You don't appear physically capable
你不像是最近一桩凶案的凶手
of the crime that we're investigating,
但我想吉姆·苏利文被杀时
but I imagine you were in better form
你状态应该比现在好很多
when Jim Sullivan was killed.
终于有人问这事了
Finally, someone comes out and asks.
我知道他们怀疑我 因为他们一直来回问我
I knew they suspected me, the way they kept coming back
为什么当时去那里
and asking why I went there.
我应该讲明真♥相♥ 但那时没人知道这事
Suppose I should've come clean, but back then nobody knew.
我的肿瘤医师说我应该找人谈谈
My oncologist said I should talk to someone about,
死亡这事
you know, death.
很讽刺 是吧
Ironic, right?
总之 我在网上联♥系♥到他
Anyway, I found him online.
我们预约了
We had an appointment.
他没有更新自己的行程表
The guy just didn't keep his calendar up-to-date.
这么说你们从没见过
So you two never met.
这就引出了那个问题
Kind of begs the question:
我为什么要杀他 对吧
why the hell would I kill him, right?
凶手不是我 如果是 我就告诉你们了
I didn't. I would tell you if I did.
将死之人 没什么可顾忌了
Not exactly afraid of a life sentence here.
你看见的那个逃离现场的人...
The man that you saw fleeing the scene...
他们画了张素描图
They worked up a sketch.
如果你能将整件事再陈述一遍
Well, you would be doing us a great service
那就帮了我们大忙了
if you could just set the stage one more time.
请务必不要放过任何细节
And, please, leave out no details.
有些细节可能会成为破案关键
You never know what grain might be useful.
我走到那条街时
I came up the street
他刚好从苏利文医生家里走出来
just as he was walking out of Dr. Sullivan's front door.
当他看见我 他逃跑了
When he saw me, he took off.
他蓄着红褐色的胡子
He had a beard, sort of auburn colored,
带着牛仔帽
and a cowboy kind of hat.
眼部有一道伤疤
Pretty sure there was a scar over his eye.
就这些
That's it.
不再添加或改变一些特征了吗
You wouldn't add or change a thing?
我问过素描这人是否画过肖像画
I asked the guy who drew that if he did portraits.
画得太棒了
He nailed it.
你嗑药了吗
Are you high?
奥伦 冷静些
Oren, calm down.
怎么冷静 你指责我搞外遇
Calm down? You just accused me of cheating on my wife.
我什么也指责
I didn't accuse you of anything.
我只是告诉你 妈以为她看到的事
I'm just telling you what Mom thought she saw.
那是她老眼昏花了
Well, then she's going blind.
- 或者她嗑药了 - 不是
- Or she's high. - No.
她好像很肯定
She seemed pretty sure.
她什么都没看到 根本就没发生过
She didn't see anything. Th-There was nothing to see.
我告诉你这是怎么回事 这是报复
I'll tell you what this is. It's payback.
自从爸爸背叛她后
I've never gotten out of the doghouse
我就一直不受欢迎
since dad cheated on her.
我没有跟着批判他有多坏
I didn't yell about what a heel he is,
所以她认为我是和他一伙的
so she thought I was taking his side.
我真觉得不是这样的
I really don't think that's what it is.
你上周可不在这里
You weren't up here last week.
她这么做可能就因为我忘了
She could be doing this because I forgot
更换客人用的毛巾 那女人疯着呢
to change the guest towels. The woman is nuts.
好吧 咱们就先假设成
Okay, let's just work from a place of
这是她以为她看到的
"This is what she thought she saw."
不 我得挂了 嘉柏丽尔在叫我
No. I got to go. Gabrielle's calling.
她不需要听到这些鬼扯 明白吗
Who never needs to hear about this garbage. Got it?
明白
Got it.
他的胡子 是赤褐色的
His beard, it was auburn colored.
他带着那种大檐的牛仔帽
And he had this cowboy hat with a wide brim.
我可以肯定他眼睛那有块伤疤
I'm pretty sure there was a scar over his eye.
有81%的几率文森· 福特对
There's an 81% chance Vance Ford is lying
他在吉姆·苏利文谋杀案中的身份撒谎了
about his role in Jim Sullivan's murder.
你录下了咱们的会面
You taped our meeting?
