剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
that the shady shit at Strauss Bank
是从高层开始的
starts at the top.
牵扯到了最高层吗
All the way to the top?
总裁有一半可能性知情
There's a 50-50 chance that the CEO knows.
而财务总监必须知情
The CFO had tohad to know.
我们只需要搞到他们的电邮就好了
All we have to do is get their emails.
那很容易
That's easy.
只要我们同意不提起刑事诉讼
We agree not to pursue criminal charges,
他们立马就会把邮件交过来了
they'll hand emails over right now.
我们不能放弃威胁要把他们送进监狱
We can't give up the threat of going to prison.
那是我们的筹码 我们必须要打官司
That's what gives us leverage. We have to go to court.
打官司会耗费很长时间的
Going to court will take forever.
我刚刚和罗伯特·赞恩争论过同样的问题
I just went through the same thing with Robert Zane.
你为何不打电♥话♥给他
Why don't you pick up the phone
问问他最后谁是对的
and ask him who turned out to be right?
我听说过你很自大
You know, I heard you were cocky,
但真没想到有这么夸张
but I had no idea.
是你来找我讲和的
You're the one who came to me looking to make peace.
你到底还要不要和平共处了
You wanna make peace or not?
好吧 我们试试你的方法
All right. We'll try it your way.
瑞秋 有什么需要我帮助的吗
Rachel, what can I do for you?
我听说了埃斯特的事
I heard about Esther,
希望能帮上点忙
and I was hoping I could help.
谢谢你的好意
I appreciate the offer,
但我打算自己解决这件事
but I'm gonna take care of this one myself.
我不是想要打扰你什么的
And I'm not trying to interfere.
我只是想着假如能向我们这里
I just thought it would be nice to learn
最有才 最勤奋
from the most talented, diligent,
最受人尊重的合伙人学习就好了
and respected partner that we have here.
是啊 你不过是想拍我马屁罢了
Yeah, you're just trying to butter me up.
成功了吗
Is it working?
帅哥
Handsome.
听我说
Listen to me.
她是我妹妹
She's my sister.
有人告了他
She's being sued.
上次她遇到麻烦时 她去向哈维求助
Last time she had a problem, she went to Harvey,
但这次她向我求助了
but this time she's coming to me,
所以我不会让任何人插手这件事的
and I'm not gonna farm any of it out.
你能理解吗
Can you understand that?
我想要参与这个案子的
The reason I want on this case
是因为我崇拜埃斯特和她的公♥司♥
is that I admire Esther and her company,
所以假如有人用一个荒唐的官司欺负她的话
And if someone's coming at her with a frivolous lawsuit,
再小的忙我也愿意帮
then...I don't care how little I do.
我只是想帮你
I just want to help you.
文件就在这里
Paperwork's right here.
法官大人 如您所见
Your Honor, as you can see,
这往轻了说是工作疏忽
there's been clear negligence at best,
-往重了说是蓄意行骗 -更不用说
- deliberate deception at worst. - Not to mention
还违反了诚信义务
a breach of fiduciary duty.
我赞同你的观点
I'm inclined to agree.
法官大人 唯一明确的一点
Your Honor, the only thing that's clear
是他的客户选择风险投资
is his clients chose a risky investment.
这可不是欺诈
That's not deception on our part.
他推出这些衍生产品 明知道风险很高
The deception is he created those derivatives,
还是卖♥♥给我们 这就是欺诈
he knew how risky they were, and he sold them to us anyway.
我有二十亿投资基金
I have $2 billion in investment funds.
你觉得我每笔投资都会过目吗
You think I review every investment?
不知道 但你绝对看了这笔
I don't know, but you sure as hell reviewed this one.
-证据呢 -目前还没有
- And where's your proof? - We don't have any...yet.
所以我们请求查阅他们的邮件
Which is why we're requesting access to these emails.
这里讨论的不是查阅邮件
This isn't about getting their emails.
而是是否要开庭
This is about determining if trial's moving forward.
结论是要
And it is.
我会在三周后就查阅邮件一事
I'll set the email discovery hearing
-召开听证会 -三周
- for three weeks. - Three weeks?
法官大人
Uh, Your Honor,
我妻子三周后要动手术
my wife has surgery in three weeks.
我申请再延期一个月
I'd like to request an additional month.
