能帮信托的另一个排队者扫清障碍
clears the way for another claimant to the trust.
好吧 下一个继承人是谁
Okay, so who's next in line?
乍看之下 没人了
At first glance, no one.
看起来巴斯克维尔家的男人
It appears the Baskerville men,
包括雨果在内 都有不育症
apart from Hugo himself, struggle with infertility.
雨果 [1811-1♥8♥9♥2]
亨利和查尔斯没有子嗣
Henry and Charles have no children.
亨利 [生于1969年]
查尔斯[1967-2016]
罗杰·斯泰普顿没有合法子女
Rodger Stapleton has no legitimate offspring.
据我目前来看 他在外嫖♥妓♥也没有私生子
And as far as I can tell, no by-blows from his wenching.
他们家族的人运气也不太好
There's also been a fair share of bad luck.
亨利和查尔斯的妹妹克拉拉十多岁就死于了癌症
Henry and Charles's sister Clara died of cancer in her teens.
克拉拉[1973-1989]
他们的大表弟在阿富汗遇难了
Their first cousin was killed in Afghanistan,
罗杰的兄长艾克
and Rodger's older brother Ike
艾克[1960-1991]
在澳大利亚死于一场车祸
died in a car crash in Australia.
所以查尔斯死后
So after Charles's death,
活着的继承者就只剩罗杰和亨利了
the only living heirs are Rodger and Henry.
这只是我们知道的活着的继承者
The only known living heirs.
我又看了雨果·巴斯克维尔的遗嘱
I reviewed Hugo Baskerville's will.
作为他那个时代的人
For a man of his time,
他对私生子的态度可是非常开放的
he was remarkably enlightened about bastards.
他允许私生子来继承
He allowed that a lovechild could inherit,
这证明没有合法继续人了
provided there were no legitimate heirs remaining.
虽然这棵家族树的多个分枝都无法生育
So while the many branches of this tree might appear barren,
可谁又能说某些异体授粉的枝桠上
who's to say that some unknown cross-pollination
就没结出果实呢
has not borne fruit?
如果真是这样
If that's true,
我们要做的就是彻查...
all we have to do is look through...
120年间的出生记录 好找到新的嫌疑人
120 years of birth records to find a new suspect.
我们可以花上几个月来研究家谱
We could spend the next few months doing genealogical research,
但我觉得可能有更快捷的方式
but I think there might be a more expeditious way
找出这个凶残的巴斯克维尔继承人
to identify the murderous Baskerville heir.
我不知道
I don't know.
可能还有别的继承人吧
I suppose there could be another heir,
但他或她可能出生在这世上的任何地方
but he or she could've been born anywhere in the world,
在这个世纪的任何时间
at any time in the last century
可能是好几打人中的任意一个
to any one of several dozen people.
对 但我相信有办法
True, but I believe there's a way to find our needle
不用搜遍整片大海就能找到我们的针
without searching a world full of haystacks.
你要做的就是杀了你的表弟 罗杰·斯泰普顿
All you need to do is murder your cousin, Rodger Stapleton.
表兄杀了表兄杀手
血脉的终结
巴斯克维尔家的诅咒
这里得有100度吧
It's, like, 100 degrees in here.
准确地说是95度
It's precisely 95 degrees.
对瑜伽和乌龟来说都是理想温度
Ideal for yoga and tortoises.
我想着最好别让火炉负担太重
I thought it best not to overtax the furnace.
只要你不把那些纸都点着了就行
Yeah, well, as long as you don't set all those papers on fire.
重新检查证据
Reexamining the evidence
也无法加快事情的进展
will not help events progress any faster.
所以就是没新消息
So no news.
暂时没有
Nothing as of yet.
亨利杀了罗杰已经五天了
You know, it's been five days since Henry killed Rodger.
我很清楚 谢谢提醒
I'm well aware, thank you.
霍伊斯呢 有他的消息吗
What about Hawes? Have you heard from him?
终于来了
Finally.
看来咱们要进入尾声了
It appears our endgame has begun.
我的澳洲出生证明
My Australian birth certificate,
登记着我的父亲是艾克·斯泰普顿
listing my father as Ike Stapleton.
抱歉我有点多疑
You'll forgive my skepticism,
可自从他1972年离开了美国
but no one in the family has had any contact with Ike Stapleton
这家族里就没人跟他联♥系♥过
since he left the U.S. In 1972.
我五岁的时候他就去世了 车祸
He died when I was five. Car crash.
