反正他也没做什么
It's not like he did anything.
也许你是对的
You may be right.
根据我的经验 有罪的人
In my experience, the guilty party
很少会雇人做调查
rarely hires someone to investigate.
但如果你不介意我问问的话
But, if you don't mind me asking you,
你为什么觉得他是无辜的
why do you think he's innocent?
对于一个丈夫已经失踪快一周的女人来说
For a woman who's husband has been missing for almost a week,
你看起来一点也不担心
you seem rather unconcerned.
因为我的确不担心 我很生气
That's because I'm not concerned-- I'm angry.
文斯没有躺在哪条沟里
Vince isn't lying in a ditch somewhere,
他跟一个红发女人私奔了
he ran off with some redhead.
可能是个病人或者护士
Probably a patient or a nurse.
他工作时认识的人
Someone he met at work.
你这么想是因为...
And you think this because?
我的两个好姐妹几周前在城里
My two girlfriends saw him buying her lunch
看到他请她吃午餐
in the city a few weeks ago.
她们偷偷监视了一切
You know, looking over his shoulder, the whole deal.
她们说她很瘦 她们都想送她块牛排了
They said she was so skinny they wanted to send over a steak.
我问了文斯
I asked Vince about it--
他不肯告诉我她是谁
he wouldn't tell me who she was.
我还应该怎么想
So what else am I supposed to think?
你在上报他的失踪时
You mentioned none of this
完全没有提过这些
when you reported him missing to the police.
如果我说了 他们就根本不会查了
If I had, they wouldn't have looked for him at all.
我表哥是警♥察♥ 我知道他们怎么办事
My cousin's a cop. I know how it works.
你还是要做好最坏的打算
You should still prepare yourself for the worst.
你丈夫失踪的细节
The details of your husband's disappearance,
还有他被扔下的生意
and the abandonment of his business,
它们不完全符合出轨丈夫的特征
they don't absolutely fit the profile of a cheating husband.
还有一个原因让我觉得文斯没事
There's another reason I think that Vince is fine.
我带你去看
Let me show you.
所以这能说明你丈夫
So, this is meant to indicate that your husband
没有受到伤害 因为看起来
didn't fall into harm's way because it looks like
他正在策划一次小型入侵
he's planning a small invasion.
文斯是个末日生存狂
Vince is a prepper.
你对这个词熟悉吗
Are you familiar with the term?
熟 他确信我们所了解的这个世界
Yes, he's convinced that society as we know it
就要崩塌了 他必须做好准备
is on the verge of collapse and it's his duty to be ready.
我不在乎是不是这样
I didn't care one way or the other,
只要他不花太多钱
as long as he didn't blow too much money.
这能让他感觉好一些
Made him feel better.
关键是 文斯痴迷于自卫
Point is, Vince is obsessed with self-defense.
他可不是能让抢劫犯或是绑♥架♥犯
He's not someone a mugger or a kidnapper
轻易得手的对象
is going to get a jump on.
别误解我的意思
Don't get me wrong, though.
但等他出现了 我要杀了他
When he turns up, I'm going to kill him.
我不相信
I don't buy it.
文斯不会背叛詹妮弗的
Vince would never cheat on Jennifer.
他爱她
He loves her.
那他就是出了什么事
So the alternative is that something happened to him.
我担心的就是这个
Well, that's what I'm worried about.
但如果我错了我会很高兴
But, hey, I'll be thrilled if I'm wrong.
请
Please.
你说他失踪的那天
So you said you were out of the office
你不在办公室
the day he disappeared?
我女朋友那边有个家庭聚会
My girlfriend had a... family thing
在荣康柯玛湖
on Lake Ronkonkoma.
我过了个长周末
I took a long weekend.
我和文斯那天通了电♥话♥ 是公事
Vince and I talked on the phone that day-- work stuff.
他听起来很正常
He seemed normal.
朱莉·莫纳汉 药物销♥售♥代表
Julie Monahan, drug rep.
那她呢
What about her?
巴德太太跟我搭档提过一个红发女人
Mrs. Bader mentioned something about a redhead to my partner.
朱莉差不多每个月都会过来
Julie makes her rounds here every month or so.
