We need an answer now, or we walk.
答案必须现在给我们 要不然我们就走了
Then walk.
那你们走吧
Let them go.
让他们走就行 David
Don't take out your aggressions on this.
Alicia 这事儿上你可别意气用事
It's insulting, $140,000 a year.
一年14万简直就是侮辱
David, look, if we get an agreement now,
David 听着 如果咱们现在达成协议
we can go up to $180,000, but that exhausts our cushion.
价码可以涨到18万 但这也是我们的最大让步了
Nope, sorry. Let's take the weekend.
不行 抱歉了 周末之后再谈吧
Alicia, wait.
Alicia 等等
Help me out with this. I want this to work.
给我个面子嘛 我希望咱们能达成和解
$300,000.
30万 很猛很强大
Nicely played. Thank you. How you doing, Caroline?
谢谢 你感觉怎么样 Caroline?
I'm fine... Soon as I go home and have a big bag of mint milanos.
我还行... 只要让我回家尽情的吃些薄荷米兰饼
I thought I was completely over him.
唉 还以为我已经对他没有感觉了呢
If you could put in a good word for me with Will and Diane.
John 拜托你在 Will和Diane面前替我美言几句
They're deciding on junior associates this week.
他们本周要决定初级律师人选了
I mean, the thing is,
我个人是很欣赏Alicia的
I like Alicia. I think she's doing really well,
她家里出了这么多乱子
given all her problems at home, you know?
她还这么出色实属不易
It's not really ageism to ask
她确实已经没有几年 大好青春可以扑在事业上了
how many more good working years does anyone have left.
这可不是年龄歧视哦
That just makes good sense.
事实就是如此嘛
Sorry, Your Honor. An important call.
抱歉 法官大人 这是个重要的电♥话♥ 我的委托人
My client... Then let me answer it for you.
那让我来接
Anybody else?
还有谁?
Good.
很好
Then I understand we've reached an agreement.
我的规矩你们应该都清楚了
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
Mrs. Wilder has acquiesced to a divorce.
Wilder太太已经默许离婚请求
We have a signed divorce agreement.
这是签署好的离婚协议书
And Mr. Wilder... Where is he?
那Wilder先生人呢?
I'm sorry, Your Honor. My guess is...
抱歉 法官大人
that was in fact Mr. Wilder calling.
我想刚才 那个电♥话♥正是Wilder先生打来的
Then it's unfortunate you didn't answer it before court, counselor.
你没能在开庭前 接到电♥话♥真是不幸 律师先生
If I could ask for a 30-minute recess, Your Honor,
我申请休庭半小时 法官大人
to ascertain Mr. Wilder's whereabouts.
这样我才能查明Wilder先生的行踪
We have no problem with that, Your Honor.
我们对此没有意见 法官大人
Mr. Kreutzer,
Kreutzer先生 在法庭上
in my courtroom, the people's time will be respected, even by rock stars.
谁也不能浪费大家的时间 就算摇滚巨星也不例外
You have five minutes to locate him.
给你五分钟找到他
Five minutes!
就五分钟!
What happened?
出什么事了?
Max Wilder was just in a motorcycle accident.
Max Wilder刚才出了摩托车祸
Is-is he all right?
他没事吧?
No, he's in a coma. Can you believe it?
他现在处于昏迷中 难以置信吧
Kreutzer's gonna have a fit.
Kreutzer这下麻烦可大了
Margie... Shh, just listen.
这样Margie 嘘 你听好
You made notes on the Wilder prenup.
你之前研究过Wilder的婚前协议
What does it say on power of attorney?
委托书上怎么写的?
She could get half.
她能分到一半
Yep. If he stays in a coma, $40 million estate.
没错 要是他持续昏迷 那可就是四千万的资产啊
Margie, you're killing me.
Margie 怎么那么磨蹭
you're killing me.
先帮她弄到那笔巨款再说
Margie, now!
Margie 快点!
We're good. We're good.
成功了 行了
What did you do?
你这是干嘛?
Your Honor, we already have a divorce agreement.
法官大人 我们已经签署了离婚协议
It's not signed. Not properly.
还没签署 还没有完整签署好的
'cause you took a page! Stop it, both of you.
你撕掉了一页 你们俩都闭嘴
Where's Mr. Wilder?
Wilder先生人呢?
He was in an accident, Your Honor.
他出了车祸 法官大人
bHe's in a coma, ut the divorce is done.
他现处于昏迷之中 但婚已经离完了
Your Honor, in our rush to get to the court on time,
法官大人 我们为了赶着准时出庭
I'm afraid we may have overlkeked
对于离婚协议的最后一页
the very last page of
可能有些疏漏
the divorce agreement.
