I'm twice your size."
你们真的认为有人因为我们的工作
You really think that someone killed Charles
而杀死了查尔斯
because of the work we were doing?
你们的工作本来就饱受争议
The work you do is controversial.
不该有这么大的争议
Well, it shouldn't be.
你们也看到了 我们生产的转基因生物
As you can see, the genetically modified organisms we create
是无害的
are harmless.
抗虫害的土豆
Pest-resistant potatoes.
产蛋更多的母鸡
Hens that can produce more eggs.
尽管事实如此
The fact remains,
但查尔斯还是因为与这家实验室的关系
Charles Baskerville received death threats
收到了死亡威胁 随后就死了
over his association with this lab, and then died.
我们都会收到死亡威胁
Well, we all receive threats.
这是这项事业的风险所在
It's a hazard of the trade.
给查尔斯发死亡威胁的人中有一个比较特别
One of the people who sent threats to Charles stood out.
他对自己的描述
The way he described himself
符合本案凶手的特征
fit the physical description of our killer.
我们觉得如果他曾威胁过这里其他人
We thought if he threatened anyone else here,
我们就可能找到他
we might be able to identify him.
能让我看看这些威胁留言吗...
If I could see the notes in question...
夏洛克的手♥机♥上有
Sherlock has them on his phone.
这可不是抗虫害土豆
That is not a pest-resistant potato.
没错 它叫康沃尔
No, that's Cornwall.
是只很特别的狗
He's a very special dog.
看得出来
I can tell.
天啊
Oh, my God.
它会发光
It's glowing.
能否说明一下
Is he also modified to account for his whereabouts
查尔斯·巴斯克维尔死亡当晚它的下落
the night Charles Baskerville was murdered?
好样的
Good boy.
严格说来 康沃尔是个多种基因嵌合体
Technically, Cornwall's a chimera.
它身上有两种不同物种的遗传基因
An animal with genetic material from two different species.
在它身上 我们采用了
In his case, we introduced
水母的DNA 令它的皮肤能够生物性发光
jellyfish DNA to make his skin bioluminescent.
它看起来很乖
He seems very sweet.
是的
He is.
他也很喜欢查尔斯
And he loved Charles.
他们俩经常一起玩掷球
They used to throw that ball around all the time.
至于查尔斯死亡当晚康沃尔的去向
As for Cornwall's whereabouts the night Charles died,
它从未离开过实验室
he's never left the lab.
你为何如此确定
How can you be certain?
我们一直在监视它
We monitor him constantly.
运用水母的DNA是项实验
The jellyfish DNA is an experiment.
如果它能保持健康稳定
If he stays healthy,
那就意味着我们可以运用基因序列
that means we can introduce genetic code
来治疗癌症
for resisting cancer
或增强运动技巧 控制血糖
or enhancing motor skills, controlling blood sugar.
用途应有尽有
You name it.
它可能就是引发死亡威胁的
Well, he could be the "GMO-trocity"
所谓"基因改造生物暴行"
that triggered the threats.
发送那种信息的人
People who send those kinds of messages
不见得有那么高的辨别能力
aren't particularly discerning in their judgments.
"基因改造生物暴行"
"GMO-trocity"?
这字眼出自
The person you're looking for used
你们要找的那个人之口
that exact term?
每条信息中都运用过多次
Multiple times a message.
没错 我也收到过类似的威胁
Yes, I received similar threats.
每星期几十次
Dozens a week.
事实上 我们的保安人员正在调查这事
Actually, our security people are looking into it.
我打电♥话♥问问他们
I'll call them.
希望目前
I hope by now
他们已经找到发信人了
they've managed to locate the sender.
塞尔登先生 我们是警♥察♥局的
Mr. Selden, we work with the police.
请您把门打开
Please answer the door.
我能听见你的呼吸声 开门
I can hear you breathing. Open up.
还是你想让我去找你的缓刑官谈谈
Or would you prefer we spoke with your probation officer?
你们想怎样
What do you want?
我在新闻上听到
I heard about Charles Baskerville's
查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的小意外了
little accident on the news.
