Miss Pal gave us everything.
所有人写的关于纽泽西扩张计划的
Every memo that anyone at Zerakem ever wrote
所有备注 所有邮件
about the New Jersey expansion, every e-mail.
这些东西唯一的用处
The only way any of it would be useful
就是够铺几千个鸟笼的笼底了
is lining the bottom of several thousand birdcages.
你都没动手找
Oh, you're not finding anything.
我已经发现很多了
I found a great deal.
这一切都表明 很有可能
All of it indicates that, in all likelihood,
泽拉肯没有杀害夏洛特·康尼格
Zerakem did not kill Charlotte Konig.
就在两天前
As recently as two days ago,
高♥官♥们还在指挥他们的律师
the senior management were instructing their lawyers
尝试找出信托背后的人
to attempt to identify the principals behind the land trust.
他们不知道是夏洛特
They didn't know it was Charlotte.
他们不知道 即便知道
They did not, and even if they had,
他们也无法从中获利
they would not have been able to profit from it.
公♥司♥能省下1500万美元
The company would have saved $15 million.
但公♥司♥里却没有任何人能得到实质奖励
But no one at the company was in line for a specific bonus over the deal.
这1500万无法让泽拉肯的股价
The $15 million savings would not have moved
有任何波动
Zerakem's stock price one iota.
而股票期权是高管人员
And stock options are the only way
从公♥司♥盈利中获利的唯一方式
the executives could share in the corporation's success.
所以 虽然泽拉肯公♥司♥本身有动机
So while Zerakem itself has motive,
但公♥司♥里的人却没有相同动机
no human being at the company does.
所以我们又回到原点了
So we're back to the drawing board.
怎么了
What is it?
特伦特·加比发来一封邮件
Uh, it's an e-mail from Trent Garby.
他说保险公♥司♥拒绝为火灾理赔
He's saying that his insurance company is refusing to pay out on the fire,
因为他的房♥子是用来短期出租的
because he was using his property for short-term rentals.
所以严格说来算是旅馆
So it was technically a hotel.
他没有合适的保险覆盖范围
He doesn't have the right coverage.
很好 我们可以执行B计划了
That's good. We can carry out plan B,
也就是221A计划
AKA plan 221A:
买♥♥下那里 现在还有折扣了
buy the place, now at a discount.
我本想说你真是个冷血混♥蛋♥
I would say that you're a callous jerk,
但他联♥系♥我们还真是为了这个
but that's actually why he's reaching out.
他想先在我们和其他邻居间找下家
He's giving us and the other neighbor first crack.
邮件转发给我 我早上去调查一下
Forward me the e-mail, I'll investigate it in the morning.
你就没有一点负罪感吗
Don't you feel even a little bit bad?
负什么罪
About?
特伦特搬走毕竟是我们的错
I mean, it's our fault that Trent moved out.
要是他还住在隔壁
If he was still living next door,
就不会有保险的麻烦了
he wouldn't have this issue with his insurance.
世界就是这样的 华生
That's the way of the world, Watson.
我们是不可抗拒的力量 他是可移♥动♥的物体
We were an irresistible force, he was a movable object.
他自己搬走了
He moved.
要是你想为某事自责的话
If you want to feel bad about something,
那就自责我们比起五小时前
feel bad about the fact that we're no closer to identifying
在查找夏洛特的凶手方面毫无进展吧
Charlotte's killer than we were five hours ago.
要是夏洛特其实不是目标呢
What if Charlotte wasn't the target?
要是凶手知道她会
What if the killer knew that she was gonna share
跟巴兰坦分享蘑菇呢
her mushrooms with Ballantine?
你心里有新的嫌疑人了吗
You have a new suspect in mind?
其实是之前就怀疑过的
Old one, actually.
也许我们太快放弃阿斯顿·哈珀这条线了
Maybe we gave up too quickly on Alston Harper.
他说他和巴兰坦冰释前嫌了
I mean, he said he and Ballantine buried the hatchet,
可谁知道呢
but who knows?
也许我们该再查查他
Maybe we should take a look at him again,
看看是否漏掉了什么
see if we missed anything.
阿斯顿·C·哈珀
Alston C. Harper.
夏洛特那个"RACHE"字样的纹身
Charlotte's "RACHE" tattoo.
我似乎记得字母R和E
I seem to remember the "R" and the "E" incrementally darker
比其他字母颜色要深
than the other letters;
一开始我觉得是只是设计的样式
first, I thought that was by design.
要是还有其他原因呢
What if there was another reason?
我觉得你是对的
I think you're right.
