Otherwise, his back is to the camera the whole time.
今天和马库斯进展如何
So how'd it go with Marcus today?
很糟糕
Poorly.
看来他对升官的兴趣并不高
Seems he's less interested in a promotion
他更感兴趣的是随之而来的加薪
than he is with the accompanying increase in salary.
他只是想涨工资
Oh, so he just wants a raise?
我猜他对给一群巡警当童子军队长
I gather he's as interested in playing scoutmaster
跟我一样兴趣寡然
to a group of patrolmen as I would be,
但他母亲最近失业了 他想帮她
but his mother recently lost her job, and he wants to help her out.
他没告诉我
He didn't tell me.
他是个有自尊心的男人 是个警探
Well, he's a proud man, the detective.
我提出给他贷款 他不接受
I offered him a loan, but wouldn't accept.
我们还要帮他学习吗
We're still gonna help him study?
当然 但我得承认我有点丧失激♥情♥了
We are. Although I must admit, I have lost some enthusiasm.
这是什么
What's this?
白色大门
在甜点区附近又发生一次
It happens again around dessert.
一个女生和她的朋友走近
A girl and her friend approach.
一人吊着钥匙 一人拿着画
One dangles her keys while the other takes her picture.
也许他是某方面的名人
Perhaps he's a celebrity of some sort.
他的邮件地址是"钥匙大♥师♥"
His e-mail address was "KeyMaster."
锁匠届的明星
Celebrity locksmith.
不 但如果他是我认为的人
No, but if he is who I think he is,
他确实开过很多门
he does open a lot of doors.
我之前看过这个造型 我们都有
I've seen this pose before; we both have.
销♥售♥房♥屋 沃伦·克里夫特 致电预约
他是雅各布斯的房♥产经纪人
He's the Jacobs' realtor.
所以我带她去吃了午餐
So I took her to lunch.
跟你说吧 我还带她吃了晚餐
I'll tell you what, I took her to dinner, too.
我邀她出去的次数基本上
I took her out almost as many times
和邀他丈夫厄尼的一样多
as I took her husband Ernie.
剧情变复杂了
The plot thickens.
我是说跟客户吃饭
I'm saying that meals with clients
就是工作的一部分
are part of the job.
你得对某些人请客喝酒
You got to wine and dine some people.
我就是这样说服雅各布斯夫妇卖♥♥♥房♥♥子的
That's how I convinced the Jacobs to sell their house.
不是他们找你的吗
They didn't solicit you?
他们的邻里关系很紧张
Their neighborhood is getting hot.
是时候离开了
It's about to take off, and, uh...
我有一堆顾客盯着那片地
I have a lot of clients looking in that area,
所以我一直在旁敲侧击
so I've been beating the bushes.
我上周就签了三家新房♥主
I signed three new homeowners just last week.
我们看了你和艾伦
We watched security footage
在白色大门晚餐的监控
from your dinner with Ellen at La Porte Blanche.
看起来你们聊的
Looked like you were talking about
可远不止魅力和建筑面♥积♥
a lot more than just curb appeal and square footage.
好吧 我喜欢她
Okay. I liked her.
她很温暖 你懂吗 很可爱
She was really warm, you know? She was sweet.
听着
Look...
我对发生的事很遗憾
I feel terrible about what happened,
但 听着 我是个已婚男
but, listen, I'm a married man.
我说 艾伦和我 我们从没
I mean, Ellen and I, we never...
只是调了下情 就没了
It was just a little flirtation, that's all.
你在撒谎
You're lying.
再来一遍
Do it again.
告诉我们你周一晚在哪
Tell us where you were Monday night.
我在家和我妻子一起
I was at home with my wife.
我不能接受
I can't accept
一个有这种发型的人给的不在场证明
an alibi from anyone with that particular hairstyle.
那是我母亲
That's my mother.
你们他妈想说什么
What the hell are you getting at?
为什么觉得我伤害了艾伦
Why would you think that I hurt Ellen?
因为她的怀孕将让你的生活分崩离析
Because her pregnancy was about to blow your life apart.
她怀孕了
She was pregnant?
他丈夫不能生育
Her husband is sterile,
所以我想你应该能猜到孕检会有什么结果
so I think you can guess what a paternity test would show.
好吧
Okay.
