Objection! Please, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人!
Approach the bench.
没个说法吗? 拜托 法官大人
Get me all references
上来一下 找到Ray的证词里
to secondary prescriptions in Ray's deposition.
所有关于第二张处方的引用
Right.
好的
I need you to look into this.
Kalinda 查一下这个
What are you saying? Someone's bribing a juror?
你什么意思 有人贿赂陪审员?
I'm not saying anything. I just found it.
我没下结论 我才发现这个
This could be anything.
这个的可能性太多了
A seating chart for a garden party,
游园会的座位表
a football lineup.
橄榄球阵型
With 12 linemen?
12人橄榄球? (橄榄球每队为11人)
What's that?
那是什么?
We'd talk to the hostess,
就是它
see if anyone from the court eats here regularly.
问问老板娘 看有没有某个法庭成员是这的常客
No, we should take a deep breath, show this to Diane...
不 我们应该冷静一下 把这个给Diane...
... Only spot in Chicago not full of yuppies.
...这是全芝加哥 唯一没被新新人类占领的地方了
been coming here three times a week...
我每星期要来3次...
I don't think we need to talk to the hostess.
看来不需要问老板娘了
I come here so often, I asked them to name a sandwich after me.
我光顾频率这么高 想让他们用我的名字命名一种三明治
Waitress looked me dead in the eye and said, "we don't serve ham."
结果那服务员无奈的看着我说 "我们不卖♥♥汉堡"
It could be anything. It could be just a doodle.
可能就是有人随手画的
We don't know.
我们无法确定
And you found it in our depositions?
你在证言箱里发现的?
Yes, but it could have been on the floor and stuck to one.
嗯 也有可能本来在地板上 不小心粘上去的
We just thought it should be brought to your attention.
但我觉得这事值得引起注意
Remember last year? Yep.
记得去年的事吗? 没错
Was McCloon ever cleared of that?
McCloon一直没摆脱这事吧?
It's still up for review.
还在审查呢
So you think we should... what?
那你认为我们应该...?
Don't go to the judge.
别去找法官
It makes no sense. How does it end up in our depos?
太莫名其妙了 怎么会在我们的证言箱中出现
McCloon sticks it in there. He wants a mistrial,
McCloon粘在上面的
He wants us to go to the judge and request it.
他想要无效审判 但需要我们去跟法官说
Or he's just screwing with your head.
或者他只是想打乱你的计划
There's another possibility.
还有另一个可能性
他们队里有个年轻的红发同事
.
她今天早上来自我介绍
Said she worked as a paralegal here last summer.
说自己去年夏天在这儿当律师助理
So, what, McCloon has a whistle-blower in his midst?
你是说McCloon队里有人告密?
Young, idealistic junior associate sees something wrong,
不谙世事的年轻律师发现了这样的勾当
feels bad about it, slips us a warning in our depos. I could see that.
觉得有悖道德 就在证言箱里塞个提醒 我觉得很有可能
Okay, this is what we do.
好吧 我们这样
We do our homework and look into juror number two.
做好该做的事 同时查一下2号♥陪审员
And juror number 11.
还有11号♥
Or juror number 11.
对 也有可能是11号♥
We go to the judge if we have anything.
查出什么的话就去告诉法官
You don't want a mistrial, right?
你可不想要无效审判 对吧?
No. Ray was good on the stand. The jury liked him.
当然 Ray表现的很好 陪审团爱死他了
And McCloon's defense seems to be a variation on holding his breath and threatening to turn blue.
McCloon的辩护也不过是在 屏住呼吸和把自己憋死之间徘徊
This trial is sounding more and more fun.
这审判真是越来越有趣了
Let's see if you got a bad juror on your hands.
看看能不能抓个腐♥败♥的陪审员
Put in for an alternate. kay. I'll put Kalinda and Cary on it.
作为备选方案 好的 我让Kalinda和Cary去查
Excuse me... but I'd like to do this.
不好意思... 我想做这件事
Okay.
好的
Juror number two is Marilyn Wolk, a hairdresser from South Bridgeport.
2号♥陪审员叫Marilyn Wolk 来自南桥港的理发师
We scored her an 85 positive on our bias scale,
她在偏向测试中 她的正偏值85
One of the highest scores we've given,
历史最高分
so we believe she's firmly in your camp.
所以她肯定不会倒戈
Now, I know that you pay me only to help select jurors,
我知道自己的工作只是选陪审员
but if I knew what you were after,
但我要知道你们在查什么
I could offer further consultation.
我就能做进一步鉴定了
No. This is good. Keep going.