哈珀值得再查查
Harper is worth looking at again,
但不是因为他想杀巴兰坦
but not because he wanted to kill Ballantine,
而是因为他想杀夏洛特
because he wanted to kill Charlotte.
哈珀能跟夏洛特有什么仇
What would Harper have against Charlotte?
任何男人能跟前任有什么仇
What does any man have against his ex?
A.C.H
A.C.H.
阿斯顿·C·哈珀
Alston C. Harper.
还有15分钟才上课
Class doesn't start for another 15 minutes.
你们是来听关于皮质醇的讲座的吧
I assume you're here for the lecture on cortisol.
不 我们是来亲眼看看
No, we're here to see
"战或逃"反应的
the fight-or-flight response in person.
你因谋杀夏洛特·康尼格而被捕了
You're being arrested for the murder of Charlotte Konig.
我为什么要谋杀我之前带的学生
Why would I murder my former grad student?
不只是学生 她还是你妻子
Not just a student, your wife.
显然 你在迷幻剂作用下
Apparently, one of the stupid things you did
干的蠢事之一就是娶了夏洛特
when you were on hallucinogens was marry Charlotte.
阿斯顿·哈珀与夏洛特·康尼格的结婚证明
Marriage certificate for Alston C. Harper and Charlotte Konig,
四年前颁发于德国特尔茨
issued four years ago in Bad Tolz, Germany.
档案里没有离婚判决
There's no divorce decree on file,
所以在法律上 夏洛特死时
so legally you and Charlotte were still husband and wife
你跟她还是夫妻
at the time of her death.
我们分居了
We were estranged.
当我从乔和他那开拓式生活方式中解脱出来
When I made my break from Joe and his... expanded lifestyle,
我没法再跟夏洛特在一起了
I couldn't be with Charlotte anymore.
那种生活对我没好处
It wasn't good for me.
但她并不乐意 对吧
She didn't like that though, did she?
她还爱着你
She was still in love with you.
她都不惜在肩后
I mean, she'd already gone to the trouble
纹上了你名字的首字母
of having your initials tattooed on the back of her shoulder.
你伤了她的心后
After you broke her heart,
她加上了R和E
she added an "R" and an "E,"
把ACH变成了RACHE
turning "A.C.H." into "RACHE."
她想报复的人是你
You were the one she wanted to take revenge against.
她想用离婚拖住你 对吗
She tried to hold you up on the divorce, right?
想从你著作的利润中分一大杯羹
Claimed a chunk of the proceeds from your books.
毕竟 她在研究上帮了你
After all, she helped you do the research.
所以你把书都撤下架了 为了对她泄愤
That's why you had them pulled, to spite her.
这都是推测
This is all conjecture.
不 并不是
No, it's not.
你最近雇了个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
You recently hired a private detective,
一个叫杜安·韦弗的
one Duane Weaver.
对我们来说幸运的是
Fortunately for us,
私♥家♥侦♥探♥在法律上不受客户保密协议的限制
P.I.s are not legally bound by client privilege.
他们可以跟警方自♥由♥讨论手头的案子
They're quite free to discuss their cases with the police.
杜安告诉我们夏洛特几个月前找过你
Duane told us Charlotte approached you a few months ago
终于同意了离婚 没有附加条件
and finally offered a divorce, no strings attached.
你起了疑心 并雇了他去查她
You got suspicious and hired him to look into her.
这并不违法
That's not illegal.
杜安非常能干
Duane's more than competent.
他发现了夏洛特的不动产
He uncovered Charlotte's real estate holdings
以及她想向泽拉肯施压
and her attempts to strong-arm Zerakem
让他们高价收♥购♥的事
into a generous buyout.
所以她才终于愿意跟你离婚了
That's why she was finally willing to grant you the divorce.
她恋爱了 她要成富婆了
She was in love, she was about to get rich;
她不需要复仇了
she didn't need to seek revenge anymore.
只是 你想报复她
Only, you wanted revenge against her,
因为她多年来一直把你往火坑里推
for the years she'd held your feet to the flames.
你意识到自己可以复仇
You realized that you could have it
还能顺便大捞一笔
and get rich in the process.
作为夏洛特的丈夫
As Charlotte's legal husband,
她死了你就可以继承她的所有产业
you would inherit all of her properties when she died.
然后你就可以卖♥♥给泽拉肯
Then you could sell them to Zerakem.
你们没有证据
You have no evidence.
杜安在说谎
Duane is lying.
我们有足够证据申请搜查令了
We have enough for a warrant.
我们已经搜查了你在学校的实验室
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表