it might be nice to solve his murder first.
那个我想我已经解决了
That I believe I may have already done.
我刚离开俩小时
I was gone for two hours.
咱们明日农业的朋友
Our friends at AgriNext planned
想要针对埃弗雷特·凯克实施抹黑行动
to run a smear campaign against Everett Keck.
他们声称他有吸毒问题
They claimed he had a drug problem,
并因此被停职
and he'd been suspended from work.
凯克的毒理检验证实
Keck's tox screen confirmed
他确实是一个长♥期♥吸食大♥麻♥
he was indeed a habitual marijuana user,
并且死时身体中残留有伟哥
and that he died with Viagra in his system.
我向美国农业部询问了他工作上的麻烦
I enquired of the USDA as to his work troubles.
埃弗雷特·凯克被放了一周带薪假期
Everett Keck received a week's paid leave
并且因为一起控告而接受了询问
whilst enquiries were made to accusations levied
控主是一名波基普西的养蜂人达瑞尔·贾维斯
by a Poughkeepsie beekeeper named Darryl Jarvis.
这人认为凯克杀死了他的蜜蜂
This guy thinks that Keck killed his bees.
通过向他的蜂巢中注入了致死量的瓦螨
By introducing deadly varroa mites into his hives.
在调查期间
During the course of the investigation,
发现了一件事
it became clear, though,
那位达瑞尔·贾维斯是名多疑的精神病患者
that Darryl Jarvis was a paranoid schizophrenic.
有猜测认为他的声称仅仅是幻想
Some speculated that his claims were just results of delusions.
这可能让贾维斯更愤怒了
So that probably made Jarvis even angrier.
还不止这些 看看贾维斯先生的地址
That wasn't enough, have a look at Mr. Jarvis's address.
埃弗雷特·凯克在他死时前一天
Everett Keck examined hives at an apiary
去街对面的养蜂场检查过蜂巢
across the street the day before he died.
所以贾维斯有足够的时机
So Jarvis would have had ample opportunity
给发烟器动手脚
to tamper with the smoker.
看起来有必要和他谈谈
Seems like a man worth talking to.
从不要寄期望于收垃圾的 贾维斯先生
It's never wise to wait for rubbish collection, Mr. Jarvis.
最好的办法总是烧毁证据
It's always better to burn the evidence.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
你用来准备氰化物的苹果核碎屑
The ground apple seeds you used in preparation of your cyanide,
你用来浸入其中的另一半简易蛋盒
the other half of the egg carton you soaked in it.
你将另一半塞入了
You stuffed the other half
凯克的发烟器
in Keck's smoker yesterday
趁昨天他在街对面工作的时候
when he was working across the road.
我睡不着觉
I couldn't sleep.
所以我才那么快就开了门
That's why I answered the door so fast.
我躺在床上
I was lying in bed,
想着去自首
thinking about turning myself in.
听到成功了的那一刻 我就后悔了
The minute I heard it worked, I wished I hadn't done it.
即便是他那样对待我的蜂巢
Even after what he did to my hives.
即便没有人相信我
Even after no one believed me.
你也觉得我疯了 对不对
You think I'm crazy, too, don't you?
我们了解你的病情
We're aware of your condition.
我是精神病患者
I'm a schizophrenic.
也就是说我可以作精神障碍辩护 对吧
That means I'm in good shape for an insanity defense, right?
我这一年没停过药
I haven't gone off my meds in years.
当我将那简易蛋盒放入凯克发烟器里时
When I put that carton in Keck's smoker,
我的头脑很正常
I was in my right mind,
正如我当时
just like I was
看到他将那些螨虫放入我蜂巢时一样
when I saw him put those mites in my hives.
正如我现在一样
Just like I am now.
你可以将这些写入你的报告中
Feel free to put all that in your report.
他为什么要那么做
Why would he have done it?
凯克
Keck?
他为什么想要伤害你的蜂巢
Why would he have wanted to harm your hives?
我不知道为什么
I don't have any idea.
我只知道我看到了什么
I just know what I saw.
不 我是纽约警署的顾问
No, I'm a consultant with the NYPD.
但如果需要我可以申请到搜查令
But a warrant could be arranged pursuant to my request.
或者如果你想的话 可以对你的阻挠
Or, if you prefer, a formal summons could be issued
开出一张正式传票
in response to this needless obstruction.
不行 别让我等候...
No, don't me on hol...
这东西以前可不在这啊
Oh. That didn't used to be here.
我在等候办理
I'm on hold.
这些文件是怎么回事
Oh, what's with the files?
凯克的案子咱们昨天就结了
We closed Keck last night.
那不是我在做梦呢吧
I didn't dream that, did I?
我觉得达瑞尔·贾维斯是对的
I think Darryl Jarvis was right.