没有 你刚才听到的
No. What you've just heard
是警♥察♥对福特先生的
is a recording of the second of three interviews
三次询问中第二次的录音
that the police conducted with Mr. Ford.
听起来很像我们今天的会面
It only sounds like our meeting today
是因为他的表达与当初的描述十分相似
because he hewed so closely to his original description.
他所进行的表达与当初基本没有变化
There's virtually no variance in each of his accounts.
他的说辞从没变过
His story never changes.
因此 是在撒谎
Ergo, lying.
如果他说的是真话
Well, if he was telling the truth,
你为什么想要看到变化
then why would you expect it to change?
咱们今天的会面让我想起了这个
Our meeting today brought to mind this recent study
一帮心理学家最近做的研究
by a group of psychologists.
他们发现 计算目击证人使用
They found that counting the number of unique words
特殊词汇的次数 是一种实用的测谎技巧
used by witnesses was an exceptional lie detection technique.
说谎者忠于线性故事
Liars stick to streamlined stories.
他们在语言使用上不会产生偏离
They don't deviate from the linguistic avenues
他们早已规划好了故事的原型
they've already mapped out in their original telling.
他们用词较少
They use fewer words
尤其是那些唤起感知记忆的
and particularly ones that evoke sense memory.
因为他们并没有在读取记忆
Because they're not drawing from memory.
执法部门投入大量资源
Law enforcement agencies pour considerable resources
研究微表情
into the study of microexpressions
和测谎仪器
and into polygraph technology,
但不管他们多精确地测量面部变化
but no matter how finely they measure facial tics
以及心跳 却还不一定比得上掷硬币
and heart rates, they rarely do better than a coin flip.
记录异常词汇也许是辨别
Tallying singular words may be the best way
福特先生这样的撒谎者的最好办法
to root out liars such as Mr. Ford.
而且还是免费的
And it's absolutely free.
咱们案子的一大进展
A significant development in our case
还是领域里的一项革命性发现
and a revolutionary breakthrough in our field.
而你却一点也不感兴趣
And you could not be more bored.
我有些烦心
I'm distracted.
我刚和奥伦通完电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with Oren.
他否认了有外遇
Denied having the affair.
他用了相当多的词 以防你好奇
And he used plenty of words, in case you're wondering.
而且我想他还准备用更多的词
And I think he was ready to use a lot more
来描述我母亲
to describe my mother.
你相信他吗
You believe him?
正如你说的 他不是有外遇的那种类型
Well, like you said, he's not really the affair-having type.
那在那些他准备形容你妈妈的其它词里
So these other words he would use to describe your mother,
有没有"健忘"这一个
would "Forgetful" be one of them?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
去年夏天我还在伦敦的时候
When I was in London last summer,
我接到了两通来自她的电♥话♥
I received two phone calls from her.
第一通 她想问你在哪里
The first one, she was trying to track you down.
她当时不知道我已经不在国内了
She was unaware that I was no longer stateside.
第二通是一周后
The second one was one week later.
在问出问题之前 她就承认
Before the question was out of her mouth, she admitted
忘了我已经离开了
that my move had slipped her mind.
我以为你只是忘了提起
I assumed you just hadn't mentioned it,
以为她只会忘记一次
thought she'd only forgotten once.
不是的 你走之后我就告诉她了
No, I told her you went to London the day after you left.
你母亲已经快七十岁了 对吧
Your mother's in her late 60s, correct?
是啊 六十八了
Yeah, 68.
对于老年痴呆和失智症来说还是早了点
Still pretty early for Alzheimer's or dementia,
如果你是想说这个的话
if that's what you're thinking.
综合认知能力衰退一般是从这个时期开始
General cognitive decline is usually underway at that point.
些许的记忆丧失
Bits of memory loss.
我是说 也许没有慢性病那么可怕 但
I mean, it might not be so dire as a chronic case, but...
或许能够解释为什么她会误会奥伦
could explain why she's mistaken about Oren.
不 她非常肯定
No, she was sure.
你也知道她什么样 她...
And you know how she is. She's...
她很犀利 她是你母亲
She's razor sharp. She's your mother.
我不是说她陷入了幻想中
I'm not suggesting she's gripped by fantasies.
但也许她是将奥伦带入了
But she might have transposed Oren into the memory
其他人亲吻金发女郎的记忆
of someone else kissing a blonde woman.
警探
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表