And the reason you have until now
而选择隐瞒了这些信息呢
ignored your civic duty and kept this information to yourself?
因为我不知道这一切是否是他们策划的
Is that I can't be sure that they're behind all this.
我可能会面临起诉
I could be exposing myself to a lawsuit.
你们想想
Come on, think about it.
要是我真和这些犯罪有关
If I had anything to do with the crimes,
我会傻到向你们表明身份吗
would I be so stupid as to identify myself to you?
我完全可以让我的律师
I could have just told my attorneys
直接请你们离开
to send you on your way.
接下这份工作吧
So, come on, work for me.
关于相关第三方的事 如果我是对的
If I'm right about the other party,
你们不仅会大赚一笔
you won't just be making an obscene amount of money.
还能把罪犯绳之于法
You'll be bringing a criminal to justice.
这不正是最重要的吗
Isn't that what really matters?
走得这么突然
That was abrupt.
但是很有收获 不是吗
But satisfying, no?
我们要联♥系♥格雷森警监吗
Well, should we call Captain Gregson?
好让赫尔先生和他的党羽
So that Hull and his cronies can deny
否认有过这次会面吗 有何用呢
this meeting ever took place? What's the point?
他自己也说了
Well, he said it himself.
他可能知道是谁雇了祖普克
He might know who hired Zupko.
胡扯 要是他知道
Bollocks. If he did, he would've
他肯定会匿名向警方举报的
passed that information to the police the same way
就像他买♥♥地图集时那样
he bought that atlas. Anonymously.
这次会面的真实目的
No. The real purpose of this meeting
就是收买♥♥我们
was to buy our allegiance.
他知道我们在找布雷地图
He knows that we seek the Bray map.
他希望我们找到地图之后只交给他
And in the event we find it, he wants to ensure we pass it
而不是其他人
to no one but him.
如果找到那幅地图
If the whole point
只是为了集齐地图集的话
of acquiring the map is to complete the atlas,
那他为什么要向给我们他的藏品呢
then why did he just offer to give us his copy?
因为收集齐地图集并不是最终目的
Because completing the atlas is not the point.
他显然并不在意
He obviously couldn't care less
其收藏价值
about its value as a collectable.
如果他的目的不是收藏
And if it's irrelevant to him,
那我猜他提到的第三方的目的
I predict it's equally irrelevant
也不是收藏
to the third party he mentioned.
那为什么他们都想要得到它呢
Then why would any of them want it?
布雷地图年代久远
The Bray map is old.
年代久远意味着其本身的珍贵
And for being old, it is valuable.
但这并非重点
But that is not the point of it.
想想 除了记录以外地图还有什么价值
Think-- what is a map but a record?
它还是隐藏着信息的文稿
It-it's a piece of parchment splashed with information.
所以他们要找的并不是地图本身
So, it's not the physical map they're after.
而是其中的信息
It's the information.
上面有河流
I see rivers...
山丘 还有几个小镇
and hills, some towns.
也许这的确算一些信息
I suppose it qualifies as information,
但在2014年这有什么用呢
but is it important in 2014?
这就是问题所在 不是吗
That is the question, is it not?
不幸的是 这还不是那幅关键地图的原版
Unfortunately, this isn't even the map that's important.
只是失窃地图的扫描图
It's a scan of the one the library had.
而我们已经知道那是赝品了
Which we know is a forgery.
我们以为斯图尔特·祖普克被杀
We thought that Stuart Zupko was killed
是因为他偷取的地图并没有收藏价值
because he had procured a map of no collectable value.
我现在相信他被杀是因为这幅地图上
I now believe that he died because the map had no
缺失了一些重要信息
informational value.
但这是复♥制♥品
But it's a copy.
难道不应该包含同样的信息吗
Shouldn't all the information be the same?
应该是
It should.
"应该"是关键词
"Should" being the key word.
我认为原版的布雷地图
Now, I believe that the original Bray map,
无论其现在位于何方
wherever it now resides,
包含着赝品所无法呈现的信息
includes data which the forgery does not,
值得杀人的信息
data worth killing for.
