"生活比人们的想象还要离奇千百倍"
"Life is stranger than anything the mind could invent."
我朋友总喜欢这么说
That's something my friend likes to say.
当我同意与他一起前来纽约时
When I agreed to come to New York with him,
我仍在伤痛之中
I was still hurting.
他提出要教我 我决定接受
He'd offered an education, and I was gonna take it.
我决定利用他所教我的一切
I was gonna use it.
我会聆听谨记他的教诲
I'd just listen and I'd learn,
而当时机成熟 我会
and when the time was right I would...
重新出发
move on.
但之后
But then...
我又交了另一个朋友
I made another friend.
然后一个接一个
And another one.
我朋友只说对了一半 生活确实很离奇 但是
My friend was only half right-- life is strange, but...
生活也很美妙
...it's also good.
你叫凯蒂 对吗
Uh... Kitty, right?
我叫米兰达
I'm Miranda.
你偶尔提起的那位朋友
Your friend, the one that you talk about sometimes,
他在教你做一名侦探吗
he's teaching you to be a detective?
我在想 你能不能帮我个忙
I was wondering if you could help me with something.
她叫苔丝
Her name is Tess.
她失踪几天了
How many days has she been gone now?
三天
Three.
她以前也这样过 让我担心
She's done this before-- let me worry
但自己却跑去朋友家狂欢寄宿
while she partied and crashed with friends.
但是我给我能想到的所有人打了电♥话♥
But I've called everyone I can think of.
他们都说没见过她
They say she isn't with them.
你没有戴婚戒
You're not wearing a wedding band--
所以你是单亲
is Dad not in the picture?
苔丝没有爸爸
Tess doesn't have a dad.
不算有
Not really.
我加入这个小组就是因为他
He's the reason I'm a part of this group.
他强♥奸♥了你
He was your rapist?
我总是告诉她 她父亲是我深爱的人
I always told her that her father was someone I loved,
而他在她出生前去世了
that he died before she was born.
但孩子总会长大
But kids grow up.
他们开始好奇
They get curious.
去年 她开始问一些问题
Last year she started asking questions.
我觉得是时候告诉她真♥相♥了
I figured it was time I told her the truth.
从那时起 她开始狂欢 离家出走
That's when the partying started, the running away.
过去的六个月中 我去了四次警局
I've been to the cops four times in the past six months.
我能看出 他们已经不把我的话当回事了
I can tell they don't take me seriously anymore.
所以我想到了你
So I thought of you.
你能帮我找到她吗
Will you help me find her?
你在那站了有一阵子了
You've been standing there for a while now.
我在思考
I'm thinking.
能思考快一点吗
Well, can you think a little faster--
法医的车刚过来
the M.E.'s van just pulled up,
凯利夫妇也都熟透了
and the Kelleys are pretty ripe.
嘿
Hey.
华生 没想到你这么快就来了
Watson. Wasn't expecting you so soon.
你不是去调查私人客户的案子了吗
Thought you were with a private client.
那案子不适合我 这里什么情况
Wasn't the job for me. So what's up?
凯利夫妇肯定是没情况
Certainly not the Kelleys.
他们死了好几天了
They've been dead for days.
保洁员几小时之前发现了他们
The housekeeper found them a couple hours ago.
他们都八十多岁了
They were both in their 80s,
但是俩人同时
but the odds that they died naturally
自然死亡的几率还是很低
and at exactly the same time are slim.
他就这么盯着他们
He's just been staring at 'em.
我在等华生
I was waiting for Watson.
你也知道 我认为向另一个人叙述案情
As you know, I find nothing helps clear up a case
是最容易拨云见日的了
like stating it to another person.
那我呢
What am I?
警探对凯利夫妇的死
The detective is right to be suspicious
心中存疑是对的
of the Kelleys' deaths.
他们不太可能
It's unlikely they'd shuffle off
会同时寿终正寝
this mortal coil simultaneously.
我没看到任何挣扎的迹象
Well, I don't see any signs of a struggle.
也许是两人双双自杀
Maybe it was a suicide pact.
他们都服毒吗
They both took poison?
虽然我确实认为是毒杀
While I do believe that poison was involved,
但我也确定他们不太可能自杀
they most assuredly did not take their own lives.
你是说有别人下毒
You're saying someone else poisoned 'em?
对 但并不是故意的
I am. Only it was unintentional.
凯利夫妇的死
The Kelleys are casualties
是这栋建筑中其他罪案的附带伤害
of a crime committed elsewhere in the building.
虽然无法确定凯利夫妇的
While it was difficult to detect beneath the Kelleys'--
你是怎么叫的 成熟度
how did you put it?-- ripeness,
但我在他们卧室的通风口附近
I could smell traces of butadiene
闻到了丁二烯的危机
around the air vent in their bedroom.
丁二烯是
And butadiene is...?
是橡胶燃烧后留下的有毒的残留气体
Is a toxic, gaseous by-product of burning rubber.
就是你现在闻到的味道
It's what you're smelling now.
剩下的几日前就已经挥发了
The rest of it dissipated days ago,
所以我们没有危险
so we're in no danger.
什么 你认为有人在下面生了火吗
What, you think someone set a fire down here?
差不多
Of sorts.
这建筑是翻新过的褐石建筑
This building is a converted brownstone.
上面三层
Each of the three floors above
都被改造成了公♥寓♥
has been turned into an apartment.
但是通风口仍然
But the vents still allocate air
从同一个主回路进气
from a main return line.
凯利夫妇住在一楼
The Kelleys live on the first floor.
所以就吸入了大部分的有毒气体
They took the brunt of the gas.
其余住客还好吗
Do we know if the other residents are okay?
三楼没人住
Uh, the third-floor apartment's vacant,
二楼有人住
and the second floor is occupied,
但我们查过了 屋主不在家
but we checked-- the owner wasn't home.
我很想知道他是不是
I'd be curious to know if he owns
有一双青色的跑步鞋
a pair of teal running shoes.
为什么
Why?
因为
Because...
那就说明他其实是在家的
it would mean he was home after all.
所以 确实是他
So, that's him.
那具地下室里的死尸
Dead guy in the basement.
虽然需要牙科记录来确认
It's going to take dental records to confirm it,
但 我确信如此
but... I believe so.
楼下的那具男尸手上的痣
The man downstairs has the same
和他排列一样
arrangement of moles on his hand.
克雷·杜布洛文斯基
"Clay Dubrovensky."
他获得了植物学博士学位
He's got a doctorate in botany
还有基因工程博士学位
and genetic engineering.
看起来不像一般的博士 是吧
Doesn't look like your average doctor, does he?
不像 像是《惊爆点》
No. Looks like Point Break
和《魔力麦克》的结合体
and Magic Mike had a baby.
-那是... -看来是电影知识
- They're, uh... - Trifles of the cinema, I take it.
今天凯蒂没来
No Kitty today?
她自己在调查一个案子
She's working a case of her own.
所以 一切顺利吗
So, how's everything going?
上次见你的时候 你不太好
Last time I saw you, you weren't doing so well.
我好多了 谢谢
I'm better, thank you.
我仍然对自己戒瘾的事存有失望
I still have disappointments with regards to my sobriety,
但我已经重新开始参加互助会了
but... I've resumed attending meetings.
你怎么样
How are you?
据楼管员说
Well, according to the super,
克雷·杜布洛文斯基是个模范房♥客
Clay Dubrovensky was a dream tenant.
他靠遗产生活
He was living off an inheritance,
总是按时交租
he always paid his rent on time...
而且他被处决的方式
And his method of execution suggests
显示他和有组织犯罪有关
a tie to organized crime.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表