你的什么
One of your what?
非常规军
Irregulars.
我是你的顾问 他们是我的
I'm your consultant, captain; they are mine.
他们是各领域的专家
They're a handful of experts I turn to
而我会在遇到瓶颈时向他们求助
when I encounter problems which are beyond my pool of knowledge.
哈伦是位杰出的数学家
Harlan is a brilliant mathematician.
很多次我遇见
And on the handful of occasions I have tackled a case
与数学有关的案件时...
which pertained to mathematics...
他助你一臂之力
He helped you out.
对他来说
Well, the good news
好消息是在你们来之前
for him is the preliminary autopsy report just came in
我们拿到了初步尸检报告
before you got here.
法医将死亡时间
And the M.E. puts the time of death
确定在昨天傍晚四点到六点之间
between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. last night.
恩珀先生当时在哥大教课
Mr. Emple was teaching a class at Columbia.
被害人身份仍然未明
So the victim is yet to be identified?
没有身份证件 没有电♥话♥
No I.D., no phone.
第一个抵达现场的警探觉得可能是黑帮暗♥杀♥
First detective on the scene liked it for a mob hit,
所以我们在这里对比指纹
so while we're running the prints,
他就去有组织犯罪情报科找人辨认被害人照片了
he's showing the vic's face around OCID.
马库斯正准备带恩珀先生回案发现场
Marcus here was about to walk the scene with Mr. Emple.
现在你们来了 就一起吧
You're here now; you might as well tag along.
警监 我今天其实很忙
Actually, captain, I'm quite busy today.
这是一具无名男尸 而目前我们没有任何线索
This is a John Doe, and we got nothing.
就像你刚才说的 你是我的顾问
And, like you just said, you're my consultant.
所以 去问吧
So, go consult.
华生
Watson.
他是你的朋友
Um, he's your friend.
实际上 凯蒂有其他任务在身
Actually, Kitty is otherwise engaged,
他去年确实帮我们俩破了一件案子
and he did actually help both of us with a case last year.
不是吗
Did he not?
我有没有告诉你我见到你有多高兴
Have I told you how good it is to see you?
说了 三次
Yes, you have. Three times.
确实很高兴
Well, it is.
见面时机很糟
Hey, lousy circumstances.
但是
But, uh, hey...
我刚听你老板说 你才从伦敦回来
I heard from your boss that you just, uh, got back from London.
你是在那边查案还是...
Were you working a case or...?
不 我搬回去了
No, I moved back there.
你是说搬家的搬吗
You mean moved, moved?
还有别的意思吗
Is there another definition?
我在那里待了八个月
I was there for eight months,
之后又改变主意回了纽约
and had a change of heart and returned to New York.
所以你搬去伦敦 但你没有...
So, you moved to london, and you didn't, uh...
这些都不是事儿
You know what? Doesn't even matter.
重点是你回来了
The point is you're back!
恩珀先生
Mr. Emple.
我有活干了
Uh, duty calls.
去吧
Yeah.
有意思
It's interesting.
樟脑球有意思吗
Mothballs are interesting?
它们是从那边的柜子里取出来的
They were taken from that cabinet over there.
显然是为了掩盖无名氏尸体腐烂的气味
Obviously, to cover the smell of John Doe's decay.
但它们不是凶手带来的
The killer didn't bring them with him.
也许把尸体留在这里不在他计划之中
Perhaps leaving the body here was not part of his plan, hmm?
死者先是脚部中枪 然后是膝盖
Doe was shot in the foot first and then the knee.
这两枪是因为凶手♥枪♥法太差还是...
Either those were two really bad misses or...
还是凶手在折磨他
Or the killer was torturing him.
这不像是你一个人没法处理的案子
This doesn't seem like anything you can't handle on your own.
你能告诉我你为什么要把我叫来吗
So you want to tell me why you really asked me to come here?
"这不像是你一个人无法处理的案子"
"This doesn't seem like anything you can't handle on your own."
真有趣
That's funny.
这刚好是我在知道你找凯蒂帮忙
That's exactly what I would have said
进行你那庸俗的副业之后
had I been present when you asked kitty for her assistance
想对你说的话
with your tawdry side job.
