他意识到他需要埃迪·罗斯死
he realized he needed Eddie Ross dead.
布莱斯不是个黑帮大佬
Now, Brice isn't a Mob boss.
他可不认识很多纵火犯
He doesn't know dozens of criminals for hire.
他只认识一个 所以他打给了他
He only knows one, so he calls him.
如果这是纵火罪 而且是很有可能的"如果"
If this was arson-- and that's a considerable "If"--
那可处理得非常干净
it was carried out so meticulously
完全没被发现
that it was never detected.
埃迪·罗斯的死可是一团糟
Eddie Ross's murder was a mess.
使用的凶器就是很好的切入点
The weapon used was one of opportunity--
有一把泥铲被留在了现场
a trowel left lying around.
没有一个蓄意谋杀的人
Now, no one goes to commit a murder
会指望现场能有趁手的武器
hoping there's going to be a weapon handy,
尤其是专业杀手
least of all a professional.
我想过 然后想起了你那天
I thought about that, and then I remembered
在停尸间说的一些话
something you said in the morgue the other day.
埃迪的邻居告诉警方
Eddie's neighbor told police
她闻到了瓦斯味 不是汽油
she smelled gas, not gasoline.
马库斯以为她记混了 可万一真是如此呢
Marcus thought she got confused, but what if she didn't?
继续
Go on.
要是凶手想放一场火
What if the killer was planning to set a fire
希望看起来像瓦斯泄漏造成的意外
that was supposed to look like a gas leak,
可埃迪正好醒了 撞见了他呢
but then Eddie woke up and walked in on him?
一旦事情开始混乱
Once things got messy,
就不可能看起来像意外了
there'd be no point in staging a fire that looked accidental.
于是他用汽油替换了瓦斯
So he replaced the gas with petrol.
他得确保尸体上没留下线索能查到他
Needed to be sure he left no trace of himself on the body.
查清谁放了这场火
Figure out who committed this arson...
也许我们就能查出谁放了这场火
then maybe we'll figure out who committed this one.
不管你要说什么 先打给我的律师
Anything you have to say, call my lawyer.
他不在场我什么都不会说
I'm not talking to you without him.
其实你根本什么都不用说了
Actually, you're not going to have to do any talking at all.
这楼不错
Nice building.
能理解你为什么想在这里办公
Can see why you'd want to have offices in it.
以前这地方可是个垃圾场
The building that used to occupy this space was a dump,
只是个猜测 你让人烧了它
so, it's a small wonder you had it burned down
好让你的保险公♥司♥买♥♥单让你重建升级
so your insurance company would pay for an upgrade.
纽约警局想被控诽谤吗
Is the NYPD looking for a slander suit?
你雇了个叫弗拉基米尔·奥洛夫的职业纵火犯
You hired a professional torch named Vladimir Orlov
四年前放火烧了这栋楼
to set a fire in this building four years ago,
并于四晚前杀了埃迪·罗斯
and to kill Eddie Ross four nights ago.
不 我从来没见过这人
No. I've never seen that man before.
这栋楼2011年被烧时
When this building burned down in 2011,
最先起火那个单元的
the smoke detector in the unit
烟雾报♥警♥器一直没响过
where the fire started never went off.
电池没电了
The batteries were dead,
虽然大楼管♥理♥员♥发誓
even though the building manager swore
说他一周前才刚换过
he had just replaced them a week before.
没有其他迹象表明是不正当行为
There was no other sign of foul play,
所以没人多想
so no one thought much of it.
但经过最近几天发生的这些事
But after everything that's happened
当初的真♥相♥就浮出水面了
the last few days, it jumped out at us.
我们怀疑 你的纵火犯是不是用旧电池
We wonder-- did your arsonist replace the fresh batteries
换走了新电池 以拖延消防局赶到的时间
with dead ones to delay the arrival of the fire department?
如果他在2011年这么干过
And if he did so in 2011,
他是否在2015年也这么干了呢
did he also do so in 2015?
事实证明果然如此
Turns out he had.
