one of my competitors swooped in
一周内就达成了交易
and closed the deal in a weekend.
你觉得这里有人帮他们破坏了你的交易
And you think someone here helped them undercut you.
有十个人在帮助我进行谈判
I had a team of ten assisting me with the negotiations.
每个人都能接触到技术条件
Each person had access to technical specifications,
成本预测以及其他
cost projections, any number of things
能帮助我的竞争对手战胜我的文件
that would make it simple for a competitor to beat our numbers.
你有怀疑谁吗
Does anyone jump out at you?
他们是个不错的团队
They're a good group.
他们来这里工作之前
Each person was vetted meticulously
我仔细审查过他们每个人
before they came to work here.
有没有可能你的竞争对手
Isn't it possible that your competitor
就是比你强呢
just did a better job than you?
有可能
It is.
事实上 如果能确定这十个人是可信的
In fact, nothing would make me happier
那我将非常开心
than knowing that I can trust the ten individuals in question.
为什么找我
Why me?
为什么不找夏洛克帮忙呢
Why not ask Sherlock for help?
夏洛克和我现在的关系不太好
Sherlock and I are not on the best of terms at present.
我会考虑一下的
I'll think about it.
如果你不愿接受...
If it's a problem...
我也理解
I do understand.
要拒绝一个刚给我在乎的慈善机构
It's pretty hard to say no to someone
捐赠了25万美金的人
who just donated a quarter of a million dollars
还是挺难的
to a charity I care about.
那才是重点 不是吗
Well, that was the whole point, right?
那都是什么啊
What's all that?
我在想能否在虚构的
I wondered if some enlightenment might be found
午夜游侠的世界中
in the fictional universe
获得一些灵感
our Midnight Ranger took inspiration from.
所以我找到了午夜游侠的粉丝社团
So I reached out to the Midnight Ranger fan community,
在他们的帮助下 我成功获得了漫画的全集
and, with their help, I managed to procure the comic's entire run.
肯定得有600册吧
There has to be, what, 600 issues?
准确来说是6♥4♥8册
6♥4♥8, to be precise.
我读了大半 我承认确实挺吸引人的
Having read the bulk of them, I confess I do see the appeal.
如果你忽略那些愚蠢的服装 方下巴
If you strip away the silly outfits, square jaws
和像头那么大的胸部的话
and skull-sized breasts,
核心是在讲要追求公正
there is a cardinal devotion to justice.
然而剧情如此没有连续性 实在太可笑了
The attention to continuity, however, is laughable.
这是19世纪40年代出的第十版
This is the tenth issue from the 1940s,
你居然把它从保护袋中拿出来了
and you took it out of its bag.
对 不然我怎么看啊
Yes. How else was I going to read it?
你为什么要做这些
And you did all this why?
因为他八十年来的行为都过于大胆
Over the course of the 80 years of his derring-do,
午夜游侠死过
the Midnight Ranger has died
五次
five times.
这让我想到我们的游侠可能是有偏执的粉丝
It occurred to me that our Ranger might have been killed
想用杀人来还原某次特定的死亡事件
by an obsessed fan attempting to recreate a particular death.
然后呢
And?
不幸的是
Unfortunately,
漫画里的死亡包括穿越回过去
the deaths in the comics involved being sent back in time,
深埋地底
buried deep underground,
变小 被外星人冒充
made microscopic, impersonated by an alien
还有我个人最喜欢的死亡方式
and-- my particular favorite demise--
被从瀑布上推下去 被他的复仇女神囚禁
pushed over a waterfall, locked in the embrace of his nemesis.
相比之下 穿甲弹感觉有些过时了
In comparison, armor-piercing bullets seem passe.
说到超级坏人
Speaking of super villains,
今天你问到我父亲的事
you asked about my father today
然后你就消失了一个小时
and then you disappeared for an hour.
为什么我觉得这两件事有点联♥系♥呢
Why do I sense a connection?
因为的确有联♥系♥
Well, because there is one.
他认为他的团队里
He thinks that one of his people
有人向对头公♥司♥倒卖♥♥公♥司♥机密
is selling company secrets to a rival.
