是我们鼓手在网上找到的
Our drummer found it online.
日租♥房♥♥网
AwayKay.Com.
"派对客的派对之地"
"Party pads for party people."
噪音的事我很抱歉
I'm sorry about the noise.
但我觉得你得适应噪音了
But... I think you're gonna have to get used to it.
"战或逃"反应
The fight or flight response
是从下丘脑开始的
starts in the hypothalamus,
它可以通过两种不同的方法激活肾上腺
which activates the adrenal gland in two different ways.
从化学角度来说 是通过脑垂体
Chemically, via the pituitary gland,
或通过脊髓发射神经脉冲
and with a nerve impulse via the spinal cord.
触发肾上腺释放肾上腺素
This triggers the adrenal gland, the release of adrenaline,
这会发生在情况紧急时
and that's when things really kick into high gear.
我们下周接着讲
We will pick up with that next week.
记得看看第五章
Remember to read chapter five.
谢谢
Thank you.
二位有什么要我帮忙的吗
Can I help you gentlemen?
那皮质醇呢
What about cortisol?
肾上腺会释放两种激素
The adrenal gland releases two hormones--
肾上腺素 还有皮质醇
epinephrine, aka adrenaline, but also cortisol,
这两种激素对"战或逃"反应
and both of those hormones are crucial
都至关重要
to the fight or flight response.
我只是为下节课埋个伏笔
I was just teasing the next lesson.
而且肾上腺素比皮质醇更性感
And adrenaline is sexier than cortisol.
你们是来做教学评审的吗
Are you with the accreditation review?
我以为你们要下周才来
Because I wasn't expecting you until next week.
我们是纽约警局的
We're with the NYPD.
我们来问几个问题
We're here to ask a few questions
关于乔瑟夫·巴兰坦被杀的事
about the murder of Joseph Ballantine.
我就知道乔的研究会给他惹麻烦
I always knew Joe's research might get him into trouble.
但是被谋杀
But murdered?
初步检测显示
Preliminary tests indicate
他用的蘑菇被注入了
that the mushrooms he used were infused with poison
另一种蘑菇的毒素
from another mushroom.
你们俩合著了三本书
The two of you wrote three books together:
两本是对裸盖菇素的生化效果的研究
two explorations on the biochemical effects of psilocybin
还有一本关于致幻剂化学作用的教科书
and one textbook on the chemistry of psychedelics.
然后你们分道扬镳了
Then you two had a falling out.
我不会这么说
I wouldn't call it that.
两年前
Two years ago,
你在《东北神经生物学期刊》
you published an article in the Northeastern Journal
发表文章批驳他的研究成果
of Psychobiology repudiating his work.
你说他关于致幻蘑菇好处的立场
You called his stance on the benefits
是"危险的伪科学"
of psychedelic mushrooms "Dangerous pseudoscience."
那篇文章针砭入骨
It was an evisceration;
而且与你们合著的书中的观点
and it was a complete reversal of the position
是完全对立的
that the two of you took in the books you wrote together.
那些书 已经买♥♥不到了
Those books? Not available anymore.
已经从市场上撤掉了
Pulled from the market.
我认为那是他要求的
I'm assuming that was at his request.
而那会让你损失数万美元的
And that would've cost you tens of thousands of dollars
版权费 对吗
in royalties, right?
听着
Look...
我和乔分道扬镳的事 你说对了
You're right that Joe and I went our separate ways.
但那是我的选择
But that was my choice.
乔邀请我跟他一起写那些书
Joe invited me to work on those books with him.
他需要一位脑部化学专家
He wanted an expert in brain chemistry.
协议的一部分就是我得自己试吃蘑菇
Part of the deal was that I take mushrooms myself.
他想让我拥有第一手体验
He wanted me to have first-hand experience.
但是
But?
我不喜欢裸盖菇素和其它毒素对我的影响
I didn't like what the psilocybin and other drugs did to me.
我吃迷幻蘑菇后会做傻事
I did stupid things when I was using.
我需要清醒一下
I needed a clean break.
把书撤掉是我的主意
Pulling the books was my idea.
我不想让我的名字出现在
I didn't want my name on anything
任何支持乔的理论的东西上
that endorsed Joe's theories.
