to synthesize the mushroom poison.
所以他的说法是真的
So his story checks out?
对 我们将告他私自♥制♥药
Yeah. We're holding him on the drug charges,
但他应该不是凶手
but I don't think he's our killer.
我想 你和夏洛克也没恰好查出了
So, I don't suppose you and Sherlock have had any luck
夏洛特的经销商的身份吧
identifying Charlotte's distributor?
夏洛克说他有计划
Well, Sherlock said he had a plan.
我抽空出来买♥♥点日用品 所以我也...
I just took a break to get some groceries, so I'm almost...
马库斯 我回头打给你
Marcus, I'm gonna have to call you back.
-告诉我不是你放的火 -不是我放的火
-Tell me you did not start that fire. -I did not start that fire.
你说你会处理好日租♥房♥♥的事
You said that you were gonna take care of the AwayKay problem.
是要通过民间艺术
Through folk art.
具体说
Specifically,
是电锯雕刻
chain saw sculpting.
要由一个人用电锯把整个树干
One uses a chain saw to artfully sculpt
雕刻成小熊或者老鹰什么的
entire tree trunks into a bear perhaps or an eagle.
完全是粗制滥造 而且噪音特别大
All rather kitsch and extremely loud.
我从仓库找到了我的电锯
I'd retrieved my chain saw from storage,
起火的时候我正在给它上油
and I was in the process of oiling it when that fire broke out.
所以你的不在场证明是你在给电锯上油
So your alibi is that you were oiling your chain saw.
你当初在221A就是这么解决问题的吗
Is this how you solved your problem at 221A?
用民间艺术
Folk art?
我买♥♥下了221A
I bought 221A.
现在的情况让我非常愿意故技重施
I was quite willing to do the same in our current situation,
但电锯看起来像是更合逻辑的第一步
but the chain saw seemed like a logical first step.
好吧 抱歉我说你是纵火犯
Well, I am sorry that I accused you of arson.
我确实是明显的嫌疑人
Well, I was the obvious suspect.
消防警认为是电力起火
The fire marshal believes that the fire was electrical in nature,
由一个有故障的扩音器引起的
started by a faulty amplifier.
是意外
An accident.
另一方面 我下单买♥♥了些
In other news, I've placed express orders
勃起功能障碍药物
for erectile dysfunction medication
从七家在线药店买♥♥的
from several dozen online pharmacies.
考虑到夏洛特和格里芬在生产的药量
Given the volume of pills Charlotte and Griffin were manufacturing,
这看起来是最有可能的分销途径
it seems like the most likely route for distribution.
注意真品和仿冒品间的细微差别
Note the subtle difference between the counterfeits and the real thing.
夏洛特和格里芬的药没那么蓝
Charlotte and Griffin's pills are a little less blue.
要是我能找到跟这一样颜色的药
If I can find pills in the same shade,
也许就能找出
I might be able to identify
他们是用哪家网上药店来进行分销的了
which online pharmacy they were using to distribute their wares.
好吧 我不经意间卖♥♥过一些假药
Okay. So I inadvertently sold some counterfeit medicine.
你们是要警告我吗 还是罚款
We talking a warning, a fine?
你看起来并不是很担心
You don't seem very concerned.
干我这行 罚款只是代价的一部分
In my line of work, fines are just part of the cost of doing business.
那谋杀呢
What about murder?
也是你们生意模式的一部分吗
Is that part of your business model as well?
谁被杀了
Who got murdered?
夏洛特·康尼格
Charlotte Konig.
制♥造♥这些药的女人
The woman who made those pills.
她被毒死了
She was poisoned.
你是个有执照的药剂师 冯先生
You're a licensed pharmacist, Mr. Fong.
我想你对生化实验室应该熟门熟路吧
I assume you know your way around a biochem lab.
我有什么理由杀夏洛特
Why would I kill Charlotte?
她的货很好
She made a great product.
所以你承认你是她的分销商了
So you admit to being her distributor?
是 对 可我没杀她
Yeah, fine, but I didn't kill her.
那钱呢
So where's the money?
什么钱
What money?
你跟她买♥♥货 该付的钱
The money that you should've paid her for her product--
几十万美元
hundreds of thousands of dollars.
我该付的每一分都付清了
I paid Charlotte every dime that I owed her.
只不过是用不动产的形式
I just did it in real estate.
你们看
Look.
她让我在纽瓦克买♥♥了很多破房♥子
She had me buy up a bunch of rundown properties in Newark,
放在一个信托基金名下
put them in a trust
她是唯一的秘密受益人
where she was a secret sole beneficiary.