他让我去查查看
He asked me to look into it.
只让你去吗
Only you?
对
Yeah.
他说你俩现在关系不太好
He said that you two were on the outs.
我告诉他了 我答应之前
Look, I told him that I'd have to talk to you about it
要跟你商量一下
before I agreed to help.
你好
Hello?
夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗
Is this Sherlock Holmes?
你是谁
Who's this?
一个能告诉你午夜游侠真实姓名的人
Someone who can tell you the Midnight Ranger's real name.
抱歉 你需要说得更详细些
Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.
你是说漫画里的那个午夜游侠
Do you mean the Midnight Ranger from the comic books
还是昨天绿点区死的那个
or-or the one who died in Greenpoint yesterday?
被谋杀的那个
The one who was murdered.
你能告诉我你的名字吗
Would you do me the favor of telling me your name?
我想要面谈
I want to talk in person.
时间和地点呢
Time and a place?
现在
Now.
我就在你家屋顶
I'm on your roof.
我是扛旗侠
I'm the Standard-Bearer.
特来帮忙
I'm here to help.
你在盯着我看
You're staring.
洞察力一定是你的超能力之一
Observation must be one of your superhuman abilities.
我之前也有过戴面具的来访者
I've had masked visitors before,
但他们不是来杀我就是来跟我滚床单的
but they came either to kill me or have sex with me.
有那么一次是两者都有
On one memorable occasion, both,
但你是我遇到的第一个超级英雄
but you are my first superhero.
你的出场方式确实让人印象深刻
You do make quite an entrance.
屋顶 我猜你是想
The roof-- I assume you wanted
确立你的英雄身份
to establish your hero credentials.
让你说的话更有分量一些
Lend more weight to your words.
你不会想让别人看到我按你门铃的
You don't want people seeing me ringing your doorbell.
我们之间的联♥系♥会让你陷入危险
An association between us could place you in danger.
我想是因为你树敌众多吧
Your enemies are legion, I take it.
你知道你必须把那东西摘下来
You know you're gonna have to take that off
才能喝水 对吧
to drink that, right?
这是不可避免的 为了我的安全
It's imperative for my safety
还有我所爱之人的...
and that of my loved ones that...
你不该把需要和迷信搞混
One should never confuse need with fetish.
你通过隔壁的逃生梯上了我们屋顶
You got onto our roof via the fire escape next door.
你特别的肌肉和展现如此出场的能力
Your particular musculature and ability to make that entrance
表明你是自♥由♥跑方面的专家
indicate expertise in free running.
但是略有驼背
But a slight hunch
说明你的工作需要频繁的弯腰
speaks to a job which involves frequent bending from the waist.
你身上散发着印刷溶剂的化合物味道
You smell of organic compounds redolent of printing solvents.
你在印刷店工作 很可能在阿斯托里亚
You work in a print shop, probably in Astoria,
那里 根据网上所说
where, according to the Internet,
是扛旗侠出没的地方
the Standard-Bearer walks a beat.
长话短说 你的秘密身份
Long story short, your secret identity is,
在这里 完全没意义
here, purely notional.
所以 摘掉你的面具
So take off the mask.
谢谢
Please?
你是怎么知道这些的
How'd you do all that?
我被一个有辐射的侦探咬了
I was bitten by a radioactive detective.
你怎么知道我的电♥话♥号♥码和地址的
How did you get my number and address?
你在圈子里...挺有名气
There's... awareness of you in the community.
圈子
The community?
超级英雄的圈子
The hero community.
你的一张名片被传开了
One of your business cards got around.
为什么
Why?
你是作为最后手段可以求助的人
You're someone to call on as a last resort.
你跟警♥察♥合作 但不是警♥察♥
You're with the police, but you're not police.
我们多数人不喜欢警♥察♥
Most of us don't like cops.
主要取决于街区
Depending on the neighborhood,
不能信任他们可以保护小人物
they can't be trusted to look out for the little guy.
所以我们才投身这个事业
That's why we do what we do.
你说你能告诉我们午夜游侠的真实姓名
So, you said you could tell us the Midnight Ranger's real name.
是迈克·斯特拉顿
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表