剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表
《追寻人生》前情提要
Previously on "Chasing life"...
我从未陷入爱情 以前从没有 直到现在
I've never been in love before. Or I hadn't, until now.
我也爱你
I love you too.
让我想到了你♥爸♥爸
It got me thinking about your father
我积压了很多愤怒
how I've been repressing a lot of anger.
很有害的东西
Really toxic stuff.
我觉得我们应该分手
I think we have to break up.
-我今晚能待在这里吗 -可以
- Could I stay here tonight? - Yeah.
你♥爸♥妈知道你在这吗
Do your parents even know you're here?
-不知道 -我最近
- Not exactly. - I've been getting along
和阿普丽尔相处得挺好 不想搞砸这关系
really well with April lately. I don't want to mess it up.
你真的要为什么女生准则而放弃吗
Are you really gonna let girl code keep you from something?
你在想什么呢 别担心
What are you thinking about? And don't worry,
夸我的话永远不嫌多
there's no such thing as flattering me too much.
我只是担心今天早上的员工会议
I'm just nervous about my staff meeting this morning.
你至少应该撒个慌
You could've at least lied.
主编人选要公布了
We're finding out who our new editor-in-chief is.
会不会是个噩梦
What if they're a total nightmare?
那我确定你可以迷得他把裤子脱掉
Well, then I'm sure you'll charm the pants off of him.
听说你很擅长
I hear you're quite good at that.
我父母每个秋季都会
So hey, um, my parents do this thing every fall
邀请一大帮朋友
where they invite a bunch of friends
到后院喝苹果酒 雕刻南瓜
over to drink cider and carve pumpkins in the backyard.
-真的吗 很有趣 -我知道
- Really? That's so charming. - I know.
像是唯一真正的
It's, like, the one genuine family tradition
亨德利家族的传统
the Hendries actually have.
总之 我妈妈问你能不能来
Anyway, my mom was wondering if you were coming,
因为她想多了解你
because she wants to get to know you better
撰写我们家报道
outside of you doing a story on our family
和彻夜陪伴昏迷的我之外的身份
and those all-night vigils you guys had over my comatose body.
我去 什么时间
I'm in. When is it?
这就是问题 是明天
That's the thing. It's tomorrow.
如果你赶不到
If you can't make it,
我们完全可以下次再和他们一起吃晚餐
we can just go to dinner with them some other time.
别这样 我很爱去
No, stop it. I would love to come.
-我爱刻南瓜 -你爱去
- I love carving pumpkins. - You'd love to come? Hm?
你爱刻南瓜
You love carving pumpkins?
你可真是处处都能用上这个字
You're really throwing that word around.
-我要走了 -不要
- I gotta go! - No!
各位注意听 我简短说一下
Listen up, everyone. I'll be brief.
你们都知道
As you all know,
我要迅速决定新主编的人选
I had to make a quick decision on a new editor-in-chief.
幸运的是 这里有一位领跑者
Luckily, there was a clear frontrunner,
一位远超合格的领导标准的女性
a woman more than qualified to lead the charge.
洛琦 让我们一起打破这层看不见的局限
Raquel, let's shatter that glass ceiling together.
谢谢你 凯伦
Thank you, Karen.
可能你们部分人已经注意到这一点了
Now, some of you may have picked up on this.
但邮报正面临危机
But the "Post" is in trouble,
因为大家现在都在网上浏览新闻
because everybody gets their news online now,
所以我们要增强我们的在线活跃度
so we have to improve our online presence
来保持运营
in order to stay viable.
《波士顿卫报》上季度读者量上升
The reason the "Boston sentinel" 's readership
而我们的没有上升的原因
went up last quarter and ours didn't
是他们在推特上更新新闻的速度是我们两倍快
is because they post their news on twitter twice as fast.
我们要第一个更新新闻
We need to break news first.
现在你们部分人最近有过较大的报道
Now some of you who have gotten bigger stories lately,
你可能觉得我没和你谈话
maybe you feel like I'm not talking to you.
不要以为你打出了一次全垒打
Just because you get one home run
现在就能坐在候补席休息了
doesn't mean you sit on the bench now.
开始工作吧
Let's get to work.
