Sir, the only thing that's keeping Mr. Wilder alive is a machine.
先生 Wilder现在 仅靠一台机器维持生命
In essence, he's already dead.
本质上 他已经死了
Doctor? Do you have another assessment?
医生? 你是不是有不同观点?
No
没有
I had a patient. He fell off a ladder in 1988,
我以前有过一个病人 他1988年从梯子上摔了下去
and he ended up in a persistent vegetative state.
就此变成了永久植物人状态
I made the same speech that I just heard in there.
我当时也说了你刚才所听到的那番话
And then, 21 years later, he just woke up.
但21年后 他就这么醒了
I don't know any other way to say it.
我也不知道要怎么说
He woke up from a 21-year sleep.
他就从那一次21年的长眠中苏醒了
He was a one-in-a-million shot.
他就是那百万分之一
And, yes, science and medicine deal in repeatable phenomena,
没错 科技和医学是能解释重复出现的现象
and not this.
但这仍是未解之谜
But I don't make that speech anymore.
但从此我再也不下类似的定论了
Shaina has filed a petition for legal guardianship,
Shaina已经上诉申请合法监护权了
so she can unplug Max.
这样一来她就有权 拔掉维持Max生命的仪器
She can file all she wants. Wife trumps girlfriend.
她想申请什么都行 妻子胜过女友
My guess is Kreutzer argues intent.
我想Kreutzer 一定会抓住意图这点不放
Both Max Wilder and Caroline initialed all
Max Wilder 和Caroline两人都签署了
but the last missing page of a divorce settlement.
除了最后一页 之外所有的离婚协议文件
Good job, by the way, Alicia.
顺便说一下 Alicia干得漂亮
When are we in court again? Tomorrow.
什么时候再开庭? 明天
Should we talk about negotiating with Shaina?
我们要不要试着和Shaina协商一下?
Caroline can live with 1/2 the estate.
Caroline能接受获得一般财产的
You're kidding?
你开什么玩笑?
This is a gold digger who wants to steal from our client.
这可是个以色骗财的女人 想方设法要从我们的委托人手里抢钱
I say we go in whole hog, we protect our client.
我觉得我们应该 全力以赴保护委托人利益
And protect our future relationship with her.
还要保持我们和她之间 长远的良好合作关系
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
You have until Friday.
周五就是你的生死大日
I have...?
我的...?
No. I have two weeks.
不会啊 我还有两星期
Diane and Will decide between you and Cary on Friday.
周五Diane和Will就会 在你和Cary间做出抉择
Where did you hear that?
你从哪儿听说的?
Cary was going door to door with equity partners, lining up support.
Cary正挨个的找股东 寻求支持
He heard it from your assistant.
他从你们的助理那儿听说的
My guess is he's phoning in on accounts, loading up on receivables.
我估计他正在给赊款方打电♥话♥要应付款
How are you with Will?
你和Will怎么样了?
I don't know.
我不知道
What happened? I don't know.
发生什么了? 不知道
You do know. You just don't want to say.
你知道 只是不想说
Did you sleep with him?
你和他睡过了?
No
没有
That's the problem. You didn't do it.
问题就在这儿 你竟然没和他上♥床♥?
We talked.
没有 我们谈过心
We had... A moment.
有过一段...暧昧
And you shut it down? He did, too.
而你收手了? 他也收手了
OK
好吧
You have three problems.
你存在三个问题
Cary's a good finisher.
Cary完成任务能力很强
He got a head start.
已经先发制人
And Will is gonna work overtime to appear objective.
Will会加倍地表现公正
Unfairly objective.
不公平地公正
I'm... I'm just so tired of this.
我...只是对这事感到厌烦了
I know, but that's what people like Cary count on.
我知道 但那就是大家想让Cary抓住的
Talk to Diane.
和Diane谈谈
She wants to mentor, so ask her to mentor.
她想指点 那就要求她指点
It's a bad time to be a lawyer out there.
现在做律师挺难的
There's no jobs.
没有工作机会
I know.
我知道
Thank you, Kalinda, really.
谢谢你 Kalinda 真的很感谢
Thank you.
谢谢
So how did that Max Wilder info work out for you?
那个Max Wilder的信息对你有用没?
Well.
还好
What are you doing here, detective?
你在这儿做什么 警官?
