这与你内心的冲突有关
It's connected to the conflict at your core.
一方面是正常传统的生活
The tension between a conventional life
另一面是对冒险的呼求
and yearning to heed the call of adventure.
我没有什么对冒险的呼求
Okay, I do not yearn to heed the call of adventure.
我现在唯一的呼求
The only thing I yearn to do right now
就是把工作做完
is to get some work done.
凯蒂应该马上就清理完
Well, Kitty should be done tidying up
她那伪造的谋杀现场了
the scene of her staged murder very soon.
有了你俩 我们应该可以
Between the two of you, we should be
很快就处理完这堆东西
through these stacks in no time.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
这个壁画 不仅丑还不搭调
This mural-- not only is it ugly, it's incongruous.
如果我不能找出它挂在这里的原因
And I shall not be able to volunteer effectively
我就无法集中全部注意力
until I know how it came to be hanging here.
这六个很显眼
Those six stand out.
你们可以停止苦差事了
You may cease your drudgery.
那壁画 我一看到
That mural, I knew it was significant
它那奇怪的风格 就知道有问题
The moment I laid eyes on its grotesque majesty.
我找到了那项目的主管
I called the director of the program,
问了关于它的详情
and I asked him all about it.
它叫做"神奇的肉豆蔻之旅"
It is called the magical myristica tour.
是史波丁一名曾经的学生画的
And it was painted by one of Spaulding's former students.
神奇的肉豆蔻之旅
Magical myristica tour?
是句愚蠢的俏皮话
It's primarily a witless pun.
但同样也暗指肉豆蔻树
But it also references the myristica tree.
那种树主要会生产两种香料
A tree which is known for producing two spices.
一种是肉豆蔻皮
The first is mace.
另一种是肉豆蔻
The second... is nutmeg.
他们曾经有一位很喜欢肉豆蔻的学生
So, one of their old students had a thing for nutmeg.
他名叫康拉德·伍德拜 并且画了
His name is Conrad Woodbine, and he's painted
一整个系列的画作
an entire series of paintings,
都是表达大量香料
which detail the hallucinogenic effects
所引发的幻觉效果
of ingesting large quantities of the spice.
吃肉豆蔻也能嗨起来
You can get high off nutmeg?
不能说是一次很舒服的经验 不过没错
I can't say it's a particularly satisfying experience, but yeah.
康拉德·伍德拜为城市
Conrad Woodbine has subcontracted to the city
做犯罪现场清理已经有十年了
as a crime scene cleaner for a decade.
直到五年前他辞职
Until five years ago when he quit
并且在斯普林大街买♥♥下了一栋
and purchased a building full of art studios
全是艺术工作室的楼
on Spring Street.
一个前犯罪现场清理工
Now, how does an ex-crime scene cleaner
怎么能买♥♥得起商业区的地♥产♥
afford real estate in soho?
也许他并没有停止生意
Perhaps he hasn't quit the trade after all.
伍德拜先生
Mr. Woodbine?
我不喜欢工作时被打扰
I'm not to be disturbed while I'm working.
这座楼不需要
This building doesn't need
监管无力的管♥理♥员♥
a superintendent who can't superintend.
我知道 但是...
I know, but...
他们是警♥察♥
They're police.
你们仨是警♥察♥
You three are cops?
某种程度上来说是
To varying degrees.
我们想谈谈你的另外一份工作
We'd like to speak with you about your other job.
真正需要艺术能力的那份
The one which requires some actual artistry.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你收费来溶解尸体
You dissolve corpses for money.
我要找律师
I'm calling my lawyer.
你为什么以来就直接责问他
Why did you just come out and accuse him like that?
现在他不会开口了
Now he's never gonna talk.
我想让他走开
I wanted him to step away.
我好奇的是在橱柜里的东西
I'm curious what's in that cabinet.
其它的都没上锁
None of the others are locked.
只有这一个
That one is.
问起来像是南瓜派
Smells like pumpkin pie.
我的律师说你们得离开了
My lawyer says you have to leave.
实际上 你可以让你的律师
Actually, you can have your attorney
与我们在警局见
meet us at the police station.