太棒了 洛琦 你真是一匹黑♥马♥
Well done, Raquel. You were a real dark horse candidate.
我并不是指你异国风情的样子
Uh. That's not a reference to your exotic looks.
这只是个巧合
That was just a coincidence.
你说的这句话太多非法的部分了
So many things about the sentence you're starting are illegal.
恭喜
Hey, congrats.
可能是我多虑了
And I'm probably being paranoid,
但我好像感觉
but I kind of felt like you
你在讲话中提到我了
were kind of addressing me with that speech.
不是多虑 我确实提到了
No, I was.
我的新职位意味着我要依靠我的记者们
My new position means that I have to depend on my staff.
只有他们发表报道我才能成功
I only succeed if they deliver,
所以我必须点名团队中最有价值的一员
so I have to pinpoint the most valuable players on this team,
-比如说你 -谢谢你
- like you. - Thank you.
别谢谢我 我这么做不是为了你
Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you.
我这么做是为了邮报
I'm doing this for the "Post",
而且我对你严格你应该觉得荣幸
and you should feel flattered that I'm being hard on you.
我刚开始工作时
When I first started out,
芭芭拉·沃特斯曾经让我像活在地狱一般
Barbara Walters used to make my life hell.
但她从不批评
But she never criticized
与我同级的另一个女孩 劳拉
the other girl at my level, Laura.
-你知道现在劳拉在哪里吗 -哪里
- You know where Laura is now? - Where?
谁他妈知道 我的重点是
Who the hell knows? My point is,
你不会想变成某个
you do not want to be someone
我无话可说的人
I have nothing to say to.
洛琦 再次恭喜你
Raquel, congrats again on the...
琴
Gin.
你最好还是接受
You might just have to accept that
我比你擅长这个游戏
I'm better at gin than you are.
那你最好接受我甩了你
Then I might just have to dump you.
要不要这样
Come on, really?
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
我知道我们有点太恩爱了
I know we're a little too adorable over here.
不是 我刚收到通知
No, I just got a notice
他们又要
they're raising the rent again
涨我们保存托马斯东西的储藏间的租金了
on the storage unit where we keep Thomas' stuff.
托马斯是萨拉的丧偶
Thomas was Sara's late husband.
很遗憾
Oh, I'm sorry.
谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
我们有必要保存它吗
Is there any good reason to keep it?
那储藏间里有什么东西
What's even in there?
其实我不知道
I don't actually know.
我从没进去过
I've never been in it.
当我去佛罗里达的房♥子
By the time we moved all of his stuff in
搬他的东西回来时
from the Florida house,
我搞明白他到底
I knew what he was actually
用那所房♥子干什么了
using that place for.
于是我就知道
And I knew going through
清理那些东西只会激怒我
all that stuff would just upset me.
托马斯在佛罗里达有一个秘密的家庭
Thomas had a secret family down in Florida.
他双重生活的内容都在这个储藏间里
The contents of that double life are in this locker.
明白了
Got it.
可能是时候了吧
Maybe it's time, huh?
对
Yeah, just stop
别浪费钱了
pissing money away.
那就是让恐♥怖♥分♥子♥赢了
That's-- that's just letting the terrorists win.
-托马斯还是个恐♥怖♥分♥子♥吗 -不是
- Was Thomas also a terrorist? - No.
反正我们不知道
Not that we know of.
我想她亲自去储藏间时就会知道了
I guess she'll find out when she goes down to the locker.
干嘛不让我陪着你呢
Why don't I go with you?
不管找到什么 都没事的
Whatever we find, it'll be fine.
谢谢你 妈妈
Thank you, mom.
对 我有点紧张
Yeah, I'm a little nervous.
别紧张 最坏能有多坏呢
Don't be. What's the worst that can happen?
我们发现他有另一个私生子
We find out he has another illegitimate child?
知道吗 很遗憾
Know what? I'm sorry,
但我不是不成熟的那一个
but I was not the immature one.
好吗 我是单亲妈妈养大的
Okay? I was raised by a single mother.
我在全世界都生活过
I've lived all over the world.
我比他有文化多了
I'm way more cultured.
怎么 就因为他用他爸爸化学实验室的工具
剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表