beyond Dennis Hicks being someone you knew?
我们归费尔布里奇大学管
Fairbridge University owns us.
为什么一所大学会想成为中途之家的业主
So why would a college want to own a halfway house?
因为我们提供活人
Because we're a source of warm bodies
和社会保账号♥
and social security numbers--
基本上他们只关心这个
and that's pretty much all they care about.
五年前 我们急缺钱
Five years ago, we were hurting for cash.
当费尔布里奇大学提出要收♥购♥我们时
When Fairbridge offered to buy us,
连我都觉得太好了
even I thought it was a good idea.
结果我们引狼入室了
Turns out we let the devil in the door.
帮你找到
新工作
此后
Ever since,
学校就一直大量招收我们的住户
the school's been aggressively recruiting our residents.
今天就加入我们吧
而我没有权力过问
And I'm not allowed to do anything about it.
原谅我们的无知
forgive our ignorance--
我跟我搭档倾向于认为高学历
my partner and I tend to think of higher education
是件好事 所以为什么你说
as being a good thing, so what is so bad about people
大家努力进大学不是好事呢
who are trying to turn their lives around going to college?
如果他们得到真正的教育
If they were getting a real education
并且得到实际的经济支持
and if there was real financial support for them,
我完全赞成
I'd be all for it.
但这个项目 他们是实打实的骗子
But with this, they're flat-out lied to.
招收官承诺的学位
Recruiters promise degrees
学校根本就不颁发
that the school doesn't even offer,
说安排就业也从没兑现过
and help with job placement that they never give.
他们为了让大家在虚线上签字什么话都说
They'll say anything to get people to sign on the dotted line.
这里虚线指的是学生贷款申请表
And in this case, the dotted lines are on student loan applications.
学校收到钱 而当我的住户退学或辍学
The school gets its money, and when my guys get out or drop out,
他们就像以前一样无法受雇了
they're just as unemployable as ever,
而且还欠了一屁♥股♥债
only now they're buried in debt.
而他们真正赚的钱却被代理人扣着
And whatever money they do make is seized by collectors.
我们都知道当你想要重新开始时
And we all know how helpful that is
这些钱对你有多重要
when you're trying to get your life back on track.
我收集了一堆
I've assembled a list of cases
正要呈报教♥育♥部♥的案件
that I'm presenting to the D.O.E.
当事人都是我承诺过要帮助的弱者
Vulnerable people who I promised to help
却被费尔布里奇大学用违法手段欺骗了
who have been criminally deceived by Fairbridge.
我已经告诉了警♥察♥
Now, I've talked to the police,
可他们却觉得是我疯了
but they just think I'm crazy.
一个好人被害了
A good man's been murdered.
所以 你们怎么看
So... what do you say?
你们会调查吗
Will you look into it?
资料上说丹尼斯·希克斯住在阿斯托里亚
It says here Dennis Hicks lived in Astoria.
是116区
That's the 116.
我们可以问问是谁接的案子
We could reach out to whoever caught the case,
至少看看现在的情况
at least see where it stands.
前提是还有案子可看
Assuming there's a case left to see.
犯罪现场是两周前的
Crime scene's two weeks old.
尸体说不定早埋了
Body's probably in the ground already.
你记得国际刑♥警♥探员卢卡斯·穆勒吗
You remember Lukas Muller, the, uh, Interpol agent?
记得
Sure.
他几周前给了我们瑞士银行账户的信息
He got us information on that Swiss bank account a few weeks ago.
我父亲花钱雇的他
My father pays him for such help--
如果他两年前就在为那个老家伙做事
now, if he was in the old man's pocket two years ago,
那他就有可能被派去调查过
stands to reason he was asked to investigate the shooting
萨宾·拉乌尔被害的案子
which cost Sabine Raoult her life.
你假设的是有调查这一环节
Well, you're assuming there was an investigation.
你父亲可能很清楚是谁在追杀他
Your father may know exactly who came after him.
然后自己谨慎地处理掉了吗 不会
And then discreetly handled the matter himself? No.
他说问题解决了时是在说谎
He was lying when he said the matter was resolved.
话说回来 我问了穆勒几次都没有回应
Anyway, I reached out to Muller several times, no response.
但我在国际刑♥警♥组织纽约办公室的联♥系♥人
But my contact at Interpol's New York office
刚告知我他为了参加会议来了镇上
has just told me he's in town for a conference.
所以我来调查这边
So while I'm looking into this,
你是要去和穆勒打一架还是睡一觉
are you gonna fight Muller or are you gonna sleep with him?
