His game was, in many respects, one of chance.
说明他知道想要什么 但不知道谁有
Suggesting he knows what he wants, but not who has it.
就好像他自己也在解一个谜团
Like he was on a puzzle hunt of his own.
我回来了
I'm back.
我下楼去弄吧
I'll set up downstairs, yeah?
我一直在想你之前所说的话
I've been thinking about what you said earlier.
我决定再跟她谈一次
I've decided to engage her one more time
为了她的完全康复
with regards to her recuperation.
我怀疑她不会听 但我会告诉你进展的
I doubt she'll listen, but I'll keep you apprised.
我一直在想
I've been thinking.
想什么
About?
你 你的过去
You. Your history.
你决定不寻求帮助
Your decision not to seek help.
我觉得那是错误的决定
I think it's a mistake.
是吗
Oh?
我找了几个互助小组
I've looked into a number of support groups.
就像你知道的
As you are well aware,
我从类似经验中获得了不少帮助
I have benefited greatly from similar settings.
是没错
You have.
那种过程 我发现
The process, I find,
虽然就像在清空你的肠胃...
is not unlike voiding one's bowels...
我会去的
I'll go.
什么
What?
我会去的 告诉我细节就好了
I'll go. Just get me the details.
我也在思考关于那位搞数字的哈伦
I've been thinking, too-- about your number-cruncher, Harlan.
你觉得我对他太刻薄了吗
You think I was too hard on him.
你今后也会有自己的顾问
You will have consultants of your own one day.
你会发现他们需要管理并集中注意力
You'll see that they require management and focus.
他们不过是键盘上的按键 而我们是打字员
They are but keys on a keyboard, and we're the typists.
你给他提鞋都不关我事
You could've given him a shoeing for all I care.
不是 我只是想说
No, I'm just saying that
他调查出的一些东西 都挺不错的
some of the stuff he's got up to, it's quite good.
你应该看一看
You should take a look.
也许可以找到一位打字员同伴
You may find a fellow typist.
你好
Hello?
我听说你和一些朋友
Yeah, I hear that you and some friends
想要找出摩·夏尔舒克的身份
are trying to identify Mo Shellshocker.
是没错 你是谁
That's right. Who is this?
他的名字是哈伦·林珀
His name is Harlan Emple.
你有笔吗
You got a pen?
我把他的地址给你
I'll-I'll give you his address.
哈伦
Harlan.
你就这么不开窍吗
You can't take a hint, can you?
我收到了你的短♥信♥
I got your text messages.
我现在不想见你
I don't want to see you right now.
如果你是来道歉的...
So if you came here to apologize...
实际上 我来是帮你免于惨死的
Actually, I came here to spare you an agonizing death.
我能进去吗
Can I come in?
我之前很迷惑
I was puzzling earlier
为什么凶手要费如此周章
as to why the killer went to such specific lengths.
他想要什么
What did he want?
然后华生 凑巧地
And then Watson, quite by accident,
作出了一个绝妙的类比
she made a most compelling analogy.
她说就好像他自己也在寻找什么
She said it was as if he was on a hunt of his own.
当然 他在猎杀数学家们
Duh. He was hunting mathematicians.
不 他没有
No, he wasn't.
他在猎杀某位数学家
He was hunting a mathematician.
就一个
One.
这人不仅在数学家圈子里
A man who had concealed his identity not only
隐藏了自己的身份
from the mathematics community at large,
就连联调局都查不到他
but also from the FBI.
一位"圣骑士" 你可以这么叫他
A "Crusader," you might call him.
等等 你是说这一切都是因为我
Wait a minute. Are you saying that this was all about me?
不幸的是 效仿我这样的人
Unfortunately, emulating the work of people like me
是有风险的
is not without risks.
会树敌无数
Creates enemies.
我就知道是政♥府♥捣鬼
I knew it was the government.
是个彩票赢家
It was a lottery winner.