我们找到了你的肉豆蔻混合剂
We found your nutmeg concoction.
我律师来之前我不会回答任何问题
I'm not answering any questions till my lawyer gets here.
但我可以告诉你那个柜子是上锁的
But I will tell you that supply cabinet was locked.
我们的顾问说是开着的
Our consultant said it was open.
你的顾问在撒谎
Well, your consultant's lying.
1997年 你从史波丁技术学院毕业
In 1997, you graduated from Spaulding Technical Institute,
成为了一名犯罪现场清理工
you started your career as a crime scene cleaner.
接下来的十一年里
And over the next 11 years,
你为市政♥府♥干了不少活
you took on dozens of cases for the city.
你受欢迎 并且有需求
You were liked, you were in demand.
很多这样的人会雇佣更多员工
A lot of guys like that would've taken on more employees,
也许开个连锁
maybe even franchised.
而你做了什么
What did you do?
你退休了
You retired.
开始画画
Took up painting.
这审问让你无聊了吗
Is this interrogation bothering you?
你们应该已经去过
Presumably you've been to your
不少的犯罪现场
fair share of crime scenes.
就该知道我们看到的东西有多不堪
You know how difficult it is to see what we see.
血液 内脏 破裂的心脏
The blood, the viscera, the heartbreak.
我们知道你没退出清理生意 伍德拜先生
We know you didn't quit the clean-up business, Mr. Woodbine.
你只不过是换了个队伍
You just switched sides.
开始为罪犯工作
You started working for the criminals
而不是为警♥察♥
instead of the cops.
你帮助清理了所有这些人
And you helped disappear all of these people.
坏人付钱多
The bad guys pay more.
我们明白
We get that.
这就是为什么我们目前
That's why we're not looking at you
不以这些谋杀来给你指控你
for any of the murders... for now.
但是如果你给我们这些
But you give us the names of the individuals
杀人凶手的姓名
who did kill these people,
我们会和地方检察官进行交涉的
we'll recommend a deal to the DA.
我没违法
I've broken no laws.
你没有证据证明我有做错事
You have no proof of any wrongdoing.
只声称说犯罪现场可能
Just some claims that some potential
闻起来有肉豆蔻味道
crime scenes smelled like nutmeg.
我妈妈的调味料架上也有肉豆蔻
My mother keeps nutmeg in her spice rack.
也许你也想审问一下她
Maybe you want to question her, too.
看来不能期待他合作了
Well, so much for getting him to cooperate.
失望但不意外
Disappointing but not surprising.
幸运的是 还有其他方法制♥服♥他
Fortunately there are other ways to undo him.
康拉德·伍德拜就是我们要找的清理工
Conrad Woodbine is our cleaner.
这一点毋庸置疑
Of that we have no doubt.
问题当然也是
Problem is, of course,
他是个清理工
he's a cleaner.
他的工作就是不留下任何证据
His M.O. is based on leaving no evidence behind.
是 但你说还有其他抓住他的办法
Right. But you said that there was another way to get him.
我认为他的命门
I submit that his undoing lies
不在物理证据上
not in the physical evidence,
而是在每个服务行业
but in the necessary evil of every business
都无法避免的梦魇
in the service industry.
顾客身上
Customers.
他不会供出他们
He wouldn't give them up.
但是他们也许会供出他
But they might give him up.
我们找出谁想让这些人死
We figure out who wanted each of these people dead
然后给他们搬出
and then we offer them
他之前拒绝掉的同样条件
the same kind of deal that he turned down.
我们所知的唯一
Well, the only person we know has
与他有联♥系♥的人只有雷蒙德·卡朋特
a connection with him is Raymond Carpenter.
实际上 他们之间的联♥系♥
In point of fact, the connection lies
是在卡朋特的雇佣凶手与伍德拜之间
between Carpenter's hired hand and Woodbine.
你说的是那个杀了杰西卡·侯德的人
You're talking about the man who killed Jessica Holder.
但是他已经死了有年头了
But he's been dead for years.
对我们来说很幸运
Well, lucky for us,
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表