We're due at an appointment quite soon,
我觉得在这里待会
and I thought biding my time up here
能帮我进入杀罗莎琳·格拉汉姆的凶手的思维
would help put me in the mind of Rosalyn Graham's killer.
好吧
Okay.
我对杀人动机有了一个新理论
I have a new theory of motive.
我去了罗莎琳·格拉汉姆律师所在的律所
Visited the law firm of Rosalyn Graham's attorney.
他们确认了他跟马库斯和我所说的事情
They confirmed everything he told Marcus and me.
简单来说 没人能够
In the short term, at least, no one can profit
从她的房♥产获利
from her estate.
打官司会纠缠好几年
It will be embroiled in a legal quagmire for years.
而这件麻烦事中还包括她要跟我们的一位老朋友
Included in that quagmire is a deal she was about to make
威廉·赫尔签订的一份协议
involving an old friend of ours, William Hull.
那个房♥地♥产♥大亨
The real estate mogul?
是的 那个
Yes. That...
是罗莎琳的楼
is Rosalyn's building there.
而这个
And this
是赫尔最新的怪物建筑
is Hull's latest monstrosity.
计划要在她那栋楼的街尾建造
Scheduled for construction at the end of her block.
这么说 罗莎琳是要把她的楼卖♥♥给赫尔
So, Rosalyn was gonna sell Hull her building?
不是卖♥♥楼
Not the building.
是上面的空间
The air above it.
市里的每一座楼
Every building in the city
都有有限的空间量
comes with a finite amount of air rights,
这样就限制了楼的高度 对吧
limiting the space that one can build up, hmm?
这是为了让城市处在可控的状态
It's to stop the city growing out of control.
拥挤的街道
Overcrowding the streets.
公共服务
Public services.
不过开♥发♥商可以购买♥♥其它楼座的空间所有权
But a developer can buy another building's air rights.
只要卖♥♥方保证不再使用
So long as that owner promises never to use them.
也就是说赫尔需要罗莎琳的空间所有权
So Hull needed Rosalyn's air rights.
不光是她的 还有整条街上的大楼
Not just hers-- those of every other building on the block.
得到这座 这座 这座的空间所有权后
You acquire this one, this one, this one.
很快 你就能建摩天大楼了
Pretty soon, got yourself a skyscraper.
可现在罗莎琳的楼已经被锁死了
Only now that Rosalyn's estate is tied up,
赫尔没法获得她的空间所有权
Hull can't acquire her rights.
而法律规定空间所有权
And since the law requires that air rights
必须是相邻的才能卖♥♥
only be sold across adjacent lots,
所以买♥♥不了她的也就意味着
the loss of her rights means he'll never be able
他也买♥♥不了其他人的
to get the rest of the block's.
这样他的项目也就没法开始了
So his project is essentially a nonstarter.
还没开始就结束了
Dead before they even break ground.
你认为杀罗莎琳的人
You think whoever killed Rosalyn
这么做是为了不让赫尔的项目进行下去
did it to stop Hull's project from moving forward.
我想问一下赫尔先生关于这件事的看法
I'd like to ask Mr. Hull about his thoughts on the matter,
谁是幕后黑手
who's behind it.
布斯凯特建筑公♥司♥
好的 你知道后马上告诉我
Great, well, you let me know as soon as you know.
好
Yeah.
赫尔先生
Mr. Hull?
先别说 我很会认人
Don't tell me. I'm excellent with faces.
你们是警探
The detectives.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯 乔恩·华生
Sherlock Holmes, Joan Watson.
赌场那次你们帮我做过些事
You did some work for me on a casino deal.
我们可不会这么描述
Not how we'd characterize it.
我们知道罗莎琳·格拉汉姆被杀这事
We know you're having a tough day
让你今天过得不太如意
with Rosalyn Graham's murder.
我们只想占用你几分钟时间
We just wanted a few minutes of your time.
我想起来了
I remember now.
你们上次就基本指控我是凶手了
You as much as accused me of being a killer.
今天我没空
Today I don't have time.
你误会了
You misunderstand.
我们认为罗莎琳·格拉汉姆被谋杀
We believe that Rosalyn Graham was murdered specifically
是故意为了搅黄你的项目
to hinder your project.
所以尽管我很不愿意这么说
So as much as it pains me to say it,
但我们是一边的
we're on the same side.