一年多以前
Little over a year ago,
你开始在一系列博客上揭露一些
you started a series of blogs where you exposed the flaws
刮刮乐彩票游戏的缺陷
in certain scratch card lottery games.
像这样的彩票
Tickets like this one.
我写过诱饵游戏
I wrote about baited hook games.
这些彩票的正面印有数字
Games where the numbers are printed on the front.
刮掉隐藏的数字 希望得到相同号♥码
Scratch off the hidden numbers, hope for a match.
只不过你证明了
Only, you proved
通过仔细地分♥析♥面上的数字
that with careful mathematical analysis of the visible numbers,
你可以预测哪张彩票能中奖
you could predict which tickets were winners
准确率有八成
80% of the time.
如果你利用了这种缺陷 而不是揭露出来
If you had exploited this flaw, rather than exposing it,
你可能已经赚了几百万
you could have made millions.
这话没错 但这样就是作弊了
Well... sure. But that would been cheating.
对
Right.
那想象一下
So imagine for a moment
你是个没那么诚实的数学家
that you are a less honest mathematician.
对吧
Right?
你几年来一直想利用
You've been taking advantage of these games
这些游戏来敛财
for a couple of years to amass a small fortune.
然后"摩"出现了
And then "Mo" comes along.
他开始揭露这些有缺陷的游戏
He starts exposing the broken games.
州彩票委员会将其取消
State Lottery Commissions shut them down.
虚假牟利的伎俩就此结束
The exploitable games dry up.
假如你是个精神错乱的彩票老千
Now, if you were a psychopathic lottery cheat,
你会怎么做
how do you fix that?
你会杀了"摩"
You kill Mo.
可惜的是 "摩"神出鬼没
Unfortunately, Mo is elusive.
没人知道他是谁
Anonymous.
他唯一能确定关于"摩"的是
The only thing he knew about him for sure
他抵挡不住解谜大赛的诱惑
was that he could not resist a puzzle hunt.
如果你已经够聪明能发现
Now, if you were smart enough to identify
有缺陷的彩票游戏并从中牟利...
and take advantage of broken lottery games...
那我也够聪明能设计一个解谜大赛
Then I'm smart enough to design a puzzle hunt.
但这计划并非完美
This plan was not without its flaws.
当参赛者进入了最终关卡
Once a competitor reached the terminal stage,
凶手无法确定他抓到的是不是"摩" 对吧
the killer could not be certain that he'd trapped Mo, could he?
于是他折磨他们
So he tortured them.
我猜他迫使他们登录"摩"的网站
I submit he forced them to log on to Mo's Web site,
而当他们无法登陆时...
and when they failed...
杀了两个人以后
After two murders,
计划泡汤了
the game was compromised.
所以凶手想出了备用计划
So the killer devises a Plan "B."
他诱使一帮数学家
He tricks a group of his peers
帮助他寻找其他方法
into helping search for an alternative means
辨别"摩"的真实身份
of identifying Mo.
你说的是那个家伙
You're talking about that guy.
在顶层公♥寓♥里的那个
The one with the penthouse.
保罗
Paul?
中了彩票的人都会记录在案
Lottery winners are public record.
所以当我搜索在你发博客前反复出现的
So when I searched for the names of repeat winners
中奖者名字时...
in the dates prior to your posts...
真不敢相信我竟然喝了他递的水
I can't believe I drank his water.
我给他打了电♥话♥
I called him.
告诉他你就是"摩"
I identified you as Mo.
并给了他你的地址
And I gave him your address.
你干了什么
You what?!
放下武器
Drop your weapon!
不过我给他的是
I did not, however, give him
错误的公♥寓♥房♥间号♥
the correct apartment number.
一个多小时前他刚被捕了
He was arrested a little over an hour ago.
本想打电♥话♥告诉你 但...
Tried to call you to tell you, but, um...
我一直拒接你电♥话♥
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表