我实际上是靠卖♥♥我的血以求生存
I literally sell my blood in order to get by,
如果我认为我得了肺炎
and if I thought that I had pneumonia
可能导致脓毒症和呼吸衰竭
that could lead to sepsis and respiratory failure,
如果不加以治疗 可能会是致命的
that could prove fatal if left untreated,
或者至少会让我八个星期不能工作
or at the very least, keep me out of work for eight weeks,
我肯定会接受X光检查和治疗
I would get the X-ray and the treatment.
当收到帐单时 我可以只付最低还款额
And when the bill came, I would pay the bare minimum.
如果它被送到收账代理商 我也会付给他们最低还款额
And if it went to the collection agencies, I would pay them the bare minimum too.
这可能是一个巨大的长♥期♥痛苦 但我还活着
And it might be a huge long pain in the ass, but I would be alive.
我到哪里去做胸部X光检查?
Where do I go for the chest X-ray?
(创伤室)
加快速度 伙计们 再快一点
Pick it up, guys. A little faster.
当我是总住院医时 你知道他们叫我什么?纳粹
You know what they call me when I was chief resident? The Nazi.
-这太不合适了 -没错
-That is wildly inappropriate. -Yes.
从许多层面上讲
On so many levels.
我并不是一个强硬的孩子 至少表面上看不出来
I mean, I wasn't a tough child, not in the obvious ways.
我一直很敏感 从高中
I was sensitive all through high school
到本科 再到医学院 当住院医
and undergrad and med school, so as a resident,
当总住院医 更是如此
and even more so as chief resident,
我想我必须要好好补偿一下
I thought I had to overcompensate
有一阵子 我成了一个 人们不怎么喜欢的人
and for a while, I became someone people didn't like very much.
然后你怎么办?
And what did you do?
我意识到我对自己的想法已经
Well, I realized that my idea of myself had come out of sync
与我所成为的人不再同步了
with who I had become.
施密特 你现在是总住院医
Schmitt, you are chief resident now.
你不再是一个弱者 你不该再那样看待自己了
You are no longer an underdog. It's time for you to stop seeing yourself that way.
你是说我不应该要求 实习生做得尽善尽美?
You're saying I shouldn't demand excellence from the interns?
我是说可以有很多方法
I'm saying there's many ways to do that.
最适合你的那个可能是 让你做自己的那个
The one that will work best for you is likely the one that lets you be you.
你说你想成为这个项目的阴♥道♥
You said you wanted to be the vagina of the program
因为阴♥道♥是如此强大
because vaginas are so strong.
阴♥道♥也带来快乐 它们带来欢乐 带来生命
Well, vaginas also bring pleasure, they bring joy, bring life.
你必须是整个阴♥道♥ 施密特 而不仅仅是肌肉
You gotta be the whole vagina, Schmitt, not just the muscle.
这就像我们在盯着一格一格的胶片
It's like we were staring at a single cell of film
来观看一部电影
and trying to watch a movie.
我们必须查看所有的扫描结果 以便看看它们是否说明了一个问题
We had to look at all the scans in order to see if they tell a story.
看这里 四到五
Okay, look here. Four to five.
在这里肠壁有轻微的增厚
There's a slight thickening in the cecal wall here.
对吗?然后六 七…
Yeah? And then six and seven...
不再有增厚 但有轻度脂肪串影
No more thickening but mild fat stranding.
对 然后八 九 十
Yeah, and then eight, nine, ten.
模式重新出现
The pattern reappears.
症状发作时好时坏
The flare-ups come and go,
但CT扫描只捕捉到某个时间点
but the CT scans only capture one moment in time.
现在我们的小♥电♥影♥ 讲了一个不同的故事
Now our little film tells a different story.
里面肯定有什么问题
There's gotta be something in there.
引起这些反应的外来物
A foreign object causing these reactions.
也许是一根鱼骨或一块软骨
Like a fish bone maybe or a piece of cartilage
没有好好消化?
that wasn't digested properly?
能告诉我为什么几小时前 我就让出院的病人
You wanna tell me why the patient I told you to discharge hours ago
现在还在急诊室吗?
is still stuck in my ER?
那她会没事的?
So, she's gonna be okay.
对 乔治娅表现得很不错
Yeah, Georgia did well under the circumstances
尽管是困难重重
against all odds.
但我们想和你谈谈骑牛的事
But we would like to speak with you about the bull riding.
我应该等我的丈夫
I should wait for my husband.
我们想和你单独谈一下
We'd like to have a minute with just you.
乔治娅的父亲 她的祖父 她的叔叔们
Georgia's father, her grandfather, her uncles,
他们都是冠军骑手
they are all champion riders.
但科迪从来不希望乔治娅靠近公牛
But Cody never wanted Georgia to go near a bull.
每年圣诞节 他都会送她一个娃娃屋
Every Christmas, he would give her a doll house,
芭蕾舞鞋 一个足球
ballet slippers, a soccer ball.
她不会碰它们
She wouldn't touch them.
她想要靴子 马刺 一个马鞍
She wanted boots, spurs. A saddle.
科迪认为当她第一次摔下来之后 她就会失去兴趣
Cody thought when she took her first spill, she'd lose interest.
当她因气管被压碎而卧床不起时 我们说“再也不要了〟
But when she got laid up with a crushed trachea, we said, "No more."