不用 这样挺好 请继续
Uh, juror number 11 is Calvin Tober.
11号♥陪审员是Calvin Tober
He's a grad student in comparative history.
比较史学专业毕业
We scored him only a 62% positive on our bias scale...
他的正偏向值只有62%
within the range of acceptability,
而且误差在可接受的范围
but we like him.
不过我们蛮喜欢他的
Being African-American, he's more prone to mistrust authority.
身为非裔美国人 他不盲从于权威
He's intelligent, but not to the point of overcoming bias.
他虽聪明 但很难克服偏见
Not like Asians or Mexicans.
不像亚裔和墨西哥裔
We talk in racial stereotypes because you pay us to,
调查种族偏见是因为 你们付钱请我们的
and we find racial profiling works.
我们也发现了种族定性的问题
But if I'm not needed...
如果不需要我的话...
You're not needed.
我们不需要你
Thank you.
谢谢
You've got issues?
你有意见?
Paying her $100,000 for three months of high school-level psychology...
三个月付她10万美元 就那点高中心理课水平
Yeah, I guess I do have issues.
是 我的确有意见
Okay. So, what are we thinking?
好吧 接下来我们怎么办?
Wolk worked as a rent-a-chair hair stylist, right?
Wolk是在沙龙拿提成的发型师 是不?
Which means she only gets paid when she actually has a customer.
也就是说她揽到了顾客才有钱拿
She could have claimed financial hardship and ducked jury duty.
她本可声称经济困难 拒绝当义务陪审员
So why didn't she?
为什么她没呢?
Civic duty?
履行公民义务?
Jury tampering pays better.
收贿赂 钱来的比较多
Okay. But let's look into both.
好吧 但俩人都得调查下
Okay.
好
Hi. I hate to trouble you,
不好意思
but I'm from the next building over
我是隔壁那栋的
and the delivery man left this at my door by mistake.
邮递员把这个误投到我家了
Is there a Mr. Tober in the building?
有叫Tober先生的住这吗?
Hi. I'm sorry to bother you.
不好意思打搅了
My name's Kalinda, and my husband and I were thinking of buying a home in the area.
我叫Kalinda 我和老公打算在这买♥♥♥房♥♥子
I can always come back later, if you know what time he gets home.
他什么时候回家呢 我可以那会儿再来
We're interested in the preschool around the corner
我们对街角的幼儿园很感兴趣...
and or anyone else in his family.
他家还有别的人不
wanted to get a sense of the neighborhood.
我只想对四邻多了解下
Tober, I think his name is.
他应该是叫 Tober
Usually, I don't like black people much, but he seems nice.
我不喜欢黑人的 但他人貌似还不错
They're the Wolks.
那就是Wolks家
She's a hairdresser.
她是美发师
And he's... actually, I think he's out of work.
还有他...我想失业了吧
Oh,
噢 真可惜
I'm so sorry to hear that. Hard times, isn't it?
经济危机惹的啊 是不? 是的
But their house is so lovely.
不过他们的房♥子好漂亮
Looks like they put a lot into it.
估计投进去了很多钱
Storm windows in front
前面的风雪护窗
and air-conditioning...
还有那空调...
they bought a car, too.
他们还是有车族呢
Guess they came into some money.
想必他们发了一笔
Hey, there he is now.
看 那就是他
That's the husband... Derek.
她老公 Derek
Oh, gosh! I'm sorry. I forgot...
天呐 真对不起 我忘了...
I have to meet the realtor.
和房♥屋中介约好了
Thanks so much for your time.
谢谢你和我聊这么久
Objection, Your Honor. Is this really necessary?
反对 法官大人 真有必要吗?
The Demorys are seeking damages for loss of consortium, Your Honor.
法官大人 Demory夫妇正在就 丧失"配偶权"要求赔偿
The jury needs to understand that loss.
陪审团有必要了解丧失了什么
Counsel, the term "consortium,"
辩护律师... 阁下 "配偶权"这个术语
is not limited.
不限于... 我懂那个术语
I know what consortium means.
"配偶权"的意思是... 双方律师 请注意
Please, I have prided myself in not using my gavel once in my 30 years on the bench...
在我三十年法官生涯中从没捶过法槌 这让我很骄傲...
What's going on?
搞什么? 但是你们正逼我重新考量...
What?
怎么了? Lockhart女士 听着
I just... overruled.
呃...反对无效
Ka-ching.
好耶
I heard you were on some hush-hush project. What is it?
听说你接了个秘密任务 是什么呀?
It's hush-hush.
是秘密
Mrs. Demory,
Demory夫人
before your husband's stroke,
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表