她很会调情
She's flirty.
跟所有男人都是
With all the guys.
跟女医生也是 如果有用的话
Female docs, too, if it works.
那是她的工作 不是真的
It's her job to be that way, it isn't real.
我没想到文斯真会...采取行动
I never thought Vince would have... acted on it.
你介意我把它拿走吗
Do you mind if I hang on to this?
当然可以
Sure.
其实你不用带律师来的 莫纳汉女士
You know, you didn't need to bring an attorney, Ms. Monahan.
据我们所知 你没有任何麻烦
Far as we know, you're not in any trouble.
如果文森特·巴德没事
If Vincent Bader's all right,
那就没人犯罪
no crime has been committed.
警探 我打断你一下 你误会了
I'm going to cut you off, Detective. You misunderstand.
莫纳汉女士在你给她打电♥话♥前
Ms. Monahan didn't know Dr. Bader was missing
并不知道巴德先生失踪了
until you called her.
但既然你打了
Now that you did,
她可能知道一些事能帮到你
she may have information that could help.
无论发生了什么 她很担心
Whatever it is, she's worried that
自己会惹上麻烦 所以她才把你带来
it might get her in trouble, that's why she brought you.
是的
Yes.
她做的事
Is whatever she did less bad than
比起她认为巴德先生遇到的事 会轻很多吗
what she thinks happened to Dr. Bader?
轻太多了
By about a thousand miles.
好吧 虽然我不能保证什么
All right, I can't make any promises,
但如果真是这样 莫纳汉女士配合警方的事
but if that's true, I'm sure Ms. Monahan's cooperation
一定会起到作用的
will be taken into account,
而且我也会尽自己最大的努力
and I'd throw whatever support I could that way.
几周前 文斯找我处理个问题
A few weeks ago, Vince came to me with a problem.
他一直都在私下里
He had been selling narcotics
向毒贩出♥售♥麻醉剂
out of his practice to drug dealers.
氧可酮 氢可酮 吗♥啡♥
Oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine.
他告诉你毒贩的名字了吗
He tell you the dealers' names?
他说刚开始量很少
He told me it started out small--
他只是想赚点外快
he just needed to make some extra money on the side--
可后来他们要的越来越多
but then they kept wanting more
而且还威胁他如果不干就会受伤
and they threatened to hurt him if he stopped.
这种情况已经持续了几个月
This had been going on for months.
后来他收到了
Then he got a notification
毒品执法局的一份通知
from the Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement
说要对他进行审查
saying that his practice was up for an audit.
审查
An audit?
他们会去医生的办公室
They come to your offices
检查所有受管控的药品
and inspect all of your controlled substances.
还会检查分发记录
They check your dispensing records,
甚至每一片药都会清点
literally count every pill.
如果巴德非法出♥售♥过药物
If Bader was selling pills illegally,
那么数量肯定会少
the count would be short.
政♥府♥就会启动全面调查
The state would launch a full investigation.
少了多少呢
How short are we talking?
超过二十万美金的药
Over $200,000 in pills.
文斯慌了
Vince panicked.
他找我帮忙 我
He asked for my help and I...
给了他足够的药品 私下给的
lent him enough inventory, off the books,
所以当毒品执法局去清点的时候
so that when the BNE came came to do their count,
一切都很正常
everything appeared to be in order.
之后 他就把药还给我了
After that, he gave the pills back to me.
他给自己争取到了足够的时间
He'd bought himself the time he needed.
下一次审查要到好几年之后了
It would be years before another audit,
他有时间把短缺的记录补上
so he could pad his records over time
让进出的药物量相等
to make everything even out.
你为什么要帮他呢
Why exactly did you help him?
这样他就得听她的 而不是那群毒贩的
Because it put him in her pocket instead of the drug dealers.
她给自己揽了一个永久的客户
She earned herself a big customer for life.
那之后 他向我保证
After that, he swore to me
要跟那帮毒贩断绝关系
that he would break it off with the dealers.
无论什么代价
Whatever it took.
如果文斯失踪了 我只能认为跟那帮人有关
If Vince is missing, I have to think those guys are involved.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表