你猜怎么着?她不吃东西 不说话 无法入睡
And guess what? She wouldn't eat, wouldn't speak, couldn't sleep.
她眼中的光芒消失了
The light in her eyes was just gone.
继续这样下去很有可能会杀死她
To keep doing this will very likely kill her.
你以为我生命中的每一天 不为此担心吗?
You think I don't worry about that every single day of my life?
但要把她的梦想从她身边夺走?
But to take her dream away from her?
这肯定会杀了她
That would for sure kill her.
抱歉 我要去找我丈夫
Excuse me, I'm gonna go find my husband.
没有什么比养育孩子更难的了 但你必须是家长
Nothing is harder than parenting, but you have to be the parent.
那对你有效吗?
Would it have worked on you?
当你还是一个青少年时 沉迷于吸毒
When you were a teenager, doing hard drugs,
冒着生命危险 你母亲能阻止你吗?
risking your life, was your mom able to stop you?
我使用毒品 来掩盖我生活中一些非常真实的痛苦
I was using drugs to mask some very real pain in my life.
也许对乔治娅来说也是如此
Maybe it's the same for Georgia.
也许她正掩盖着内心的痛苦 因为她找到了自己真正的热情所在
Maybe she's masking the pain of having found her one true passion
却听到周围的人告诉她 追求它是自私的
and hearing everyone around her tell her that she is selfish for chasing it.
-不要 乔治娅 不要! -她把她的管子拉出来了
-Oh no. No, no, no. Georgia, no! -She's pulling her tube out.
提高氧气供应 并抽取动脉血气样本进行检测
Increase her O2 and draw an ABG.
嘿
Hey.
乔治娅 你没事的 吸一口气吧
Georgia, you're okay. Just take a breath.
乔治娅 冷静下来
Georgia, calm down.
我需要你戴上这个面罩 你的身体需要额外的氧气
I need you to put this mask on. Your body needs the additional oxygen.
以前也有过孩子自行拔管的情况 本能和肾上腺素开始起作用
I've had kids self-extubate before. Instinct and adrenaline kick in.
多久?需要多长时间?
How long? How long will it take?
你四到六周后可以站起来并行走
You will be be up and walking in four to six weeks.
骑牛
Ride.
乔治娅 回到竞技表演是一个错误
Georgia, going back to rodeo would be a mistake.
大多数人无法从皮尔斯医生 刚刚做的手术中幸存下来…
Most people do not survive the surgery that Dr. Pierce just did--
我不是大多数人!
I'm not most people!
如果我是一个男人 你会说同样的话吗?
Would you be saying the same thing if I was a guy?
乔治娅 我也不像大多数人那样
Georgia, I'm not like most people either.
我在你这个年龄时 也曾在某些方面非常出色
I was really good at something when I was your age too.
我跳级并赢得了奖项
I skipped grades and I won prizes
每个人都认为是我的父母在逼我
and everybody thought it was my parents that were pushing me.
但其实是我 是我想要的
But it was me, it was all me.
我明白你的目的 我明白你的激♥情♥
So I get your focus. I get your passion.
我完全理解在一个男性主导的世界中 作为女性的感受
And I certainly get what it's like to be a girl in an all guy's world.
也许有一天你会再次骑行
Maybe you'll ride again someday.
但几小时前 你差点死了或者瘫痪
But a few hours ago, you were almost dead and paralyzed.
不要再与我们对抗 让我们来拯救你未来的可能性
Stop fighting us and let us save the possibility of your future.
这里是回盲瓣
There's the ileocecal valve.
我希望我们没有 无缘无故地给病人插管子
I hope we didn't just put a tube into a patient for no reason.
远端回肠里是什么?
What's that in the distal ileum?
镜头向下和向左移♥动♥
Move the camera down and left.
那里!
There!
那是个…
Is that a...
牙签 该死的
Toothpick. I'll be damned.
它怎么没有在下咽的过程中 切割他的食管呢?
Oh, my God. How did it not shred his esophagus on the way down?
它穿透了肠道 然后落到肠壁上
Well, it perfed the bowel, then it impacted into the intestinal wall
在那里它躲过了扫描仪的雷达
where it hid from the scanner's radar.
亚当斯 什么计划?
Adams, what's the game plan?
使用内窥镜检查镊子 小心地把它取出来
Use the endoscopy forceps to fish it out carefully.
小心不要把它弄碎并留下任何东西
Being careful not to break it and leave a piece behind
那会导致日后的脓肿
that can cause an abscess later.
好 拿稳了
Okay. All right, hold it steady.
这会消除他所有的痛苦吗?
Will this take away all of his pain?
肯定会的
It absolutely will.
快到了
Almost there.
超赞的扑救 亚当斯
Incredible save, Adams.
超赞的扑救
Incredible save.
我有说过我的手 放在一颗真正跳动的心脏上?
Have I mentioned I had my hand on an actual beating heart?
只说了6次
Only about six times.
我听说你在某人的屁♥股♥里 发现了一根发夹什么的?
But, hey, I heard you found a bobby pin in some guy's ass or something?
也挺棒的?
So, also cool?
我说服了一个病人去做胸部X光检查
I convinced a patient to get a chest X-ray.
恭喜你 亚当斯 安田的这一天比你的更悲惨
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表