I'm buying you a drink.
来请你喝一杯
I was 300 miles away,
我在 在300英里以外
at Baldy lake, fishing.
鲍尔迪湖 钓鱼
It was my day off.
休假
And for some reason, just out of the blue,
然后出于某种原因 意想不到地
I had this image of you.
脑海里浮现出你的身影
Don't ask me why.
别问我为什么
So I got in my car, and I drove back here.
所以我就坐上车 开回这里
I'm divorced.
我离婚了
I have a kid, Owen.
我有个孩子 叫Owen
He's six.
他六岁了
Am I boring you?
我让你觉得烦了?
Yes
没错
What am I doing wrong?
我做错什么了?
Is that your car?
那是你的车?
Yes
对
Get in it.
坐进去
Why?
为什么?
Now what?
现在干嘛?
300 miles?
300英里?
Seven hours.
七小时
We would respectfully submit,
法官大人 我们恭敬地提议
and the suspicious removal of the signed
和我们已签好的离婚协议 最后一页的可疑消失
last page of our divorce agreement, clearly,
很明显地
Max Wilder's intention was to be free of his ex-wife.
Max Wilder的意图是免除前妻对他的纠缠
Objection! Withdrawn. Free of the respondent.
反对! 撤回 是免除对他的指控
Your Honor, this is very simple.
法官大人 这件事非常简单
We're not even gonna get into
我们甚至都没有弄清楚
Shaina's motives in wanting to unplug Max.
Shaina要拔掉Max呼吸器的动机
Objection. Like I said, it isn't pertinent.
反对 正如我所说 那是不恰当的
Neither is the fact that she got him to change his will & leave her everything.
她要他改掉遗嘱 把一切都 留给她的事情也是不恰当的
Objection!
反对!
You gentleman see that there's no jury here, right?
你们都清楚这里不要恶意中伤 对吧?
My apologies, Your Honor.
我道歉 法官大人
In legal terms, wife trumps mistress.
从法律层面讲 妻子胜过情妇
Your Honor, we would like to introduce a new piece of evidence.
法官大人 我们想要出示一份新证据
Your Honor, this is Max Wilder Jr.
法官大人 这是小Max Wilder
Five months old.
五个月大
These are the results of his paternity test.
而这些是他的亲子鉴定结果
Shaina and Max have kept this child out of the public eye
Shaina和Max一直让这个孩子远离公共视野
for obvious reasons.
当然出于很明显的原因
OK
好吧
Let me see if I can sum this up.
让我看看能不能把这件事总结一下
I've got the fiance over here,
这边是未婚妻?
who also happens to be the mother of Mr. Wilder's Sole offspring.
就是Wilder先生独子的母亲
Your Honor, we would question
法官大人 我们要质疑这份亲子鉴定...
this paternity... And she... wants guardianship,
而她想要监护权
so that she can withdraw life support from Mr. Wilder,
于是她就可以撤走Wilder先生的生命维持器
in which case she inherits his entire fortune.
那样的话她就可以继承他整个遗产
Then, over here, I have the wife.
然后 这边是妻子
She wants to maintain Mr. Wilder's life support,
她想要保留Wilder先生的生命支持器
in which case she is free to spend his entire fortune.
那样的话她就可以任意花掉他的整个遗产
I don't think - It's fair to characterize... - Your Honor, we would argue atat...
呃 我认为这样描述不合适... 法官大人 我们要争论一下...
It's is
是的 是的!
Everybody has Mr. Wilder's best interest at heart, I'm sure.
我敢肯定 每个人都是从内心 为Wilder先生的最佳利益考虑
So here's what we're gonna do.
那这就是我们将要做的
The court is taking temporary guardianship of Mr. Wilder,
法庭会暂时肩负起 对Wilder先生的监护责任
and we will hear evidence on his wishes
而我们要听取他自身愿望的证据
regarding end-of-life decisions.
来作为临终决定
Please prepare briefs and testimony.
请准备简报和证词
We'll hear on it this afternoon.
在今天下午继续开庭
Let's get into Max's house.
去Max家里
Dig up anything, e-mails, songs, poems,
挖出任何你能找到的信息 邮件 歌♥曲 诗
anything that points to him valuing life.
所有能表明他珍惜生命的
Alicia...
Alicia...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表