and water desalination.
基本无害 甚至可以用来漱口
It's harmless enough to gargle with.
但这案子情况不一样
Only that's not what happened here.
闷死她的那个塑料袋里
There was more of the stuff
还有更多的硫代硫酸盐
in the plastic bag that smothered her.
她可能是在最后几次呼吸时吸入的
She probably sucked it in when she drew in her last breath.
不管怎样 那不是
Anyway, that's not the main reason
我要找你们面谈的主要原因
why I thought we should talk.
艾伦已经怀孕八周了
Ellen was eight weeks pregnant,
但她不该怀孕
and she shouldn't have been.
她做过输卵管结扎
She had a tubal ligation.
从伤痕的外表来看
From the look of the scarring,
我敢说她很早之前就做了结扎
I'd say she had her tubes tied a long time ago.
而且一直没做恢复术吗
And it was never reversed?
这很让人吃惊 但不是不可能
Well, it's surprising but not impossible.
每两百个女人中会有一个
One out of every 200 women
在结扎后仍会怀孕
gets pregnant after the procedure.
意外怀孕值得注意
Unexpected pregnancy is noteworthy,
但跟我们的调查不一定有关
but it's not necessarily germane to our investigation.
八周还很早
Eight weeks is early.
她可能自己都不知道
She might not have even known herself.
我觉得她知道
Oh, I think she did.
她的血检报告中叶酸和铁的含量很高
There's elevated levels of folic acid and iron in her blood work.
她应该在吃孕期维生素
Pretty good bet she was taking prenatal vitamins.
所以艾伦决定留下一个
So Ellen decided to keep a baby
她从没计划会有的孩子
she never planned on having.
有不少丈夫为了不要孩子都把妻子送来了这里
Husbands have sent their wives down here for less.
这看起来可能有点奇怪吧
I guess it seems strange, you know?
在这种时候装♥修♥房♥子...
Working on our house the day after...
其实是我不知道该怎么做
Truth is, I don't know what to do with myself.
怎么了
Something wrong?
不 我只是觉得你
No, I just think you, uh,
把油漆稀释剂洒在衣服上了 味道很大
spilled some paint thinner on your shirt. It's pretty strong.
抱歉 我没注意
Sorry. Didn't notice.
艾伦对改造房♥子的
Ellen was so into this plan
这个计划非常上心
to remodel and flip the house.
这就是我没接到电♥话♥的原因
That's why I missed her call.
我在去北边的一个修理厂的路上
I was on my way upstate to some salvage place,
去找一些她在网上找到的
on a mission to pick up some antique doorknobs
古董门把手
that she... found online.
那家修理厂能证明你的话吗
Will the salvage yard be able to verify that?
不 我在路上遇到了堵车
No. No, I hit traffic on my way up.
我到的时候他们已经关门了
By the time I got there, they were closed,
所以我只能空手而归
and I had to turn around empty-handed.
我以为艾伦会生气
Thought Ellen would be pissed,
但如果你们在问我的不在场证明
but if you're asking me for an alibi,
那你们肯定是真不知道这是谁干的
you must really have no idea who did this.
我们想知道你对怀孕怎么看
We were wondering how you felt about the pregnancy.
什么
The what?
你妻子有近两个月的身孕了 雅各布斯先生
Your wife was almost two months pregnant, Mr. Jacobs,
尽管她做了输卵管结扎
despite her tubal ligation.
你不知道 对吗
You didn't know, did you?
对
No.
我不知道
I didn't.
你知道外遇的事吗
Did you know about the affair?
你不是孩子的父亲 雅各布斯先生
You weren't the father, Mr. Jacobs.
你不可能是
You couldn't have been.
你不长胡子
You're unable to grow facial hair,
你的肌肉组织发育不全
your musculature is underdeveloped,
而且你没有嗅觉
and your sense of smell is nonexistent,
因为你对油漆稀释剂的味道无动于衷
as evidenced by your imperviousness to paint thinner.
你有卡尔曼综合征
You have Kallmann syndrome,
对吗
do you not?
有卡尔曼综合征的人会停留在青春期
People with Kallmann syndrome don't go through puberty,
并且无法生育 除非做激素替代治疗
and they can't have children without hormone replacement therapy
和生育治疗
and fertility treatments.