你的设计 是吗
Your design, is it?
是的
It is.
小时候被直线伤害过吗
Straight lines hurt you as a child?
人人都是批评家
Everyone's a critic.
不被人们接受 是吗
Reception's been harsh, has it?
评价两级分化
Polarizing.
人们要么很喜欢要么很讨厌
People love it or hate it.
但是 起码引发了话题
But, uh, it's got them talking.
没人会因为这项设计杀人
No one killed anyone over this design.
你想到什么具体的仇人吗
You have a particular enemy in mind?
第一反应吗
Off the top of my head?
其他想要这块地的开放商
Other developers that wanted the lot.
我之前拒绝合作的钢铁公♥司♥
A steel company I didn't hire once.
我随便哪位前妻
Any of my ex-wives.
所以 你下一步想做什么呢
So, what is your next step?
大楼确定没戏了吗
Is the building definitely dead?
今天的会议就是为了讨论这事
That's what today's meeting was to discuss.
也许我们可以通过其他途径获准建造
Maybe we can get the rights another way.
也许我们可以找到另一块地
Maybe we can find an alternative site.
也许我可以和本市达成协议
Maybe I cut a deal with the city to give me the rights
只要在市中心修歌♥剧院就给我放行
if I offer to build an opera house uptown.
这项目对你来说相当重要 是吗
The project is that important to you, is it?
你能留下什么 福尔摩斯先生
What are you leaving behind, Mr. Holmes?
我在建造未来
I build the future.
我们死后很久 人们会在那里四处张望
Long after we're gone, people will look around out there,
他们会看到我
and they'll see me.
而这栋大厦...
And this one...
这栋大厦是遗产啊
this one is a legacy-maker.
是布斯凯特和我的遗产
For Busquet and for me.
有张纸写到这封信的复印件
There's a note here that says a copy of this letter was sent
寄给了建筑安♥全♥部♥门 能问下情况吗
to building security. Can I ask why?
是一个叫"保护西部"的组织
It's from an organization called Save the West Side.
我们有一次在路上发生了摩擦
We had an incident outside on the street.
保护西部在抗♥议♥ 他们的领队
Save the West Side was protesting, and their leader
拿一个木桩牌打了我的员工
hit one of my employees with a picket sign.
指控没有被报道
Charges weren't pressed,
但自那以后 所有从他们那得来的东西
but after that, we just sent everything we ever got from them
我们都会寄给安♥全♥部♥
to security.
"你的建筑是现代主义者的噩梦"
"Your building is a modernist nightmare."
保护西部
"不惜一切代价阻止这个毒瘤"
"A blight that must be stopped at all costs."
你觉得来自一个
You didn't think threats from
暴♥力♥抗♥议♥者的威胁不值得说出来吗
a violent protestor merited mention?
说实话 我忘了
Honestly, I forgot about it.
在这种项目实施中
Run-ins with neighborhood groups always come up
总会出现社区争执
during a project like this.
他们只不过不想再来一家街角星巴克
They just don't want another Starbucks on their corner.
所以你说的摩擦包括写这封信的人
So you say the incident involved the man that wrote this letter?
领队 德瑞克·奥尼尔
The group's leader, Derek O'Neal.
根据这里记录的奥尼尔先生的声明
According to Mr. O'Neal's address here,
你的建筑可能会完全挡住
your building would have completely obstructed
他看中♥央♥公园的风景
his Central Park view.
你是房♥地♥产♥专家
You're the real estate expert.
住房♥被挡住视野
How much would the loss of his view
会让他的房♥价损失多少
affect the value of his property?
一百万吧
A million dollars?
对他来说可能不只是一家新的星巴克的问题了
That might've meant more to him than a new Starbucks.
你好 打扰了
Hello. Excuse me.
我们在找保护西部组织
Uh, we're looking for Save the West Side.
是这里 对吗
This is the right place, yes?
不再是了 我们解散了
Not anymore. We're done.
你要是想看♥房♥♥ 可以问大楼管♥理♥员♥
You want to look at the space, talk to the building manager.
在四楼
Fourth floor.
罗莎琳的死对赫尔的楼影响很大
Rosalyn's death sticks a fork in Hull's building,
而这些人就这么算了
and these guys call it a day?
要么是消息传得太快 要么我们来对了
Either news travels fast or, uh, we're on the right track.
有事吗
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表