埃弗雷特·凯克确实杀了他的蜜蜂
Everett Keck did kill his hives.
美国农业部不是调查过了吗 什么也没发现
I thought the USDA investigated, and they didn't find anything.
是没发现 但是如果
They didn't, but they may have
蜜蜂蜇刺不是和皮下注射相似 就会有了
if bee stings didn't bear some resemblance to hypodermic marks.
你在说什么呢
What are you talking about?
后边是我用针♥刺♥的
I rendered the latter with a pin.
你能看出和蜜蜂蜇刺有什么不同吗
Can you tell the difference from the bee stings?
你故意让自己被蜜蜂蛰
You're getting stung by bees on purpose?
显然是的
Obviously.
我现在身体里的咖♥啡♥因♥太少了
I don't have enough caffeine in my system
没法理解你的行为
to understand you right now.
美国农业部一直没有正式结束
The Department of Agriculture never officially closed
对埃弗雷特·凯克的调查
its investigation into Everett Keck.
当时监理的主管
It simply withered on the vine
加尔文·巴尼斯因一次心脏病发作
when the supervisor in charge, Calvin Barnes,
引发了缺氧性脑损伤后
suffered a heart attack,
案子就搁置了
and subsequent anoxic brain injury.
他提前退休 这案子也无人问津了
He took early retirement. The matter was dropped.
好吧
Okay.
加尔文·巴尼斯去年参加了两次马拉松
Calvin Barnes ran two marathons last year.
他心血管系统好得很
His cardiovascular health was excellent.
报告上却说 他发病那天
But it was reported, he sustained several bee stings
在野外被蜜蜂蛰了几下
in the field on the day he collapsed.
有人认为他的过敏反应推迟发作了
Some people thought that he suffered a delayed allergic reaction.
我自己并不这么认为
I, myself, do not.
我在同治疗巴尼斯先生的医院沟通
I've been negotiating with the hospital
好让我看巴尼斯先生的病历
that treated Mr. Barnes to release his records.
等他们同意了 我怀疑他的血检结果
When they do, I suspect his blood work
会显示高浓度的钾和氯
will show elevated levels of potassium and chlorine.
等等 你是说他被人下毒了
Hold on. You're saying that someone poisoned him?
好引发心脏病 没错
To bring on the heart attack. Precisely.
但针孔却被蜜蜂蛰的伤口掩盖过去了
But the injection mark was lost amongst the bee stings.
你认为凯克杀他老板
So you think that Keck tried to kill his boss
是为了掩盖往几个蜂群投毒的事
to cover up poisoning a few bee hives?
不止几个
More than a few.
我相信埃弗雷特·凯克不仅仅在研究
I've come to believe that Everett Keck was not just studying
蜂群崩坏症候群
Colony Collapse Disorder.
他还想把它应用到人的身上
Everett Keck was Colony Collapse Disorder incarnate.
你也许还记得我近来担心自己的蜂群出现瓦螨
You might recall my recent concern over varroas in my own hives.
我的担心是由蜂流网上的讨论引起的
These fears were born out of rumblings on BeeCircuit.Com.
大部分讨论
Most of the talk
是关于当季致命瓦螨蔓延中心地区
on the spike of this season's colony death rate
蜂群死亡率的飙升
centered around the spread of deadly mites.
我以为凯克要证明这是由杀虫剂导致的
Okay, but I thought Keck was gonna prove it was pesticides.
据他的笔记来看是的
That's what his note suggested.
他也打算这样报告
That's what he intended to report,
但数据显示 他所到之处
but the data suggests that the parasites were appearing
这种寄生虫的数量都远高于合理范围
in greater than expected numbers everywhere he went.
你一晚上就做了这么多
You did all this overnight?
你知道我把数学问题都外包给哈伦了
You know I outsource arithmetic to Harlan.
好吧 那个是凯克的
Okay, so, that's Keck.
还有三名高等研究所其他研究员的
And there are three other ASI researchers.
他发现的瓦螨比别人多
He found more mites than the others.
多得多 哈伦认为
Many more. According to Harlan,
凯克和他同事调查结果的差异
the variance between Keck and his colleagues
无法用已知的混杂因子来解释
cannot be explaine in a way by known confounds.
凯克先生并未人为地在所到之处
The odds that Mr. Keck were not actively
传播瓦螨虫害的可能性
spreading varroaitites everywhere he went
接近两万九千分之一
approaches one in 29,000.
所以蜂群崩坏症候群的发生率并未上涨
So, there isn't a spike in Colony Collapse Disorder after all.
每一群死亡的蜜蜂都是一个悲剧
Every dead hive is a tragedy.
但若不是有一名黑心的农业部外勤研究员
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表