还动手术 扯淡呢
Bullshit she has surgery.
预定在哥伦比亚长老教会医学中心剖腹产
Scheduled C-section at Columbia Presbyterian.
那就换个人负责这个案子
Then put someone else on the case.
-事情不是这么干的 -容我说一句
- That's not how it works. - If I may...
如果我们同意不就此进行刑事指控
If we agree not to pursue criminal charges in this matter,
你们会在一周内提供邮件吗
will you give us the emails within the week?
你现在当场同意
You agree to that right here,
我明天就把邮件给你
I'll give 'em to you tomorrow.
一言为定
Then we have a deal.
想告诉我你拿了什么回扣吗
Wanna tell me what kind of kickback you're getting?
-你说什么 -你背着我行事
- Excuse me? - You went behind my back.
我没背着你做任何事
I didn't do anything behind your back.
我是当着你的面做的
I did it in front of your face.
你知道我在说什么 你放弃了我们的筹码
You know what I mean-- you gave up on leverage
给了他一张免罪通行证
by handing him a get out of jail free card,
这说明你要么是他们一伙的
which means you're either in their pocket
要么就是在利用这个案子
or you're using this case
好等事情结束后跟他们签约
so you can sign them once it's over.
-你说什么 -你听得很清楚
- What did you just say to me? - You heard me.
你跟他握手那样子 就像他是你亲戚似的
You shook that guy's hand like you were his goddamn cousin.
听好了 如果他们想做我的客户
You listen to me. If they wanted to be my client,
我会接 但我那么做
I'd take them. But I didn't do that
不是为了拍他马屁
to kiss his ass.
我那么做是为了得到我们需要的东西
I did it to get what we needed.
我们已经有了
We already had what we needed.
不 没有
No, we didn't.
听证会七个礼拜后才召开
We had a hearing on it in seven weeks,
那该死的剖腹产只是冰山一角
and that C-section bullshit was just the tip of the iceberg.
在此期间 他们会想出别的办法
Between now and then, they'd have figured out a way
再把听证会推迟个两年
to put it off for another two years.
-这可未必 -绝对是这样
- You don't know that. - Yes, I do.
我说过会按你的方法试试 但行不通
I said I would try it your way, and it didn't work.
现在邮件就要来了
Well, now those emails are coming.
你要不要帮我
Are you gonna help me or not?
路易 我得跟你谈谈 有麻烦了
Louis, I need to talk to you--we have a problem.
-什么麻烦 -麻烦是
- What's wrong? - What's wrong
肯尼斯·杰克森的律师
is Kenneth Jackson's lawyer.
她叫莉斯贝·韦克斯勒
Her name's Lisbeth Wexler,
这不是她的第一件恶意诉讼
and this isn't her first frivolous suit.
这些人都是这样
Well, it never is with these people.
这不意味着我们不能和解
That doesn't mean we can't settle.
好吧 你不明白
Okay. You don't understand.
我调查了她经手的数十件案子
I went through dozens of her cases.
每次她拿到开价
Every time she gets an offer,
就威胁说要公之于众
she threatens to go public with it.
-该死 -怎么了
- Shit. - What?
我怕的就是这个
That's exactly what I was afraid of.
好吧 那你该知道 这没什么大不了
Okay, well, then you know it's not a big deal.
我们搞得定 但我们不能开价
We can handle it, but we can't give them an offer.
不 你不明白
No, you don't understand.
我告诉过埃斯特可能会发生这种事
I tried to tell Esther this might happen,
可她逼我保证
but then she made me promise
我得不惹麻烦把事情摆平
that I would make this thing go away without any trouble.
好吧 如果我们不做点什么 选择和解
Okay, well, if we don't do something other than settle,
她的麻烦可就大了
she's in for a hell of a lot more trouble.
他没这么说
He didn't really say that.
他不仅这么说了 我还得跟着录音机
Oh, not only did he say it, but I had to transcribe it
逐字逐句抄录下来
word for word off his dictaphone.
-怎么了 -我刚意识到
- What? - No, I just realized
我已经两个小时没有去想
I haven't thought about Jack Soloff
杰克·索罗夫和他的破事了
and his bullshit for two hours.
真高兴我们出来吃饭了 哈维
Glad we did this, Harvey.
我也是 我们应该多出来玩玩
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表