剧集 | 嘻哈帝国 | 导航列表
You're sure you want to get her out?
是的 不救的话 她会死在里面
Yeah, they're gonna kill her in there if I don't.
如果让法官判定她在开枪时
If a judge were to declare her non compos mentis
精神不正常...
during the shooting...
就像暂时性精神错乱
Wait, so, like temporary insanity?
是的
Yeah.
你知道她有什么精神疾病史吗
Do you know if she has any documented history of mental illness?
我不...
I don't, um...
我觉得没有
I don't think so.
那看来就很棘手了
Oh, it's gonna be a tough needle to thread.
有这么个人
I tell you what,
加布丽尔·杰勒德 她是全纽约
Gabrielle Gerard, she's the best attorney in New York
此类案件最出色的辩护律师
dealing with this type of stuff.
我帮你俩搭个线
I'ma link you two.
-谢谢 -谢谢你
- Thank you. - Thank you.
财务软件
Quickbooks?
电子表格
Excel.
听着 我之所以让你进来
Listen, uh, the only reason I let you in here
就是因为我觉得应该让你看到
is because I figured it was important for you to see
我是个什么样的人
what I'm about.
我看到了 他...
And I see, he, uh...
让你帮他管账
has you doing his books.
我天生数学好
Math always came natural.
我也是
Oh, me, too.
你要明白 内莎
So you should know, Nessa,
帝国娱乐的合约对你们来说最有利了
the deal Empire's offering is the best you're gonna get.
预付款丰厚
There's a sizeable advance,
歌♥曲的版税率很公道
the royalty rate's on the high end of reasonable,
你还能拥有歌♥曲版权和发行上的收益流
and you get to keep the income stream from merch and publishing.
跟其他唱片公♥司♥也没什么不同
It's not that different from the other labels.
你真想签约汤米·德文尼吗
You really want to sign with Tommy Davoni?
还是签什么集团公♥司♥ 不是吧
Or some Dutch-owned conglomerate, really?
所以你这是打种族牌了
So this is a black thing now?
你要记住 小妹妹 这个国家
One thing this country's gonna make sure
唯一能确保的就是
you remember, little sister,
永远都存在种族牌
it's always a black thing.
你来这儿什么目的
Listen, why are you here?
为什么跟我单独谈
Talking to me like this one-on-one?
小光在利用你 内莎
Shine is exploiting you, Nessa.
他在利用你拖延唱片公♥司♥的合约
He's using you to hold off for a label deal.
我欠小光一份情 安德鲁
I owe Shine, Andre.
-他一直照顾我 -我知道
- He took me in after... - I know all about that.
我见过你哥哥 巨石
You know, I met your brother, Stone,
那时我还小
when I was a kid?
他被杀时 我还在教会学校上高三
I was a senior at Roman Catholic when I heard he got killed.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry about that.
我们俩
You know, you and me,
内莎 我们都来自费城西部
Nessa, we're both from west Philly,
我们都擅长数学
We're both... good at math.
-我们有很多共同之处 -除了
- We got a lot in common. - Except...
我没上过什么牛逼大学
I didn't go to some fancy-ass college.
讽刺的是
The irony is,
你能告诉小光他赚了多少钱
you can tell Shine how much money he's got,
分毫不差
down to the last nickel.
但却不知道自己价值几何
But you have no idea what you're worth.
这里的生意
This business,
这里危险的生意
this dangerous, dangerous business,
本来是你哥哥的 是巨石的
it was your brother's, it was Stone's.
他留给了你 让小光来照料
He left it in Shine's care for you.
你想拿走本属于自己的东西吗
Are you gonna take what's yours?
你呢
Are you?
如果我有你的音乐天赋
If I had your musical talent...
帝国娱乐早就是我的了
I'd already own Empire.
不错 利用自身利益来招纳艺人
Not bad, appealing to an artist's self-interest.
自我保护是大自然第一法则 儿子
Told you, self-preservation is the first rule of nature, son.
管用吗
Did it work?
