We met briefly at the police station last night.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes.
我需要找律师吗
Do I need a lawyer?
不 你不会想让她听到这些
No, you won't want her here for this.
你我都清楚是你策划了
You see, you and I both know that you are the mind
埃德温·波斯坦的谋杀
behind the murder of Edwin Borstein,
我们都知道 只要你的学生坚持她的说法
Just as we both know that, as long as your student holds fast
我永远无法证明你有罪
to her story, I will never be able to prove your guilt.
这是个难题
That's a problem.
但并非无法解决
But not an insurmountable one.
你有个弟弟 叫乔舒亚
You have a younger brother-- Joshua.
他远没有你这么成就卓越
He hasn't quite reached the heights that you have.
事实上 他陷入了好些麻烦 对吧
In fact, he's had some struggles, hasn't he?
毒品 酒精...
Drugs, alcohol...
你想说什么
What's your point?
他已经被判了两起毒品相关的重罪
He's been convicted of two drug-related felonies.
而他不幸地住在泽西城
And since he's made the mistake of living in Jersey City,
再犯一次罪就会
one more conviction makes him
判他二十五年至终身监禁
eligible for a sentence of 25 years to life
因为州内有三振出局的法律规定
under the state's horrific three strikes law.
就在今早 我的同事拍到了他
My associate took some photographs of him
买♥♥入大量海♥洛♥因♥
buying a rather large amount of heroin, just this morning.
你想让我认罪...
You want me to confess...
如果我认了 你就会
And, if I do, you'll-you'll-you'll
扔掉这些用来勒索我的证据
get rid of this folder full of blackmail.
我觉得你非常在乎你弟弟
I imagine you care quite deeply about your brother,
不然你也不会三番五次地
or you wouldn't have paid his way through rehab
为他支付康戒治疗的费用
half a dozen times already.
给你两个小时思考一下
Take two hours to think it over,
如果你不联♥系♥我...
and if I haven't heard from you...
昨晚我自己也做了一点调查
I did a little research of my own last night.
我很好奇为何纽约警局会找顾问
I was curious why the NYPD had a consultant.
你的经历十分瞩目
You've got a very impressive record--
破案无数 只不过几年前
Prolific, too-- except for a couple of years ago,
你突然消失了六个月
when you suddenly disappeared for six months.
六个月 这是一次完整的
Six months-- that's the length
住院康戒治疗的时长
of a very serious in-patient rehab.
一个像你这么敏感的人
A man of your unique sensitivities--
我想麻痹感官一定很具诱惑力
I'm sure it's tempting to dull those senses.
我的过去跟这个案子毫无关联
My history has little to do with the matter at hand.
我觉得有关
I think it may.
我觉得一个正在康复中的成瘾者
I think it unlikely that a recovering addict
不会仅因为满足于把人关起来的满足感
would send another troubled soul to rot in prison,
而将另一个深陷泥潭的人送进监牢任其堕落
just to have the satisfaction of putting away his man.
这需要冷酷无情
That would require ruthlessness,
一种机器逻辑 我不确定你具备
a kind of... machine logic... I'm not sure you have.
反正不完全具备
Not entirely, anyway.
像你谋杀埃德温·波斯坦时的
Same kind of machine logic you used
那种机器逻辑
when you murdered Edwin Borstein.
有些数学等式比其他的更吸引人
Some math equations are more compelling than others.
你提供的是一对一的等价交换
Yours is a one to one exchange.
用我弟弟与我交换
My brother for me.
你给我的这个等式用一个人的性命
The equation you attribute to me trades one man's life
交换让亿万人免于死亡的机会
for the chance to prevent billions of deaths.
这关乎整个物种的存亡
You're talking about nothing less than the survival of the species.
这肯定比一个人的性命更有价值吧
Surely that's worth compromising one's values for?
不管怎样 我觉得你在虚张声势
In any case... I think you're bluffing.
你或许想让全世界都相信
You might want the world to believe
你是个机器人 一个精密计算的机器
that you're an automaton, a calculating machine...
但你我都知道并非如此
But you and I know better.
反正几个小时后 我们就能见分晓了
Or we will, anyway... In a couple of hours.
我没在新闻上看到
I didn't see anything on the news
派克被捕的消息
about Pike getting arrested.
警♥察♥也没抓他弟弟
Nothing about his brother on the police band, either.
怎么了
What happened?
他不肯认罪
He wouldn't confess.
而你也不能告发他弟弟
And you couldn't turn in his brother.
我们还是可以继续想办法
We can still keep looking for a way
来证明派克杀了人
to prove that Pike did it.
软件公♥司♥的人打来电♥话♥
The property clerk's office called.
他们想知道何时能过来带走贝拉
They want to know when they can come and pick up Bella.
我还需要留她几个小时
I need a couple more hours with her.
谢谢
Thank you.
怎么...我打了电♥话♥想跟你告别
Wha...? I called to say bye.
但你一直没接
You weren't picking up.
我想给你个惊喜
I wanted to surprise you.
你太好了
You're great.
我知道你有多好
I mean, I knew you were great
但有人让我更加明白了这点
but someone helped me to see how great.
谢谢
Thanks.
我给航♥空♥公♥司♥打了电♥话♥
So I called the airline,
你去哥本哈根的那个航♥班♥上还有空位
and there are some empty seats on your flight to Copenhagen.
我不想打扰你 如果你太忙的话
Listen-- I don't want to horn in, if you're too busy,
而且我也不能一直待在那 但...
and I can't stay the whole time but...
我一直都想去哥本哈根
I've always wanted to see Copenhagen.
贝拉
Bella...
谋杀案的一个嫌疑人已经坐牢了
...one member of a murderous conspiracy is in jail.
另一个还逍遥法外
The second walks free.
抓住他的代价是让他弟弟因无关的罪行
The cost of catching him is incarcerating his brother
遭受牢狱之灾
for unrelated crimes...
而这罪行 我最应该
...crimes for which I, of all people...
有所了解
should have some understanding.
应该让另一个凶手逍遥法外吗
Is it right to let the second murderer walk free?
我不明白这个问题
I don't understand the question.
能给我更多信息吗
Can I have more information?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表