如果你能告诉我们艾伦情夫的名字
You would be doing yourself and our investigation a great service
那对你和我们的调查来说
if you could tell us the name of the man
都是帮了大忙了
that Ellen was sleeping with.
不
No.
不可能
No way.
这都是胡扯
This is bull.
艾伦没有怀孕
Ellen was not pregnant,
而且她没有外遇
and she wasn't having an affair.
我是她丈夫 所以你们觉得是我♥干♥的
I'm the husband, so you think I did it.
你们在骗我 想让我说一些傻话
You're messing with me, and you want me to say something stupid.
我们可以给你看验尸报告 雅各布斯先生
We can show you the autopsy report, Mr. Jacobs.
不 你们能做的就是离开
No. What you can do is leave.
你们想让我再开口吗
You want me to talk to you again?
把我抓去
Make me.
我会带上我的律师
I'll bring my attorney.
现在从我的门廊滚出去
Now, get the hell off my porch.
就因为他不知道怀孕的事
Just because he didn't know about the pregnancy
不能证明他不知道外遇的事
doesn't mean he didn't know about the affair.
戴绿帽的男人和被谋杀的妻子
Cuckolds and murdered wives
总是会凑到一起
have a habit of going together.
你相信他说的
Did you buy that story
他昨晚去买♥♥门把手的事吗
that he was looking for doorknobs last night?
我没有什么意见
I have no opinion either way.
通过交通摄像头的录像验证他的话
Should be easy enough to confirm his story
是很容易的事
using traffic camera footage.
与此同时 不如你去看看
In the meantime, why don't you pay a visit
艾伦的通讯录里的妇产科医生吧
to the ob-gyn listed in Ellen's address book?
如果雅各布斯先生是无辜的
If Mr. Jacobs is innocent,
那可能是艾伦的另一个男人
it might be the other man in Ellen's life
对怀孕的事持反对态度
who reacted negatively to the pregnancy.
她的医生可能知道他的名字
Her doctor may know his name.
抱歉 但我不知道我能如何帮你
I'm sorry, but I don't see how I can help you.
你是艾伦的医生 她会跟你谈心
You were Ellen's doctor; she talked to you.
而她说的所有事
And everything she said is protected
都受医患保密协定的保护
by doctor-patient confidentiality.
没错 但现在是你做决定的时候
Right. But now it's a judgment call,
因为保密协定在患者死后
because confidentiality isn't binding
就失去约束力了
once a patient is deceased.
这时医生就可以多透露一些
At that point, a doctor can be more transparent,
尤其是在能帮助解决谋杀案的时候
especially if you could help with a murder.
每位医生都有自己的道德标准
Well, every doctor has his or her own ethical standards.
这就是我的标准
These are mine.
好吧 那我们简单点说
Okay, so let's keep things simple.
艾伦来你这看病有多久了
How long was Ellen a patient?
她来过两次
she'd been in twice.
我不太了解她
I hardly knew her.
她很高兴要做妈妈了吗
And was she excited about becoming a mother?
在我看来 是的
In my impression? I think so.
那么孩子的父亲呢 他高兴吗
What about the father? Was he excited?
我不知道
I wouldn't know.
她是自己来的
She came in alone.
你知道她丈夫不是孩子的父亲吗
Were you aware that her husband wasn't the father?
我不能回答这个问题
I can't answer that.
这很重要 我必须找出真正的父亲
It's important that we identify the real father
才能查出...
so that we can figure out...
雅各布斯夫人不是来这里讨论孩子父亲的
Mrs. Jacobs didn't come here to discuss paternity.
她来这里是为了确保妊娠成功
She came here to have a successful pregnancy.
可以了吗
Is that all?
抱歉 但是蓝十字会的人又回来了
I'm sorry. The Blue Cross people are back,
-他们急着要找你 -谢谢 黛比
- and they're anxious to speak with you. - Thanks, Deb.
我马上过去
I'll be right there.
我得去处理下
I need to handle this.
而且我想我们也没什么要谈的了
And I don't think there's much else to discuss.
我还有几个问题
I just have a few more questions.
我可以等着 没事
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表