但当事情脱离了正轨
But when things went sideways,
他得撤销他想放的火
and he had to undo the fire he was planning to set,
于是他把新电池重新放回了埃迪的报♥警♥器
he put the good batteries back into Eddie's smoke detector.
对他来说很不幸的是
Unfortunately for him,
对你也一样
well, and for you,
新的火集中在了埃迪尸体周围
the new fire was concentrated around Eddie's body.
对烟雾报♥警♥器没造成任何损坏
Didn't do any damage to the smoke detector,
也没破坏弗拉基米尔留在电池上的指纹
or to the prints Vladimir Orlov left on the batteries.
过去几小时我们一直拘留着他
We've had him in custody the last few hours.
他供出了你和雇他杀埃迪·罗斯的人
He named you as the guy who hired him to kill Eddie Ross.
邓肯·布莱斯 你被捕了
Duncan Brice, you're under arrest.
你有权保持沉默
You have the right to remain silent.
但你说的每一句话都将成为呈堂证供
Anything you say can be used against you in court.
知道有什么事完全吓不住我吗
You know what doesn't scare me at all?
回到我的车♥库♥
Coming back to my garage
发现有个陌生的白人自己进来了
and finding some strange white guy let himself in.
并不是说以前就没出过事
Not like that's ever gone badly for me.
抱歉 我本来在外面等的
Sorry. I was waiting outside,
有点无聊 于是就进来了
and I got bored, so I came inside.
然后我又无聊了
And then I got bored again.
告诉我你找到了
You tell me you came up with a solution
解决线路问题的方法 我就原谅你
for that wiring problem, all is forgiven.
最近怎么样
So what's up?
你还好吗
You doing okay?
其实 我在想 我不知道...
Uh, actually, I was, I was wondering if, uh...
你是否还好
you were okay.
那天你跟华生说
Um, the other day, you told Watson
我一整周没去参加圣卢克教区的
that I had not been to any of the meetings
任何互助会
at St. Luke's that whole past week.
没错
That's right.
好吧 圣卢克教区一周会开五场互助会
Right. St. Luke's holds five meetings a week.
你通常会参加两场
You typically attend two of them.
我突然想到你不会知道
It occurred to me you wouldn't know
我一次都没去 除非你每场都去了
I hadn't been to any unless you had been to all of them.
然后昨天
And then, yesterday,
在一次完全不同的互助会上
at an entirely different meeting,
我注意到了那个甜甜圈盒子
I noticed this box of donuts
是街那头那家店的
from the shop up the street,
是你喜欢的那种
that you like.
所以你参加了之前那场互助会 对吗
So you'd been to that meeting just before, had you not?
是又怎么了
What if I had?
很明显这说明你在参加比平常更多的互助会
Well, obviously, it means you're attending more meetings than you usually do.
那就表明
And that would suggest
你在跟什么事作斗争
that you're struggling with something.
我不想把这事扣在你身上
I just didn't want to put this on you.
把什么扣在我身上
Put what on me?
我不知道 我很...低落
I don't know. I'm... down.
不用想了
And before you even think it--
跟奥斯卡·兰金无关
it has nothing to do with Oscar Rankin.
那跟什么有关
What does it have to do with?
我要是知道 就不会
If I knew that, I wouldn't have gone
一周参加八场互助会了
to eight meetings this week.
你知道我是你的朋友 所以
Well, you know, I am your friend, so...
你可以告诉我的
you could have told me.
你刚拿到你的30天奖章
You just got your 30-day chip.
帮助你对我来说也会是好事
And helping you would be good for me.
对吗
Right?
你一直建议
You've always suggested
事关我的清醒
that I should sometimes be selfish
我有时候该自私点 然而现在
with regards to my sobriety, and yet, here you are
你的清醒有了风险 而你却选择了无私
with yours at stake, and you choose to be selfless.
太不应该了
Shame on you.
你今晚有安排吗
You got plans tonight?
没有
I do not.
关上门 我来做晚餐
Well, close this door, I'll cook us some dinner.
我甚至会用天然的食材
I'll even use food that occurs in nature.
那会对你有帮助吗
And that would be helpful to you?
我不知道
Ah, I don't know.
试试就知道了
I guess we'll find out.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表