但这件事你们不是应该和克丽斯塔谈吗
But shouldn't you be talking to Christa about this?
她几小时后就回来了
She'll be home in a few hours.
我们会的
We will.
我们最近注意到一个
We've recently become aware of a suspect
之前未被警方调查的嫌疑人
that the police never pursued,
一个和玛丽萨有外遇的已婚女人
a married woman with whom Marissa was having an affair.
有证人说看到玛丽萨的恋人
A witness reports seeing Marissa's lover wearing
穿着一件很特别的白绿相间的巴哈毛衣
a very distinctive green-and-white Baja sweater.
你知道那人是谁吗
Any idea who that might be?
克丽斯塔有一件那样的毛衣
Christa has a sweater like that.
你知道她出轨的事吗
Did you know about the affair?
我发现了
I found out.
你的妻子在庭审时
Your wife's failure to disclose
没有告知她与受害者的关系
her relationship to the victim at trial
已经足够让埃文警局去申请逮捕令了
is gonna be enough for Avon PD to get a warrant.
很快会有人来采集她的DNA样本
Someone's gonna be here shortly to collect samples of her DNA.
有她的牙刷梳子就行
Her toothbrush, her hairbrush should do.
他们需要什么都行
They can take whatever they need.
但首先
But first...
还有些事你们得知道
there's something else you should know.
我的私人律师在来的路上了
My personal attorney is on her way over.
她到之前 我不会讨论任何相关话题
I'm not going to discuss any of this until she gets here.
没关系
That's all right.
我们也没什么要问的了
We don't really need to ask any questions.
你太太已经承认了一切
Your wife already confessed to everything.
什么
What?
来
Please.
坐吧
Sit.
我们知道你和玛丽萨有了婚外情
We know that you and Marissa were having an affair
而你妻子特莉发现了
and that your wife, Teri, found out.
她找玛丽萨对质你的不忠
She confronted Marissa over your infidelity,
最后以玛丽萨被杀而告终
and that confrontation ended in Marissa's murder.
特莉回到家后 向你坦白了一切
When Teri got home, she told you what she had done.
她准备好承担后果要去自首了
She was ready to face the consequences and turn herself in,
可你让她别去
but you told her not to,
你说你会处理好一切
that you would take care of everything.
你也确实处理了 你确保了
And you did, you made sure that Zoe Mercado
是佐伊·默卡多去检测玛丽萨尸体上的唾液
was the one who tested the saliva on Marissa's body,
如你所料 她把唾液匹配给了路易斯·鲍曼
and, like you expected, she matched it to Louis Bowman.
你以为一切就结束了
You thought that was the end of it.
但几周前 菲比·埃利奥特联♥系♥了你
But then, a few weeks ago, Phoebe Elliot contacted you.
她说她在埃弗赖姆·希尔的画廊里
She told you what she'd seen in that blown-up selfie
看到了能曝光真♥相♥的自♥拍♥
in Ephraim Hill's gallery.
她说那貌似能证实鲍曼的不在场证明
She said it seemed to corroborate Bowman's alibi.
你把这事告诉了你妻子
You shared this with your wife,
据她所说 你再度承诺
and according to her, you once again promised
会"处理"好一切
to "Handle" everything.
你试图说服菲比 就像跟我说的那些
You tried to convince Phoebe, as you did me,
说照片并不可靠
that the photograph wasn't reliable.
失败后 特莉说会自己处理
When that failed, Teri says she took matters into her own hands.
首先 你把菲比的自♥拍♥掉了包
First, you replaced Phoebe's selfie with a forgery.
然后 第二天晚上
Then, the next night,
她去了你在埃文区的家附近的一个餐厅
she went to a restaurant near your home in Avon
然后从泊车点偷了车
and stole a car out of the valet lot.
接着她开去了菲比在布朗克斯的健身房♥
Then she drove to Phoebe's gym in the Bronx,
等着她 杀了她
waited for her and shot her.
我们拿到了你妻子的签字确认
We've got a signed confession from your wife
承认了画廊的盗窃和谋杀玛丽萨·凯根
admitting to the burglary at the gallery and to the murders
以及菲比·埃利奥特
of Marissa Kagan and Phoebe Elliot.
