和执着的竞争意识
and a very competitive spirit.
我可不觉得您是那种
I imagine you're not the sort of person
轻言放弃的人
who takes "No" for an answer very often.
但我也不没有低劣到
I'm also not the sort
要使用恐吓女人这种卑劣的手段
who goes around scaring little old ladies.
你能告诉我们昨晚
Can you tell us where you were last night
十点钟到午夜你在哪里吗
between the hours of 10:00 P.M. and midnight?
在我一个朋友的退休聚会上
At a retirement party for a friend.
我们几个人之后出去喝酒了
A few of us went out for drinks after that.
我去给你们找那几个人的姓名和联♥系♥方式
I'll get you their names and numbers.
如果这个人对那处地♥产♥感兴趣
If that guy was interested in the property,
没准还有其他人也一样
there's a possibility that other developers were, too.
你在想会不会有其他人吓唬了房♥主
You're wondering if one of them gaslit the owner,
杀了博伊德 以免事情败露
then killed Boyd, lest he expose them?
这说法可比鬼怪靠谱多了 不是吗
Makes more sense than ghosts, doesn't it?
我知道鬼魂只有一个
Well, I wouldn't say "Ghosts," plural.
那是我丈夫 哈利
It was my husband, Harry.
我知道是因为我听到了他的声音
I know because I heard him.
他在和我说话
He was talking to me.
你丈夫去世了...
Your husband passed away...?
到今天差不多快一年了
Oh, coming up on a year now.
我听说科林·艾斯利几个月前
We know that Colin Eisely made an offer
想收♥购♥你的房♥子
on the house a few months ago.
还有其他人有这个意向吗
Did anyone else approach you?
还有一次 不过差不多是二十年前了
Yes, once, but-but that was almost 20 years go.
我都不确定那家公♥司♥现在还在不在了
I don't think that company is even in business now.
你告诉过其他人你听到说话声吗
Did you tell anyone else about the voices you were hearing?
只有我女儿
Only my daughter.
就是她给可怜的博伊德先生打了电♥话♥
She was the one who called that poor man, Mr. Boyd.
她想让他来说服我一切都只是我的幻觉
And she wanted him to convince me that I was imagining things.
她太一根经了
She has such a literal mind.
我总是告诉她该相信各种可能性
I've always told her she should be more open.
所以她没听见过说话声
So she didn't hear the voice.
她也从来没有感受过哈利的怒气
And she never heard any of Harry's tantrums, either.
怒气
Tantrums?
他曾经摔碎了橱柜那边的
He knocked some glasses
几个杯子
out of that cabinet there.
有时候电灯闪烁
Lights flickered.
有时候他让整个房♥子都震动了
Sometimes, he shook the whole house.
他生气了 故意要让我知道
Oh, he was angry, and he was letting me know.
他为什么会生气
And why would he have been angry?
我们的婚姻在有些时候是很开放的
Sometimes we had an open marriage.
另外一些时候则并不是
Other times we didn't.
不过在不该开放的时候
And when we didn't,
我做了一些不想让他知道的事情
I did some things that I never told him about.
现在他已经去世
And now that he's dead,
什么都知道了
he knows everything.
这可真是一连串的打击
That's quite a one-two punch, isn't it?
先是失去了性命 又发现自己戴了绿帽子
Discovering you're dead and a cuckold.
信不信由你 我无所谓
It doesn't bother me that you don't believe me.
恐怕我和您女儿一样一根经
I fear that I, too, may be cursed with a literal mind.
但如果你所经历的不是幻觉
If, however, you are not experiencing delusions,
有可能是有人
it may be possible that someone is trying
想利用你
to take advantage of you.
你说哈利曾和你说话 他说什么了
You said Harry spoke to you-- what did he say?
我录下来了
I have it on tape.
你们可以自己听听
You could listen for yourself.
我在这下面的时候
The clearest I ever heard Harry's voice was
哈利的声音听得最清楚
when I was down here,
所以我开始一直开着录音机
so I started leaving my tape recorder on all the time.
要把声音开大才能听到
You have to turn the volume all the way up to hear his voice.
"一母哈让"
"Imm huh-rahn"?
不不不
No, no.
他说的是个名字
He's saying a name.
吉姆·哈蒙
Jim Harmon.
就是我外遇的对象
That's the man I had the affair with.
那晚哈利震怒了 整个房♥子都跟着颤抖
Harry really shook the whole house that night.
之后他就开始咆哮吉姆的名字
And then he started yelling Jim's name.
