出来时衣服有些凌乱 而且很开心
and then they emerged looking rumpled and happy.
艾比有外遇了
Abby was having an affair.
在她被报失踪的那天早晨
Dr. Fisher called in sick
菲舍医生请病假了
the morning she was reported missing.
我试过跟他联♥系♥
I've attempted to contact him,
但他不接电♥话♥
but he's not answering his phone.
而且他唯一有记录的地址
And the only listed address for him
是个邮政信箱
is a P.O. box.
更可疑了
All rather suspicious.
你跟艾米丽的见面怎么样
How went your meeting with Emily?
其实不怎么样
Not great, actually.
你能想出有什么原因
Can you think of any reason why the police
警♥察♥要调查我吗
would be investigating me?
你说除了艾米丽之外 科特斯警探还联♥系♥过
You said Emily was not your only friend contacted
你其他的朋友
by Detective Cortes.
是的 我今天还接到其他两个人的电♥话♥
Yeah, I got calls from two other people today.
警探问了他们
The detective asked them
同样的问题
the same kinds of questions.
我是什么样的人
What kind of person am I,
会不会违反法律
would I ever break the law.
可她没有明确指控你做了什么违法的事
But she never outright accused you of anything.
是的
No.
你有过吗 华生
Have you, Watson,
有在康尼岛进行过盗窃吗
ever committed any burglaries in Coney Island?
我必须问问
Have to ask.
没有 我没有在康尼岛上
No, I have not committed
有过任何盗窃行为
any burglaries in Coney Island.
我甚至不记得上次去那是什么时候了
I can't even remember the last time I was in that part of the city.
你得跟这个女的谈谈
You have to talk to this woman.
是吧
You think?
至少可以说 她选择现在这个时间调查
The timing of her investigation is unfortunate,
很蹊跷
to say the least.
我们刚刚回归纽约警局
We've only just returned to the NYPD,
我们最不能有的就是
so the last thing we need are rumors
有关我们参与过盗窃的流言蜚语
that we've engaged in some kind of thievery.
我会处理的 好吧
I will handle it. Okay?
喂
Hello?
福尔摩斯先生 我是内特·坎贝尔
Mr. Holmes? This is Nate Campbell.
你怎么知道这个号♥码的 坎贝尔医生
How'd you get this number, Dr. Campbell?
我知道你正在找一名
I understand you're looking for a doctor
史蒂文森纪念医院的医生
from Stuyvesant Memorial.
布兰福德·菲舍
Branford Fisher.
是的
I am.
我可以告诉你他在哪
I can tell you where he is.
但必须面谈
But only in person.
而且你不能带警♥察♥来
And you can't bring the police.
按照你的要求 只有我们两个来了
We came alone, as per your request.
不过警♥察♥知道我们来这了
But the police are aware we're here,
以免你想加害于我们
on the off chance you intend to do us harm.
不 不会的 快请进
No. Nothing like that. Please, come in.
你说你能帮我们找到
So, you told us you could help us find...
菲舍医生
Dr. Fisher.
谁给我们解释下
Someone needs to tell us
这是怎么回事
what's going on right now.
你们留信后 我很紧张
When you left your message, I got nervous.
就给内特打了电♥话♥
I called Nate.
因为...
Because...
这事很复杂
It's complicated.
布兰福德永远不会伤害艾比
Branford never would have hurt Abby.
你知道他俩有婚外情吗
Did you know they were having an affair?
不 那不是婚外情 对吧
No, it wasn't an affair, was it?
菲舍医生是十二♥码♥的脚
Dr. Fisher's a size 12.
坎贝尔医生是九♥码♥的脚
Dr. Campbell's a size nine.
在门口有一双
There's a pair of size 12
十二♥码♥的跑鞋
running shoes here by the door.
墙上还挂着菲舍医生
There's also a photograph of Dr. Fisher receiving
领奖时的照片
a commendation on the wall.
他就住这里
He lives here.
在电♥话♥里 你说这是你家
On the phone, you said this was your house.
这是他们的家
It's their house.
他们都和艾比结婚了
They were both married to Abby.
不然怎么解释它们戴着一样的结婚戒指
Or is there another explanation for your matching wedding bands?
我想对这种情况 目前流行的说法是
I think the current slang for such an arrangement
三人婚姻
is a "Thruple."
一场婚姻 三个人
Three people, one marriage.
你们同时和艾比结了婚
You were both married to Abby at the same time.
是的
We were.
但我发誓
But I swear to you,
我们都没杀我们的妻子
neither of us killed our wife.
我们不能让我们的婚姻状况暴露
We had to keep our marriage secret.
我们有个两岁的女儿 克洛伊
We have a two-year-old daughter, Chloe.
如果我们的情况被家庭服务中心知道了
If we got reported to Family Services,
我们会失去她的
we could lose her.
更别说我们的事业 医院不喜欢丑闻
Not to mention our careers. Hospitals don't like scandals.
你们在一起很开心
You all look very happy together.
是的
We are.
曾经是
We were.
我们只是一个家庭
We're just... a family.
跟其他家庭没有任何不同
We're no different than anyone else.
你能说明下艾比失踪那晚
Can you account for your whereabouts
你在哪里吗
the night Abby disappeared?
我在波士顿
I was in Boston.
我爸爸病了 我去看他了
My dad's been sick. I went up to see him.
我还遇上了几个朋友
But I also caught up with some friends.
他们会告诉你们我的确在那
They'll all tell you I was there.
如果你们不介意 我想问问这个...
If you don't mind me asking, how did this...
婚姻状况 是怎么发生的
arrangement come about?
布兰福德和我先在一起的
Branford and I were, uh, together first.
但我们有共识
But we had an understanding.
然后就像我说的 我在聚会上认识了艾比
Uh, and as I said, I met Abby at a party.
就是从那时开始的
It grew from there.
她对三人行完全不介意吗
She was okay joining you?
事实上这是她的提议 她以前也有过
It was her idea, actually. She'd done it before.
她以前也有过多人婚姻吗
She was in another group marriage?
我们这类婚姻其实比人们想象的要多
Arrangements like ours happen more often than people think.
对一些人来说 这样才合理
For some people, it just works.
对艾比来说这样很幸福
It worked for Abby.
几乎吧
Mostly.
她上段婚姻不幸福吗
Her last marriage was a bad one?
结局很糟糕
It ended badly.
她和其中某个妻子吵架了
She had a falling-out with one of her fellow wives.
她曾提及遭受过家庭暴♥力♥
She hinted it got violent once.
他们产生了争执
There was a dispute.
关于钱 公共财产什么的
Over money, community assets.
她到现在还在跟他们抗争
And she was still fighting it,
都好几年了
years after.
你说其中某个妻子
You said "one of her fellow wives."
她上段婚姻里
How many people were involved
到底有多少人
in her previous marriage?
不加艾比吗 五个
Not counting Abby? Five.
艾比·坎贝尔的前任们 五个全在这了
Abby Campbell's exes. All five of them.
他们现在还保持着婚姻关系
They're still married.
他们住在西奥兰治的一所大房♥子里
They live in some big house out in West Essex County.
我不得不派了五辆不同的车去接他们
I had to send five different cars to get them.
都是我们潜在的嫌疑人
All the suspects we could hope for.
真不知道他们怎么做到的
I don't know how they do it.
只有一个配偶的婚姻都让我焦头烂额了
I couldn't make a marriage to one person work.
但美国人已经尝试过婚姻的
But Americans have experimented
全部可能变种了
with every possible variation of matrimony.
从奥马哈部落的共妻多妻制
From the adelphic polygyny of the Omaha tribe
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表