and tested alternative,
不划入医疗意义上必须手术的范畴
as is waiting until the baby's born.
一切必须等到婴儿出生以后
No further questions, Ms. Pomeroy.
我问完了Pomeroy女士
I know this was hard for you,
我知道你很难过
and your sympathy really goes out to this couple.
你是真心同情这对夫妇的
So...
那...
as soon as Kate has the baby...
只要Kate一生下这孩子
if she has the baby,
前提是她能够生下来
you'll pay for the surgery, correct?
你们就会为手术买♥♥单 对吗?
Yes, that's correct.
说得没错
It's covered for a baby that's born?
只有出生的孩子才能得到保险?
Right.
是的
In utero surgery for spina bifida, 23 weeks.
这是Spina Bifida 在怀孕23周时实施的手术时照片
So as far as Life State's concerned,
就国安人寿公♥司♥的理解来看
this isn't a baby.
这不能算是一个孩子
This isn't someone who qualifies for surgery.
它没有资格获得手术保险
This, according to your denial letter,
根据你们的拒绝函显示
is a pregnancy complication not covered.
这只是一次无法进保的妊娠并发症
Is that correct? policy language is relevant here.
反对无效 合同条款用词值得推敲
Unfortunately, that's right.
很不幸 你说得没错
No further questions.
我问完了
I'm a new mother myself,
我也是刚当上妈的人
I know how exciting and overwhelming it is
我了解这是多么令人欣喜 受宠若惊
and how important it is to guard your health.
当然维护自身健康也是极其重要的
I get it.
Nyholm女士 行了
You're a mom, we're impressed.
你当妈了 我们都知道了
Can we move this along now?
继续办案好不好?
Yes, Your Honor.
没问题 法官大人
Mrs. Willoughby,
Willoughby太太
do you understand the risks of a surgery
你是否清楚打开腹腔
that would involve cutting you open to reach your uterus?
进行子♥宫♥手术所存在的危险性?
Cutting open your baby to insert a balloon catheter into its heart?
还包括在宝宝的心脏插入气囊式导管?
To save his life.
一切都是为了救他性命
You forgot that part.
你忘了这点
His life, that's right.
他的性命 没错
Because this is a life we're talking about.
他是有生命的
Isn't it?
对吧?
Mrs. Willoughby, what do you do for a living?
Willoughby太太 你是干什么的?
I'm a community organizer.
我是社区干事
Which involves?
也就是?
Grass roots efforts towards,
搜集基层公民♥意♥见
social change protecting civil rights.
应对制度改变从而维护公民权益
In fact, you spent the last five years
事实上 过去五年来
advocating for abortion rights, didn't you?
你一直致力于堕胎合法化活动 对吗?
I lobbied for women's reproductive rights, in general.
宽泛地说 我游说妇女应有生殖权力
You spent years fighting to ensure that a fetus
你花费数年时间力争
at this stage could be aborted legally.
这个阶段的胎儿是能够合法被引产的
Fighting to ensure that there was a choice.
只是力争多一个选择权
And now that you're the one with a fetus at 23 weeks,
现在你自己成了故事的主角
you argue that it should be considered a baby...
你却坚持这胚胎已经是一条生命了
In fact, it is a life worth saving...
其实说到底 这确实是值得拯救的生命
In fact, your baby deserves the most cutting-edge,
因为是你的孩子 所以才需要最紧急的
extreme life-saving measures possible.
可能最极端的救命方法
Yes
没错
This is my child.
这是我的孩子
Of course, he deserves anything.
他当然能享尽一切
And you can live with that hypocrisy?
你做人怎么能那么虚伪假善?
Objection!
反对!
Badgering the witness.
羞辱证人
Sustained.
反对有效
How you doing?
怎么样?
I don't know.
我也不知道
I guess I've been better.
我搞砸了
You did well.
你没做错
They're worried Patti pued it too far.
他们担心Patti逼得太紧
It's hard to read this judge,
我们很难猜透法官的心思
but I think we have a fighting chance.
但还是有机会的争取一下
If we lose?
要是我们输了?
Then what?
那怎么办?
What do you mean?
你指什么?
What are our options?
我们其他选择是什么?
Let's not worry about that now.
先别想这些了
Dr. Forrest, dial 113, please.
Forrest医生 请呼叫113号♥
Dr. Forrest, please dial 113.
Forrest医生 请呼叫113号♥
We can't drop our class action.
我们不能撤销集体起诉
I know.
我明白
There are 68 other couples just like them.
还有68对像他们一样的夫妇
Yes, it's about the firm, too.
没错 这也是对公♥司♥情况的考量
But we can't drop the class action.
总之我们不能撤诉
I understand.
了解
Don't you like this?
真是有意思啊
Being a lawyer.
做这样一种律师
Isn't it fun?
其乐无穷啊
It has its moments.
总有起起落落的
I can't tell which way he'll rule.
我不知道他会怎么判决
Hold on, hold on.
等下 来
We're good.
有希望
Damn it.
抱歉 糟糕
Your Honor, I'm sorry.
法官大人 抱歉
I need to raise a quick issue, if you don't mind.
如果你不介意 我有个快速提议
I'm ready to rule, Ms. Nyholm.
我已经准备判决了 Nyholm女士
Your Honor, but everything about this emergency court
法官大人 但发生在紧急法庭的
has been rushed and unorthodox, and something
这一切都匆匆忙忙 不甚正统
has been brought to our attention
直到刚才最后十分钟
in the last ten minutes.
我们又发现了一个疑点
What's she doing? Quickly, Ms. Nyholm.
快点 Nyholm女士 她在干嘛?
of the Willoughbys' policy application,
Willoughbys一家的申请文件
and I'm afraid we've uncovered some deal-changing issues.
我们发现了一些至关重要的问题
Come on.
哦 拜托
Yes, Mr. Gardner.
事实就是如此 Gardner先生
When we began these proceedings,
我们在检查文件过程中
I didn't expect Mr. Willoughby to misrepresent his medical history.
发现Willoughby先生谎报了他的病例
What? Sit down. Sit down.
什么?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表