也就是说我们得找出
Which means we need to find out
赝品缺了些什么
what the forgery is missing.
怎么找 就像你说的
Well, how? Like you said,
原版已经找不到了
the original's nowhere to be found.
根本没办法进行对比
There's no way of comparing the two.
不全对
Only partially true.
布雷小姐很慷慨地给了我们这些照片
Miss Bray was kind enough to give us these photographs.
里边都有这幅地图
They all include images of the map.
并且都是在1940年之前照的
And they were all taken before 1940.
鉴定出那副赝品的专家
The expert who analyzed the forgery
说那是用一九四几年的墨水画的
said it was made using ink from the 1940s.
所以如果我们对照二十和三十年代的照片...
So, if we look at photographs from the '20s and '30s...
我们很可能就是在看原版
We can assume we're looking at the original.
这里边的地图都太小了
None of them feature the map...
但如果通过细致的观察
But with proper scrutiny,
差异就会自己显露出来
the discrepancies might present themselves.
你不去接吗
Do you need to take that?
不 我觉得她不需要
No, I don't believe she does.
你怎么知道
How would you know?
因为我们有很多工作要做并且时间紧迫
Because we got a lot of work to do and very little time to do it.
我在这 我可以帮忙
I'm here. I can help.
那就帮忙吧
And help you shall.
如果我电♥话♥响了呢
What if my phone rings?
我需要你的批准来接电♥话♥吗
Do I need your permission to answer it?
你不是我门徒
You are not my protege.
我想去趟厕所
I'd like to go to the loo.
你俩不反对吧
Unless either of you have any objections.
你不能这样
You can't do that.
我不能哪样
I can't do what?
你不能管得这么严
You can't police her like that.
你不能干涉她交什么朋友
You can't tell her who she can and can't talk to.
我在训练她
I'm training her.
训练成宅女吗
To be what-- a shut-in?
我知道你对感情纠葛的想法
I know how you feel about romantic entanglements.
你认为爱情很愚蠢 没问题
You think love is stupid. Fine.
无所谓 但如果她真的喜欢那男的...
Whatever. But if that is the guy that she likes...
那他会继续打过来
Then he'll call again!
一次又一次
And again and again!
你当初就是这么对我的
This is exactly the same kind of crap you used to pull with me.
我需要自己的空间 她也需要
I needed my space and so does she!
因为你俩完全是一回事
Because you are the same.
你俩的状况完全相同
Your situations are identical.
没错 我在伦敦找到你的时候
Yes! You were a virtual hermit
你就是个隐士
when I found you in London.
你几乎不能直视我这个男人的眼睛
You could barely look me in the eye because I was a man,
因为正是男人伤你最深 没错
and a man had hurt you so horrifically, yes!
你不止一次地告诉我
You told me on more than one occasion
你想要伤害你自己
that you thought of doing yourself harm.
对对 我明白了
Yes, yes, I see it now.
你们俩几乎就是同一个人
You and her are virtually indistinguishable.
谢谢你帮我看清事实 谢谢
Thank for helping me see that. Thank you.
你以为我是因为自私才干涉她
Y-You're assuming that I'm interfering for selfish reasons.
但我只不过是想...
But I'm just merely trying to...
保护她
To protect her.
她通过努力才有今天 华生
She's come a long way, Watson.
这一切来之不易
She's come a very long way.
其中大部分是靠她自己的能力
And most of that progress is testament to her great strength.
没错 但我敢说我也有贡献
Yes. But I dare say that I had a hand.
所以如果这些调情出了乱子
So, if some dalliance was to go wrong,
如果她再次被伤害了
and if it was to hurt her in some way...
你也会感到伤害
It would hurt you, too.
我明白你为什么害怕
I understand why you're afraid,
但这也是进展
but this is progress, too.
你明白的 对吧
You get that, right?
所以 我会把布雷地图和照片复印一下
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表