One from the author, and one which matched
前空军军官尼尔·达农的右手拇指吻合
the right thumb pad of former Air Force Officer Neil Dannon.
所以 尼尔体验到了他儿子的疯狂
So, Neil got a taste of his son's crazy.
这种事通常可不会传染
That kind of thing normally isn't contagious.
想象这样一个可悲的瞬间
Imagine for one depressing moment,
你是托比·达农的父亲
you are Toby Dannon's father.
你有个儿子 很多人都说他有问题
You have a son that many say is troubled, disturbed.
他暴♥力♥
He is quick to violence.
偏执 冷血
He's obsessive. He is unfeeling,
可不管他有多少问题
but no matter how difficult he may be,
他始终是你儿子
he's still your son.
你仍会觉得自己需要保护他
You still feel the need to protect him.
有一天 你发现了一套日记
One day, you discover a series of journals.
令你惊慌的是 日记里详细记录了
To your dismay, they detail plans
要伤害一个叫简妮特·赫弗南的女人的计划
to hurt a woman named Janet Heffernan.
你会怎么做
What do you do?
让他得到帮助 很多帮助
Get him help, lots of it.
他的确找人帮他了
He did get Toby help.
但并没起作用
It wasn't working.
所以他在他儿子动手前 先杀了简妮特
So he killed Janet Heffernan before his son could.
如果他这么做了
If he did, he would have prevented
就能防止他儿子成为杀人犯
his son from becoming a murderer.
我们所有能指向托比的证据
All the evidence we have that points to Toby,
都能指向他父亲
points to the dad.
他们都熟悉爱德公园
They're both familiar with Idlewild Park,
他们都能接触到商品级的爆♥炸♥品
they both have access to commercial grade explosives...
有个问题
There's a problem.
假设你是对的
Let's say you're right.
假设他身上也有抓伤
Let's say he's covered with scratches.
可我们无法在简妮特的指甲里找到他的DNA
We won't find his DNA under Janet's fingernails.
她的遗体已经受损了
Her remains were destroyed.
我们没有证据
We have no proof.
没错 警监
That's right, Captain.
通常我对证据都非常苛求
And, now, I normally have a voracious appetite for proof,
但这个案子 我觉得我们根本不需要证据
but in this case, I don't think we need any.
你确定吗 100%
You sure about this? 100%?
恐怕是的
I'm afraid so.
我们问了交通局的三个保安
We interviewed three different guards at the MTA,
其中一个承认托比花了钱
and one of them admitted that Toby paid him
让他把周三的地铁A线的监控录像
to switch Wednesday's A train security footage
跟周二的互换
with Tuesday's.
你儿子想伪造
Your son tried to falsify
简妮特·赫弗南遇害时的不在场证明
an alibi for Janet Heffernan's death.
你也能想象到了 这在他的庭审上
Now, as you can imagine, that's not going to look
可不会是什么好事
very good at his trial.
而且 他的一个工友说
Nor will the fact that one of his co-workers
奥马尔·韦莱兹在爱德公园遇害时
said he went missing at the time Omar Velez was killed
他恰好不在工地
in Idlewild Park.
你跟我们说这些干什么
Why are you telling us this?
因为我们希望你们帮忙
Because we'd like your help.
现在 托比正被我们的一位警员监视着
Right now, Toby is being surveilled by one of our units.
这是警方怀疑一个人是炸♥弹♥客时的标准程序
It's the standard procedure when you're suspected of being a bomber.
战术专家认为要以杀害赫弗南小姐的罪名
The tactical experts think the safest way to arrest Toby
逮捕托比的最安全的方式
for Ms. Heffernan's murder
是在他家里动手
is at his home.
他的工作地点人太多
His job site's too crowded.
所以 等他稍后下工回来
So, when he gets back from work later,
希望你们帮我们稳住他
we'd like for you to help us keep him calm,
确保一切顺利进行
make sure everything goes smoothly,
不要让其他人受到伤害
so nobody else gets hurt.
