一直以来
And all my life
我都让家人失望透顶
I've been my family's biggest disappointment.
我还没有达到
I haven't lived up
任何人对Shepherd家族的期望
to anybody's expectations as a Shepherd.
所以我想看看 隐姓埋名后会怎样
So I thought I'd see what happens when I'm not one.
但现在 多亏了你的鲁莽
But now, thanks to your lack of discretion
大家都觉得我们有关系
everyone believes we're connected
不过是另一种的关系...
just in a different way...
这种说法确实令人困扰
a way that is admittedly disturbing
但这样偷梁换柱
but for this particular purpose
更好啊
better.
给你三天
You have three days.
如果你不说 我就会说
And then if you haven't told them, I will.
门诊什么时候开
So, when does the clinic open?
几天吧
A couple of days.
我已经在想怎么扩张了
I'm already thinking of how to expand.
我也想多尽力
I want to do more, too.
我...
I...
我应该多尽一份力
I have to do more.
会的 在洛杉矶也可以的
You will. From L. A.
不不
No. No.
我想去有人需要我的地方
I want to go to places where people need me.
像普尔曼那样的地方
Places like Pullman, you know?
我是说 我不能坐视不管
I mean, I can't just sit.
我拥有技术 我知道我可以有所作为
I have a unique set of skills. I know I can make a difference.
我...
I...
我想 我只需要看一看地图
Guess I just need to look at a map.
伊利诺伊州南部吧
Southern Illinois.
靠近密苏里州 阿肯色州
It's right near Missouri, Arkansas
田纳西州 肯塔基州 密西西比州...
Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi...
所有禁止堕胎的州
All states that have abortion bans.
预估有超14000名女性
They're expecting up to 14,000 women
会跨州寻求帮助
to cross state lines for care.
是吗 你怎么知道
Yeah? How do you know that?
因为我也想过这么做
'Cause I thought about doing it, too.
但我刚收养丧父的小女孩
But I got the baby girl who recently lost her father.
她需要我在家
So, she needs me at home.
但你嘛 你去吧
But you, though, you go.
你去向女性伸出援手
You go and give more women access to care.
我...
I just...
Susan的事...
Susan. It's just...
什么 好啦 别这么想
Wh... No... Okay. Stop.
你知道 在那样的情况下
You know you did everything you could for her
你尽力了
under the circumstances.
不 你...
No, you...
你当时需要合适的器械和供给
You needed the right tools, the right supplies.
需要超声检查仪器
You needed an ultrasound.
你还需要...
You needed...
什么
What?
手术反应时间
The PRT.
不是 好吧 我老公...
No. Okay. So, my husband...
他说服消防部门
he convinced the fire department
他需要车载手术室 但是...
that he needed this O. R. on wheels, but it...
好吧 市里拒绝了
Okay, the city sidelined it.
所以我们出资做了 现在...
So we helped fund it, and now it...
它却停在车♥库♥里积灰
it just sits in the motor pool collecting dust.
我能想到更好的用处了
Oh, I can think of a much better use for it.
你说你喜欢开车
You said you liked driving.
来吧
Come on.
经过足够的练习 医生能够学会
With enough practice, surgeons learn how and when
何时及如何变更手术方案
to pivot from standard operating procedures.
你喜欢龙虾卷吗
Well, do you like it, the lobster roll?
你知道吗 龙虾可以是黄色或蓝色
Did you know lobsters can be yellow or blue?
取决于它们的色素蛋白
It just depends on their pigment protein.
你在水族馆学到的吗
Did you learn that at the aquarium?
布鲁克林STEAM中心有海洋实验室
Brookline STEAM has a marine science lab.
经验能够让我们知晓
Experience gives us more context to know
什么时候需要更换方案
when we need a different approach.
给我们更多选择 去救助病人
It gives us more options to help our patients.
我看到你当时很开心
I saw you laughing.
我看到你在交朋友
I saw you making friends.
你为什么不喜欢那里呢
Why don't you like it there?
如果我们搬家了 我还是有恐慌发作呢
What if we move and I still have panic attacks?
或者我挂科了呢
Or I fail school?
不会的
You will not fail.
我们会继续你的治疗
And we are going to continue the therapy.
我们会白白离开西雅图的
We'll have left Seattle for nothing.
还得让你放弃工作
And you'll have given up your job.
Zola 让我来操心这事吧
Zola, let me worry about that.
这是我的职责
That's my job.
你管理着一家医院 大家都指望你呢
You run a hospital. People depend on you.
如果我告诉你 Jackson叔叔让我来波士顿工作
What if I told you Uncle Jackson offered me a job here in Boston
研究阿尔茨海默症的治愈方法呢
working on a cure for Alzheimer's?
如果...
What if...
如果我决定 不想当医生了呢
What if I decide I don't want to be a doctor?
那完全没问题
That's completely fine.
是吗 你不会失望吗
Really? You wouldn't be disappointed?
完全不会
Not at all.
你那么聪明 那么有创造力
You are so intelligent and so creative.
无论你做什么 都会发光发热
You are going to make your mark no matter what you do.
你真这么想吗
You think so?
我知道会那样的
I know so.
你会一直出类拔萃的
You have always been and will always be extraordinary.
所以要选布鲁克林STEAM中心吗
So, is it Brookline STEAM?
妈妈
Mom...
我喜欢这里
I love it here.
我想进机器人小组
I want to sign up for robotics team.
他们在麻省理工搞比赛
They do this competition at MIT
去年他们还拿冠军了
and last year they won first place.
我也想加入管弦乐队
And I want to be in the orchestra.
如果搬家了 我可以学大提琴吗
Can I please take cello lessons when we move?
可以啊
You can.
等咱们搬家了 你就去学吧
You can take cello lessons when we move.
一成不变的方法并不总是奏效的
One-size-fits-all solutions don't always work.
每个病人都不同
Every patient is different.
就像每个人都不一样
Just like every person is different.
面对人生重大决策时
We each have various factors to consider
我们都有着自己不同的考量
when facing life's big decisions.
所以我们收集信息
So we gather the facts.
分♥析♥选项
We analyze the options.
然后运用知识与经验
And we use our knowledge and experience...
去做正确的选择
...to make the choices that are right for us.
我加入
你们要搬来波士顿吗
我们要搬来波士顿了
医人当自强 第19季
第05集 穷极思变
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表