不
No.
不 是你们强行逼供的
No, you coerced this.
我可以让这些被否决
I can get this thrown out.
你妻子的认罪完全是自愿的
Your wife's confession was entirely voluntary.
我们有手写和录音
We've got it in writing and on tape.
要是以前 这事到这儿就能结束了
There was a time when that would have been the end of the matter,
但前实验室主管佐伊·默卡多说对了一件事
but ex-lab supervisor Zoe Mercado is right about one thing:
这年头 没有DNA证据
juries do not like to convict these days
陪审团就不想定罪 所以我们重新检测了
without DNA evidence, so we retested
三年前在玛丽萨尸体上发现的唾液
the saliva found on Marissa's shirt three years ago
以防万一
just to be certain.
初步结果跟特莉吻合
It's a preliminary match for Teri.
她杀了玛丽萨是没什么好怀疑的
There isn't much doubt she killed Marissa,
可菲比·埃利奥特
but Phoebe Elliot?
这又是另一回事了
That's another story.
我们把特莉的DNA
We compared Teri's DNA
跟用来杀害菲比的车上的皮肤细胞做了比对
to skin cells recovered from the car used in Phoebe's murder.
如果前实验室主管佐伊或跟她同流合污的人
If ex-lab supervisor Zoe Mercado or anyone of her ilk
做了那些检测
had performed those tests,
他们肯定会上报吻合的
they would have rightly come back a match.
但这次 我们没告诉实验室
But in this case, we didn't inform the lab
哪份DNA是嫌疑人的
which DNA belonged to our suspect.
我们提供了在你家采集的多个样本
We provided several samples from your home,
还有多名嫌疑人的样本 基斯 希尔等
samples from other suspects, like Keith Elliot, Ephraim Hill.
甚至弄了我乌龟的样本
Even threw in a sample from my tortoise
确保他们耍不了花样
just to keep them on their toes.
想想我们有多惊讶吧 实验室居然反馈
And imagine our surprise when the lab revealed
车里的DNA不属于你妻子
that the DNA in the car didn't belong to your wife,
是属于你的
it belonged to you.
你知道菲比的哥哥有案底
You knew Phoebe's brother had a record.
凭他的历史 我们怀疑他只是迟早的事
With his history, it was a matter of time before we zeroed in on him.
只要稍加推助 佐伊就会把任何物证
And with a little nudge, Zoe would attribute
推到他身上 而不是你
any physical evidence found to him and not you.
特莉觉得对这一系列事都有责任
Teri felt responsible for the whole chain of events.
为了保护你 也为了让你们的孩子
So to protect you and to leave your children
起码能有一个家长不在牢里
with at least one parent not in prison,
她想把两起犯罪都揽到自己身上
she tried to take the blame for both crimes.
你的孩子们很幸运
Fortunately for them,
我们发现他们的爷爷奶奶很慈祥
we understand they have very loving grandparents.
而你就不幸了
Unfortunately for you,
等实验室正规操作
when lab work is done right,
不带偏见 不妄加推测
without bias, without assumption,
肯定能说服陪审团给凶手定罪
it really does tend to convince a jury of a killer's guilt.
这里卖♥♥得很快
This is gonna sell quickly,
有兴趣一定要告诉我
so let me know if you're interested.
想自己找地方住吗
Looking for a place of your own?
这可是黄金地段
Can't beat the location.
你办公室说你在这边
Your office said you'd be here.
我今天给你母亲打了电♥话♥ 我们聊了一会儿
I called your mother today, and we spoke for a while.
你的汉语肯定说得很好
Your Mandarin must be good.
她挺好的
No, she seems nice.
她是最棒的
She's the best.
她邀请我去喝茶
She invited me to tea.
我不意外
I'm not surprised.
我说改天
I took a rain check.
我知道这对你来说有太多要消化
Look, I know this has been a lot for you.
对我来说也是
It's been a lot for me, too.
我只是觉得 何必着急呢
And I just thought, "Why rush it?"
我会等你准备好 我们三人一起去喝茶
I'll have tea with your mother when you're ready to join us.
为什么
Why?
因为你是我妹妹
Because you're my sister.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表