现在你还认为一切都是我的想象吗
Well, do you still think I'm imagining things?
很抱歉 瑞辛格夫人
I apologize, Mrs. Renziger.
你肯定没有产生幻觉
You most certainly are not.
你提到过楼上壁橱里面
You mentioned that some glasses were knocked
有些杯子掉落下来
off the cabinet upstairs.
那个壁橱就在这面墙的后面 对吧
That cabinet rests against this wall, yes?
是的 上面就是客厅
Yes, the living room is right above it.
你了解你的邻居吗
How well do you know your neighbors?
杰瑞和宝拉吗
Jerry and Paula?
他们是和我一起搬进来的
They moved in here about the same time as I did.
但是他们是季度迁徙者
But they're snowbirds.
他们还有好几周才会从弗罗里达回来呢
They won't be back from Florida for a few more weeks.
友好的邻居们总是会给对方门钥匙
Oh, uh, good neighbors often exchange keys.
你是个好邻居吗 瑞辛格夫人
Are you a good neighbor, Mrs. Renziger?
录音上面说的并不是"吉姆·哈蒙"
The voice on the recording did not say "Jim Harmon,"
他说的是"老子累死了"
it said "Im haram."
那是句通俗的阿♥拉♥伯脏话
It's a common Arabic obscenity.
所以你认为那个声音
So you think that voice was coming
是从这么远的邻居地下室里传出来的
from all the way over here in the neighbor's basement.
不 我认为有人把这个距离变短了
No, I think someone shortened the distance considerably.
除了人声 我还听到了清晰的敲击声
Along with the voice, I heard a distinct banging
还有一些低沉规律的隆隆声
and a low rumbling frequency on the recording.
那个 再加上瑞辛格夫人的其他叙述
That, along with the rest of Mrs. Renziger's account,
震动 忽闪的灯光
the, uh, vibrations, the flickering lights,
都说明有人正在
all suggest that someone was employing
她房♥子的地基附近使用挖掘设备
digging equipment near the foundation of her home.
但是在外面没看到有挖掘的迹象
There were no signs of digging outside,
所以你认为是在这里挖的
So you think it was all happening down here?
那是个地道吗
Is that a tunnel?
并且终点就在瑞辛格夫人家
With a termination point
地基的附近
somewhere near the foundation of Mrs. Renziger's home.
为什么这么做
Why would someone do all this,
从这个地下室挖到她家地下室
dig from this basement to hers?
我有个办法能知道
I know a way to find out.
你发现什么了吗
Did you find anything?
我确实有所发现
I have, indeed.
造访瑞辛格夫人并不是她丈夫的鬼魂
Mrs. Renziger was not visited by her husband's ghost.
但或许是一些恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
She may, however, have been visited by terrorists.
和"露比"打个招呼吧
Meet "Ruby."
她是根跨大西洋数据电缆
She's a transatlantic data cable.
全世界最快的
The fastest in the world
并且是北美网络的主心骨
and a backbone of the North American Internet.
她看上去就像是花♥园♥里面的水管
She looks like a garden hose.
这就是现代社会的诅咒
It's a curse of the modern age
这么重要的东西都随处可见
that very significant things appear common place.
露比是连接欧洲和美国的
Now, Ruby is one of several undersea cables
几根海底数据线路之一
which connects Europe to the United States.
全部商业信息和通信信息数据
The full spectrum of commerce and communication flows
都要通过她的光纤
through her optic fibers,
当然小黄♥片♥和傻猫录像也一样
as well as the requisite glut of pornography and cat videos.
你是怎么知道这根线就是你所说的呢
And you knew that was what that cable was how?
这种电缆的位置都是在地图上可见的
The location of such cables is mapped.
只需要花费一点力气就可以找到
They're accessible with very little effort.
初衷是为了避免线路冲突
The intent is to avoid entanglements
和使用时的混乱 但是
and utility mishaps, but it also makes them
同时也让她变成最易受到恐怖袭击的目标
amongst the most vulnerable terrorist targets in the world.
而这个地下室也许是开始挖掘的最佳地点
And this basement's probably a pretty smart place to dig from.
在海滩上挖的话会引人注意
And anywhere along the beach would attract attention,
在海上就更难了
out in the ocean would be a lot harder.
这根线还和另外一座陆上的房♥子交汇
And the cable ties into a landing house
内陆♥四♥分之一公里处
another quarter of a mile inland,
但是那里的安全守卫很严格
at which point security increases markedly.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表