内莎是个聪明人
Nessa's a smart girl.
不过我们还是要拿到小光的签字
We still need to get Shine's signature, though.
你找事呢 安德鲁
What's up, Andre?
我们开始搞这套了
That's what we doing?
开始打游击了吗
We're short-stopping now?
没事 爸
It's all right, pop.
我来
I got this.
搞什么
What's up?
你们要拿走我的一切
Y'all take everything from me.
别想了
Hell no.
不能抢走内莎
Not Nessa!
告诉你了
Told you...
花二十五万
That 250k
买♥♥根棒球金童的球棒很值得
for A-Rod's bat was gonna pay off.
棒球明星 阿莱克斯·罗德里格兹
好了 小光
All right, Shine,
我们来谈生意吧
let's get down to some business.
你也看过《教父》知道该怎么做
You saw the Godfather.
我不签
I ain't signing that.
那这样呢
How 'bout that?
你没事吧 儿子
You all right, son?
没事 爸
Yeah, pop.
没问题
I'm good.
紧急保释听证会很少见
This emergency bail hearing is highly unusual,
但辩方律师的理由非常充分
but counsel made a compelling argument
加德斯女士有生命危险
on imminent danger to Ms. Gathers' life.
法官大人 我的当事人并没有否认
Your Honor, my client doesn't dispute that
枪击贾马尔·里昂一事
she shot Jamal Lyon.
但她没有前科
But she has no priors.
她也不是暴♥力♥罪犯
She's not a known violent offender.
我们有证据证明
We're presenting evidence to the court today to show
枪击当晚
that on the night of the shooting,
加德斯小姐同时服用了酒精及处方药
Ms. Gathers was using alcohol in combination with prescription drugs.
导致她产生了强烈的暂时性妄想
This lead to an episode of intense temporary paranoia
从而导致加德斯小姐
which in turn, lead Ms. Gathers
从保安身上抢下了武器
to take the weapon from the security guard.
并对里昂先生开枪
And shoot Mr. Lyon with it.
这是误伤 法官大人
By mistake, Your Honor.
心理学家管她这种病症称为
She was having what the psychologist here describes
神游性精神失常
as a fugue episode.
是这样吗 加德斯小姐
Is this what happened, Ms. Gathers?
应该是吧
Guess so.
这说法也太省事了吧 杰拉德女士
That's a convenient narrative, Ms. Gerard.
加德斯女士有心理疾病史
Ms. Gathers has a history of psychological problems.
法官大人 我能说两句吗
Your Honor, may I speak?
请说 里昂先生
Go ahead, Mr. Lyon.
法官大人 弗蕾达·加德斯入狱
Your Honor, Freda Gathers is behind bars
皆因为我们家
because of my family.
帝国娱乐
Empire...
跟弗蕾达签了一个唱片合约
Gave Freda a record contract.
随之而来的是粉丝 名气 以及钱财
And with that came fans, and fame, and money.
但没人跟她去详谈
But nobody's ever stopped to explain to her
如何应对这一切
how to cope with that.
弗蕾达在布朗斯维尔长大
Freda grew up in Brownsville,
那里的犯罪率
where an insane and shameful
高得让人唏嘘不已
number of people end up behind bars.
说真的 她那时就要结束这种生活了
I'm telling you, she was about to end that cycle.
但我们辜负了她
But we failed her.
没错 我是挨了一枪
So, yes, I took a bullet,
但弗蕾达在布鲁克林冰冷的牢房♥入眠
but while Freda sleeps in a cold cell in Brooklyn,
我却在豪华的别♥墅♥里养伤
I'm recouping in my luxurious townhouse.
对不起 我觉得这无公正可言
And, I'm sorry, that just doesn't sound like justice to me.
鉴于加德斯小姐面临的危险
Given the dangers to Ms. Gathers
以及里昂先生的肺腑之言
and Mr. Lyon's statement of support,
本庭准予保释
The court agrees to grant bail.
剧集 | 嘻哈帝国 | 导航列表