发生在他这科学败类身上真是罪有应得
Couldn't have happened to a nicer perverter of science.
事实上
Actually,
我们不认为那是意外
we don't think it was an accident.
不完全是
Not exactly.
我们认为他死的那晚有人在追他
We think someone was chasing him the night that he died.
而你们觉得是我...
And you thought that I...?
巴斯克维尔是在周日晚上死的 对吧
Baskerville was offed Sunday night, right?
刚过九点
Just after 9:00.
我当时跟我妹妹在一家喜剧俱乐部
I was at a comedy club with my sister.
真不应该去
Big mistake.
每个上台表演的蠢货
Every bozo that got onstage
都拿我来取笑
made me the centerpiece of their routines.
嘲笑胖人是美国人唯一能容忍♥的偏见了
Fat shaming is the last acceptable prejudice in America.
我们发现你在反对转基因生物的网站上发过帖
We found you through your posts on anti-GMO web sites.
我们知道你和一群跟你观点相同的人
We know that you communicate with a lot of people
经常联♥系♥
who share your outlook.
你觉得他们中有人威胁过查尔斯·巴斯克维尔吗
Do you think any of them ever threatened Charles Baskerville?
没有 网站上那些人都只是发发牢骚
Nah. The people on those sites are mostly whiners and posers.
不像你
Unlike you?
我勇敢地站了出来
I put myself out there.
转基因生物对人类的生存会产生威胁
GMOs are a threat to human existence.
转基因食物会让我们生病
Modified foods can make us sick.
转基因类的疾病会让我们灭绝
Modified diseases could wipe us out.
我告诉那些从事这方面工作的人他们在做什么
I tell the people making the stuff what's what.
这么说你不光是给
So you've sent threats to people
巴斯克维尔基因公♥司♥的员工发过威胁信
other than the employees of Baskerville Genetics?
看看我放在桌子上的研究
Take a look at my research on the table.
随便看
Go ahead.
你觉得只有他们在制♥造♥这些恶心的东西吗
You think they're the only ones creating abominations?
这是只鸡吗
This is a chicken?
被改造成没毛的
Engineered to be
这样处理起来比较简单
featherless for easier processing.
你们可能就吃过这种鸡却完全不知道
You could've eaten one of those and not even known it.
你应该看看这个
Hey, you should take a look at this.
这是什么
What precisely is this?
战争狗
A war dog.
为美国♥军♥方打造的
Made for the U.S. Military.
它应该比普通的狗
It's supposed to be stronger,
更强壮 更聪明也更快
smarter and faster than a normal dog.
而且接到命令后能够杀人
And willing to kill on command.
不过 就让他们
But, hey, let them
继续告诉你转基因生物是无害的吧
keep telling you how harmless GMOs are.
我承认查尔斯和我有些不同的看法
Oh, I'll admit Charles and I had our disagreements.
在一些很有价值的
He underbid you
合同上他都出价比你低
on several valuable contracts.
在抗旱水稻的市场上他也胜过了你
Beat you to market with drought-resistant rice
而且他还挖走了你的十几名员工
and stole a dozen of your employees.
然后他就被撞死了 报应
Then he got hit by a truck-- karma.
我还是不知道叫我来这干什么
I'm still not sure why I'm here.
警方决定重新调查
The department's decided to reopen the investigation
查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的死因
into Charles Baskerville's death.
我们现在有理由相信他是被谋杀的
We now have reason to believe he was murdered.
你们觉得是我♥干♥的吗
You think I did it?
一名目击者说
A witness told us
当时查尔斯正被一只很奇怪的动物追赶
that Charles was chased down by some sort of strange animal.
可能就像这只这么奇怪
It might even be as strange as this.
你们觉得是我让这玩意去咬他的吗
You think I sicced one of these on him?
你为什么觉得被指控谋杀很好笑呢
And being accused of murder is humorous why?
因为这种动物根本不存在
Because this animal doesn't exist.
我们有证据显示你的公♥司♥
We have evidence that your company
为美国♥军♥方制♥造♥了这种所谓的
has been developing these so-called war dogs
战争狗
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表