我母亲说他有点像嬉皮士
My mom says he was a bit of a hippie.
他们在一起并没多久 但她说我下巴很像他
They weren't together long, but she says I have his chin.
我没听出你有澳洲口音
I don't hear an Australian accent.
我已经丢掉乡音了
I lost it.
很多年前 我去洛杉矶上大学的时候
Years ago, when I moved to L.A. for college.
我知道我长得不太像巴斯克维尔家的人
Look, I know I don't look much like a Baskerville,
我也知道我像是凭空冒出来的
and I know I kind of just came out of nowhere,
可我很乐意接受DNA鉴定
but I'm happy to take a DNA test if you'd like.
罗杰雇你的时候知道你是他侄女吗
Did Rodger know that you were his niece when he hired you?
当然
Of course.
要是你不肯信我
If you won't take my word for it...
那就信他
take his.
这是你和斯泰普顿先生之间的邮件往来
This is... e-mail correspondence between you and Mr. Stapleton?
我上大学的时候罗杰叔叔找到了我
Uncle Rodger tracked me down when I was in college.
多年来 我们时不时会互通邮件
We exchanged the occasional e-mail over the years,
后来我拿到了机器人学的硕士学位
and when I got my masters in robotics,
他就给了我一份工作
he offered me a job.
他从没跟我提起过这些
He never mentioned any of this to me.
也没跟巴斯克维尔家的人提过
Or to the Baskervilles.
他也没跟我提过巴斯克维尔家的人
And he never mentioned the Baskervilles to me.
一次都没有
Not once.
我也是因为上周警♥察♥来找了我
I only found out about the trust last week
才知道了信托金的事
when the police came to see him.
知道吗 一直以来
You know, all this time,
我以为他找我
I thought he tracked me down
是为了弥补当年对我父亲的不周
to make up for the way he treated my father,
但我现在怀疑他是为了陷害我
but now I wonder if he was setting me up.
陷害你
Setting you up?
他杀了他的表兄
I would have made a good patsy
我会是个理想的替罪羊 不是吗
for when he killed his cousins, don't you think?
什么声音
What was that?
我有几位客人
I have some guests.
很棒的表演 莱昂斯小姐
Good show, Miss Lyons.
你很聪明 说罗杰想陷害你
Quite clever of you to posit that Rodger wanted to frame you,
而实际上 是你陷害了罗杰
when in fact, you framed Rodger.
没错
Oh, that's right.
你以为他死了 对吗
You thought he was dead, didn't you?
被亨利杀死的
Murdered by Henry here.
自然就让你成了巴斯克维尔信托金的继承人
Conveniently making you the heir to the Baskerville trust.
所有报纸上都是这么写的
Well, it was in all the papers.
但你最应该明白
But you of all people should know
不要相信读到的任何信息
not to believe everything you read.
她刚提供的邮件是伪造的 对吧
The e-mails she just handed over were forgeries, right?
我绝对没写过那些
I sure as hell didn't write them.
你们给我下了套
You tricked me.
我们设了个陷阱 继承人就自己闯进来了
We created a vacuum, and the heir rushed in.
或者更准确地说 是女继承人
Or more specifically, the heiress.
我们记录了你跟钱伯斯小姐的会面
We recorded your meeting with Miss Chambers.
并不能证明你派了格斯五号♥
It doesn't prove that you sent Gus Five
去追踪巴斯克维尔兄弟
after the Baskerville brothers,
但应该足够
but it should be enough
让警方申请搜查令去查你的家和车了
for police to get a warrant to search your home and car.
你的计划很详尽 而且酝酿了很长时间
Your plan was elaborate and quite some time in the making,
很难相信一点证据都找不到
so it's hard to believe there isn't some evidence to be found.
是真的
It's true,
她的下巴的确很像你哥哥
she does have your brother's chin.
尤金 请进
Eugene. Come in.
我...
I, um...
我来给你这些
came by to give you these.
你的法医同事的档案
Files on your fellow M.Es?
三个最有可能容忍♥你拜访的人
The three most likely to put up with your, uh, visits.
挑一个吧 我会提醒这倒霉蛋做好准备的
Pick one, and I will warn the unlucky winner what to expect.
你要离开吗
So you're going somewhere.
你是对的
You were right.
一如既往
As usual.
我在挣扎
I've been struggling.
我跟法医的头说了大致情况
I told the M.E. what's been going on,
我们都觉得我最好先休一阵子病假
and, uh, we decided it might be best for me to take medical leave
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表