他是怎么想的
How did he take that?
他还好
He was fine.
他也不在乎我在科学出版物上批判他
And he didn't care when I ripped him in the scientific press.
那很适合他的反叛者形象
It fit with his image as a rebel fighting the establishment.
所以你们没有不和吗
So there were no hard feelings?
我和乔在同一个部门工作
Joe and I were in the same department here.
我们随时都会打照面
We ran into each other all the time.
问任何人都行 我们没有不和
Ask anyone-- there was never any trouble.
我们达成了和解
We made our peace.
我错过了什么
So what did I miss?
看起来哈珀教授
Professor Harper, it seems,
没有动机杀巴兰坦教授
did not have motive to kill Professor Ballantine after all.
所以你错了
Oh, so you were wrong.
在马库斯查证哈珀说辞的同时
While Marcus confirms Harper's story,
我一直在追查
I've been casting about for clues
谁还有可能想让巴兰坦死
as to who else might have wanted Ballantine dead,
失败后 我又开始追查
and, failing that, where he acquired
他是从哪得到毒蘑菇的
his lethal mushrooms.
你想加入我吗
Would you care to join me?
我是说 如果你休息够了的话
I mean, if you're sufficiently rested, of course.
我没有睡懒觉 我去见我们的新邻居了
I wasn't sleeping in, I was meeting our new neighbors.
你要求他们保持安静了吗
Did you intimidate them into silence?
是的
I did.
但没意义 他们是短期租客
But it doesn't matter; they're short-term renters.
新租客周日就会来
New people are coming in on Sunday.
那房♥子在日租♥房♥♥网站上登了广♥告♥
The building is advertised on a Web site called AwayKay.
他们在时髦的街区为人们
They cater to people looking for party pads
提供派对场地
in trendy neighborhoods.
他们在我们附近的街区有五六个出租屋
They have five or six locations within a few blocks of us.
旧城改造的另一大弊病
Another unfortunate sign of gentrification.
也许我们该鼓励这里的偷窃犯
Perhaps we should encourage our local muggers
多活动活动
to increase their activity.
有意见的不光是我们
We are not the only ones with a problem.
我看了网站上其他邻居的留言
I checked the neighborhood Web site,
大家都在抱怨日租♥房♥♥
and it is filled with noise complaints
噪音太大
about the AwayKays.
附近宾馆的生意却日渐萧条
And local hotels are losing business.
明天我要跟隔壁房♥子的房♥主谈谈
I'm gonna talk to the owner next door tomorrow
让他知道我们很不满
and let him know we are not happy.
沙发里有个保险柜
There's a safe inside the sofa?
对 靠的是位置隐蔽来保险
Yeah. One that relies on concealment
而不是复杂的锁匠工艺
rather than a sophisticated locking mechanism,
真是万幸
fortunately.
应该很好解开
Should be simple enough.
搞定
There.
巴兰坦教授的私藏
Professor Ballantine's stash.
三包干蘑菇
Three bags of dried mushrooms.
这些是低等的古巴裸盖菇
These are poor quality Psilocybe Cubensis.
那个悲催的仪式上喝的不是这个
This is not what was used in his ill-fated ceremony.
但这些是蓝天使
But these are Blue Angels.
我在他茶里发现的就是这东西
This is the exact same strain I found in his tea.
"期待你的想法 谢谢 C.K."
"Looking forward to your thoughts. Danke. C.K."
我刚才看到一份有关巴兰坦教授
I saw a manuscript that Ballantine
对苔藓论断的手稿
was proofing about lichen.
作者是个叫夏洛特·康尼格的人
It was written by someone named Charlotte Konig.
主题 苔藓
作者 夏洛特·康尼格
C.K
C.K.
等我们一下 继续打表吧
If you could just wait here, sir, and keep the meter running.
谢谢
Thanks.
根据学校的记录
According to university records,
夏洛特·康尼格是个出生于德国的生化学家
Charlotte Konig is a German-born biochemist
也是巴兰坦的前任助教
and Ballantine's former teaching assistant.
这张是她在学生时期的照片
Here's a photograph of her in her student days.
有纹身那个就是她
She's the one with the tattoos.
灯亮着 还放着音乐
The lights are on. I hear music.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表