David 拜托! 别吵了!
You don't understand. This just turned into a $40 million divorce.
你不明白 这一瞬间转变成了 一宗涉及四千万美金的离婚案
No, it's just me and Alicia. I need troops.
没 只有我和Alicia 我们需要更多人手
On their way, and I'll take litigation.
马上就来 这案子由我来接手
Max Wilder was just in a motorcycle accident. He's in a coma.
Max Wilder刚出了摩托车祸 现正处于昏迷之中
You're kidding. No.
开玩笑吧 千真万确
And our client
要是他一直处于昏迷状态
controls his $40 million estate if he stays in a coma.
我们的委托人就能支配他那四千万
Here's the rub.
麻烦的地方来了
David's looking at the will.
David正在研究遗嘱
Our guess is he wrote our client out.
他多半将我们的委托人 排除在继承范围外 这样他一死
So if he dies... She gets nothing. Just the prenup.
她就一无所有了 这只是婚期协议
So we're cheering for him to stay in a coma?
所以我们得盼望他一直昏迷下去?
Effectively.
正是
We're like ghouls.
我们简直像食尸鬼一样
As long as we're solvent ghouls.
我们现在只求能尽快还清债务
What do you think of Vernon Jordan?
哦 你觉得Vernon Jordan怎么样?
What do I think of Vernon Jordan?
我觉得Vernon Jordan怎么样?
As a third partner.
没错 作为第三方合作者
Is that a possibility?
哦 我...这有可能吗?
He's been sniffing around us, looking for an opening into Chicago.
他一直关注着我们 亟待进驻芝加哥市场的良机
That would be... A lifesaver.
哦 那可真是 救了燃眉之急了
We wouldn't have to make cuts.
我们也不需要裁员了
I'll try to set up a meeting.
我去安排和他见面
Give me more putake
支持对我来说多多益善
Cary?
Cary?
I need you on the Wilder divorce. It became important.
你也加入Wilder离婚案 这案子一下子变得重要了
Yeah, sure, sure. Anything.
嗯 好 什么都行
I'll head off right away.
我马上就去
I didn't say anything.
我可什么都没说
My god.
哦 我的天啊
They say he just swerved into oncoming traffic.
他们说他就那样 突然转向了迎面而来的车流
I always hated that thing.
我一直就不喜欢这样
Alicia, this is Jay Van Zandt.
Alicia 这是Jay Van Zandt
Max's manager. Alicia's my lawyer.
Max的经纪人 Alicia是我的律师
I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be here.
我或许不该来的
He talked about you, Caroline, just last week.
他上星期还提到了你呢Caroline
No, he didn't. Don't try to make me feel better.
少骗人了 别安慰我了
He looks so...
他看起来多么
3.4 million in Kauai.
考爱岛有340万资产
5.5 million of the properties in Chicago.
芝加哥这边有550万资产
You can't use your cell phone in here.
你不能在这里使用手♥机♥
You know that's a myth, right?
兹事体大你知道的对吧? 医生呢?
Where's the doctor? He's in with mrs. Wilder.
他和Wilder太太在一起
Mrs...?!
太太?!
The helmet protected the frontal and temporal bone,
头盔保护了额骨和颞骨
but the base snapped back,
但头盔的底部反弹回来
causing severe trauma to the cerebellum.
造成小脑的严重损伤
We've stopped the bleeding, but...
我们虽然止住了出血 但...
I'm sorry. It's a subdural hematoma.
真抱歉 这是硬脑膜下血肿
Which means...?
什么意思?
Your husband is effectively brain dead.
Wilder太太 你先生实际已经脑死亡了 很抱歉
I'm sorry. But not dead dead?
但还没死透对吗?
He
他
Excuse me?
抱歉 你们是? 我才是他妻子
I'm his wife. You divorced him.
你和他离婚了 还没有
Effectively, yes.
事实上 是的
Doctor, I look at contracts all day long,
医生 我整天研究合同
and when I see the word "effectively", I know it means "no."
我看到"实际上"就知道意味着"不"
Medicine, is not a contract.
先生 医学不仅仅是一纸合约
With this loss of brain tissue, there's
他的大脑组织受损如此之严重
a one-in-a-million likelihood he would revive.
他只有百万分之一的机会能苏醒
But a million-to-one means life.
但百万分之一也是生的希望啊
And life needs to be cherished and treasured.
我们应该珍惜和重视生命
What other value do we hold higher?
还有什么比这更重要的呢?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表