好吧 我承认
Okay. I'll admit,
我和艾伦之间不止如此
there was more to it with me and Ellen.
我们
We...
我们在一起过几次
Yes, we got together a few times.
但仅仅因为我对这件事撒谎并不代表
But just because I lied about that doesn't mean...
听着 我撒谎是因为我爱我的妻子
Look, I lied because I love my wife.
你是因为爱你妻子所以杀了艾伦吗
Did you kill Ellen because you love your wife?
知道吗 我们谈完了
You know what? We're done.
没有律师在我不会再回答任何问题
I'm not answering any more questions without a lawyer.
我认为那是明智的选择 克里夫特先生
I think that's a wise choice, Mr. Clift.
很快再见
See you again very soon.
把沃伦·克里夫特放正中间
Putting Warren Clift in the center?
当他没对艾伦·雅各布斯用安全套时
He put himself in the center
就把自己置于了案件中♥央♥
when he didn't use a condom with Ellen Jacobs.
你不同意
You don't agree?
他听到怀孕的时候是真的很吃惊
Well, he seemed genuinely surprised to hear about the pregnancy.
或许他是担心她会暴露他们的情事
Perhaps he'd begun to worry she would expose their affair.
或许他觉得一只会说话的狗
Perhaps he thought a talking dog was commanding him
要求他把她的灵魂献给上帝
to offer her spirit to the gods.
我不觉得他疯了
He didn't seem crazy to me.
以我的经验来说
In my experience,
把自己母亲照片放在办公桌上的大男人
a grown man who keeps a photograph of his mother on his desk
能做出任何事
at work is capable of anything.
哈里斯·韦伦·格里尔用塑料袋杀人
Harris Waylon Greer suffocated women with plastic bags.
有人对他女儿做了同样的事
Someone did the same thing to his daughter.
我觉得应该把重点放在受害者的家庭上
It seems like we should be focusing on his victims' families.
你有在听吗
Hey, are you listening?
什么 听着呢
Huh? Yes.
我觉得你说的对
And I think you're absolutely right.
这倒是不常听到
Yeah, I don't hear that often enough.
我也
I also...
认为我是对的
think that I'm right.
克里夫特 我记得听过这个名字
Clift-- I knew I heard that name before.
三区杀手
看
Look.
三区杀手
这是沃伦·克里夫特放在桌子上的照片
That's the same photo that Warren Clift had on his desk.
他母亲 三区杀手的第三个受害者
His mother, Triborough Killer's third victim,
死于1988年
died in 1988.
你应该记得 是克里夫特主动
You'll recall, Mr. Clift approached the Jacobs
接近雅各布斯夫妇的 而不是反过来
about selling their home, not the other way around.
他肯定知道艾伦是格里尔的女儿
He had to know that Ellen was Greer's daughter.
我猜这就是经典的浪漫套路
I suppose it's the classic romantic trope.
男生杀了女生 女生儿子追求男生女儿
Boy kills girl, girl's son pursues boy's daughter,
他的目标相当单纯
his intentions entirely pure.
单纯只想谋杀
Purely homicidal, maybe.
希望克里夫特先生已经有了律师
Do hope Mr. Clift has located his attorney,
因为我真的很想再次和他谈谈
'cause I'd really like to speak to him again.
快乐居所房♥地♥产♥
我家附近都是这个人的脸
This guy's face is all over my neighborhood.
卖♥♥了很多房♥子
Sells a lot of homes.
根据乔恩的说法 他有很多动机
According to Joan, he has a lot of motives:
预料之外的怀孕 可能暴露的情事
unwanted pregnancy, an affair being exposed,
为他母亲的被杀报仇
avenging his mother's murder.
如果这次搜查发现什么
Well, this warrant turns up anything,
那将是他这辈子拿到的最后一串钥匙
those'll be the last keys he holds in his life.
你好 女士
Hello, ma'am.
我是汤姆·格雷森
My name is Tom Gregson.
这是贝尔警探
This is Detective Bell.
-我们是来 -我知道
- We're here... - I know.
我在等你们
I was expecting you.
是吗
You were?
是的
Well, yeah.
我想提供帮助
I want to help any way that I can.
你们是来找
You're here looking for,
线索的 对吗
I don't know, clues, right?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表