你要是在116区遇到任何阻拦
You get any pushback at the 116,
告诉他们的长官他欠我人情
just remind their lieutenant that he owes me.
我帮他把脚踏两条船的女婿遣出国门了
I helped get his two-timing son-in-law deported.
尸体在那边的地板上发现的
Body was found on the floor over there.
身中三发子弹 九毫米口径手♥枪♥
Three rounds from a nine-millimeter.
看起来闯入者拿走了音响 游戏机...
Looks like the intruders took the stereo, Xbox...
柜台的一些东西
some things off the counter.
这个月房♥租已付
Apartment's paid up for the month,
所以房♥东给受害人家属一段时间清理
so the landlord gave the family time to clean it out.
我必须要问 为什么重案组
I got to ask: why does Major Crimes
需要一个顾问来查这些
need a consultant to go over all this?
我不是在检查你的工作
I'm not checking your work.
是被害人的朋友请我们来调查的
A friend of the victim asked us to take a look.
也许你已经跟她谈过了 莉莉·库珀
You might have spoken to her-- Lily Cooper.
就是认为希克斯先生的雇主杀了他的那人吗
The one who thinks Mr. Hicks' employers had him killed?
而当晚被盗的其他五家
And the five other homes that were broken into that night,
都只是烟雾弹吗
they do all that as... cover?
所有被盗人家都在这里和三十号♥大街之间
All the break-ins happen between here and 30th Avenue,
都在几小时内
all within a couple of hours.
然而没找到目击者
And there were no witnesses?
偷窃团体进出这些地方
The crew that did it got in and out of the other spots
没有撞见任何居民 希克斯不走运啊
without running into any residents-- Hicks was... unlucky.
我认为你是对的
I think you're right.
不是希克斯不走运的事
Not about Hicks being unlucky...
而是凶手没有出现在其他五户被盗家里
but about the killer not staging the five other break-ins.
我不认为这里发生的事情和那些有关联
I don't think what happened here was connected to those.
看看其他家的姓氏
Look at the last names of all the other families.
他们都是俄♥罗♥斯♥人
They're all Russian.
小区有很多俄♥罗♥斯♥人
There's a lot of Russians in this neighborhood.
没错 但除开希克斯
Yes. But if you exclude Hicks,
盗贼就只偷了俄♥罗♥斯♥人
the crew hit only Russians.
几条街区外
There's a Russian Orthodox church
就有一家俄♥罗♥斯♥东正教堂
just a few blocks away.
入室抢劫那晚还是主显节前夕
And the night of the break-ins was also the Eve of the Epiphany.
-什么 -如果小偷在那家教堂有关系
- The what? - If the thieves had an association with the church,
他们就会知道
they would have known
那晚有哪些家庭出席
which families were attending services that night.
那就能解释为什么他们只偷了没人的住户
That would explain how they only broke into homes that were empty.
那是被偷的住户之一 是吗
That's one of the homes that was hit, right?
对
Yeah.
那间公♥寓♥和这家可以互相看到
And that apartment and this one can look right into each other.
根据文件记载
And according to this,
他们在那家没偷多少东西
they didn't take very much from that one.
或许是因为他们急着离开
Maybe because they left in a hurry.
因为他们听到了这边有枪击声 想到...
Because they heard gunshots coming from over here and figured...
警♥察♥就要来了
the police were on their way.
那栋楼没人看到凶手进出
Nobody from that building saw the shooter coming or going,
但小偷或许看到了
but maybe the thieves did.
你记得我
You remember me.
我没什么可跟你说的
I have nothing to say to you.
请别来烦我
Please leave me alone.
我想到你会介意
I anticipated you having reservations
我和你在公众场合见面
about me approaching you in public--
因为这可能会暴露你和我父亲的计划
it might expose your arrangement with my father.
所以我选择了私人空间
That's why I chose so private a setting.
别担心摄像头
Don't worry about the cameras.
我之前已经切断电源了
I disabled them a short while ago.
你也许知道 不到两年前
As you may be aware, there was an attempt on his life
有人想取他性命
just under two years ago-
我想了解一下
I'm trying to ascertain to
那件事的调查进展
what degree the matter was investigated.
我想也是
I imagine you are.
想搞清楚他知道多少吗
Trying to figure out how much he knows?
我已经放弃了解他知道多少了
I've given up asking what he knows,
所以我现在来问你
so I'm asking what you know.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表