都是只付利息的贷款
Those are all interest-only loans.
我支付利息 来换取更多的药品
And I pay the interest, in exchange for more product.
但我觉得她没打算长♥期♥持有那些房♥子
But I don't think she was gonna hold on to the properties for long.
我有感觉她在跟人谈交易
I got a feeling she was working on a deal
想卖♥♥出去从中获利 但她没跟我细说过
to unload them at a profit, but she never told me the details.
这些房♥产 你有地图吗
You got a map of these properties?
当然
Sure.
都离泽拉肯的大楼很近
Those are all near Zerakem facilities.
我想我们终于找到夏洛特要报复的人了
I think we've finally found Charlotte's revenge.
注意夏洛特这里的这些房♥产
Note the location of Charlotte's properties here.
都跟这两处泽拉肯的大楼交界
All of them bordering these two Zerakem facilities.
看到了
I see.
泽拉肯在这个区域有三处产业 对吧
Now, Zerakem has three facilities in the area, right?
这两处深入内陆 主楼在这里
These two, further inland, and this main one here
在帕塞伊克河的河边
by the Passaic River.
彼此间相隔1.2公里多一点
These are separated by a little over a quarter of a mile.
对吧
Correct?
对
Correct.
好 你能为我们解释下吗
Right. Could you explain to us
为什么一定得有这些距离
why that distance is important?
因为要让环保局认为它们是三处独♥立♥实体
For these facilities to be considered separate entities by the EPA,
就必须相互间隔1.2公里以上
they have to be more than a quarter of a mile apart.
要是再近一些 鉴于环保条例
If they're any closer, they count as one facility
它们就得算做一处了
for the sake of pollution regulation.
而一处大产业比起三处小产业
And one larger facility is subject to much more
将面临更加严格地管制
stringent regulation than three smaller ones.
根据泽拉肯提交给市里的计划书
Now, according to plans Zerakem's filed with the city,
他们准备在这个车间
they plan to implement
实施夏洛特的生物燃料加工方法
Charlotte's biofuel process at this plant here.
藻池在这里 加工处在这里
Algae tanks here, processing here.
但有一个问题
Except there's a problem.
如果扩张 你们就消除了建筑间的间隙
By expanding, you close the gap between the facilities,
这就会引发更严格的环保管制
which will trigger much more stringent EPA regulations
每年会花费数百万美元 除非
that will cost you millions per year, unless...
我们把这两栋建筑向内陆扩张
We expand these two facilities further inland.
因为环保局测量建筑间的距离
Because the EPA measures the distance between facilities
不是测量边界间 而是中心间的距离
not from border to border, but from center to center.
那么要是你这样扩张
So if you expand these facilities like so...
泽拉肯就能继续享有以前的污染标准
And Zerakem can continue to pollute at their old levels
不用罚款也不用升级
without paying fines or making upgrades.
夏洛特先你们一步想到了这点
Charlotte figured that out before you did.
她给你们设了路障
She roadblocked you.
她想隔开泽拉肯
She was trying to gouge Zerakem
让你们支付她觉得你们欠她的
into paying her the money that she believed she was owed
加工生物燃料方法的钱
for her biofuel process.
高于市场价1500万
$15 million above market--
持有这些产业的信托基金想要这个价
that's what the trust that holds these properties was demanding.
不过夏洛特现在死了
Except now Charlotte is dead.
据我们目前所知 她没有子嗣
As far as we can tell, she has no heirs,
所以银行会没收她的产业
so the banks will foreclose on her properties,
泽拉肯就能以公平的市场价购买♥♥了
and Zerakem will be able to purchase them at fair market value.
这样能省下好几百万
Thus saving millions
也不用付钱给一个一直让你们不好过的人了
and avoiding paying off a gadfly who's been making you suffer.
我听着像是杀人动机了
Sounds like a motive for murder to me.
我成年后一直在泽拉肯工作
I have worked my entire adult life at Zerakem.
我从没听信过
I've never believed the rumors
关于公♥司♥手段的传闻
about what the company is capable of.
我没看到过任何不道德行为的证据
I-I've never seen any real evidence of any wrongdoing.
但如果信托背后的人是夏洛特·康尼格
But if Charlotte Konig is behind the trust
而她现在死了
and now she's dead...
我不会为一个杀人的公♥司♥效力的
I won't work for a company that murders people.
你们需要什么
What do you need?
你是提议合作吗
You're offering to cooperate?
我是提议把泽拉肯连根拔除
I'm offering to burn Zerakem to the ground.
帕尔小姐把一切都给我们了
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表