你想让我们帮忙把儿子送进监狱
You want us to help you put our son in prison.
你们得放手了
You'll get to say good-bye.
托比正面临三项一级谋杀指控
Toby is looking at three counts of first degree murder.
他将无法保释
He is never going to get bail or parole.
就在今天了
Today is it.
好吧 我们会照你说的做
Okay, we'll do whatever you ask.
不
No.
我们必须如此
No, we have to.
不 托比是无辜的
No, Toby is innocent.
达农先生 请考虑一下证据
Mr. Dannon, please consider the evidence...
不 你不明白
No, you don't understand.
是我♥干♥的
I did this.
我杀了简妮特
I killed Janet.
什么
What?
我不是有意的
I never meant for it to happen.
我知道托比喜欢简妮特
I knew Toby liked Janet, I...
我发现了他的日记
found his journals,
我找他对质了
and I confronted him.
我能看出来他不会罢手
I could tell that he wasn't gonna let it go.
他做不到
He couldn't.
我去找简妮特 让她别再跟托比说话了
I went to Janet and I asked her to stop talking to Toby,
也别再卖♥♥药给他了
stop selling him drugs.
我甚至提出给钱让她搬家 消失
I even offered her money to move, to disappear.
她不肯听我的
She wouldn't listen.
我们争执了起来
We started arguing, and...
接下来我知道的就是 她冲我扑了过来
the next thing I knew, she came at me.
我不知道 我们打了起来
I don't know. We were fighting.
我是出于自卫 我发誓
It was self-defense, I swear.
那杀害奥马尔·韦莱兹呢
And the murder of Omar Velez?
还有在停尸间炸死了妮可·斯莱特的炸♥弹♥呢
And the bomb which killed Nicole Slater at the morgue?
我想那也是出于自卫吧
That was self-defense, too, I suppose.
天啊
Oh, God...
天啊
Oh, God...
你在这儿待很久了吗
You been out here long?
我今天去看妮卡·卡弗了
I went to see Nyoka Carver today.
我陪她坐了很久
I sat with her for a very long time.
还跟她母亲谈了谈
I talked to her mother.
关于我吗
About me?
关于妮卡
About Nyoka.
你知道她在学校因为是同性恋而受到了欺辱吗
Did you know she was bullied in school because she was gay?
不知道
No.
有趣的是 她从没让那些击垮过自己
The funny thing is, she never let it get to her.
她的态度是默默忍♥受
Her attitude was turn the other cheek.
她甚至在申请一所大学时写了篇相关论文
She even wrote an essay about it for a college application.
我猜猜 你觉得她不希望任何人
Let me guess, you don't think she would have wanted
去找赫克托·门多萨的麻烦
anyone going after Hector Mendoza.
我不知道她会想要什么
I don't know what she would have wanted,
但我不认为你做那些是为了她
but I don't think you did what you did for her.
我觉得你是为了自己
I think you did it for yourself.
你需要伤害他
You needed to hurt him.
是他必须得到伤害
He needed to be hurt.
这是有区别的
There's a difference.
我已经决定要帮你了
I've decided I am gonna help you.
我会警告你 下不为例
By warning you, don't do this again.
否则怎样
Or what?
否则我会证明是你干的
Or I'll prove it was you.
我看了袭击赫克托的报告
I read the report on Hector's assault.
你很谨慎
You were careful.
没有证据证明是你干的
There's no evidence that you did it.
但下次
But next time...
你干这行四年了 对吧
You've been doing this four years, right?
在那之前你是个戒毒专家
And before that you were some kind of rehab expert,
再之前你是个医生
and before that you were a doctor.
四年根本不值一提
Four years is nothing.
你以为你看透了一切 可你并没有
You think you've seen things, but you haven't.
睁一眼闭一眼吧 乔恩
Stay the course this time, Joan.
这事就别管了
Stick this one out.
而最终 我会像你一样看清一切
Eventually, I'll see things just like you.
你和你的搭档
You and your partner,
你们已经在边缘了
you're already right on that edge.
谁知道呢
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表