庸俗
"Tawdry"?
我想告诉你我同意了
I wanted you to know I approve.
同意什么
Of what?
你对凯蒂的打算
Your agenda with regards to Kitty.
几天前 我把她的档案给了你
Several days ago, I gave you her file.
然后你昨天去了褐石屋
And then you show up at the Brownstone yesterday,
并且邀请她参与调查
and you invite her into an investigation.
这是巧合吗 我不这么觉得
Coincidence? No, I think not.
你觉得她可怜 现在你想帮她
You feel for her. And now you wish to engage.
这不是我预期的结果
It's not an outcome I would have predicted, no.
但我对这个结果很同意
But it is one I approve of, yeah.
她能从你身上学到很多
She could learn a great deal from you,
尤其是在如何充分利用我的教导
Especially with regards to how to get the most
这方面
from my tutelage.
所以我已经让她去跟踪你的科斯维克先生了
So, I've already dispatched her to, uh, follow your Mr. Keswick.
但那不是我真正...
But that's not what I actually...
哈伦
Harlan!
你是来这里追踪一个电♥话♥号♥码的 对吗
You came here to retrieve a phone number, did you not?
然后你发一条短♥信♥ 便会收到
You would send a text, and then receive
你玩的这个游戏里的下一条线索
the next clue in the game that you were playing.
对 但是我没找到
Yeah, but I didn't find it.
那个死人从柜子里
Not that I kept looking
掉出来之后我就没再找了
after the dead guy fell out of the locker.
鉴证组也没有找到什么号♥码
Yeah, CSU didn't find any number either.
也许是因为它被盖在那片油漆下了
Probably because it's under that paint.
那是新刷的
It's fresh.
过去二十四小时内刚刷的
Applied in the last 24 hours.
我敢打赌就在那个无名氏死后
Right after John Doe's murder, I'd wager.
你觉得这不是一起黑帮行凶案
You don't think this was a mob hit?
死者和凶手也在玩那个游戏
Doe and the killer were playing the game, too.
凶手杀了死者然后把号♥码盖上
The killer shot doe and then covered up the number
这样别人就看不到了
so no one else could use it.
你们那个小比赛的奖金是多少
What's the prize in your little contest?
我主要是为了数学而参加的
Well, I'm doing it mostly for the math.
但奖金是1707071美元
But, uh, $1,707,071.
这是另一个回文素数
It's another palindromic prime.
我在警♥察♥局里没提过奖金数额吗
Did I not mention the money at the station?
谁能为解谜大赛
Who the hell can afford
提供这么多奖金
that kind of payout for a puzzle hunt?
大部分人认为是CAML
Well, most people think it's CAML.
应用数学及逻辑中心
The Center for Applied Mathematics and Logic.
位于拉玛珀...
It's located in Ramapo...
等等 大部分人"认为"是它
Wait, most people "think" it's them?
这样的比赛
Well, hunts like these,
组织者通常是匿名的
the organizers are almost always anonymous.
这是标准操作手法
It's S.O.P.
那参与者呢
What about the contestants?
匿名也是标准操作手法吗
Is anonymity also S.O.P.?
大部分人是的
For the most part, yeah.
但数学圈可是我的圈子
But, guys, math peeps are my peeps, okay?
这有点像一个小社群
It's, uh, like a community, sort of.
我能想出十到十二个可能
I can think of ten or 12 other people
跟我一同参加比赛的人
who were probably competing.
这能帮上忙吗
Would that help?
不
No.
抱歉 我不认识他
I'm sorry, I don't know him.
但你承认你也参加了贝尔芬格解谜大赛
But you admit you were competing in Belphegor's Prime.
是的
I do.
佩佩
Pepe!
抱歉 它不喜欢陌生人
Sorry. He doesn't like strangers.
给它一块这个
Give him one of these.
它就会喜欢你了
Get on his good side.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我只是在证实你在对我们说谎
I'm just verifying that you've been lying to us.
你明明认识死者 不是吗
You did know the dead man, did you not?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表